Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,255 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors (9744 Views)

Is Ike Ekweremadu A Coward And A Disloyal PDP Man? / PDP May Snatch National Assembly Leadership, Kwankwaso Warns APC / Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Gbawe: 9:47am On Apr 20, 2013
We dey laff. Desperation of mediocrities and the undeserving placed far above their station. Good development for Nigeria in my opinion as this will surely finish off the PDP. I.e a myopically crude President thinking he can grossly abuse his powers and office via using important Nigerian institution to fight, bully and alienate everyone simply to retain a job he stinks at and has no natural ability to retain on merit.

Mr.President, test your popularity democratically or inevitably fall victim to what has been the fate of many power-drunk African 'sit-tight-by-all-means' leaders wh could not retain office as is most desirable i.e through diligence, performance and the support/endorsement of all stakeholders. The age in which you are doing this is totally the wrong one to get away with these sort of antics your 'throwback' mentors disgraced Nigeria with. Look around you in Africa to note you will fail and things may end horribly for you.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=119412:2015-presidency-pdp-may-move-against-markedgovernors-&catid=73:policy-a-politics&Itemid=607

2015: Presidency, PDP May Move Against ‘Marked’Governors

SATURDAY, 20 APRIL 2013 00:00 FROM AZIMAZI MOMOH JIMOH, ABUJA AND SAMSON EZEA, LAGOS FEATURES - POLICY & POLITICS
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest

AS the battle for 2015 Presidency becomes more intriguing within the forces in the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Presidency and the national leadership of the party, which include the leadership of the Board of Trustees (BoT), have concluded plans to deal with the party governors opposed to President Goodluck Jonathan’s second term.

A source in the party who was privy to a meeting held in Abuja early last week, told The Guardian yesterday that it was agreed at the meeting that the best bet for the President Goodluck Jonathan to secure his second term ticket and subsequently win the 2015 presidential election is to start in time to move against such governors.

According to the source, it was agreed at the meeting that no stone should be left unturned in the plot which would involve anti-graft agencies and the judiciary.

It was disclosed that despite what looked like fence-mending in the party in the last few weeks, the security report and findings from the recent peace tours by (BoT) leadership showed that the opposing governors, mostly from the North, are already hobnobbing with the merging opposition party All Progressives Congress (APC) by proxy.

[b]“What happened in Rivers State with the recent court’s sack of the state executive of the party loyal to Governor Chibuike Amaechi and their replacement with a group loyal to the Minister of State for Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike, was hatched by the Presidency and the national leadership of party.

“It might soon be extended to other “marked” governors such as the Niger State Governor, Muazu Babangida Aliyu; his Sokoto counterpart, Aliyu Wamakko; Kebbi State Governor, Alhaji Saidu Dakingari; Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwakwanso.

“Those still on the watch list of the Presidency and the party leadership to ascertain where their loyalty lies include Liyel Imoke of Cross River State, Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State, Sulivan Chime of Enugu State, Martin Elechi of Ebonyi State, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State, Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe State.

“Those whose loyalty appeared to have been confirmed at least for now in the North are Gabriel Suswan of Benue State, Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State and his Bauchi State counterpart Isah Yuguda, both of whom are already jostling for the vice president slot in 2015. Others in the South are Theodore Orji of Abia State, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa Governor Seriake Dickson.[/b]

“ As a sign of what lies ahead for opposing governors, the man who was instrumental in the originating summon which the court relied upon to sack the party executive in Rivers state loyal to Ameachi is the Edo State chairman of the party, Mr. Dan Orbi, who is also Chief Tony Anenih’s points man. It was Orbih, who, in his affidavit, said that the results paraded by the sacked state exco chairman, Godspower Akeh, did not emanate from the congress that he had conducted in the state more than a year ago.”

The source further disclosed that the dilly-dallying of the Presidency on the crisis rocking the party in Adamawa State between groups loyal to the party national chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and Governor Murtala Nyako with Tukur gaining the upper is a clear sign that Nyako may have lost out.

On the fate of Jigawa State Governor, Sule Lamido and his alleged presidential ambition, the source said the Presidency is still watching him although his son has a pending case of money-laundering with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Speaking on the development, a member of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party told The Guardian yesterday that it appeared Tukur has gained upper hand against the governors in the fight with the backing of the Presidency.

On the plans to deal with the opposing governors, the NWC member said it was never discussed in their meetings, but expressed surprise with the sack of the Rivers State exco of the party loyal to Amaechi and the subsequent swearing-in of the faction loyal to Wike.

“We never envisaged it, but there is nothing we can do about it because we are ordinary members. Certain decisions on the party are taken at the Presidency and might not be communicated. It appeared the development was a warning to other opposing governors ahead of the party NEC meeting to be cautious of their opposition to the Presidency and national leadership of the party ahead 2015,” the member stressed.

A member of the BoT who was on the entourage that visited Amaechi before the sack of the state exco of the party expressed worry that the development might mar the effort already made in resolving the crisis rocking the party.

An aide to one of the “marked” governors in the North told The Guardian that they are aware of the plot to use some people from the state, including senators to level false allegations of corruption against his boss and subsequently unleash anti-graft agencies on some state government officials to distract the governor.

“We are not surprised but they will definitely fail in the plot because my boss has nothing to hide and has always been on the part of the truth and good governance,” the aide said.

3 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by taharqa: 10:11am On Apr 20, 2013
Another PROPAGANDIST nonsense from SAME PEOPLE who out of STU.PID DESPERATION fooolishly FORGED a 'Presidential Letter' purportedly directing Moves against susponsd 'Opponents' of d President (and did a terrible, Amateurist job at it, I might add ).. 3 Leadership Journalists and d Newspaper itself are already eating d Poo of dat very fooolish move, and facing a Minimum of 10yrs in Prison for allowing themselves to be usd by DESPERATE Politicians. And that shld even be d Least of their Problems for now. Both themselves and d People who put them up to such Foolly wud eventuali be SEVERELY dealt with, as it shld be........ By d way, if you are actuali CLEAN, you wud not be afraid of Anti-Corruptn Agencies Or what yr perceivd 'Opponents' wud do with them, No? At least, you wudn't be so afraid as to Forge Documents or pay sm Hungry Journalists for Sillly Stories like dis...

9 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by tigereyes: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2013
Am I the first? Anyway more crap from the opposition. Let's see
1. A secret meeting which just happened to have closet ACN members took place.
2. PDP known for their ineptitude (which has led to a desperate merger by the efficient opposition in order to contain them)have happily announced how they intend to prosecute the next presidential campaign.

I really don't know why Gbawe and his band of brainless co-travelers keep insulting our intelligence with this same old crap. Ok, Gbawe, congratulations you know the PDP strategy abi so the election has been won by the Axis of Evil Party right? Let me guess, your pay masters are keeping their strategy secret because they are competent not so?

8 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by omiobo: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 20, 2013
“It might soon be extended to other “marked” governors such as the Niger State Governor, Muazu Babangida Aliyu; his Sokoto counterpart, Aliyu Wamakko; Kebbi State Governor, Alhaji Saidu Dakingari; Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwakwanso.

“Those still on the watch list of the Presidency and the party leadership to ascertain where their loyalty lies include Liyel Imoke of Cross River State, Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State, Sulivan Chime of Enugu State, Martin Elechi of Ebonyi State, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State, Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe State.

^^^
The ruling party's own axis of evil, eh?

1 Like

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Gbawe: 10:25am On Apr 20, 2013
eGuerrilla:

^^^
The ruling party's own axis of evil, eh?

Indeed. At least that is how Tukur, Maku, Okupe, Omokri and other professional azzlickers would put it.
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 20, 2013
Gbawe:

Indeed. At least that is how Tukur, Maku, Okupe, Omokri and other professional azzlickers would put it.

Bereft of ideas on how to curb the growing insurgency within party ranks, it is simply a case of falling back on tried and tested methods.

Act 1, Scene 3

As New Executive Sets Up Committee to Audit Amaechi

The crisis engulfing the Rivers state Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) took a new dimension as the new state executive committee led by Chief Felix Obuah and the secretary, Walter Opuene said that they would set up a committee to exercise oversight function and audit the administration of Governor Chibuike Amaechi and other elected officials in the state.

The oversight function and audit of the administration of Governor Amaechi and other elected officials was to ensure that they kept the promise of social contract with the people, while any elected official that fell short of the audit and oversight function would be recommended to the anti-graft agencies in the country.
Source

1 Like

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by superior1: 10:48am On Apr 20, 2013
Jona is proving not to be ENTIRELY clueless after-all.

5 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Gamji007: 11:31am On Apr 20, 2013
superior1: Jona is proving not to be ENTIRELY clueless after-all.

On the contrary,he is "entirely" clueless and seems to be infecting everyone around him with such cluelessness! These desperate methods employed by GEJ and his leutenants shows how bereft of ideas they are. Publicly drawing a battle line with people you claim to be your friends. They keep creating enemies for themselves and are gradually creating a faction in the party.

Well, I wish PDP goodluck as they begin to crumble.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by chino11(m): 11:40am On Apr 20, 2013
underestimate gej to your own peril, the guy is far more smarter than ibb and obj put together. he is silent mover

4 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Gbawe: 11:46am On Apr 20, 2013
Gamji007:

On the contrary,he is "entirely" clueless and seems to be infecting everyone around him with such cluelessness! These desperate methods employed by GEJ and his leutenants shows how bereft of ideas they are. Publicly drawing a battle line with people you claim to be your friends. They keep creating enemies for themselves and are gradually creating a faction in the party.

Correct in every sense. It is always Nigeria that suffers as well when these so-called internal ruling Party squabbles play out completely. GEJ is indeed "clueless" in his desperate pursuit of power. Only blind sycophants will ascribe any intelligence whatsoever to what GEJ is doing that, with the big picture in mind, is a disgrace to Nigeria with how, in this day and age, shows us as a rare example of a Nation where leaders, with impunity, insist on being backward with the support of the citizens they regress.

When you have a nation such as ours where the Presidency , in the wrong hand, is an over-empowered and virtually unchecked destructive office then what is the "intelligence" behind a crude opportunist using his position to persecute and bully others to get his way? Where in the world, for example, is a 30 year old man praised for bullying a nine-year old kid?

I think in saner climes, what GEJ is doing will be interpreted as the heights of myopia, lack of vision, lack of basic intelligence and the sort of low IQ that opportunists, desperados and undeserving mediocrities come with and display shamelessly. In Nigeria where many suffer from 'Stockholm syndrome' we will see GEJ's crude "might is right" bullying interpreted as intelligence.

The Police and others take a cue from 'oga at the top'. So when those praising GEJ are ordered by soldiers or policemen to jump up and down in public, as punishment, they should praise those Soldiers and Policemen as "intelligent" also. Ours is a crazy nation where people, from their utterances, don't even appear to recognize their own 'craze'.

6 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by oluomad(m): 11:54am On Apr 20, 2013
They should drop them cos its better to move with few trusted members than to move with large crowd of majorly judas

1 Like

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by kunlekunle: 11:55am On Apr 20, 2013
chino11: underestimate gej to your own peril, the guy is far more smarter than ibb and obj put together. he is silent mover

There is no smartness in his actions,
he was or is a militant.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2013
i think a new word should be formed to equate the brainless fisherman, calling Jonathan clueless is an insult to clueless people as there are far more advanced than Jonathan
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 20, 2013
Watch ur words dude.
kunlekunle:

There is no smartness in his actions,
he was or is a militant.
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by superior1: 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
Gamji007:

Let me give you a piece from Dele Momodu's recent article 'My Candid Take on 2015'

I won’t be surprised if all the PDP Governors line up behind Jonathan when tomorrow comes. What will shock me is if they don’t. A lot of government money is already being stockpiled for our type of rainy day. Loads of cash will jump out of the vaults when the time comes, as it certainly will, sooner than later. How many politicians born of women can resist the lure of money in a country where money speaketh all languages and conquereth all territories?

The method he (Jona) is employing is quite obvious, he will first harass and intimidate them (knowing they all have skeleton in their cupboards) and then offer them monetary and political compensation to get their loyalty, something you can call carrot and stick.

You see, he is actually clueless but not ENTIRELY, if he doesn't give them reasons to behave themselves now, it will be difficult for him to manage them later

1 Like

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Myself2(m): 12:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
taharqa: Another PROPAGANDIST nonsense from SAME PEOPLE who out of STU.PID DESPERATION fooolishly FORGED a 'Presidential Letter' purportedly directing Moves against susponsd 'Opponents' of d President (and did a terrible, Amateurist job at it, I might add ).. 3 Leadership Journalists and d Newspaper itself are already eating d Poo of dat very fooolish move, and facing a Minimum of 10yrs in Prison for allowing themselves to be usd by DESPERATE Politicians. And that shld even be d Least of their Problems for now. Both themselves and d People who put them up to such Foolly wud eventuali be SEVERELY dealt with, as it shld be........ By d way, if you are actuali CLEAN, you wud not be afraid of Anti-Corruptn Agencies Or what yr perceivd 'Opponents' wud do with them, No? At least, you wudn't be so afraid as to Forge Documents or pay sm Hungry Journalists for Sillly Stories like dis...

So I wasn't the only one that noticed it,ok
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Myself2(m): 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
tigereyes: Am I the first? Anyway more crap from the opposition. Let's see
1. A secret meeting which just happened to have closet ACN members took place.
2. PDP known for their ineptitude (which has led to a desperate merger by the efficient opposition in order to contain them)have happily announced how they intend to prosecute the next presidential campaign.

I really don't know why Gbawe and his band of brainless co-travelers keep insulting our intelligence with this same old crap. Ok, Gbawe, congratulations you know the PDP strategy abi so the election has been won by the Axis of Evil Party right? Let me guess, your pay masters are keeping their strategy secret because they are competent not so?

Wow.So on point
Axis of evil,that was very deep

1 Like

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by ayox2003: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
First off, Guardian newspaper doesn't, in the smallest way, lean towards the opposition. Infact when every other newspaper had the caption of the presidential pardon given to Alams, guess what Guardian wrote, "Gowon endorses Alams pardon". So quit all the propaganda stuffs. Abati still has a large influence on the newspaper and the Ibrus (Owners) are friends of the administration.

Second, as we all know that power corrupts. GEJ, the gentle VP, who was held up by OBJ, has suddenly become the Napoleon in Animal Farm. First it was OBJ, now its Amaechi. Then it was "Just give me one term, I will spend just 4years". Immediately he stepped in, he sought to change his tenure to 7years. Power has corrupted our dear president.

Third, PDP is at its weakest link. Their circle of influence is very small. OBJ isn't concerned about how it goes down in PDP. Anenih can't even win in his own ward, Tukur is just a name on paper with no strong effect. Amaechi, the most popular PDP governor, is facing a tough challenge in the party. There's no candidate that can trump Buhari. For the interest of democracy, now is the time for the opposition to get their acts together and do what's right. Let's just break this PDP jinx and have a new lease of governance for the betterment of Nigeria.

Frawzey

4 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by kkkp: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
Funi politicians...dey dnt tink of death..as if na dem get tomorrowgrin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by justsayemma(m): 12:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
If only he can use the kind of desperation he is usin to fight percieved political opponent,to fight insecurity,corruption and improvin †ђξ lives of Nigerians,I would have bin pleased wit him.

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Gbawe: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
justsayemma: If only he can use the kind of desperation he is usin to fight percieved political opponent,to fight insecurity,corruption and improvin †ђξ lives of Nigerians,I would have bin pleased wit him.

Abi.
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Gbawe: 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
ayox2003: First off, Guardian newspaper doesn't, in the smallest way, lean towards the opposition. Infact when every other newspaper had the caption of the presidential pardon given to Alams, guess what Guardian wrote, "Gowon endorses Alams pardon". So quit all the propaganda stuffs. Abati still has a large influence on the newspaper and the Ibrus (Owners) are friends of the administration.

Second, as we all know that power corrupts. GEJ, the gentle VP, who was held up by OBJ, has suddenly become the Napoleon in Animal Farm. First it was OBJ, now its Amaechi. Then it was "Just give me one term, I will spend just 4years". Immediately he stepped in, he sought to change his tenure to 7years. Power has corrupted our dear president.

Third, PDP is at its weakest link. Their circle of influence is very small. OBJ isn't concerned about how it goes down in PDP. Anenih can't even win in his own ward, Tukur is just a name on paper with no strong effect. Amaechi, the most popular PDP governor, is facing a tough challenge in the party. There's no candidate that can trump Buhari. For the interest of democracy, now is the time for the opposition to get their acts together and do what's right. Let's just break this PDP jinx and have a new lease of governance for the betterment of Nigeria.

Frawzey

Absolutely agree with all you have said especially the conclusion. What should harmonise our opinions and views more than the Boston bombing America has dealt with and , more or less, gained closure over quickly? Contrast with the aberration called Nigeria where terrorist can kill Nigerians daily with impunity fully secure in the knowledge that a compromised President can never move against those who sponsor them and keep guns and bombs flowing freely.
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by ayox2003: 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
justsayemma: If only he can use the kind of desperation he is usin to fight percieved political opponent,to fight insecurity,corruption and improvin †ђξ lives of Nigerians,I would have bin pleased wit him.

Exactly. He's the new PHCN. Power Holding Commander of Nigeria. Yet, some folks will justify all these corruption cases the administration swept under the carpet.

Frawzey
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by ShineuEye: 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2013
GEJ is a genius, see how the opposition dey yarn dust...hehehe
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by bankole200(m): 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
I think d divide and rule tactics that GEJ is trying to use is uncalled for. It is clueless at this phase of life. I think the end of power drunk party has finally come. GEJ, when dancing, look at your back cos you might be left to dance to the gallery
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by ziccoit: 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
superior1:

Let me give you a piece from Dele Momodu's recent article 'My Candid Take on 2015'

I won’t be surprised if all the PDP Governors line up behind Jonathan when tomorrow comes. What will shock me is if they don’t. A lot of government money is already being stockpiled for our type of rainy day. Loads of cash will jump out of the vaults when the time comes, as it certainly will, sooner than later. How many politicians born of women can resist the lure of money in a country where money speaketh all languages and conquereth all territories?

The method he (Jona) is employing is quite obvious, he will first harass and intimidate them (knowing they all have skeleton in their cupboards) and then offer them monetary and political compensation to get their loyalty, something you can call carrot and stick.

You see, he is actually clueless but not ENTIRELY, if he doesn't give them reasons to behave themselves now, it will be difficult for him to manage them later

Sometime, somewhere, somehow we all get tired of money somewhat. I bet you North is the only hope for GEJ's return by 2015 and their youths have started asking their elders questions. Just study how Bokoharam insurgency grows sore if u are in doubt.
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Wsdm: 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2013
Thank you.
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by onatisi(m): 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
superior1: Jona is proving not to be ENTIRELY clueless after-all.
thanks a billion,i am sure all pdp govs will be taught some good lessons soon,never fight ur presido 2years to general elections,now that disloyal govs have been identified it is time to unleash the efcc and icpc against them
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by Shine1177: 1:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
@Gbawe. Please can you confirm that Gov. Amaechi gives his opponent a breathing space in River State PDP chapter until they got Abuja backing? Where is Omehia, Odili & co. Amaechi gave them this same treatment he's enjoying now. Prince Tony Princewill that defected to ACN to contest against him was dealt with until he traced his steps back to lick Amaechi's boot.

All the governors that Guardian mentioned, how many of them have conducted Local Council election in their state? For those that have conducted LG election, how many opposition party candidate that genuine won their election were sworn-in? (None). Its always a bandwagon election where their party must win all Chairmanship and Coucillorship slot even fraudulently. They run their state like a personal estate and act god on the same people they begged before they occupy that office.

So, whatever that is good for the goose is good for the gender. Its a viscous circle, let stop insulting our dear President he's not as bad as his opponent paint him.

3 Likes

Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by superior1: 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
ziccoit:

Sometime, somewhere, somehow we all get tired of money somewhat. I bet you North is the only hope for GEJ's return by 2015 and their youths have started asking their elders questions. Just study how Bokoharam insurgency grows sore if u are in doubt.

Are you sure of the bolded, not for Nigerian politicians, besides, money is not the only motivation here, what of the risk of getting exposed and prosecuted by EFFC and co, it is something most of them will not like to risk.
Re: PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors by onatisi(m): 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
i am really interested and eagerly waiting to see who will be the presidential candidte of ASSOCIATION OF POLITICAL CROOKS will be opppps sorry apc i mean

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Attend Townhall Meeting With Youths In Awka / APGA Never Endorsed Buhari, Maintains Strong Alliance With Jonathan / Angry Biafrans Nearly Beatup Nigeria's Foreign Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.