Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. (613 Views)

Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Recent Road Accidents Serve Them Right – Balarabe Musa / Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 20, 2013
The All Progressives Congress says it will probe how various administrations from 2000 to 2013 managed the nation's oil revenue. The APC, which was formed by three main opposition parties, the Action Congress of Nigeria, the Congress for Progressive Change, the All Nigeria Peoples Party, and a faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, stated this in its manifesto obtained by our correspondent in Abuja on Friday. In the manifesto, the party said it would pursue an eight- cardinal programme, including war against corruption, food security, accelerated power supply, integrated transport network, free education, devolution of power, accelerated economic growth and affordable health care. On the war against corruption, it said, "We shall negotiate oil deals, unveil the secrecy surrounding the ownership of 49 per cent of the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas, query the over N50tn oil revenue which accrued to the Federation Account between 2000 and 2013 and recover billions of US dollars which Ministries, Departments and Agencies failed to remit to the Federation Account." The Peoples Democratic Party administrations of Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Yar'Adua and Goodluck Jonathan, have been ruling the country since 1999. The APC also promised to strengthen the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission and make them independent. The party said it would review public service rules and financial regulations, which encourage impropriety in public finances. The APC stated that it would move for the removal of the immunity clause in the constitution, which protects the President, vice-president, governors and deputy governors from prosecution while in office. It said, "APC in government shall muster the political will to wage strident war against corruption; otherwise, our post-oil economy will be disastrous. "It is our considered view that none of our cardinal programmes will succeed if the
current level of corruption and looting going on in the land is allowed to continue. "We shall plug all leakages which accelerate monumental corruption, recover looted funds, cap and trim unwarranted allowances to public office holders." The APC said it had adopted for its manifesto some recommendations of the defunct Electoral Reform Committee, known as Muhammadu Uwais Panel, set up by the late President Umaru Yar'Adua. The recommendations that will be adopted include "making the appointment of the chairman and top officials of the National and State Electoral Commissions public" and that the "Burden of Proof shall rest on the Electoral Commissioners." On the power sector, the APC said it would pursue the expansion of electricity generation and distribution of up to 40,000 megawatts in the four to eight years of its administration. The APC said it would encourage an amendment of the constitution with a view to decentralising the police and expanding local content. source. http://www.punchng.com/news/manifesto-apc-to-probe-obasanjo-jonathan-over-oil-revenue/
Re: APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by omicron(m): 8:00am On Apr 20, 2013
They are all the same.

1 Like

Re: APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by nairawall: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2013
The probe into the OBJ and GEJ government and ministries will produce enough money to fund the nation electricity generation capacity to over 40,000 Megawatts.

My main issue with the APC is that thesame set of people who wreck havoc on the Nigeria economy are the key drivers of APC.
Re: APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 20, 2013
some people are saying they want a change but my question is are these people in APC can fulfill their promises to nigerians?
Re: APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by Lusola15: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2013
If dey decide to prode corrupt all officals den dey will neva get to power
Just think of d list
NNPC officals
CBN officals
NPA officals
Custom officals
NPF officals
The list is endless
U think all dis pple will not do anytin to stay in office
Re: APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 20, 2013
Lusola15: If dey decide to prode corrupt all officals den dey will neva get to power
Just think of d list
NNPC officals
CBN officals
NPA officals
Custom officals
NPF officals
The list is endless
U think all dis pple will not do anytin to stay in office
. The only thing i think they can do is to let go the past government and do their fresh government.
Re: APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by djon78(m): 9:37am On Apr 20, 2013
If they are honest about all these reforms then they wll start from themselves, people like tinubu, ikimi, okorocha, and so many others in there midst should be brought to justice first before they can now come and cleanse nigeria, you cannot be sick and claim u have a cure when u have not first cured urself. The only men with a bit integrity in that Apc are Buhari, Oshiomole, Ribadu, Fashola but other deeply and corrupt indiividuals in the group has defiled the integrity of those few men I mentoned up there. Therefore they are not different from PDP. All I know is that b4 2015 many more political movement will rise up and maybe a true party for the masses will emerge, a party without men that has messed us up these 40years then I can believe them not this Apc.
Re: APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 20, 2013
djon78: If they are honest about all these reforms then they wll start from themselves, people like tinubu, ikimi, okorocha, and so many others in there midst should be brought to justice first before they can now come and cleanse nigeria, you cannot be sick and claim u have a cure when u have not first cured urself. The only men with a bit integrity in that Apc are Buhari, Oshiomole, Ribadu, Fashola but other deeply and corrupt indiividuals in the group has defiled the integrity of those few men I mentoned up there. Therefore they are not different from PDP. All I know is that b4 2015 many more political movement will rise up and maybe a true party for the masses will emerge, a party without men that has messed us up these 40years then I can believe them not this Apc.
There is nothing like a party for the masses anywhere in the world, just pick the lesser evil
Re: APC To Probe Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Oil Revenue. by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 20, 2013
i believe with the like of buhari, ribadu, fashola these people will not allow others to drag their names in the mood, they'll try as much as possible to protect their name. This can only happen if they all have positive motive about this merger.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Vs Boston Bombers / The Abandom Victems Of The Flood. / Thread To Help Winners Of US Visa Lottery: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.