Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! (1160 Views)

Fibriod Cure With Natural Treatment / Fibriod / Life After Fibriod Surgery (lafs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by Barkang: 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
I have never been to a gynaecologist, though I should have but I hardly have issues. Besides im always scare of anyting relating to hospital. Lately i noticed I had prolonged period for like 2 times now. I decided to see the doctor, even though Im not always comfortable with them, after examning me , she asked me to go for a scan which I did. Then she told me i have fibriod, i couldnt believe my ears. She said i should see a gynee. Now im so scared & disturbed to listen to any further problems. The doctor said I ll have to undergo surgery..O God! I dont even have a baby yet. What do I do? am really scared.
Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by safe06: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
@barka,fibroid Ȋ̝̊̅§ not a death sentence,at least u know what's the reason behind Ʊя unusually long periods and I guess pains too. Do as the earlier doctor told U̶̲̅,go see a gynae,some fibroids don't disturb fertility,depends on the location anyway. I ll advice u do plenty of research before succumbing to surgery. Please don't let this freak u out,visit the doctors and be good. Its well with u by God's grace. Amin.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by Barkang: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ safe06,tnx a lot for d advice. yes i have been reading a lot on the subject. just that is very shoking to me.
Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by greatgod2012(f): 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
@op, there is nothing to be scared of, recently, my friend's sister was diagonised of the same thing and shes done with her surgery, and she hasnt got baby yet too, sometimes, it happens like that, the Lord will be with you, the earlier you get the fibroid removed, the better for you, dont panic, the Lord is in control. It is well.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by ryom(m): 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2013
@op, nothing to worry about, fibroids (medical term -leiomyoma uteri) is particularly common among black women especially when having children is delayed. Old saying in med school if the uterus doesn't bear a foetus it will fibroids. The best 'cure' is to have kids but if you are not ready then various modalities available. Abroad they can do ablation but I don't know if that is available in Nigeria yet. If you do proceed with surgery, I will advise a teaching hospital. All the best!
Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by Lagusta(m): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2013
ryom: @op, nothing to worry about, fibroids (medical term -leiomyoma uteri) is particularly common among black women especially when having children is delayed. Old saying in med school if the uterus doesn't bear a foetus it will fibroids. The best 'cure' is to have kids but if you are not ready then various modalities available. Abroad they can do ablation but I don't know if that is available in Nigeria yet. If you do proceed with surgery, I will advise a teaching hospital. All the best!

i concur...

The only place you can have a myomectomy is in a teaching hospital, not a private centre ooo...

But dont worry, all is well, like someone else said, its not a death sentence and after the surgery, you can go ahead with your normal life, get married and have beautiful kids!!!!
Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by Pink22(f): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2013
My dear just as Safe06 said go see ur gynea to check the location and size, this will acertain if it actually needs surgery and if it can affect fertility . They are also ways of shrinking them though
Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by Barkang: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
But why is it common only with african & asian women. Why not with white women. ddnt we have the same body organ?
Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by Lagusta(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
Barka.ng:
But why is it common only with african & asian women. Why not with white women. ddnt we have the same body organ?

thats how God does His wonders!!!

Fibroid is common among blacks, hydatidiform mole is common among asians, and alzheimer's disease is common among whites!!!

Thats life for you
Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by Barkang: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hmmmm, God is really wonderful.

Thank u all you all for your contribution.

I have also read some old posts on d topic, & some ppl suggested herbs are effective.

quote author=Lagusta]

thats how God does His wonders!!!

Fibroid is common among blacks, hydatidiform mole is common among asians, and alzheimer's disease is common among whites!!!

Thats life for you[/quote]
Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by rodgermetty(m): 5:39am On Sep 07, 2020
Barkang:
I have never been to a gynaecologist, though I should have but I hardly have issues. Besides im always scare of anyting relating to hospital. Lately i noticed I had prolonged period for like 2 times now. I decided to see the doctor, even though Im not always comfortable with them, after examning me , she asked me to go for a scan which I did. Then she told me i have fibriod, i couldnt believe my ears. She said i should see a gynee. Now im so scared & disturbed to listen to any further problems. The doctor said I ll have to undergo surgery..O God! I dont even have a baby yet. What do I do? am really scared.

You dont need to be scared, here is how to use amazing herb black seed oil to make it a past tense.

You can see over 100 reviews here on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/6084639/amazing-herbs-black-seed-oil/

Amazing Herbs black seed oil will restore everything to default.

Re: I Have Just Been Told That I Have Fibriod. Is Freaking Me Out! by rodgermetty(m): 5:43am On Sep 07, 2020
Cont'd

(1) (Reply)

10,000 Times Killer Of Cancer Than Chemo-therapy / Tooth Ache / Medical Profession Is Not Beingregulated By Anyone —NMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.