Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Pls I Need An Insight On This - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls I Need An Insight On This (3489 Views)

About US Visa...pls Give Me More Insight / U.s Bound Immigrants Take Note - Insight Into Border Guard Minds . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by llbhuds: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2013
@ poster...sweden is your best option and my advice for you is to get married to her. but as long as she is in love and your name is with sjukhuset(hospital) that you are the father, weather you marry her or not, your residence permit is guaranteed in sweden. just go to skatt office and get a date for marriage and that's all but be prepared to come to Nigeria to apply for your residence which is 200% but applying from sweden means u are sitting on a long thing
anything contrary to this ...OYO remain your case.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Henix(m): 9:14am On Apr 22, 2013
But if he comes back to Nigeria to apply for the residence permit,willnt they take his over stayed visa into consideration while looking into his application?
llbhuds: @ poster...sweden is your best option and my advice for you is to get married to her. but as long as she is in love and your name is with sjukhuset(hospital) that you are the father, weather you marry her or not, your residence permit is guaranteed in sweden. just go to skatt office and get a date for marriage and that's all but be prepared to come to Nigeria to apply for your residence which is 200% but applying from sweden means u are sitting on a long thing
llbhuds: @ poster...sweden is your best option and my advice for you is to get married to her. but as long as she is in love and your name is with sjukhuset(hospital) that you are the father, weather you marry her or not, your residence permit is guaranteed in sweden. just go to skatt office and get a date for marriage and that's all but be prepared to come to Nigeria to apply for your residence which is 200% but applying from sweden means u are sitting on a long thing
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Henix(m): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2013
I wanted to know if it is really easier to seek asylum or legalised a stay in Hungary,when compare to other schengen states.
kennybuda: Henix read my post carefully, this opportunity is for those that are living illegal or as asylum seekers and had pregnant EU partner
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by llbhuds: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2013
Henix: But if he comes back to Nigeria to apply for the residence permit,willnt they take his over stayed visa into consideration while looking into his application? [b][/b]

all he needs to do is to go to the migration office and tell them he want to close is asylum and that he wants to go home and apply before his wife puts to bed...so so simple.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
llbhuds:

all he needs to do is to go to the migration office and tell them he want to close is asylum and that he wants to go home and apply before his wife puts to bed...so so simple.

WRONG!!!

He do not need to go out of Sweden to apply for a residence permit. He can apply inshore as well

Quoting from the Swedish immigration website

http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/4222_en.html

If you are in Sweden without a valid residence permit you may in certain cases be granted a residence permit due to ties to a close family member, without having to leave Sweden. This applies if you have a child who has a residence permit or who is a Swedish citizen, and if you have or are expecting a child with a person who is a Swedish citizen or who has a permanent residence permit.
In these cases the requirements are:

that you fulfill the conditions for being granted a residence permit due to ties to a close family member in Sweden
that it is clear that you would have received a residence permit if you had submitted your application before coming to Sweden and
it is not reasonable to demand that you return to your home country to apply.

The child's best interest

The consequences for your child to be separated from his or her parent determine whether or not you can be granted a residence permit without having to leave Sweden.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Bandeco(m): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
dahonestboss:

WRONG!!!

He do not need to go out of Sweden to apply for a residence permit. He can apply inshore as well

Thanks alot @ dahonestboss. U are absolutely right. I came across that clause when i was browsing through migrationsverket website. Sir, are u in sweden? Or do u have friends in sverige(sweden)?
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
I have friends in Sweden, I have been to Sweden countless times; But I am not a resident there.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Bandeco(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
@ llbhuds....thankx for ur reading and giving ur thoughts. U guys are all 1daful. I appreciate!
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by chukxie(m): 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
The answer to your question is as close to you as five is to six. If i were you i'd marry the lady without thinking twice about it.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Bandeco(m): 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
dahonestboss: I have friends in Sweden, I have been to Sweden countless times; But I am not a resident there.
Ok sir! I thought as much cos u are so familiar wit swedish immigration laws. I'm in malmö now. I hope to garner more of ur invaluable advice here as time goes by.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Bandeco(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
chukxie: The answer to your question is as close to you as five is to six. If i were you i'd marry the lady without thinking twice about it.
Yeah. We are in the process of doing that now. Thankx alot
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by kennybuda: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
@bandeco may the lord lead you , now you have learn from here a lot of enemies of progress in naira land will not let you survive some of us are legal or naturalise citizen in europe yet we forgot how we started and the best we could do is to jump into naira land to claim angels and saints rubbish instead of being a brothers keeper.
Bandeco:
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by kennybuda: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
Good job be bless.
dahonestboss:

WRONG!!!

Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Naijalastborn(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
Well, I have nothing to offer in terms of Advice of this issue on ground, all I could is to wish you the Ever best of luck
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Bandeco(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
Naija_lastborn: Well, I have nothing to offer in terms of Advice of this issue on ground, all I could is to wish you the Ever best of luck
Tanx bro!
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Naijalastborn(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
Bandeco:
Tanx bro!
its Alright, God go see us Through
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by llbhuds: 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
dahonestboss:

WRONG!!!

What u fail to understand is..its one thing to submit an application and its another thing for your application to be granted.
Forget what u read on the internet, im telling u from experience.
A cameroonian friend did exactly like this and his application was pending for over 2yrs.

Op...i will advice u to go and apply from naija o and close ur aduro b4 u apply for ur 2yrs cos u cant have double status in a country.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by llbhuds: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
dahonestboss:

WRONG!!!

If u read what u quote urself u will see u are contradicting urself
Start from in these cases the requirements are ...
do u think that requirement is for u?

Also, the child wont be born in another 4months from now.
Man make u marry her nd go naija go apply o.
Dont let dem mislead u o
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2013
llbhuds:

If u read what u quote urself u will see u are contradicting urself
Start from in these cases the requirements are ...
do u think that requirement is for u?

Also, the child wont be born in another 4months from now.
Man make u marry her nd go naija go apply o.
Dont let dem mislead u o

You do not need to be legal in a country to get married, now I am wondering how I contradicted myself
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by llbhuds: 11:50am On Apr 23, 2013
dahonestboss:

You do not need to be legal in a country to get married, now I am wondering how I contradicted myself

i never said he as to be legal to get married, especially in sweden...what im sayin is that you advised him to remain in sweden for his application but according to your reference...

This applies if you have a child who has a residence permit or who is a Swedish citizen, and if you have or are expecting a child with a person who is a Swedish citizen or who has a permanent residence permit.

that you fulfill the conditions for being granted a residence permit due to ties to a close family member in Sweden that it is clear that you would have received a residence permit if you had submitted your application before coming to Sweden and
it is not reasonable to demand that you return to your home country to apply

mind you this guy is an aduro, he met the lady in sweden (not before coming to sweden), he has no pending application with swedish immigration, so this is not applicable to him.
there is no two ways to it man...he will have to go out of suwe and apply and him and his wife will be interviewed and then a decision will be mad but in as much as a child is now involve...its 200% that his coming back to arlanda or Goteborg airport.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
@llbhuds

Going back to his home country to apply is an option and again, He still has an option to stay inshore and apply for it:

and as an Aduro, he cant leave the country for now at least

Mind you, He is not illegal in the country now because his case has not been decided upon, and he meet the basic requirement of staying inshore and apply for his spousal visa if he get married to the lady. It doesnt matter if he has met the lady before coming to Sweden or not, the issue is that his Spouse is a Swedish citizen.

I am only trying to let him know that there are chances of him getting it if he chose to apply in Sweden without returning back.

FLight expenses to and fro is a factor to be considered because not everyone has that money to spend.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by llbhuds: 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
yea based on the fact that he is an asylum seeker he can tell them he cant travel back home...but this will take along time and being a nigerian, there is a possibility of his case being rejected. so its better and its gonna be faster if he just get married, close his asylum case and go home and apply. naija flight is max 130k naira from sweden with ethiopian or turkish air.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by chukxie(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bandeco:

You're welcome, bro. Best of luck. Cheers!
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Bandeco(m): 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
Chai! My head is filled up. Too many opinions. Which1 am i gona stick to nw. Scratching my head nw.mehn, no be small thing o. May God guide me to take the right path and decision. Thankx every1 for ur thoughts.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by kennybuda: 6:59am On Apr 24, 2013
Table this issue with old boys in malmo I know some of them that imigrate from Copenhagen to malmo 20 years ago hopefully they have experience and may be in position to advice you or introduce you to best lawyers in town , you are a new commer with no experience in Europe niaraland and links to swedish immigration page may not help meet old buggers in town.
Bandeco: Chai! My head is filled up. Too many opinions. Which1 am i gona stick to nw. Scratching my head nw.mehn, no be small thing o. May God guide me to take the right path and decision. Thankx every1 for ur thoughts.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Bandeco(m): 10:59am On Apr 24, 2013
kennybuda: Table this issue with old boys in malmo I know some of them that imigrate from Copenhagen to malmo 20 years ago hopefully they have experience and may be in position to advice you or introduce you to best lawyers in town , you are a new commer with no experience in Europe niaraland and links to swedish immigration page may not help meet old buggers in town.
Great idea! Thank u sir for ur concern
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by llbhuds: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
kennybuda: Table this issue with old boys in malmo I know some of them that imigrate from Copenhagen to malmo 20 years ago hopefully they have experience and may be in position to advice you or introduce you to best lawyers in town , you are a new commer with no experience in Europe niaraland and links to swedish immigration page may not help meet old buggers in town.

Bandeco:
Great idea! Thank u sir for ur concern

i still remain on my point...u still have to go apply from naija only if malmo dons are trying to delay you from being like them (having a permit) cos naija peeps bad o
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by Bandeco(m): 6:56am On Apr 25, 2013
llbhuds:

i still remain on my point...u still have to go apply from naija only if malmo dons are trying to delay you from being like them (having a permit) cos naija peeps bad o
I know wetin our naija dudes fit do na. If i dey "eat" wit dem i suppose use long spoon. Anyhow, i believe my condition wil get better very soon. I was thinking that Europe is a land filled wit milk and honey. Europe is hellish if u come here without paper. If not for that my gf i wouldn't hv knwn how miserable lyf would hav been nw. But success doesnt come without strife and am definitely on the path of success nw in jesus name. @ kennybuda i love ur sincerity. I wil kip u posted in every step wil take. We are planning to go to gothenburg to do marriage registry. She is a native of Gothenburg, sweden.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by kennybuda: 7:47am On Apr 25, 2013
They are some good Nigerians the lord will surely lead you to those good people, your marriage with your child will be a narrow success.Nigerians living abroad are full of hatred and jealousy mingle yourself with the good one's or relate with other Africans its not a must you will be around Nigerians most especially when you are on your way to success they will love to see you fail for them to have details to gossip around like women at the market square.in my own case the guy who help me was a capvedian I made him part of my family forever. I found those bad Nigerians here in naira land who run their mouth as the messiah in niaraland. since non of us were born in Europe we must face imigration problem in one way or the other.
Bandeco:
I know wetin our naija dudes fit do na. If i dey "eat" wit[sup][/sup] dem i suppos De use long spoon. Anyhow, i believe my condition wil get better very soon. I was thinking that Europe is a land filled wit milk and honey. Europe is hellish if u come here without paper. If not for that my gf i wouldn't hv knwn how miserable lyf would hav been nw. But success doesnt come without strife and am definitely on the path of success nw in jesus name. @ kennybuda i love ur sincerity. I wil kip u posted in every step wil take. We are planning to go to gothenburg to do marriage registry. She is a native of Gothenburg, sweden.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by justwise(m): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2013
@Bandeco

This is from the link provided by dahonestboss your chances of regulating your paper is brighter when you apply from Sweden.

If you have or are expecting children in Sweden:

If you are in Sweden without a valid residence permit you may in certain cases be granted a residence permit due to ties to a close family member, without having to leave Sweden. This applies if you have a child who has a residence permit or who is a Swedish citizen, and if you have or are expecting a child with a person who is a Swedish citizen or who has a permanent residence permit.

that you fulfill the conditions for being granted a residence permit due to ties to a close family member in Sweden
that it is clear that you would have received a residence permit if you had submitted your application before coming to Sweden and
it is not reasonable to demand that you return to your home country to apply.

The child's best interest

The consequences for your child to be separated from his or her parent determine whether or not you can be granted a residence permit without having to leave Sweden.

Your application for a residence permit in Sweden may be turned down if:

you do not fulfill the requirements for a residence permit due to ties to a close relative
it is likely that the embassy will be able to process your application within a reasonable period of time
it is believed that your child will not be harmed by your temporary separation.

Your application may also be turned down if you have a criminal record or have been an illegal resident for a significant period of time, or if you have provided incorrect information.
Re: Pls I Need An Insight On This by naturality(m): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2013
No advice to give but Goodluck to you bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Character Certificate; Help With Validity. / Canada Study Permit (montreal)- Appeal Process / The Six Most Remote Places In human civilization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.