Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? (2521 Views)

Woman, Why I Will Always Be Afraid Of Them For The Rest Of My Life. / Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by OgunyemiJohn(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2013
When a new baby is given birth to, the popular and the next question after the announcement is " wetin him born" ..." boy or girl" ?

My concern is, when the boy or girl is grown up to a full responsible being i.e. married and taking care of home is now the challenge of the day like; (providing ends means, shelter, feeding, clothing, bills payment, school fees, kitchen works, home mgts and more) . In reality, more of these are on man's shoulder.

A 10yrs old boy was telling me one day that ' ... if not that women always be in the kitchen, I would have love to be a woman because I wonder what mummy used her salary for. Daddy is paying for every thing; food, school, even yesterday she was asking Daddy for money to buy sets of new cooking pots' he concluded.

If possible things are turned othed way round, that women should go out and men should stay in as women to look after home, would it be an easy responsibility?

Share you view and opinion (Biblical saying remains)
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ogunyemi John:
If possible things are turned othed way round, that women should go out and men should stay in as women to look after home, would it be an easy responsibility?

Share you view and opinion (Biblical saying remains)

But women work na....women go out and work, only very few married women are full time house wives.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by OgunyemiJohn(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
Most of working class women are over 80%dependent on husband for domestic spendings.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ogunyemi John: Most of working class women are over 80%dependent on husband for domestic spendings.

You know this how? Have you gone round to ask this 80% of married women you speak of?
Wives work and spend their money on the house and children abeg, you men should stop making it look like women don't contribute financially in marriages.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
Most men dont rrealise that a lot of times, women spend their money on family upkeep. because frankly, the money you give us is not always enough

4 Likes

Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
honey86: Most men dont rrealise that a lot of times, women spend their money on family upkeep. because frankly, the money you give us is not always enough

Help me tell them. They are not the ones that go shopping for household needs so they don't know how expensive things are.

1 Like

Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by jeffizy(m): 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ladies , you are derailing what could be an entertaining thread for the men.

Oya , out! grin grin

@op... Really i won't think about it for a moment.

They go through a lot of stuffs.

Puberty issues , health issues , relationship issues , marital issues , e.t.c.

List is endless.

Curious to know where they got the tag of "weaker se..x" from.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
I dont like receiving from anyone so i would prefer being a man

1 Like

Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by MMotimo: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ogunyemi John: Most of working class women are over 80%dependent on husband for domestic spendings.

Really? I guess most men must have more money than my husband
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by greatgod2012(f): 3:55am On Apr 19, 2013

and where did you get this your finding/research from
I hate a situation where someone just make annoying post just for the purpose of making post, go to Balogun market and othe notable markets in every town as early as 5:30 -6:30am, and see the number of women that have already started their daily work, also, go to motor parks at that time too and see the same.
Visit banks, schools and other multinational companies and see for yourself if wmen are not working, what about secretariats, are there not women there, are you now saying they all dont assist their husbands to take care of family needs financially or what Apart from all what Jeffizy highlighted, women are also relevant in the financial/domestic obligations of the family.
Your wife or any other woman you know might be totally dependent on you for every domestic/financial obligations of the family, but that your 80% is BULL-Poo.

Get your facts right before coming here to post what is not right.
May God help you.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by OgunyemiJohn(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2013
the (f) here should not get me wrong, women under marrital responsibilities ( not the widows, Ms or Miss) do spend their personally earned money but at a low % on farmily development. They prefer spendind on more personally needed ... things.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by 419forlife: 8:27am On Apr 26, 2013
fellis:

But women work na....women go out and work, only very few married women are full time house wives.

cheesy fellis u dey go out
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ogunyemi John: the (f) here should not get me wrong, women under marrital responsibilities ( not the widows, Ms or Miss) do spend their personally earned money but at a low % on farmily development. They prefer spendind on more personally needed ... things.

What r dose personal needs? Clothes and jewerlies dat u ceased buyin for her a long time ago or what? Abeg no crucify married women! If they don't take care of themselves, wahala,if they do,wahala!u can still use ur money and buy d latest car or wears(abi u no d wear cloth)if using some % out of her hard earned money to luk good is bad,I wonder!abi u want her to empty her account for u so all will be well.let her be! Woman this woman that,still u guys can't stay w'out dem!
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2013
419forlife:

cheesy fellis u dey go out

No.
I am not married
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
What r dose personal needs? Clothes and jewerlies dat u ceased buyin for her a long time ago or what? Abeg no crucify married women! If they don't take care of themselves, wahala,if they do,wahala!u can still use ur money and buy d latest car or wears(abi u no d wear cloth)if using some % out of her hard earned money to luk good is bad,I wonder!abi u want her to empty her account for u so all will be well.let her be! Woman this woman that,still u guys can't stay w'out dem!

I wonder. See the way he said women spend some of their money on personal needs as if men don't also spend their money on personal needs.

It seems I will start ignoring these people sef.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by tpia5: 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
Op is transgender?
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
I love to be a woman.
I don't have to chase for guys.
I can freely let out my feelings and cry without being stigmatized weak.
I don't have to pay a fine for driving too fast when I smile sweetly.
I can get my drinks for free if I want to.
I can put on make up when I have a bad face day.
I don't have the problem called homophobia grin
I don't have to be tall and can be still considered attractive.
I am able to give birth and create a bond with my children even before they are born.
I will always be "supreme" (nneka).
I can live without sex for a very long time and will not consider it a problem.
I don't have to worry about endurance in bed or whether my size satisfies a woman.
I don't have to brag about about the number of my partners to my friends.
I can talk with my friends about everything and don't have to pretend I always am so so strong.
My bank account is not important for others apart from me.
I don't have to pay a dowry.
I can manipulate better if I want to.
I have lots of empathy for other people.
I am multi-tasking.
I can do whatever I want with my hair.
Statistically, I'll live longer.
I can have s.ex even when I'm 70 yrs old, some men are not able to.
Nobody will make me responsible if I don't know how to provide for my Family.

(Please, don't take this list too seriously wink)

1 Like

Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by 419forlife: 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
fellis:

No.
I am not married

why.
u gon go get bad watch.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by ezemoses(m): 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
would dayy carry child for 9 months also? breast feed, wake up when babby cries, clean the home, cook and make sure that the family is respected by outsiders? which question are you asking us?mxm
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
419forlife:
why.
u gon go get bad watch.

Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
tpia@:
Op is transgender?
Geeeeez!!! U r very funny.can't help laughing!
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Enegod(m): 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by dasparrow: 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2013

In Africa, Yes or Maybe

In the advanced western world, no especially because black men in the west don't make as much money as their white counterparts.

Moreover, there are no advantages being a woman in Africa. The whole world knows that except African bred males who live in denial. There are plenty advantages being a man in patriarch Africa even the white folks know that. So it depends on what society one is from and where one was raised: Africa or the west. That will determine whether one will prefer being a woman or a man if one had a choice.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
The truth is if guys would be sincere, they know we ladies go through soooo much stress than them. Forget about the "putting money on the table" thing...y'all know that the wahala attached to being a female is too much and few of you would actually wish you were ladies. Deep down in you, you praise us for being able to go through all those things.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
alutacontinua: The truth is if guys would be sincere, they know we ladies go through soooo much stress than them. Forget about the "putting money on the table" thing...y'all know that the wahala attached to being a female is too much and few of you would actually wish you were ladies. Deep down in you, you praise us for being able to go through all those things.

And after all the suffering and sexism women put up with, some men still have the nerve to refer to them as the weaker sex.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
fellis:

And after all the suffering and sexism women put up with, some men still have the nerve to refer to them as the weaker sex.

I think it's the bible that said that in the first instance! But seriously, maybe we only look at the superficial meaning of that word. We're actually really strong! I guess there's a deep meaning to it.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
alutacontinua:
I think it's the bible that said that in the first instance! But seriously, maybe we only look at the superficial meaning of that word. We're actually really strong! I guess there's a deep meaning to it.

Wait, the bible says women are weaker than men?

I have never come across such a verse.

Anyway, I will not accept that I am weaker than every single man on earth simply because the bible says so. The very idea makes no sense.
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Enegod(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
carefreewannabe: I can have s.ex even when I'm 70 yrs old

Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by 419forlife: 8:21pm On May 03, 2013
fellis:

grin fellis fellis fellis
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 03, 2013
419forlife:

grin fellis fellis fellis
hmm. . . .
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by 419forlife: 10:32pm On May 05, 2013
fellis:
hmm. . . .

grin hmmm. . . is right
Re: Will You Like To Be A Woman? ... Why? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 06, 2013
419forlife:

grin hmmm. . . is right
I see

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tomboy And Effeminate / If Your Brother Is Still Generous To Your Family After Marriage, Thank His Wife’ / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.