Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,141 members, 7,838,896 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

"...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians (2024 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / The End Time Is Come! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
@ alwaystrue
You are on course my sister and it will come in time.

Just continue to desire it as you are doing but never stiffly the spirit when He comes 'cos that can cause serious delay.

Let share this with you maybe it will help. When i just gave my life to Christ and was Praying in the church some day, i was praying in English and all of a sudden some things started welling up in my mouth. I forced myself to stop 'cos i can't imagine myself speaking in tongues in the church (orthodox). As result of this i could not speak in tongues for 3 good years even after seriously desiring it.

My advice to you is that just continue and be sensitive to the spirit, with time it will surely come.

stay blessed
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Alwaystrue(f): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
@Yooguyz and Pastor OLU T,
Thanks. I really appreciate this and what you have said is not new and I know that just as even Paul prayed with other believers and they received the Holy Ghost in

Acts 19:6
And when Paul had imposed his hands on them, the Holy Ghost came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied.

The Holy Ghost will grant my desire.

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by shdemidemi(m): 3:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

But earnestly desire the best gifts.

What then are the best gifts?

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Analyse these verses above with attention to every detail. We would realise tongue is missing in verse 9, thus it has seized and its no more relevant today as Christians.
The best gifts are therefore gift of prophesy/teaching and the gift of knowledge of the word of God.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
shdemidemi: Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Analyse these verses above with attention to every detail. We would realise tongue is missing in verse 9, thus it has seized and its no more relevant today as Christians.
The best gifts are therefore gift of prophesy/teaching and the gift of knowledge of the word of God.

bro when quoting scriptures try quoting them in their context!
Why did you write the bible references?
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by shdemidemi(m): 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yooguyz:
bro when quoting scriptures try quoting them in their context!
Why did you write the bible references?

All the quotes there are from epistles to the Corinthian church and rightly used to the context of the event at that church. Paul was teaching about love and how spiritual gifts are not for self, but for edification of all.Please update yourself with that letter.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

All the quotes there are from epistles to the Corinthian church and rightly used to the context of the event at that church. Paul was teaching about love and how spiritual gifts are not for self, but for edification of all.Please update yourself with that letter.
scripture references please!
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
shdemidemi: Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

If the gift have all ceased, then why are there healing and the rest for there is sure divine healing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even Atheist Fear God / How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? / What Is Wrong With Guys Putting On Earrings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.