Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,681 members, 7,851,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? (3076 Views)

Ese Oruru's Parents House In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (photos) / What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / Married Couples: Would You Feel Comfortable Having Sex In Your Parents House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Truckpusher(m): 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
hottiechoco:

undecided tongue
undecided
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by vivianc(f): 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

Seriously, I await her response. I really wanna know. Its quite too young.

Did she go do a maid for someone or something undecided

To answer your question? Yes, I did the maid/house help stuff pretty well. I lived with a lot of people (relatives) while growing up, I also hawked goods on the streets but I stopped after secondary school.

What does it matter? I'm glad I did, it shaped my life.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

And it wasn't easy, there were a lot midnight tears, I was made fun of, I was insulted and humiliated. grin I remember those days, those IMSU students that I lived with used to call me Jabez. grin funny huh?

My parents were worried, but they also trusted me. I was really focused and that was my compass. And at the end of the day, it actually paid off. It feels so good to make them proud.

P.S I'd kill any Mod that puts this thread on FP.

Good to hear that ur action eventually paid off. BTW this is still my thread and will appreciate it being on the front page.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

To answer your question? Yes, I did the maid/house help stuff pretty well. I lived with a lot of people (relatives) while growing up, I also hawked goods on the streets but I stopped after secondary school.

That answers it. I'm glad you could be honest.
Really, what does it matter now? Look at you, looking beautiful, with a good fiance who's got a good job too am sure.
I wasnt trying to make fun of you, note that. I only said it because that is what is obtainable these days.
Who am I to even make fun of anyone?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Tough times don't last but tough people like u do.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

And it wasn't easy, there were a lot midnight tears, I was made fun of, I was insulted and humiliated. grin I remember those days, those IMSU students that I lived with used to call me Jabez. grin funny huh?

My parents were worried, but they also trusted me. I was really focused and that was my compass. And at the end of the day, it actually paid off. It feels so good to make them proud.

this one na real wife material...
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Truckpusher(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

That answers it. I'm glad you could be honest.
Really, what does it matter now? Look at you, looking beautiful, with a good fiance who's got a good job too am sure.
I wasnt trying to make fun of you, note that. I only said it because that is what is obtainable these days.
Who am I to even make fun of anyone?
This is so sweet kiss
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

It matters not a jot. My mother did the househelp thing too. Left home at 11 because parents couldnt afford to send her to school. If not for her... where would i be?

Kudos to strong women like you who are not ashamed to do what it takes to make a success of your life. God bless you.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Deiok(m): 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

grin you really wanna know huh? Ok.

Finished secondary school at almost 17, there was no money to further my education. I'm the first child and you know how is it with first issues in igbo land, especially when your parents are poor and not educated. You are supposed to get married and help train the others. That's btw.
So I did a road side computer training (crash) for 3months and the demand of computer operator was low in the city my parents lived. So I had to leave, I went to Owerri where the demand for computer operators was high and got a job. Was bonking with a friend at Alvan Ikoku COE, the potters found out and chased me away grin. I moved in with 1 of my friends that was in IMSU, they squatted me and I was paying like 1k every month, then I was 17 and some months but I looked 25 grin.
The rest they say is history tongue

I kinda envy you tho.
wow. Truely you are a strong and independent woman.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
uboma:
you don't have to be sarcastic.

[size=16pt]Far from it, I only asked that because in Nigeria these days, that is the likeliest reason one leaves home at such tender age. I'm not Miss Perfect myself. I made this statement bold because of the rest of your likes that might wanna come here and spit anything more or less about the comment I made. It was a harmless comment, and I repeat a harmlesss one!
[/size]
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

[size=16pt]Far from it, I only asked that because in Nigeria these days, that is the likeliest reason one leaves home at such tender age. I'm not Miss Perfect myself. I made this statement bold because of the rest of your likes that might wanna come here and spit anything more or less about the comment I made. It was a harmless comment, and I repeat a harmlesss one!
[/size]

Noted
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Your hussles sure did pay off. And am glad to hear that.

And yes, yes! Your parents must have trusted you to let go at such age.

I cant remember how I was when I was 16 but my immediate kid sis who is 16 now, doesnt even know how to cook and mum wouldnt even leave her at home all by herself or even allow her go out by herself, so, i can imagine. SIs, you really tried. I give you an upper hand on this one, walahi.

Let me know if that guy or any guy tries to ill-treat you in anyway! You deserve all the respect you can get in a man smiley
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
uboma:

Noted

Thank you smiley
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

Thank you smiley

U are welcome
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2013
Truckpusher: This is so sweet kiss

I know, right kisskiss
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by vivianc(f): 12:34pm On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

Your hussles sure did pay off. And am glad to hear that.

And yes, yes! Your parents must have trusted you to let go at such age.

I cant remember how I was when I was 16 but my immediate kid sis who is 16 now, doesnt even know how to cook and mum wouldnt even leave her at home all by herself or even allow her go out by herself, so, i can imagine. SIs, you really tried. I give you an upper hand on this one, walahi.

Let me know if that guy or any guy tries to ill-treat you in anyway! You deserve all the respect you can get in a man smiley

cheesy you know I didn't choose this, life threw it at me. Babe, if I had to choose, I would have chosen to be a very rich mummy's girl grin.

I believe your sis will learn with time.

Thank you very much, Tasha.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by vivianc(f): 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
davidylan:

It matters not a jot. My mother did the househelp thing too. Left home at 11 because parents couldnt afford to send her to school. If not for her... where would i be?

Kudos to strong women like you who are not ashamed to do what it takes to make a success of your life. God bless you.

Yea, that's why I'm gonna make sure that none of my kids experience this. It ends with me. Though they are gonna know that life is tough.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by kedukc(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:
Though they are gonna know that life is tough.

true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm In Danger Of Committing Adultery - Please Advice Me / Help! My Best Friend Betrayed Me! / Photos: The Father/Daughter Kiss That's Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.