Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" (4199 Views)

Blatant Contradictions In The Bible / Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Stated As Errors & False Teaching From Bible? / 100% Proof Qur'an Is Not The Word Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by dapsycool(m): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2007
No hating in this thread, All i Wanna prove is that the Qur'an is fake and written by some illiterates, Here I start

The name for Jesus in the Qur'an is given as "Issa". Yet this is incorrect. Issa is the Arabic's equivalent of Esau, the name for the twin brother of Jacob. The correct Arabic name for Jesus would be Yesuwa, similar to the Hebrew Yeshuwa, yet the supposedly "all-knowing" Qur'an has no mention of it.
I3v: Mountains
Suras 16 :15 ; 21 :31 ; 31 :10 ; 78 :6-7 ; 88 :19 tell us that God placed (threw down) mountains on the earth like tent pegs to keep the earth from shaking - after the earth was formed. For pre- scientific man this would sound logical, since mountains are large and therefore, their weight would have seemingly, a stabilizing effect on the earth. Yet we now know this logic to be quite inaccurate. Mountains were not formed and placed on the earth to render the earth's crust stable. In fact, the very existence of mountains is evidence of instability in the earth's crust, as they are found and pushed up by the colliding of tectonic plates (i.e. the migration of Arabia toward Iran has resulted in the Zagros range, France pushing against Italy produced the Alps, and the Indian plate nudging Tibet has given us the Himalayas):
[16.15] And He has cast great mountains in the earth lest it might be convulsed with you, and rivers and roads that you may go aright,
[Mountains were not cast in the earth in order to keep it from convulsing, they were formed by the earth's convulsions themselves!!! This verse is not correct.]
[21.31] And We have made great mountains in the earth lest it might be convulsed with them, and We have made in it wide ways that they may follow a right direction.
[Again, the mountains were not created to keep the earth from convulsing, they were created as a result of the earth's convulstions.]
[31.10] He created the heavens without pillars as you see them, and put mountains upon the earth lest it might convulse with you, and He spread in it animals of every kind; and We sent down water from the cloud, then caused to grow therein (vegetation) of every noble kind.
[Again, same point. The origin of mountains is not as it says here. ]
[78.6] Have We not made the earth an even expanse?
[78.7 ] And the mountains as projections (thereon)? [88.19] And the mountains, how they are firmly fixed,
[The earth and mountains are not separate entitities they are part of a system of geology]
I3vi: Alexander the Great
In sura 18 : 83-100 we find the story of Dhu al Qarnayn, who is known as the Greek conqueror, Alexander the Great. According to this sura, his power was given to him by Allah (aya 84), which some Muslims contend is an assertion that he had the same prominence as a prophet. But of even more importance to our discussion is the contention, according to this sura, that he was credited with building an enormous wall of iron and brass between two mountains, which was tall enough and wide enough to keep an entire army out (aya 96).
It is simple to test these claims because Alexander lived in the full light of history. Arrian, Quintus Curtius and other historians of repute have written the history of Alexander's exploits. From their writings we know that Aristotle was his tutor. Yet, these historians equivocally make him out as a heathen general whose debauchery and drunkenness contributed to his untimely death at the early age of 33. They show that he was an idolater, and actually claimed to be the son of the Egyptian god Amun. How, therefore, could he be considered to have the same prominence as a prophet, or even, as aya 84 clearly asserts, that Allah was the agent for his power?
Yet, what is even more troubling, there is no historical evidence anywhere that he built a wall of iron and brass between two mountains, a feat which, indeed, would have proven him to be one of the greatest builders or engineers in the history of mankind.
When we find the Qur'an so inaccurate in regard to Alexander, whose history is well known, we hesitate to accept as valuable or even as reliable the statements of the Qur'an about other matters of past history.
I3vii: Creation
Sura 86 :5-7 tells us that man is created from a gushing fluid that issues from between the loins and the ribs. Therefore, in this sura we find that the semen which creates a child originates from the back or kidney of the male and not the testicles.
I3viii: Pharaoh's Cross
In sura 7 :124 we find Pharoah admonishing his sorcerers because they believe in the superiority of Moses's power over theirs. Pharoah threatens them with cutting off their hands and feet on opposite sides, and then says they will all die on the cross. But their were no crosses in those days. Crucifixion was first practised by the Phoenicians and the Carthaginians and then borrowed extensively by the Romans close to the time of Christ, 1700 years after Pharaoh!
I3ix: Other Scientific problems
a. Sura 16 :66 mentions that cow's milk comes from between the excrement and the blood of the cow's abdomen. What does this mean?
b. In sura 16 :69 we are told that honey, which gives healing, comes out of the bees abdomen. Again, what does it mean that honey comes out of a bees abdomen?
c. sura 6 :38 says that all animals and flying beings form communities, like humans. I would like to ask whether this includes spiders, where in some species the female eats the male after mating has taken place. Is that a community like ours?
d. sura 25 :45-46 maintains that it is the sun which moves to create shadows. Yet, I have always been taught that it was the rotation of the earth which caused shadows to move, while the sun remained quite still (i.e. thus the importance of sundials in earlier days).
e. sura 17 :1 says Muhammad went to the "farthest Mosque" during his journey by night (the Mi'raj), which Muslims explain was the Dome of the Rock mosque, in Jerusalem. But there was no mosque in Jerusalem during the life of Muhammad, and the Dome of the Rock was not built until 690 C.E., by the Amir 'Abd al Malik, a full 58 years after Muhammad's death! There was not even a temple in existence at that time. The temple of Jerusalem had been destroyed by Titus 570 years before this vision. So what was this mosque Muhammad supposedly saw?
I4: Absurdities
There are other errors which are statements or stories which simply make no sense at all, and put into question the integrity of the writer or writers of the Qur'an.
I4i: Man's Greatness
Sura 4 :59 states,"Greater surely than the creation of man is the creation of the heavens and the earth; but most men know it not." This implies that greatness is only measured by size; that the mere vastness of the physical universe make it greater than man, an argument which would make a football of immensely greater value than the largest diamond. Our scripture tells us that Man's greatness lies not in his size, but in his relationship with God, that he is made in God's image, a claim which no other animate or inanimate object can make.
I4ii: Seven Earths
Sura 65 :12 reads, "It is God who hath created seven heavens and as many earths." We would love to know where the other six earths are. If these refer to the planets in our solar system, then they are short by two (and now possibly three).
I4iii: Jinns & Shooting stars:
Meteors, and even stars are said to be missiles fired at eavesdropping Satans and jinn who seek to listen to the reading of the Qur'an in heaven, and then pass on what they hear to men in suras 37 :6-10 ; 55 :33-35 ; 67 :5 ; & 72 :6-9.
How are we to understand these suras? Can we believe indeed that Allah throws meteors, which are made up of carbon dioxide or iron- nickel, at non- material devils who steal a hearing at the heavenly council? And how do we explain the fact that many of earths meteors come in showers which consequently travel in parallel paths. Are we to thus understand that these parallel paths imply that the devils are all lined up in rows at the same moment?
I4iv: Solomon's power over nature:
a. Birds and ants
King Solomon was taught the speech of birds (sura 27 :16 ) and the speech of ants (sura 27 :18-19 ). In his battles, he used birds extensively to drop clay bricks on Abrah's army (sura 105 :3-4 ), and marched them in military parades (sura 27 :17 ). He also used them to bring him messages of powerful queens (sura 27 :20-27).
Note: According to the historical record, Abrah's army was not defeated by bricks dropped on their head. Rather, they withdrew their attack on Mecca after smallpox broke out among the troops (Guillame, Islam, pgs.21ff).
b. Jinn
The Jinn were forced to work for Solomon, making him whatever he pleased, such as palaces, statues, large dishes, and brass fountains (sura 34 :11-13 ). A malignant jinn was even commissioned to bring the Queen of Sheba's throne in the twinkling of an eye (sura 27 :38-44).
c. Wind
The wind was subject to Solomon, travelling a month's journey both in the morning and in the evening (though the wisdom of its timing is somehow lost in translation) (sura 3 :11 ; 21 :81).
d. Ants talk
The ants, upon seeing Solomon and his army arriving in their valley (and by implication recognizing who he was), talk among themselves to flee underground so as not to be crushed (sura 27 :18).
I4 v: Youth and dog sleep 309 years
Sura 18 :9-25 tells the story of some youths (the exact number is debated) and a dog who sleep for 309 years with their eyes open and their ears closed (Note Yusuf Ali's attempts to delineate the exact time period of this story in footnote no.2365, and then concludes that it is merely a parable).
The object of this story is to show Allah's power to keep those who trust in him, including the dog, without food or water for as long as he likes.
I4vi: People become apes
In suras 2 :65-66 and 7 : 163- 167 , Allah turns certain fishing people who break the Jewish sabbath into apes for their disobedience. Had Darwin read the Qur'an, his theory on evolution may have parallelled "Planet of the Apes" rather then the other way around.

2 Likes

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by cgift(m): 10:02am On Oct 29, 2007
@dapsycool,

Its bin proven over and over again that there is so much intellectual laziness in the writing of the quran. The attempt of Mohammad's Allah to present itself as omni-potent being is floored extensively by this bewildering contradictions. I dont know what defence muslim apologists might have for all of these but I know they would also be choking at the moment knowing fully well that the book the rever so much will only make a sound mind sleep.

I expect them to greet you with 101 contradictions in the bible grin

1 Like

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by pilgrim1(f): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2007
@cgift,

I trust your weekend was superb. Me, I just dey kampe! grin

cgift:

I expect them to greet you with 101 contradictions in the bible grin

Only 101? I'm staggered. I hear they've been looking for about "50,000 errors" (Ahmed Deedat et al). grin

Just wait and see the lengthy bloviates the elders of "Masjid" will post to cover up their embarrassments. Olabowale. . . you've a trademark for that! tongue

Anyhow, there are obvious inconsistencies in the career of the Quraish prophet that are far more outlandish than counting errors in the Qura'n.

If Muslim scholars themselves assert that the Qur'an ceases to be the "word of Allah" as soon as it is translated into another language, then what is it worth if it loses its veracity by mere translations? If the muallahs themselves are that inconsistent, do we expect them to hold a consistent position on the Qur'an other than the bloviates we've heard so many times? grin

Regards.
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by dapsycool(m): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2007
And pls don't make me laugh by calling Allah the same God we serve. It's all wrong. Go and compare islam and the ancient sumerian pagan religion and you'll be amazed
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by cgift(m): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@cgift,

I hear they've been looking for about "50,000 errors" (Ahmed Deedat et al). grin

50,000 shocked grin. I pray that God would help them to get as much. But i think in order to get that much they will first condemn the whole verses of Paul's epistles grin
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by pilgrim1(f): 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2007
cgift:

50,000 shocked grin. I pray that God would help them to get as much. But i think in order to get that much they will first condemn the whole verses of Paul's epistles grin

No worries. . . Paul is their public enemy numero uno! grin
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by olabowale(m): 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2007
@Pligrim.1: You give me too much credit. Please I do not want a swollen head.

@dapsycool: When you become a scholar in linguistic Arabic, then write about Qur'an. But for now, you do not have the knowledge. But because I do not want to fall in the statement of pligrim.1, go ask the christian arabs, they will tell you that the grammar of Arabic is based on Qur'an alone and nothing else! It is as if to say that the Brazilian's form of Yoruba is better than the Classical yoruba spoken in Yorubaland! Qur'an even to the makkans of the time it was being revealed, and they were eloquent in speech, they knew it was a high level of their language than what they speak. Hence, in time it was the standard of their language. A proof of that is that the Christians and the Jews among the arabs, though did not accept islam, use, to this day, Qur'anic Arabic known as Fusat, as the standard for which they write their holy books. Since you are indoudt, then make your research in the usage of Arabic words. For example in Yoruba language Orun, means many things, Sun, wrinkle, smell, midnight/dleep, etc. To a non Yoruba speaker it will not mean that many. So say what you know. There are many tapes and videos that will help you in your quest for knowledge. There are books, to do that, too.

The 50,000 errors was a book writen by a christian sect. Ahmad Deedat (ra), had nothing to do with it. He only used the materials available to argue his case and not fabricated stuffs, like the other party!

Futher, my man, do not forget that God Almighty gave knowledge of the future to his messengers, where appropriate. So Muhammad was able to speak about Masjis Aqsa, which later was built anyway. You must remember that the site was always there, even though the building was not then yet buit, according to you. This alone will let you know that he received prophethood. And by the way, masjis aqsa is different from the dome of the rock. They are in the same revered complex. Just to let you know, because your trick will not wash with me and others on nairaland.

You have been going to your dubious website to drag out stuff. Well, you have to go to the truth to find the truth. Let me just talk about Milk for a moment. Well the production of milk only occurs in grown/matured female species, for our argument. So we take the cow to illustrate this. Tell me , is it that from the intake of the food eaten by the cow, that you have nutrients, which in turn transported to various organs and cells, for growth, well being and production of milk, enrichment and production of blood and cells and the non nutrient part is passed out as waste?

@Pligrim.1. I sent you a message.
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by pilgrim1(f): 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Pligrim.1: You give me too much credit. Please I do not want a swollen head.

Don't worry - a swollen head is not heavy to carry. . so long as it's sitting on your own neck! grin

Anyhow. . .

olabowale:

@dapsycool: When you become a scholar in linguistic Arabic, then write about Qur'an. But for now, you do not have the knowledge. But because I do not want to fall in the statement of pligrim.1, go ask the christian arabs, they will tell you that the grammar of Arabic is based on Qur'an alone and nothing else! It is as if to say that the Brazilian's form of Yoruba is better than the Classical yoruba spoken in Yorubaland! Qur'an even to the makkans of the time it was being revealed, and they were eloquent in speech, they knew it was a high level of their language than what they speak. Hence, in time it was the standard of their language. A proof of that is that the Christians and the Jews among the arabs, though did not accept islam, use, to this day, Qur'anic Arabic known as Fusat, as the standard for which they write their holy books. Since you are indoudt, then make your research in the usage of Arabic words. For example in Yoruba language Orun, means many things, Sun, wrinkle, smell, midnight/dleep, etc. To a non Yoruba speaker it will not mean that many. So say what you know. There are many tapes and videos that will help you in your quest for knowledge. There are books, to do that, too.

There's just one thing I would like to remind you here:

"The Arabic name for Jesus used by Christians, Yasū‘, derives from Yeshua.
However, the Qur'an and other Muslim sources instead use a traditional
Islamic title عيسى `Īsā, which can be transliterated as עִישָׂי (the ya is silent)
and is similar to the Arabic form عيسو, Isu, of עֵשָׂו ‘Esaw, that is, the biblical
patriarch Esau.

Some Islamic scholars argue that it derives from the original Syriac Aramaic
name Isho‘. However, the Aramaic has the letter ‘Ayin only at the end,
whereas the Arabic has its equivalent letter ‘Ayn only at the beginning.
This metathesis of the Aramaic ‘Ayin is improbable linguistically.

Other Islamic scholars accept that the Quranic name is a cognate of Esau
and not of Yeshua."

Source: Wikipedia on the name Yeshua

olabowale:

The 50,000 errors was a book writen by a christian sect. Ahmad Deedat (ra), had nothing to do with it. He only used the materials available to argue his case and not fabricated stuffs, like the other party!

Of course, the Christian sect was the Jehovah Witnesses (1975). The problem with Ahmed Deedat is that he chanced on that material to discredit Christianity - which is quite a pity, as not many people know the fact that the JW sect is a departure from Biblical Christianity! grin

It is just the same if someone tried to use the skeptic debates of Ali Sina to bleach Islam of its dross. Would that be a fair deal to you, sir? Of course, Ali Sina has very good points that continues to be such an embarrassment to Muslim apologists - and even the errand boy of Deedat in the person of Dr. Naik Zakir seems to think that Ali Sina is a nightmare to the Islamic world!

Did anyone let you know these things, or you chose to coveniently look the other way?

olabowale:

You have been going to your dubious website to drag out stuff. Well, you have to go to the truth to find the truth.

Sadly, this is the very thing that I've been asking Muslims to refrain from: quit whinging when thi is the very thing Muslims OFTEN do!

olabowale:

Let me just talk about Milk for a moment. Well the production of milk only occurs in grown/matured female species, for our argument. So we take the cow to illustrate this. Tell me , is it that from the intake of the food eaten by the cow, that you have nutrients, which in turn transported to various organs and cells, for growth, well being and production of milk, enrichment and production of blood and cells and the non nutrient part is passed out as waste?

And how does "a Cow eating grass" illustrate any intellectual discourse on the subject matter? undecided

olabowale:

@Pligrim.1. I sent you a message.

Okay. , will check it when I get home (can't access my personal email from my office PC).

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by dapsycool(m): 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2007
Olabowale I like you so i'll advise u to be careful with what you worship.
You didn't give me a very good point to convince me about the questions raised earlier.
Anyway more questions.
Do you know the origin or the word "Allah"?
What does Allah mean from your own knowledge?
What does the moon sign mean?
If you agree with me that moon worship has been practised in Arabia B4 Mohammed, doesn't the crescent sign ring a bell?
If indeed Mohammed came to perfect the Bible, why would God create a kinda demeanour that involves war, killing, many wives around the perfector. That makes no logical sense.
Why do they throw stones in Mecca? To the devil? If so, that's the dumbest thing any literate person should believe.
I still have over a thousand questions from the Qur'an, Haddith, but no rushing brother,even if you don't answer my questions, i'll keep updating this thread to inform the misinformed.
Ya'll should read about the Moon God, the Sumerian pagans, the Ka.ba in Mecca, the ways of Mohammed himself, the attitudes of the Arabians(most are heartless devils), the Aboki's in Nigeria(Human life is like that of a chicken to them, especially if u insult their g / G od). It's also funny to hear "god(definately not God) is the greatest , when they are about to kill human beings. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2007
@poster
The Quran is not a Holy Book where you just pull out a verse and get the actual meaning
All these you justed posted out as been clearly clarified if you read through the preceeding verses.
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2007
dapsycool:

e. sura 17 :1 says Muhammad went to the "farthest Mosque" during his journey by night (the Mi'raj), which Muslims explain was the Dome of the Rock mosque, in Jerusalem. But there was no mosque in Jerusalem during the life of Muhammad, and the Dome of the Rock was not built until 690 C.E., by the Amir 'Abd al Malik, a full 58 years after Muhammad's death! There was not even a temple in existence at that time. The temple of Jerusalem had been destroyed by Titus 570 years before this vision. So what was this mosque Muhammad supposedly saw?

I have been singing this tune for yrs and no one has cared to listen. Thank God someone else has pointed out the illogicality in this fairy tale.

Muslims claim the al aksa mosque in Jerusalem as Islam's "third holiest" site based on the clearly false story of Mohammed's ascension from that spot. Mohammed describes the doors of the temple . . . but we all know from history that there was no temple there at all centuries before Mohammed was born.

Brings us back to Dapsycool's questions . . . what was this temple Mohammed claimed to have seen?

Hypocrites like Olabowale would do well to answer this questions rather than foaming in the mouth about people "attacking" islam. You dont need to attack islam, its many lies, illogicalities and blatant revisionist history exposes its fraudulent nature already.

Yeah right! Mountains were "thrown down as tent pegs to hold down the earth". No wonder scientists are laughing at us.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2007
olabowale:

Futher, my man, do not forget that God Almighty gave knowledge of the future to his messengers, where appropriate. So Muhammad was able to speak about Masjis Aqsa, which later was built anyway. You must remember that the site was always there, even though the building was not then yet buit, according to you. This alone will let you know that he received prophethood. And by the way, masjis aqsa is different from the dome of the rock. They are in the same revered complex. Just to let you know, because your trick will not wash with me and others on nairaland.

Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0309:

It is narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: I was brought al-Buraq Who is an animal white and long, larger than a donkey but smaller than a mule, who would place his hoof a distance equal to the range of version. I mounted it and came to the Temple (Bait Maqdis in Jerusalem), then tethered it to the ring used by the prophets. I entered the mosque and prayed two rak'ahs in it, and then came out and Gabriel brought me a vessel of wine and a vessel of milk. I chose the milk, and Gabriel said: You have chosen the natural thing. Then he took me to heaven ,

Look at the above narration! First Muhammad claims to have come to the TEMPLE, next he enters the MOSQUE to pray in it!! Clearly he talks of two buildings AT THE SAME SPOT!

Olabowale, let us assume that indeed what mohammed was describing here was a foreknowledge of what was going to happen given to him by allah, did allah mean to say that both a jewish temple and a mosque would be standing on the SAME SPOT at some time in the future?
How could allah have been giving mohammed "foreknowledge" of a temple that had long ceased to exist? What "ring used by the prophets" did mohammed use to tether his donkey?
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2007
mdsocks:

@poster
The Quran is not a Holy Book where you just pull out a verse and get the actual meaning
All these you justed posted out as been clearly clarified if you read through the preceeding verses.

Care to show us "preceeding verses" that clarify this glaring errors?
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by olabowale(m): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2007
@davidylan: Temple, is the english word for where the children of Israel worship. Some call it synagogue. Please tell us the name in aramaic when God told Moses to gather the children of Israel for worship. It does not even matter, anyhow, in the sense thata play of worship of those who declare that God is One is masjid, in Arabic language. In yoruba language it is moshalashi, and other languages say it differently.

It will not be too difficult for a mature mind, also, to accept that a piece of land can have one particular structure on it right now and it is called by a name, where by in the future a different structure is built on the same site, having the same function as the old structure, yet has a differnt name, because of different situation, eg language. Masjid is an arabic word. In english they say mosque. Where is the problem? Dave, please understand, that what is standing on that site right now is masjid Aqsa. Where is the confusion?
In the surah of Isra or children of Israel, it was stated as Masjid Aqsa, not dome of the rock. dave, be sincere! Biko, ol boy! Haba.

David, if you can speak the truth, there is no need engaging in blind argument. The first verse of the chapter said masjid Aqsa and not dome of the rock!
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by olabowale(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2007
@davidylan: All you need to do to know that masjid Aqsa is different from the dome of the rock is to google and type thee name of each structure; eg, Aqsa mosque in Jesusalem, then after you learn about this special structure, type the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. You will come to know that they are different from one another. Dome of the rock was not mentioned in the Qur'an, whereas Masjid Aqsa is mentioned.

The non Muslims will want to pass on Dome of the rock to the Muslims as masjid Aqsa. We know your trick. We will not fall for an okey doke like that! Nice try dave!
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2007
alhaji olabowale, you are making plenty of noise. I did not mention "dome of the rock" in all my writings.
Muhammad claimed to have seen the TEMPLE in Jerusalem and even counted the number of doors there. How did he do this siince the temple was destroyed in AD 70 and has never been rebuilt since.

olabowale:

@davidylan: Temple, is the english word for where the children of Israel worship. Some call it synagogue. Please tell us the name in aramaic when God told Moses to gather the children of Israel for worship. It does not even matter, anyhow, in the sense thata play of worship of those who declare that God is One is masjid, in Arabic language. In yoruba language it is moshalashi, and other languages say it differently.

Sir Olabowale you lie! Read the bible if you have one. The children of Isreal made clear delineations between the temple and the synagogue. The temple was where the Holy of Holies was placed and where the ark of the Lord was laid. It was in the temple that the priest went once a yr to provide a sarifice for the sins of Isreal. It was in the temple that the priest went up to listen to what God had to say to His children.

All these did not take place in the synagogue. There were synagogues in existence during the time of Jesus Christ and yet the temple was also in existence. They were two different things. Your attempt to make them the same in order to provide an alibi for mohammed doesnt wash.

You only succeed in exhibiting more ignorance.

The temple was never just a place for worship, it was where God Himself dwelt in the form of the ark and the mercy seat. After His death on the cross, the temple veil parted and Christ no longer dwells in temples made with hands but in the temple of our bodies.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by hafees: 11:04am On Oct 30, 2007
i think the person who started this trend is not only sick but lacks knowlege of what he or she is trying to proove. foor one many of the quotations are wrong and placed in such conditions to support claims. try to understand your presentations before presenting them to people. everything the persons has written is illogical
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2007
hafees:

i think the person who started this trend is not only sick but lacks knowlege of what he or she is trying to proove. foor one many of the quotations are wrong and placed in such conditions to support claims. try to understand your presentations before presenting them to people. everything the persons has written is illogical

This is an indictment of the quran itself and not the thread author.
Again you come here blabbing about the thread author being "sick" and "lacking knowledge of what he is trying to prove". errr sir, how about you help us out with disproving JUST ONE of the many points raised by the thread author rather than hiding under the oh so predictable "try to understand . . ."

What temple did Mohammed see in Jerusalem when he went on his mythical journey?

Is it true that the mountains were thrown down to earth to serve as tent pegs?

Just explain these two and it sufficeth us! Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2007
lol muslims never cease to amaze me.
Quote the illogicality in the quran and they tell you SHOW ME THE HADITH TO CONFIRM THAT VERSE.
quote the hadith and they tell you THAT IS A FAKE HADITH (while they use that same hadith to prove something else!)
Prove that the hadith is authentic and the next thing is THE QUOTATIONS ARE WRONG
Show them the real quotation and you hear YOU ARE QUOTING IT OUT OF CONTEXT
Quote the entire hadith and the next thing is THE THREAD AUTHOR IS SICK, GO AND LEARN, SHOW LOVE, DONT JUDGE!

2 Likes

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by soldjaboi: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2007
To davidylan:

You quote an Hadith and think its supposed to be a lie, just because you think so,
That definitely shows how low you are intellectually. That particular temple is a mosque, I hope you realize that. You all go out and say whatever but that day shall come where you will wish you had been on the path of truth, its better you look back now and start to really reason rather come out here and show your lousiness. and there were mosques in Jerusalem, thats for you to know not argue.
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by uchetracy: 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2007
am a nuetral person here and will really need to know the truth.all our muslim brothers and sisters are saying is that david is wrong.please just one person show where he has erred and no one ha scome up with nothing just that he is attacking islam
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2007
soldjaboi:

To davidylan:

You quote an Hadith and think its supposed to be a lie, just because you think so,
That definitely shows how low you are intellectually. That particular temple is a mosque, I hope you realize that. You all go out and say whatever but that day shall come where you will wish you had been on the path of truth, its better you look back now and start to really reason rather come out here and show your lousiness. and there were mosques in Jerusalem, thats for you to know not argue.

How long are we going to be dribbled around by mohammed's foot soldiers? Did i write the hadith? Mohammed said he tethered his horse to the rings used by the prophets (obviously refering to the biblical prophets). He told us he could count the doors of the TEMPLE not a MOSQUE!

Even if we assume that mohammed meant to say a mosque and not a temple, WHAT MOSQUE WAS BUILT ON THAT SITE DURING MOHAMMED'S TIME? Even the Al Aqsa mosque was not built well until mohammed died!
There were no muslims before mohammed, who then built this mysterious mosque in JERUSALEM?

Your contribution, rather than purporting to show how "intellectually low" i am actually portrays you as myopic and uncertain of the very quran and hadiths you hold.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by TheClown: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
No be small thing oh
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by omobadan(m): 1:41am On Oct 06, 2010
I'm a neutral too o! But I think both the Bible and the Quran are inconsistent!
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by nopuqeater: 2:35am On Oct 06, 2010
Whats a mosque, as regarding Masjid Aqsa? Mosque, according to the statement of Prophet Muhammad (AS) when he spoke to the man who urinated, is a place for Making Salah, Reading Quran and Remembrance of Allah; All that Allah allowed.

Does it have to have a wall, a roof, a door, etc? No. It is must be a clean ground, no filth, no blood, not a burial place, etc.

So in essence it is the land that is Masjid. This Id, we had our Id prayer in the neighborhood park. There was no wall. No "nothing". We just faced the Qiblah, and prayed.

Now about Masjid Aqsa as Quran mentioned it in Surah Isra. Who ever thought the Quran was wrong shoud consider this; did the Jew bopped their heads in that wall then, or outside it? Any taker? NOw they are bopping their heads on the outside wall. If their duties to Yahweh is correct as they do it now, what was done inside the building then must not be this. If it was this, then the Jews have gone astray, now.

I saw some Jewish sects standing, bowing and prostrating their faces in prayers. They wash up too. You would have thought that they were muslims. The group called Jews for Islam, is using this type of Youtube Videos to show that Islamic prayer is what allprophets, including Moses, etc did to worship God, Whose real Name is not Yahweh, Jehovah, etc (research it; google whats the real name of Jewish God, that the Jews dont know how to pronounce?).

Lets jump to today's period of Masjid Aqsa: If you disbelieve Quran for a blunder then, when it was first revealed, what about now? Whats on that place but a mosque named Aqsa. At least take it as a prediction then that is fufilled even now in your time.

Jesus said he will be hear 2000 years ago. All the people he promised have since died. HE has not returned as he promised from the Bible. Isa is different from Esau, the brother of jacob (thats is his name, aint it?). Its interesting that he hasnt returned and you are question a thing that you are seeing right now as not correct? Na wa for 9ja christendom.
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by vedaxcool(m): 7:58am On Oct 06, 2010
dapsycool:

I3v: Mountains
Suras 16 :15 ; 21 :31 ; 31 :10 ; 78 :6-7 ; 88 :19 tell us that God placed (threw down) mountains on the earth like tent pegs to keep the earth from shaking - after the earth was formed. For pre- scientific man this would sound logical, since mountains are large and therefore, their weight would have seemingly, a stabilizing effect on the earth. Yet we now know this logic to be quite inaccurate. Mountains were not formed and placed on the earth to render the earth's crust stable. In fact, the very existence of mountains is evidence of instability in the earth's crust---> where duid the Qur'an says there is no such thing as instability in the earth crust?, as they are found and pushed up by the colliding of tectonic plates (i.e. the migration of Arabia toward Iran has resulted in the Zagros range, France pushing against Italy produced the Alps, and the Indian plate nudging Tibet has given us the Himalayas):

Now you are a pathetic Liar, point to us where in the Qur'an it says mountain where " thrown" down on the earth like Pegs? it says "placed" furthermore from all indication you are merely stating your views as there is no Geological book that surpport your hypothesis: your wrote their existence is an evidence of the earth instability, it seems Lies has left you with little understanding of english, the Qur'an alludes to the fact that the earth is unstable. yet your arguement is saying mountain exist due to instability of the earth meaning mountain form due to the fact that the earth crust is trying to stabilize hence when two tectonic plates meet it the heavier plate goes downwards and the lighter plate goes up making the mountain to form this itself ensures that the earth crust are no longer coliding as the two meet. note that there are Geological text that surpport the fact that mountains bring stability to the earth.

[16.15] And He has cast great mountains in the earth lest it might be convulsed with you, and rivers and roads that you may go aright,
[Mountains were not cast in the earth in order to keep it from convulsing, they were formed by the earth's convulsions themselves!!! This verse is not correct.]
Imagine if the convulsing was occurring while you were standing on the earth suface
the real verse016.015
YUSUFALI: And He has set up on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and rivers and roads; that ye may guide yourselves;
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by vedaxcool(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2010
The final major type of fault is the strike-slip or transform fault. These faults are vertical in nature and are produced where the stresses are exerted parallel to each other (Figure 13). A well-known example of this type of fault is the San Andreas Fault in California.

Folds and faults have an economic importance. Anticlines and horsts are good sites for oil accumulation forming oil reservoirs whereas synclines and grabens are suitable for water accumulation forming aquifers or groundwater basins.

Faults represent a weak zone so they should be avoided or put in mind in any civil constructions. Also, faults as a weak zone are suitable for upward leakage of either lava forming sills or dykes or groundwater forming springs.

Folding and faulting reflect the effect of the internal energy of the earth. Consequently, the criteria of folding and faulting represent a kind of eath's ability for stability.

Further Reading

http://www.eoearth.org/article/Folding_and_faulting_in_the_Earth's_crust
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by vedaxcool(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2010
[31.10] He created the heavens without pillars as you see them, and put mountains upon the earth lest it might convulse with you, and He spread in it animals of every kind; and We sent down water from the cloud, then caused to grow therein (vegetation) of every noble kind.
[Again, same point. The origin of mountains is not as it says here. ]
[78.6] Have We not made the earth an even expanse?
[78.7 ] And the mountains as projections (thereon)? [88.19] And the mountains, how they are firmly fixed,
[The earth and mountains are not separate entitities they are part of a system of geology]

YUSUFALI: He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs. 078.006
YUSUFALI: Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse,
PICKTHAL: Have We not made the earth an expanse,
SHAKIR: Have We not made the earth an even expanse?

YUSUFALI: And the mountains as pegs?
PICKTHAL: And the high hills bulwarks?

SHAKIR: And the mountains as projections (thereon)?
The word 'awtad' means stakes or pegs (like those used to anchor a tent); they are the deep foundations of geological folds. A book named 'Earth' is considered as a basic reference textbook on geology in many universities around the world. One of the authors of this book is Frank Press, who was the President of the Academy of Sciences in the USA for 12 years and was the Scientific Advisor to former US President Jimmy Carter. In this book he illustrates the mountain in a wdge-shape and the mountain itself as a small part of the whole, whose root is deeply entrenched in the ground. {Earth, Press and Siever, p.435. Also see Earth Science, Tarbuck and Lutgens, p. 157} According to Dr. Press, the mountains play an important role in stabilizing the crust of the earth. The QUR'AN clearly mentions the function of the mountains in preventing the earth from shaking:

"And WE have set on the earth Mountains standing firm, Lest it should shake with them."

[AL-QUR'AN 21:31]

The Qur'anic descriptions are in perfect agreement with modern geological data.

MOUNTAINS FIRMLY FIXED

The surface of the earth is broken into many rigid plates that are about 100 km in thickness. These plates float on a partially molten region called aesthenosphere.

Mountain formations occur at the boumdary of the plates. The earth's crust is 5 km below oceans, about 35 km thick below flat continental surfaces and almost 80 km thick below great mountain ranges. These are the strong foundations on which mountains stand. The QUR'AN also speaks about the strong mountain foundations in the following verse:

"And the mountains Hath HE firmly fixed."

[AL-QUR'AN 79:32]
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Oct 06, 2010
@Op

I3vi: Alexander the Great
In sura 18 : 83-100 we find the story of Dhu al Qarnayn, who is known as the Greek conqueror, Alexander the Great. According to this sura, his power was given to him by Allah (aya 84), which some Muslims contend is an assertion that he had the same prominence as a prophet. But of even more importance to our discussion is the contention, according to this sura, that he was credited with building an enormous wall of iron and brass between two mountains, which was tall enough and wide enough to keep an entire army out (aya 96).
It is simple to test these claims because Alexander lived in the full light of history. Arrian, Quintus Curtius and other historians of repute have written the history of Alexander's exploits. From their writings we know that Aristotle was his tutor. Yet, these historians equivocally make him out as a heathen general whose debauchery and drunkenness contributed to his untimely death at the early age of 33. They show that he was an idolater, and actually claimed to be the son of the Egyptian god Amun. How, therefore, could he be considered to have the same prominence as a prophet, or even, as aya 84 clearly asserts, that Allah was the agent for his power?
Yet, what is even more troubling, there is no historical evidence anywhere that he built a wall of iron and brass between two mountains, a feat which, indeed, would have proven him to be one of the greatest builders or engineers in the history of mankind.
When we find the Qur'an so inaccurate in regard to Alexander, whose history is well known, we hesitate to accept as valuable or even as reliable the statements of the Qur'an about other matters of past history.
I3vii: Creation

Nowhere does the Qur'an says ALEXANDER THE GREAT IS DdHUL QARN IAN in faact some Muslims assume him to be Darius not Alexander, as thlike you have said some Muslim Just as Christian believe that the earh was creeated in six days? You can feel free to argue with the "some" muslims that feel that way.
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by vedaxcool(m): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2010
Sura 86 :5-7 tells us that man is created from a gushing fluid that issues from between the loins and the ribs. Therefore, in this sura we find that the semen which creates a child originates from the back or kidney of the male and not the testicles

Now you are very Ignoprant as only 2% of the semen is produced in the testicles read further:
The vas deferens is the dilated continuation of the epididymis. The vas deferens travels out of the scrotum and into the abdomen (gut cavity) through the inguinal canal. Once in the abdomen, the vas deferens passes behind the urinary bladder and expands to form an ampulla (expanded end part). Each ampulla joins with a seminal vesicle (an accessory gland) to form an ejaculatory duct. The vas deferens is the main sperm carrier. Its walls contain three layers of smooth muscle innervated by sympathetic nerves. Stimulation of these nerves propels sperm into the ejaculatory ducts. Here, the ampulla of the vas deferens and seminal vesicles meet and secretions from the seminal vesicles and sperm are stored. From this junction, the ejaculatory ducts pass through the prostate gland, where they receive more secretions, then join with the single urethra (tube through which sperm and urine pass out of body).

The urethra is the final section of the duct system. It passes from the urinary bladder and the ends of the ejaculatory ducts through the prostate gland and into the penis. The urethra receives secretions from the ejaculatory ducts, the prostate gland, and the bulbourethral glands (accessory glands). The urethra carries sperm through the penis during intercourse; during urination, urine passes through it. The urethra cannot execute both functions simultaneously. During ejaculation, a muscular sphincter (ring of muscle) closes off the bladder.

http://www.besthealth.com/besthealth/bodyguide/reftext/html/repr_sys_fin.html
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by vedaxcool(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2010
@OP
b. In sura 16 :69 we are told that honey, which gives healing, comes out of the bees abdomen. Again, what does it mean that honey comes out of a bees abdomen?

since you are wantomly ignorant here is how Honey is porduced:

The foraging bees regurgitate the nectar and pass it to worker bees in the hive. These bees then gradually transform the nectar into honey by evaporating most of the water from it. Nectar is as much as 70 percent water, while honey is only about 20 percent water. Bees get rid of the extra water by swallowing and regurgitating the nectar over and over. They also fan their wings over the filled cells of the honeycomb. This process retains lots of sugar and the plant's aromatic oils while adding enzymes from the bees' mouths.

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/insects/bee6.htm
Re: Blatant Errors In The "perfect Qur'an" by kolaoloye(m): 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kudos to Alhaji Olabowale and prophet David.Keep up the good works.

omobadan:

I'm a neutral too o! But I think both the Bible and the Quran are inconsistent!
Well said because Jehovah did not write any of them.
God is too perfect to have inspired people to write anything anyhow but don't forget that
JESUS is LORD,no controversy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Churches Survive Without Offerings Or Tithes? / Facts About Celestial Church Of Christ / Forbes 2018 Richest Pastors In Delta State And Their Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.