Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Boston Bombing Vs Boko Haram Bombing: How Both Presidents Fared - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boston Bombing Vs Boko Haram Bombing: How Both Presidents Fared (556 Views)

Biafra VS Boko Haram. Pix Of Their Arraignment / Military Vs Boko Haram Special Forces Wiped Out / OPINION: Boko haram Bombing, Femi Needs To Resign If He Has Integrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boston Bombing Vs Boko Haram Bombing: How Both Presidents Fared by bigtt76(f): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2013
Been reading on various forums comparing President Obama's swift and precise handling of the crisis to our GEJ (we hardly call him President Goodluck) usual textbook (authored by Reuben Abati) response.

My question here is 'why do we demand so much from a society that is not 100% sincere to change and success?'

Are we ready to behave like the Americans and get what they are enjoying now? I remembered when the Americans staged the 'occupy Walls Street' they did it for a reason stamp out corruption in the private sector of their economy. We took cue from them, staged same during the fuel subsidy removal but what happened?

Unlike in the US where public awareness were drawn to the ills, back home, it was hijacked by finished politicians (same corrupt ones) and musicians trying to resuscitate their career to the amusement of the youths who initiated it all.

I remember 'Light Up Nigeria', 'Enough is Enough' etc ....what happened to them? Once the originators got coverage in CNN it all became fan fare ...'green carpet' events, popping of Moets etc became the norm.

Are we dead serious about getting a working government when the youths who should be gearing up to the task of replacing the old guard are screewing up?

Check out the oil subsidy scams ....the youths were used by the same old guard. All the Bugatti and other exotic cars are driven by the youths. Where are they working to get the cash for such? What industry have they setup fetching them those cash. Who are their parents to afford dashing them those cars? What do their parents do? Do they pay tax?

You hob-nob with corruption and expect to get the best out of your society? Its not just possible.

I'm yet to see that youth would come and say for example on Admiralty Way Lekki, I would invest in a community power generation to supplement what the government cannot provide. All these things are common in places like Liberia instead all you hear is Aresenal, Chelsea, Man U, Moet etc.

Until we the youth take it upon ourselves to initiate change collectively we cannot achieve a successful society we all crave for.

To GEJ and cohorts, 40 man laptop team ...guys you need to sit up and think properly. If you don't know how to govern the people and provide for their needs, please use Google ...its free!

1 Like

Re: Boston Bombing Vs Boko Haram Bombing: How Both Presidents Fared by project8(m): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2013
I luv ur mindset.may God protect u n ur family n double ur kinds.u've jus said it all.I jus hope we d youth wil c reason n learn frm ur writeup
Re: Boston Bombing Vs Boko Haram Bombing: How Both Presidents Fared by Akpangbon: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2013
From the content of your write up, your topic should have been titled How both citizens fared.

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Nigeria Best President In Your Opinion And Why? / President Jonathan Will Declare If He Will Run By ... / Fulani-berom People Forgive Each Other!!! Good News?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.