Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,378 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich (38985 Views)

Luis Suarez Completes £75m Transfer To Barcelona / Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic / Luis Suarez Biting Branislav Ivanovic In 2:2 Draw At Anfiled (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 22, 2013
suarez d "bugs bunny" see as him bite am Like carrot! grin
wat d legs can't do let d teeth b in charge. grin
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 22, 2013
"Funny thing is that Liverpool were criticised of being 'Toothless' in attack during the beginning of the season".......quoting a guy on goal.com
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by Freiburger(m): 10:17am On Apr 22, 2013
Funny Suarez. grin
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by sylve11: 10:21am On Apr 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by joshuaidibia(m): 10:36am On Apr 22, 2013
Cliford Orji in liverpool.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by biolabee(m): 10:39am On Apr 22, 2013
Interesting that the press are picking on Swocula

ENhlish hypocrisy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6079436.stm

Mascherano fury at Defoe let-off

Referee Steve Bennett booked Defoe and Mascherano

West Ham's Javier Mascherano believes Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe should have been sent off for appearing to bite the midfielder in Sunday's match.

Fifa regulations mean the Football Association cannot take action against Defoe, who was booked for what boss Martin Jol called a "comical nibble".

"To receive a bite was the worst thing that has happened to me since I came to England," said Mascherano.

"The strangest thing was that the referee did not send him off."

Interview: Jermain Defoe's agent Sky Andrew

The incident followed a foul by Mascherano on Defoe towards the end of the first half.

"Things weren't going well for me but this was unexpected and outrageous," added Mascherano.

Both players were given yellow cards by referee Steve Bennett over the incident and, under Fifa rules, this means the case is closed.

The referee was standing over me and if he felt I had done something bad he would have sent me off

Jermain Defoe

An FA spokesman said: "We are unable to take any action because the referee has already dealt with the incident.

"Fifa regulations prevent us from taking retrospective action."

Manchester City defender Ben Thatcher was punished by the FA after the event earlier this season when his forearm smash left Portsmouth midfielder Pedro Mendes in hospital.

However, that incident was deemed exceptional because Mendes suffered serious injury but, in most cases, the FA's hands are tied because of Fifa's stance on the issue of retrospective punishment.

Defoe felt his actions had been "blown out of all proportion".

"The referee was standing over me and if he felt I had done something bad he would have sent me off," said the 24-year-old.

"The incident doesn't look great on TV and I accept that as a role model to kids I have a responsibility to conduct myself in the right way.

"When the West Ham player fouled me, I reacted in a bit of a mischievous way - my character is a little like that at times."

ENhlish hypocrisy
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by coogar: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2013
biolabee: Interesting that the press are picking on Swocula

ENhlish hypocrisy

ENhlish hypocrisy

but the referee dealt with that with a yellow card. suarez's incident wasn't dealt with last night, the referee didn't see the biting incident, he only saw the coming together and besides, suarez is a serial offender.

he should be given a 20-game ban!
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by biolabee(m): 10:49am On Apr 22, 2013
coogar:

but the referee dealt with that with a yellow card. suarez's incident wasn't dealt with last night, the referee didn't see the biting incident, he only saw the coming together and besides, suarez is a serial offender.

So in this case the FA shd act retrospectively and issue a yellow card or at worst a one game ban

An english man bites --- yellow card
Non English ---- where is justice
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by otipoju(m): 10:54am On Apr 22, 2013
Adexchelsea19: U be mumu and nt a chelsea fan.
I air my opinion on an issue subject to myriad intepretations and you leave the subject matter to attack my person.If I be mumu then you be first class hypocrite. Like sey Chelsea players no dey misbehave...Terry- sleeping with a team mates lover, Ashley Cole- "cheating" on his woman,Drogba- slapping Vidic and ranting at a referee and calling him a fu-ck-ing disgrace, Mikel- drunk driving that lead to a driving ban... I have learnt not to dwell on peoples short comings and focus on the positive. For now let me be Civil and not abuse your generation.Shallow minded slowpoke that you are.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2013
Do not blame Suarez.....D young man only wanted 2 Hav a "taste Of Champions League Success"

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2013
boron10: He apologized on twitter and referred to his action as 'inexcusable'. So I believe it is better we let it slide. We don't need anymore controversy from the EPL.

CFC fan
I can as well burst someone's brain with a bottle then go on to apologise on twitter

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by isblog(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2013
An act of frustration I say... Suarez has his good sides but in this one the English press will eat him raw like cannibals too.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by magnificentsk(m): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
I did this last when I was a kid couldnt talk my mum was talking to her friend an I was so hungry,I couldn't contain my anger... mumy efunmi lonje mi jooor
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by ebosed: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Was Suarez did was wrong. Like all of us we have our flaws. This guy learn soccer on the streets, like every child, he is the product of an unfortunate background and the sanity of adults who allowed street soccer without adequate referring. In the absence of one, he grew up defending himself on the street by all means. This guy has passion for the game but needs proper mentoring. He can do anything to score or defend a goal in a game and this is where he needs to be cautioned. We so soon forget he contributed so much in all the 4 goals. Most of us are just haters, and haters are murderers something worst than bitting. Above all, he should be suspended by Liverpool for the rest of the season and fined while FA should suspend him for 3 matches (red card) and fine him as well. I wish to see a better Suarez next season while wishing his employer better value for money. Good luck.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by iamayomidey(m): 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
i tink suarez is under a spell.....
1) na him go use hand score
2) na him go abuse player for field....
But sha he's a good player....he jz need to focus on his game
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by ebosed: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
iamayomidey: i tink suarez is under a spell.....
1) na him go use hand score
2) na him go abuse player for field....
But sha he's a good player....he jz need to focus on his game

I am sure you can count more than 10 flaws in your life too. Weep for yourself.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by jasperkin(m): 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
2 me is a life ban...stop.playing the game...is the game of love not game of enemy. is the game with passion and good spirit, any act of love one another cannot withstand the game.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by ebosed: 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
jasperkin: 2 me is a life ban...stop.playing the game...is the game of love not game of enemy. is the game with passion and good spirit, any act of love one another cannot withstand the game.

Park well jor, na you holy pass abi?
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by pheivor(f): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
but he has begged 4 forgiveness on his twitter page
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by kinggenesis(m): 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
He thought it was an ivano fish
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
Lorhdany: it was his opponent actually. He was later nicknamed 'the cannibal of Ajax'.
oops thanks
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by pappythinko(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
obioraop: bt its a football match y bite it was d same wen he called evra negiroto
I suppose u wer on d same pitch with suarez and Evra when the unfortunate abuse occured.. I don't really blame you. Its when the Elephant is deceased dt u see all forms of knife... Nonsense.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by pappythinko(m): 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
coogar:

4 ur dream or 4 inside ur ps 2 game abi?? when Mcmanama of Wigan almost end d career of Haidara, d n'castle utd leftback did He receive any retrospective ban?? And do you think Luis Suarez juxt bite Ivanovic 4 no reason??
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by pappythinko(m): 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
milychocs: "Funny thing is that Liverpool were criticised of being 'Toothless' in attack during the beginning of the season".......quoting a guy on goal.com
it ain't funny at all my sister.. He(suarez) is presently under immense scutiny n condemnation right now. Juxt try put ursef in his shoes ryt nw n tell d forum hw it feels.. I supos we all have our shortcomings.. i wl really Love to see Him bcm a better person. May God see him through cuz honestly i feel for him. ynwa!

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by pappythinko(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
coogar:

okay sir... Granted u wl be able to forward ur opinion to the English fa.. would you hve recommended a 20match ban for d best player in the team u support?? #HeightofHypocrisy# let them ban Him 4 5games dt should be fair.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by pappythinko(m): 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=ebosed]Was Suarez did was wrong. Like all of us we have our flaws. This guy learn soccer on the streets, like every child, he is the product of an unfortunate background and the sanity of adults who allowed street soccer without adequate referring. In the absence of one, he grew up defending himself on the street by all means. This guy has passion for the game but needs proper mentoring. He can do anything to score or defend a goal.May God bless the womb dt conceived ur being..u r on point.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by spymaster(m): 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
Luiz Suarez is hungry for success
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by vascey(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
donigspain: Gbagaun!sad

Clap for yourself.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by pyneda: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
he shud be banned, that's all.
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by billyG(m): 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
i am not surprise his ancestors are cannibals grin
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by bisiswag(f): 9:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
Abeg jare let suarez be'
Professional counselling? Yes
Witch hunt? No
I actually like his style of play,dude only needs to manage anger properly and transfer the aggression into scoring more goals and becoming a more potent striker. Besides Ivanovich had it coming,yeye chelsea players,drunks,fornicators n adulterers'
Re: Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2013

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

West Brom Vs Arsenal : Carabao Cup (0 - 6) On 25th August 2021 / Chelsea Vs West Bromwich Albion - (2 - 5) On 3rd April 2021 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City: FA Cup (5 - 1) oN 21st February 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.