Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? (3184 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Joel3(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
who said speaking in tongues is a gift? isn't that nonesense you guys speaks? anybody can speak in tongues. you guys are funny. the different between argument and debate is crystal clear. argument is when you are defending yourself or opponents not because you know the fact but because you want to argue or claim winner. but debate in the other hand is to tell the truth and acknowledge your errors and to learn or correct it. you guys are in for argument sake christembassy them.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 1:40am On Apr 28, 2013
Yooguyz: t[b]t[/b]
WHEN DID THE GIFT OF THE SPIRIT CEASE? # biblical proof/reference and please don't speculate for me#.
Who told you Paul was sick? Was it because he mentioned a thorn in the flesh?
2 corinthians 12:7
"And lest i should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me A THORN IN THE FLESH, THE MESSENGER OF SATAN TO BUFFET ME, lest i should be exalted above measure".
Are you blind! Can't you see! The thorn in flesh was A MESSENGER OF SATAN. Does sickness have a personality? Or do need me to explain that phrase in details for you? K
messenger- angel, sent one
satan- devil, deciever, fallen angel
buffet- strike repeatedly, irritate.
How you take they read your bible sef?
If you want to know what the thorn in flesh is, ask me.

Galatians 4:13-15

13 You know that I came to you the first time because I was sick. That was when I told the Good News to you. 14 My sickness was a burden to you, but you did not stop showing me respect or make me leave. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel from God. You accepted me as if I were Jesus Christ himself!

I was not talking abt the thorn in his flesh as you can see.

8 Love will never end. But all those gifts will come to an end—even the gift of prophecy, the gift of speaking in different kinds of languages, and the gift of knowledge. 9 These will all end because this knowledge and these prophecies we have are not complete. 10 But when perfection comes, the things that are not complete will end.

Can you see where it says only the gifts that are not complete will end when perfection comes.

22 And from this we see that the use of different languages shows how God deals with those who don’t believe, not with those who believe. And prophecy shows how God works through those who believe, not through unbelievers.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by henrijin: 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
Goshen360: It's a Spiritual gift.
No be only gift. Na spiritual present. What language will u call it. Speaking in tongues; "tongues" means languages. Speaking in tongue is speaking a language. It is reported that the Disciples spoke in tongues and the crowd did not understand them. Simple reason: they spoke in their own native tongues/languages which the crowd don't understand. Unless u understand Portuguese. If person begin speak portuguese to u when u no even no say the thing na language, u go understand?

GIFT KO, PRESENT NI
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 9:53am On May 01, 2013
Joel.:
who said speaking in tongues is a gift? isn't that nonesense you guys speaks? anybody can speak in tongues. you guys are funny. the different between argument and debate is crystal clear. argument is when you are defending yourself or opponents not because you know the fact but because you want to argue or claim winner. but debate in the other hand is to tell the truth and acknowledge your errors and to learn or correct it. you guys are in for argument sake christembassy them.
Are u stupid, blind or you are fool? Pick one of the above. If you believe that the holy ghost can help an individual interpret dreams supernaturally. Daniel 2:19-49 # i doubt if you even read your bible #. Can't you also believe that he can enable the individual to speak a language he hasn't learnt? Acts 2:4. Are you that dumb! Mtcheeeew.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 10:09am On May 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Galatians 4:13-15

13 You know that I came to you the first time because I was sick. That was when I told the Good News to you. 14 My sickness was a burden to you, but you did not stop showing me respect or make me leave. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel from God. You accepted me as if I were Jesus Christ himself!

I was not talking abt the thorn in his flesh as you can see.

8 Love will never end. But all those gifts will come to an end—even the gift of prophecy, the gift of speaking in different kinds of languages, and the gift of knowledge. 9 These will all end because this knowledge and these prophecies we have are not complete. 10 But when perfection comes, the things that are not complete will end.

Can you see where it says only the gifts that are not complete will end when perfection comes.

22 And from this we see that the use of different languages shows how God deals with those who don’t believe, not with those who believe. And prophecy shows how God works through those who believe, not through unbelievers.

you have a very subtle way of avoiding my questions....erhmmm i'll just allow my two questions to go unanswered.
The greek word for infirmity in the above verse you quoted means weakness or "in want of strength" or "inability to produce results". THIS WAS THE SAME WORD USED in 1corithains 2:3. Like many belivers, when paul started preaching he felt he could never do what God called him 2 do. The next verse tells us how he obeyed, and the holy ghost made up the difference with a demonstration of his power 1 cor 2:4. His weakness was a platform for the holy ghost to use him mightly. No wonder he said he would rather glory in his infirmities ( lack of supernatural strength) that the power of christ may rest upon him.
"therefore i take pleasure in infirmities ( weakness ) in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for christ's sake. For when am weak, then am i strong". 2 corithians 12:9-10.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 10:58am On May 01, 2013
Yooguyz:
you have a very subtle way of avoiding my questions....erhmmm i'll just allow my two questions to go unanswered.
The greek word for infirmity in the above verse you quoted means weakness or "in want of strength" or "inability to produce results". THIS WAS THE SAME WORD USED in 1corithains 2:3. Like many belivers, when paul started preaching he felt he could never do what God called him 2 do. The next verse tells us how he obeyed, and the holy ghost made up the difference with a demonstration of his power 1 cor 2:4. His weakness was a platform for the holy ghost to use him mightly. No wonder he said he would rather glory in his infirmities ( lack of supernatural strength) that the power of christ may rest upon him.
"therefore i take pleasure in infirmities ( weakness ) in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for christ's sake. For when am weak, then am i strong". 2 corithians 12:9-10.
i love ur points minus the insults, pls make ur points clean without insults. God bless.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by christemmbassey(m): 11:03am On May 01, 2013
Yooguyz:
Are u stupid, blind or you are fool? Pick one of the above. If you believe that the holy ghost can help an individual interpret dreams supernaturally. Daniel 2:19-49 # i doubt if you even read your bible #. Can't you also believe that he can enable the individual to speak a language he hasn't learnt? Acts 2:4. Are you that dumb! Mtcheeeew.
pls teach in love, 2tim2:24-26
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by HIV1: 3:00pm On May 02, 2013
Christianity is nothing but a confused religion. An avenue by some cunning people to deceive and exploit others all in the name of salvation. cool
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 6:49pm On May 02, 2013
Yooguyz:

Have missed this convo for a while ..please what is your question that I dint addres. If I may recall you said I should show you where Paul was ill and I did that..a proof to show tongues and signs have seized I showed you. Kindly ask the question as explicit as you can.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by shdemidemi(m): 6:49pm On May 02, 2013
Yooguyz:

Have missed this convo for a while ..please what is your question that I dint addres. If I may recall you said I should show you where Paul was ill and I did that..a proof to show tongues and signs have seized I showed you. Kindly ask the question as explicit as you can.
Re: Speaking In Tongues, An Unknown Tongues Fake Or What? by Yooguyz: 3:45pm On May 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

1. At What time PRECISELY ( chapter and verse) did the bible say miracles will pass away.
2.which system of time is the present belivers in?
(a) last days (b) early days (c) middle days. # question was edited#

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was Jonah Really Alive In The Belly Of Fish? / Festival Of Nine Lessons And Carol / Religious Intolerance: Here Are discriminatory Signs In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.