Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

The "Errors" In Your Relationship With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "Errors" In Your Relationship With God (554 Views)

Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Stated As Errors & False Teaching From Bible? / 50,000 Errors In The Bible / Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The "Errors" In Your Relationship With God by JESUSISTHEKING(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
"EXODUS 20: 1-5, " And God spoke all these words, saying:

"I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD, WHO BROUGHT YOU OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, OUT OF THE HOUSE OF SLAVERY."- You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God. ( PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE THIS SCRIPTURE WITH EXODUS 34:14)

The above scripture ( Exodus 20: 1-5) indicates things we shouldn't do when in a relationship with God, basically what could lead our relationship with God into an "ERROR".

To make matters simple and less complicated, I would like to contextualise the concept " WORSHIP" under this topic, as this would help us understand the "ERRORS" in our relationship with God. Eventhough this might be a bit long, I urge you to bare with me as I believe this will worth your while.

Now " WORSHIP" is defined as, to "regard with ardent ( strong enthusiasm) or to regard something/ someone with adoring devotion". Now with this in mind let's read Deuteronomy 6:13 which says ,"...And you shall WORSHIP Him and swear by his name". Now this means we should ADORE God, be DEVOTED to Him, and in all things acknowledge Him ( Proverbs 3:6," In all your ways acknowledge Him".)

But the problem begins when we start looking upon ourselves and all that we acquire in our day to day life. You hear a lot of people, even your friends talking about their Accolades, cars, houses, jobs etc, More especially nowadays, if you don't have certain accolades you are regarded somehow as lowly & insignificant. THEN WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT OUR REGARD TO THESE THINGS,i.e Accolades, social status, materials etc ? IT MEANS WE REGARD THEM WITH ADORING ESTEEM OR DEVOTION, meaning we "WORSHIP" them. One would say they are essentialities of life, without them you are nothing. THEN, WHAT ABOUT GOD? WHERE'S HE IN THIS PICTURE? The very same God who said
"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and all things shall be added unto thee"..( Matt 6:33)

Remember Exodus 20:1-5 which concludes by saying ,"...For I the Lord your God am a jealous God

1 JOHN 2:15 ," Do not love the world or the things in the world, if anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him". Now you may argue and say all of these things ( Worldly Possessions ) comes from God, for he created me and thus destined me for Glory. 1 JOHN 2: 16 continues by saying , " For all that is in the world->the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and the pride of life-> is not from the FATHER but is from the world". SO DON'T GET IT TWISTED OR TWIST IT YOURSELF for that would be a self-formulated "ERROR".

So if you say you have a relationship with God and find yourself justifying all that is worldly such as wealth and all its obsessions by saying they are BLESSINGS from the God whom you have a relationship with, then your relationship with him is in "ERROR" and you are headed to destruction, For JAMES 4:4 says ," Anyone who deliberately chooses to love the world is thereby making himself God's enemy".

Please consider the "ERRORS" in your relationship with God and repent off them

ISAIAH 65:11-12 warns us about this, please read it carefully:

"But You Who forsake the Lord, who forget my Holy Mountain, who set a table for fortune and fill cups of mixed wine for destiny. I will destine you to the sword and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter, BECAUSE when I called you did not ANSWER, when I spoke you did not LISTEN, but you did what was evil in my eyes and chose what I did not delight in"

Furthermore It is God who is the saviour, through Him and only Him we can have Eternal Life, Not accolades and worldly possessions nor YOURSELF. So our relationship with HIM strictly requires us to Worship and Serve him ONLY.

Ezekiel 7:19 states ," They cast their silver into the streets, and their GOLD is Like an UNCLEAN THING, Their SILVER and GOLD are NOT able to DELIVER them in the Day of the WRATH of the LORD".

I urge to consider and Keep your relationship with God SACRED for He is a Jealous God, you cannot share him with anything or anyone nor can He be compared to anything or anyone.

May the Good God bless You and grant you Courage in Jesus' Name.

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Share Your Pastor's Message For Todays Sunday Service Here / Our DNA Proves There Was A Scientific Adam / Immediately An Unsaved Person Steps Out Of His Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.