Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Have U Noticed Dis? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Have U Noticed Dis? (2684 Views)

Woman Walks Around The Strts Of New York Completely Unclad Without Being Noticed / I Have Noticed Nigerians Abroad Look Fresher Than Nigerians In Naija / Have You Noticed? Girls Don't Wear Pants Again: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Noticed Dis? by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
Most times I do notice dat some people do have parts of deir skin so dark i.e inbetween their laps and armpit.....meanwhile dey ar naturally lightskinned....don't know wat do cause it,and wat cream or soap do u people think can work on such places,apart from does bad bleachin creams.....thanks
Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Lol, I don't know about the "in between laps" u mentioned.
....... this might be from being thick in that area and having your thighs rub against each other when you walk plus the heat in that region. grin tongue

Skin discoloration is not particular to a race, it's what the sun does to us. It's more noticeable in light skinned chics than it is in dark skinned chics.......Cos they are already dark, lol tongue

Use meladerm or makari. Those are the ones I know work for black people. Most importantly, buy sunscreen. At least use an SPF 40. These products I mentioned do not have hydroquinone, hence no risk of cancer. (let me add that hydroquinone causing skin cancer has not been scientifically proven) You can also use them on under arms and feminine area.
I would say go for Meladerm, I'm just too lazy to give you an intense breakdown on the two products. I would just say conduct further research. Though they work marvelously when using them, they make your skin more sensitive to sun. If you use them without sunscreen, you will only get darker or see no improvement in the area you applied it to.

To be frank, applying this product in between your thighs might be fruitless cos I think the reason for the discoloration is fat. Work out, lose weight. I say this in the most respectful way possible.

1 Like

Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by Yvete(f): 2:39am On Apr 22, 2013
I learned that dark underarms is as a result of aluminium in some deodorants. I tried an aluminium-free deodorant and it made me sweaty! sad

1 Like

Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:10am On Apr 22, 2013
Shollypopz: Lol, I don't know about the "in between laps" u mentioned.
....... this might be from being thick in that area and having your thighs rub against each other when you walk plus the heat in that region. grin tongue

Skin discoloration is not particular to a race, it's what the sun does to us. It's more noticeable in light skinned chics than it is in dark skinned chics.......Cos they are already dark, lol tongue

Use meladerm or makari. Those are the ones I know work for black people. Most importantly, buy sunscreen. At least use an SPF 40. These products I mentioned do not have hydroquinone, hence no risk of cancer. (let me add that hydroquinone causing skin cancer has not been scientifically proven) You can also use them on under arms and feminine area.
I would say go for Meladerm, I'm just too lazy to give you an intense breakdown on the two products. I would just say conduct further research. Though they work marvelously when using them, they make your skin more sensitive to sun. If you use them without sunscreen, you will only get darker or see no improvement in the area you applied it to.

To be frank, applying this product in between your thighs might be fruitless cos I think the reason for the discoloration is fat. Work out, lose weight. I say this in the most respectful way possible.
awww.......thanks a whole lot .....xo!
Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by 1ndidi2(f): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
Shollypopz: Lol, I don't know about the "in between laps" u mentioned.

Hello dear! I just had a. Bike accident and had it cleaned. Some. Hours ago!
Is there. Somthing to avoid. A scar or something I. Could use to reduce a scar?
Thanks Dear
Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
1ndidi2:

Hello dear! I just had a. Bike accident and had it cleaned. Some. Hours ago!
Is there. Somthing to avoid. A scar or something I. Could use to reduce a scar?
Thanks Dear

I'm not sure how deep your injury is but I'm assuming if you didn't go to the doctor, it was more like a bruise or a minor cut.
If I'm right, clean injury thoroughly with cold water and Lil bit of soap. Do not use hydrogen peroxide, (spirit) Rub Vaseline on it and cover with plaster.

It takes our skin x days to heal and rejuvenate. I think it's 28
20days<x<30days

You said you got this injury from a bike, so I'm assuming this injury was sustained in an area of your legs. Frankly, you are more than likely going to end up with a little scar because that area of skin is going to be under tension and pull from walking. Try not to go running and try not to stress the affected area too much.

Try to keep that area of your body protected from sun.
Also, get silicon gel sheets or just the gel from a pharmacist and apply on your wound daily before covering with plaster.

Do not peel your scab.

When you finally take off plaster, apply sunscreen SPF 40+ daily, in fact have the tube with you everywhere you go.

If you still have a scar and your wound has completely healed, apply fade creams twice a day. Types of fade creams I recommend : ambi fade cream, nadinola fade cream, Palmers skin success fade cream.

1 Like

Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by 1ndidi2(f): 4:50am On Apr 23, 2013
Shollypopz:

I'm not sure how deep your injury is but I'm assuming if you didn't go to the doctor, it was more like a bruise or a minor cut.
If I'm right, clean injury thoroughly with cold water and Lil bit of soap. Do not use hydrogen peroxide, (spirit) Rub Vaseline on it and cover with plaster.

It takes our skin x days to heal and rejuvenate. I think it's 28
20days<x<30days

You said you got this injury from a bike, so I'm assuming this injury was sustained in an area of your legs. Frankly, you are more than likely going to end up with a little scar because that area of skin is going to be under tension and pull from walking. Try not to go running and try not to stress the affected area too much.

Try to keep that area of your body protected from sun.
Also, get silicon gel sheets or just the gel from a pharmacist and apply on your wound daily before covering with plaster.

Do not peel your scab.

When you finally take off plaster, apply sunscreen SPF 40+ daily, in fact have the tube with you everywhere you go.

If you still have a scar and your wound has completely healed, apply fade creams twice a day. Types of fade creams I recommend : ambi fade cream, nadinola fade cream, Palmers skin success fade cream.

Thanks a bunch dear! Yea its a minor cut, ill try out all u said, preciate.
Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by tpia5: 4:54am On Apr 23, 2013
^ i thought you were asked to use honey on the other thread.

Is there a cogent reason why you cannot carry yourself to a health professional if indeed you have a wound?

why are you insisting on getting info or posting the fact on nl?

i assume you're the same person who posted this in health section earlier.

are you unable to be seen by a health worker?
Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by 1ndidi2(f): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2013
tpia@:
^ i thought you were asked to use honey on the other thread.

Is there a cogent reason why you cannot carry yourself to a health professional if indeed you have a wound?

why are you insisting on getting info or posting the fact on nl?

i assume you're the same person who posted this in health section earlier.

are you unable to be seen by a health worker?

Yes I am! Wot do u mean by"if indeed I had an accident" r u always this doubtful? Y would I lie about such? I opened the thread immediately I had d accident! Then I Remembered I saw something about scar removal on the fashion Thread.

Its a minor bruise and has been treated and I'm more concerned about the cosmetological aspect hence I took it to the fashion thread. Also I have already thanked sholly for the advice and I. Will do what she suggested.

So,thanks for the concern I won't disturb u no more.

(1) (Reply)

Quality European Blazer And Jeans Jacket / Men's Casual Leather Black Sneakers For Sale / Flawless Make Up Step By Step

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.