Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? (14772 Views)

Temptations Vs Our Sight / Christians, How Often Do You Read The Bible? / Catholic Christians, How Much Do You Know Your Faith?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
sylve11: "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." Oscar Wilde. . .Oh, how i love this guy! grin grin cool
wat an advs
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
sylve11: "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." Oscar Wilde. . .Oh, how i love this guy! grin grin cool
wat an eratic advice.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
U fall when u think that u can never fall.As a genuine believer,acknowledge d fact that even David that asked God 2 search him and know if there be any sinful way in him,later gave in to the sin of adultery.Being in a closed door or hidden place even with a brethren of the opposite sex is dangerous.Guard and guide ur mindset.
Guide ur eyes.
Guide ur ears.
Acknowledge dat fornication is defiling the temple of the holy spirit.
May the Word of God be ur guide.
And then will ye know dat running away 4rm sexual immorality is not so difficult as youths think.
At 23,I can still boast of being not defiled.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2013
My brother my advice 4 u is too pray to GOD. Pple dont knw wat it is to giv their lyf to christ. Wen u giv ur lyf to christ it means ure givin him ur lyf 2 control and manage 4 u. If u hav given ur lyf 2 him remind him (in humility and nt arogance because he GOD). Ask him 2 help u. He wil he is gud. U wil notis dat if u do as ive said, even if it seems ure close 2 d act he wil com in and create a distraction and funy enof he wil make d same person asking u 4 sex to discourage u 4rm havin sex. I knw wat im sayin.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
My brother my advice 4 u is too pray to GOD. Pple dont knw wat it is to giv their lyf to christ. Wen u giv ur lyf to christ it means ure givin him ur lyf 2 control and manage 4 u. If u hav given ur lyf 2 him remind him (in humility and nt arogance because he GOD). Ask him 2 help u. He wil he is gud. U wil notis dat if u do as ive said, even if it seems ure close 2 d act he wil com in and create a distraction and funy enof he wil make d same person asking u 4 sex to discourage u 4rm havin sex. I knw wat im sayin. Ask HOLY SPIRIT to help u sir. He is gud he will. Even if u hav done it, he stil luvs u
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
A.Mossley:

compactable or compatible?Nawao with this your grammar and advice.So for the fact that a pastor keeps condom in the bible means all christians should follow suit.Are we to imitate pastors or act according to bible injunctions?
But that we write unto them that they abstain... and from fornication...(Acts 15:20)

You are a true Christian, always ready to ridicule yourself. Christians are just a bunch of hypocrites that are looking for gullible people to brainwash. Thank God for the Elect. Paul's advice was not that you should wait till you are ready to marry.

1 Corinthians 7:9
But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Divineboy42(m): 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
As a child of God , mind ur goin out and comin in. Stay away from evil . Be wise.
U have to have fore sight , redeming d tym 4 d daz ar evil. Dont go to her hostel again. Dont be in a lonely place alone wht her. Flee. pls. FLEE
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Divineboy42(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
MrBible:

You are a true Christian, always ready to ridicule yourself. Christians are just a bunch of hypocrites that are looking for gullible people to brainwash. Thank God the Elect. Paul's advice was not that you should wait till you are ready to marry.

1 Corinthians 7:9
But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Niftyrules(m): 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
jacobscros: I was tempted and I ended up fornicating. trust me the guilt I feel haunts me till now especially when the word virgin is mentioned. Dont do it bro...
God would c u thru bro, in my own case a course mate of mine who we both attended d same church called me in her room, telling me she wanna change so we can go shopping together. I tried excusing her but she said i can stay. I stayed shifted my chair and turn my back at her. U wouldnt believe she was bare like dat without cloth. But God's grace saw me thru i didnt do anything.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by ylaa(f): 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
Vilicious: I went to see my campus fellowship member (female) in her hostel, as I sat in her bed reading a magazine, she came in a short skimpy outfit. She looked so hot but as a christian i know it is wrong to do anything sexual until marriage. So i decided to leave her hostel . She told me to stay, that she had something for me. As i sat in her bed, she push me into the bed came on top of me and beg me to have se.x with her. She said she needed me badly. Apart from this, I have been facing other temptations. I feel like giving in sometimes. This is to those of you who are virgins or those of you who have decide not to have sex again till you get married
have you ever been tempted to have se.x before. Please share the story with us, How did you overcome it, if you fell into the temptation, still share it so that others will learn from your story. Thanks in advance.

WETIN BE THIS? DONT YYOU HAVE A BETTER TOPIC TO DISCUSS THAN YOUR URGE FOR SEX? TELL US YOU DID IT THAN THIS LIE COS I KNOW MEN CANNOT RESIST THE URGE FOR SEX, WHEN ONCE IT HITS THEM LIKE DIS, THEY EVEN FORGET THEIR NAMES. NEXT TIME POST SOMETHING BETTER. AM TIRED OF THIS SEX STUFF ON NAIRALAND.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by gitfmomurla: 1:19am On Apr 20, 2013
Hello,
How is everything with you As I whisper my prayer today I went into search for a trust friendship I picked interest on you when i saw your profile and decided to contact you,I believe God have a purpose.I will be glad if you respond immediately at my email address (healingodion@yahoo.co.uk)I will also tell you more about myself and my pictures please kindly accept my request
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by brunels: 1:21am On Apr 20, 2013
Itz rili amazing ow I can't relate to wat dis guys r saying grin
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Ifetex(m): 4:51am On Apr 20, 2013
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Ifetex(m): 4:51am On Apr 20, 2013
If u must visit a sister make sur u r with some body, **tnk God 4 Assemblies of Gog doctrins
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by NLGwoodey: 5:03am On Apr 20, 2013

My prayer starts with "Please lead me into temptation"

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by masagoody(m): 6:17am On Apr 20, 2013
it's a pity the world is the way it is today.... People say VIRGINITY is not dignity, it is lack of OPPORTUNITY... Ok, i dont want to argue it, becos i will never be able to change their opinion... But whose report will you believe.. In the issues of life, the majority most times is wrong (remember joshua and caleb among the twelve spies). There is no temptation that is not common to man, and God said he will always provide a way of escape... So, we have to be sensitive enough to see and make use of the escape route, as we cannot totally eliminate the possibility of being tempted..
Strive enough and make it a priority to remain faithful, and God, who alone can keep a man will see your sincerity and honesty and keep you...
Also long for the testimony of your chastity by drawing strength from the testimony of others.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by masagoody(m): 7:34am On Apr 20, 2013
pls google this and read the article. God bless you

Sexual Temptation: A sobering
story
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Dracula27: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2013
There is the spiritual aspect and the physical aspect. Make no mistake about it for it is not by power nor by might but by my Spirit says the Lord

Watch and pray so you would not fall into temptation.
Draw nearer to God and he would draw nearer to you. Resist the devil and he would flee from you.

Flee youthful lust
Flee every appearance of evil
Do not be deceived evil communication corrupts good manners.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by parosky22: 11:53am On Apr 20, 2013
Well,it just by the grace of God that one can triumph over suc temptations,however,we need to allow flesh to die and make up ur mind to stay away 4rm tempting environment.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by mindtricks: 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
@ Vilicious, life is give and take. Generally, nothing good comes easy and it depends on you what you really want in ur life and the attendant consequences. Nothing is free, even in Freetown. It's difficult, but possible to turn down such advances if you always remember and focus on the lot you put at stake and stand to lose if you give in. Dont forget you dont fall into it until from within you, you have given your consent.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by mindtricks: 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
ylaa:

WETIN BE THIS? DONT YYOU HAVE A BETTER TOPIC TO DISCUSS THAN YOUR URGE FOR SEX? TELL US YOU DID IT THAN THIS LIE COS I KNOW MEN CANNOT RESIST THE URGE FOR SEX, WHEN ONCE IT HITS THEM LIKE DIS, THEY EVEN FORGET THEIR NAMES. NEXT TIME POST SOMETHING BETTER. AM TIRED OF THIS SEX STUFF ON NAIRALAND.
You may not know - There's far lot more to life than s.ex. Hope you find way to understand.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
mindtricks: You may not know - There's far lot more to life than s.ex. Hope you find way to understand.

Matthew 19:11 - 12
11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.
12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

Mark 10: 6 - 8
6“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.
7: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,
8: and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by truthislight: 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
Paschal007: Eh me i don't cope with that kind desire, i simply satisfy my urge. Goshen360 said sex between 2 unmarried adults is Not a sin. See life's good. cool
lol grin. ^^

smh
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Goshen360(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
Paschal007:

Eh me i don't cope with that kind desire, i simply satisfy my urge. Goshen360 said sex between 2 unmarried adults is Not a sin. See life's good. cool

What did he said? Is that what you understood by what he said? Does the case of the OP fits into what he said? You're a liar! angry Remember, Who.res and who.re.mon.gers, God will judge. Christian Grace & liberty is not an opportunity to satisfy the flesh.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by adetsim(m): 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
jacobscros: I was tempted and I ended up fornicating. trust me the guilt I feel haunts me till now especially when the word virgin is mentioned. Dont do it bro...

You're so honest a person . I gbadun you man.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by truthislight: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
Paschal007: Eh me i don't cope with that kind desire, i simply satisfy my urge. Goshen360 said sex between 2 unmarried adults is Not a sin. See life's good. cool

hehehe!

Chei! This person dey look for Goshen trouble o!

Guy, no mind am, him want carry your leg outside.

Goshen360:

What did he said? Is that what you understood by what he said? Does the case of the OP fits into what he said? You're a liar! angry Remember, Who.res and who.re.mon.gers, God will judge. Christian Grace & liberty is not an opportunity to satisfy the flesh.

tell them o!

Lol. "Goshen say" grin
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2013
Its really nice reading d comments here and knowing that there are still MEN who stand for God nd His ways in this decaying society where men nd women have lost their sanity... May God continue 2 kip nd help us nt 2 fall.
N.B: 'Let he dat thinketh he stands take heed lest he falls,' says d Bible. At every stage of spiritual maturity more blow 2 self (flesh) is required,more self-denial nd discipline.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Oxytocin712: 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
My bro i can testified to that, but major Temptations will come bec you have a glorious destiny. Never give to it, pray to God (be a prayer addict), ready d words of God and confess them, see ur body as the temple of God, purge it with the blood of Jesus always including ur heart and mind. Never follow the saying that "everybody does it" you are not everybody. Know that others may you can not- Bec of ur position in Christ Jesus @28 plus i can still boast of not been defile; It pays thou not easy and that is where the place of asking for His grace daily comes in, in order to overcome temptation and worldly lust.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by graphicsplay: 9:33pm On Apr 20, 2013
Okija_juju: SIMPLE..

When I am tempted by the Spirit of Lust, fornication, immorality and sex,

I simply backslide, have sex, repent and return to default mode..

#Problem solved.

Thank God for the Blood of Jesus and Grace.. Sinning has never felt so good.

Brother Okija (juju deleted), you have a sense of humour.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by graphicsplay: 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2013
good.good:

My brother, wisdom is just it o! I've devised a means to stay out of fornication. I try all i can to stay away from women, especially the light-skinned ones that i easily fall for.

I usually turn down ladies' invitation to their homes. Also, i don't let them into my room.

I know who i am- a weak man, who can barely resist ?? During my days in the university, i was competing with 2face. Now, I'm born again, and i don't wish to backslide. I'll get married asap.

Good confession.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by FreeWill01: 11:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
LMAO (like Chinese guy)
tellwisdom:

Please give me her number sad...Is she still in that hostel??
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 21, 2013
amir_99: Just take a condom around with u....body no be firewood
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

256 Odu Ifa ~ Ifa Religion / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.