Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,589 members, 7,955,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? (14880 Views)

Temptations Vs Our Sight / Christians, How Often Do You Read The Bible? / Catholic Christians, How Much Do You Know Your Faith?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Diligence: 11:04am On Apr 19, 2013
What helped me through the years:

1. Avoid such visits that leave only 2 of you in such enclosed place
2. Always be in the presence of God and always study the word of God personally
3. Self-discipline (this is the most important) You alone can decide whether or not to sin against God, because the grace is already there... Jesus won't have to die again for this.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by jmoore(m): 11:21am On Apr 19, 2013
1-Never be alone with the opposite sex.

2-Flee when the seduction starts

3-Selfcontrol. This will help you not to demand for premarital sex and to reject demands from the opposite sex
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Rick9(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2013
It's not easy shall but as for me no more sex again
i quit in 2010 am 19 now well its not easy at all.
Add me www.facebook.com/fred.rick.712
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by searay(m): 11:28am On Apr 19, 2013
Hmmmmmmm! How I wish I can turn back the hands of time.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by sylve11: 11:29am On Apr 19, 2013
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." Oscar Wilde. . .Oh, how i love this guy! grin grin cool
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by drnoel: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2013
just look the other way
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by manmustwac(m): 11:32am On Apr 19, 2013
Raging hormones is snother way of just saying your feeling Hot. Feeling Hot is natures way of telling you that you've reached the age to begin reproduction. When animals feel Hot they mate in order to continue the cycle of life. Saying that its against Gods word to have sex before marriage is crap because if he didn't want us to have sex before marriage why make us feel Hot & want to fornicate if it was true
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Wisetalk1: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2013
991: Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
-Mohandas Gandhi

christians are the worst pretenders i've ever seen!!
Useless comment! How does this statement connect to the topic? Even if u don't like christians is it a reason for judging everybody? Use ur brain.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by dddaaayyyooo(m): 11:37am On Apr 19, 2013
Well, am not Joseph so I will help her out Chapchap since she needs it
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Dreal1247: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2013
Okija_juju: SIMPLE..

When I am tempted by the Spirit of Lust, fornication, immorality and sex,

I simply backslide, have sex, repent and return to default mode..

#Problem solved.

Thank God for the Blood of Jesus and Grace.. Sinning has never felt so good.
Onye a na-agwo ibi ọ na eto afọ, ị mara na o nwere umunna n'ajọ ọfịa. Ijiji enweghị onye ndumodu na eso ozu aba n'ili. Biko nwannen biko gbanwee edemede gị na Nairaland. Ihe dum nwere oge. Otu okwu ezuola onye maara ihe.(a word is enough 4 d wire). Ya gazie.

3 Likes

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by basilo101: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2013
If pesn put sugar 4 my mouth i no go spit am out
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by goodgood2(m): 11:49am On Apr 19, 2013
Tunisque:

Your story is incomplete. You never mentioned whether you fell or not. Be that as it may, i must tell you that you weren't wise enough to have gone to a sister's hostel not to talk of sitting on her bed. When we caution brothers against too much familiarity with sisters they think otherwise. The truth is that the flesh is not born again but the spirit, yes God's grace in Christ Jesus is sufficient but He warns us to be as wise as the serpent and gentle as the dove. Apostle Peter also emphasizes on the need for us be vigilant and sober for our adversary the devil as a roaring lion walketh about seeking whom he may devour. We all face temptation from the opposite sex every day and God gives us grace to say NO but we shouldn't take the grace of God for granted.

Well, all i said here are for those that are actually born again with the Spirit of God bearing witness with their spirit that they are child of God. God bless you.
My brother, wisdom is just it o! I've devised a means to stay out of fornication. I try all i can to stay away from women, especially the light-skinned ones that i easily fall for.

I usually turn down ladies' invitation to their homes. Also, i don't let them into my room.

I know who i am- a weak man, who can barely resist ?? During my days in the university, i was competing with 2face. Now, I'm born again, and i don't wish to backslide. I'll get married asap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by dgitrader(m): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2013
[size=16pt]go and seat down somewhere, you wont get her number, the OP's thread/question is directed at christians[/size]. grin tongue
tellwisdom:

Please give me her number sad...Is she still in that hostel??
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by ooua: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2013
You saying this, have you found his LOVE? That will be good to share. Waiting...
Thank God for the Blood of Jesus and Grace.. Sinning has never felt so good.[/b][/quote]
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by ooua: 11:53am On Apr 19, 2013
You saying this? Have you found his LOVE. Waiting....
Okija_juju: SIMPLE..

When I am tempted by the Spirit of Lust, fornication, immorality and sex,

I simply backslide, have sex, repent and return to default mode..

#Problem solved.

Thank God for the Blood of Jesus and Grace.. Sinning has never felt so good.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Larryupsy: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2013
[quote author=RiKKiesJust do what Joseph did in the Bible -Agree with u on dis . D bible says wage war against devil and his principalities and he shall flee.bt know fully well dat in dis situation it has to work other way round it's now d devil waging war and it's no tym to scalabosh and speak in tongue.u just have to fleeeeeeeeeeeee.............
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by horlla(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
My brother,I think the best is for you to have an identity that reveals your stand on issues like that......then such temptations would be greatly minimised and off course flee and depend God's Grace
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Desdola(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
The best thing is to perform chioma ajunwa. if ur right hand wld cos u 2 commit sin cut it off.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Uniqueme(f): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2013
Flee
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Afam4eva(m): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
What a funny world. While some people are tempted, others are the temptation.

It's really difficult growing up in this generation. I grew up not knowing what the use of the opposite sex was. I mean, a could could literally strip nakked in front of me and i won't feel a darn thing and i will be like "So, what do you want me to do?. But now i've been so corripted by these things that remaining focus in the midst of curvacious hips and tantalizing set of manchesters is really a task. I think it's easier to become a billionaire than to stay away from temptation". That's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Afam4eva(m): 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
jmoore: 1-Never be alone with the opposite sex.

2-Flee when the seduction starts

3-Selfcontrol. This will help you not to demand for premarital sex and to reject demands from the opposite sex
How can you not be alone with the opposite sexx when there are loads of them in the world. It's not like there's a Male-Only country or something.

When the seduction starts, fleeing becomes difficult. That's whole idea of a seduction

If he had bulk of self-control, i don't think he would have opened this thread. We're humans and it's hard to self control ourselves when an external force is controlling us.

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
hmnnn.....

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by amir99(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2013
Just take a condom around with u....body no be firewood
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by phlamy(m): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by jmoore(m): 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
[color=#006600]How can you not be alone with the opposite sexx when there are loads of them in the world. It's not like there's a Male-Only country or something.

When the seduction starts, fleeing becomes difficult. That's whole idea of a seduction

If he had bulk of self-control, i don't think he would have opened this thread. We're humans and it's hard to self control ourselves when an external force is controlling us.

Being alone with the opposite sex creates room for seduction. The opposite sex seduces when no one else is watching thats why being alone is dangerous. I am not saying both sexes can't walk around . How can a man be alone with a woman in a room whose plan is to seduce him ? Thats playing with fire

Joseph in the bible got selfcontrol thats why he fled when the lady tried to seduce him.

Give your own advice if you are a christian and stop countering my words..
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
omo_abolade: There's no two way frm escapin ds kind of temptatn dn to RUN. In 2007, a single older lady trried luring me. It was my new station nd she was d only person i knew in d village. Dt day she took permision in d school she was teachin durin break, only for her to come to d health centre whr i work to seduce me. When she saw dt a nurse was present she invited me to her place for lunch. Bt i declined sensin her intentns by God's grace while promisin to visit her later. ds i did in d evenin when her room mates were back frm school.
Several yrs later, even afyer she got married, she still sent a romantic msg to me. One tin i ensured was dt we never ar never alone together.
All in all, IT HAS BEEN BY GOD'S GRACE

Keep a distance from each other when you are in the lonely place and avoid unnecessary talk
Grace is always at work for us
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by baldman: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
Interesting thread. Like someone said, don't put yourself in compromising situation and pray way ahead that any time a temptation that comes your way, God will show up and make a way out for you and give you the grace to take the 'way' and flee.

I once had an experience and it was something she said that called me to my senses.

We need our lives to be saturated with God's spirit and we have to constantly mortify our members here with the word of God as well as fasting and prayer. God is able to keep us. Sex is a transaction, don't trade your destiny for a few minutes of pleasure.

Sometimes it feels like one is a weakling for not doing what others are doing without remorse but really if you know how devastating sex outside of holy matrimony has on one's destiny you would know it is the wisest decision ever. If you have got it,keep it, if you have slipped previously, don't give up trying to keep it.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
Wise-talk:
Useless comment! How does this statement connect to the topic? Even if u don't like christians is it a reason for judging everybody? Use ur brain.

truth hurts you know!!
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by AMossley(m): 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
Dreal1247: .
Onye a na-agwo ibi ọ na eto afọ, ị mara na o nwere umunna n'ajọ ọfịa. Ijiji enweghị onye ndumodu na eso ozu aba n'ili. Biko nwannen biko gbanwee edemede gị na Nairaland. Ihe dum nwere oge. Otu okwu ezuola onye maara ihe.(a word is enough 4 d wire). Ya gazie.
why this jargon?Is it because you don't understand english or that you don't know that the lingua franca here on nairaland is english.
@op,me think it happens to everyone so far one is sexually matured and not impotent but to be pragmatic about overcoming temptations.
1.watch what you watch,where you go and your thoughts(Psalm 1:1-5,proverbs 4:23)
2.pray always both physically and in spirit( John 17:15,Matthew 26:41)
3.Read,meditate and do the word of God(John 17:17,15:3,Heb 4:12)
4.Don't ever do it maybe as test run because,if you do it once,you'll find it difficult to desist,even when others don't tempt you,you'll tempt yourself.Don't taste it even if it is cheap or free
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
Very gud thread... Its really a tasking task bt wit determination, self-discipline nd allowing the Holy Spirit 2 lead nd direct u, u can overcome.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by nairapower: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
Thank God, u escaped. May God continue to grant u grace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.