Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise (13731 Views)

My True Life Story On Finding An 11-Year-Old Lost Child - Chocolateme (Pics) / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by soldierAnt(m): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2013
@OP:

Distance is a bitch. That's what I blame. That said, your guy is also being a dick about it which I can totally identify with hehe.

The distance has really limited you guys as to what you can do to keep the flame burning. Relationships, in my modest opinion, need to be nursed like babies to keep them alive.

From the guy's perspective, maybe everything has gotten boring and repetitive, because it's very difficult to freshen things up when you are so far apart. Add to that, the absence of physical intimacy. In such a situation, a guy who really loves you and wants to be with you, would rise to the challenge and be inventive to keep things fresh. He would find ways to make those prosaic phone conversations more interesting, etc.

So if he isn't doing that, if he's not fighting hard for you, it means he had never really embraced the possibility that you were the one for him, or he has lost sight of those things that made him love you, and maybe he's had his head turned by someone or something else.

But I dont think hes necessarily cheating on you though, I just think his feelings were never really strong enough to withstand the test of distance. I also think he either knows what he wants and youre not it, in which case hes holding out for something better, or he doesnt know what he wants, and is just stringing you along while he figures it all out.
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by gajike: 12:35am On Apr 23, 2013
This guy did not love u anymore as I may think. But don't give up yet. Am suprise that u started mailing someone else on nairaland. The guy remmy might want to take advantage of ur situation to cook up his owm cork and bull story. Don't fall for it. And what if ur guy is reading this story. Don't allow ur emotion to complicate issue. As a mother my advise is to face ur career and move more closer to GOD. If the guy is for u he will fall back to track. If he is not GOD will send u better person. But firstly u have to rededicate ur life to christ because u hav go agaist HIS commandment. Don't allow the guy issue to derail u from ur career. Remember if anything happens u alone will bear the consequence.
From my experience if u force urself into this relationship ur marriage will never last and this is not good. Don't allow any guy to marry u out of pity if u want evalasting joy.

1 Like

Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by brilapluz(m): 1:18am On Apr 23, 2013
keeked:

what makes me keep going back?

- he is my first love ( i don't mean to sound corny), my first serious relationship.
- my fear that i can't get a better man (he's a really good guy)
- i lost my virginity to him.( before i met him, i was one of those 'no sex before marriage' people, now that i have given 'it' up to him and he's acting up, the thought of the potential trial and errors in the near future saddens me)
- my optimism (my hope that things can go back to how they were)

i can go on and on

the worst feeling is knowing the love you have for someone is not being reciprocated anymore.
As per the emotional manipulation part of your post, that is my fear. it's so glaring that i'm way into him more than he is into me. It even get me angry sometimes but oh well

Thanks.
my dear,d bolded is d very reason y sum men neva take any relationship seriously after s*xual intercourse(and contiuously)..u gave him ur 'most treasured asset' and now he is no longer commited sayn he is gettin 'choked'(choked indeed)..dis sud b a lesson 2 our ladies..u sud stick 2 ur' values' and 'beliefs' 2 d very end.sum manipulative dudes may cal u names but wil always respect U or even propose 2 u..@op,4rm all appearance,he wants 2 leave d relationship..u just have 2 count ur losses and save urself 4rm an impendin emotional breakdown..U have 2 more on..
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by brilapluz(m): 1:18am On Apr 23, 2013
keeked:

what makes me keep going back?

- he is my first love ( i don't mean to sound corny), my first serious relationship.
- my fear that i can't get a better man (he's a really good guy)
- i lost my virginity to him.( before i met him, i was one of those 'no sex before marriage' people, now that i have given 'it' up to him and he's acting up, the thought of the potential trial and errors in the near future saddens me)
- my optimism (my hope that things can go back to how they were)

i can go on and on

the worst feeling is knowing the love you have for someone is not being reciprocated anymore.
As per the emotional manipulation part of your post, that is my fear. it's so glaring that i'm way into him more than he is into me. It even get me angry sometimes but oh well

Thanks.
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by brilapluz(m): 1:31am On Apr 23, 2013
butta: I will suggest you move on with your life he is not into you anymore..it is normal for ladies to be emotional attached to guys espcially their first love and him being the one that dis...virgined you.. The honest truth is he has found someone new that interest him and you have to let go sooner the better for you and deal with it. Women should realise that when a man has gotten all he wants from a woman especially that thingy underneath. He has seen all there is to see about you after this nothing excites him anymore about you some tend to start to withdraw like what your guy is doing to you now the only reason for this is he has found somone new pls move on its game over
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
If you are in doubt though I could help you track him down and give you details of what he's been up to where he is

What the hell? What are you exactly?
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by brilapluz(m): 1:39am On Apr 23, 2013
keeked:

I have been secretly wishing for a different opinion. That is the beauty of the forum. Thank you.
I did blame myself. I said i am way into him more than he is way into me and the love is very one sided.

As per the arguments, they mostly stem from this 'you're chocking me' palava. I am used to how it used to be between us and he's obviously in a different place.

And are you saying I shouldn't leave even if it's obvious that the love isn't really mutual anymore?
dats a very gud question!
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by PrettySpicey(f): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2013
Keeked, I never like it when I hear a lady is forever crying and begging a man to stay with her, it's never a good sign.
Does he even love you and respect you?
Girl, if he's lost interest in you, there's nothing you can do other than to LET GO.
Think of yourself and honour yourself, value yourself. If you don't, he won't either.
Chin up, you can actually live without him.

1 Like

Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by FXKing2012(m): 10:09am On Apr 23, 2013
Tashamania:

What the hell? What are you exactly?
Truthfully, I'm not sure.
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2013
08029958006; letz start off wer u guys left...or add me wid cookingvirus in 2go letz repair ur heart. No time 4 long story
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by moffat(m): 11:05am On Apr 23, 2013
if u love ur man stay with him and stop sharing your relationship life with someone who will badly advise you, i'm into a distance relationship with someone too but it work well you don't expect everyday to be sweet always encourage conflict in other to know how strong u can address matters that relate to heart/emotions because d devil u know is better than the angel u don't know. No one is perfect wen it comes to this kind matter.

no long thing ---------- ASK ANYONY IN DIZ HOUSE WU AMONG THEM HAS A PERFECT RELATIONSHIP? shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by addyade: 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
Everybody knows the truth deep within them, usually we just need someone to validate it. u know whether this is good for you or not,so follow your heart love and do your best. visit for more info http://mytcube./2013/04/22/reading-the-other-persons-manual/
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by jasperkin(m): 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
winkif real on true love it wil leave u,bt if it not bye
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by Ogunsam(f): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
keeked:

This caught my attention. I forgot to add that he's older than me by far (asin by almost a decade).....

Thanks for your words.
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by Ogunsam(f): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
from all indications, it seems this guy doesnt want you again, so why wasting ur time? its better u move on with ur life and trust me better person is coming ur way, No man worth dying for.
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by Ogunsam(f): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
gajike: This guy did not love u anymore as I may think. But don't give up yet. Am suprise that u started mailing someone else on nairaland. The guy remmy might want to take advantage of ur situation to cook up his owm cork and bull story. Don't fall for it. And what if ur guy is reading this story. Don't allow ur emotion to complicate issue. As a mother my advise is to face ur career and move more closer to GOD. If the guy is for u he will fall back to track. If he is not GOD will send u better person. But firstly u have to rededicate ur life to christ because u hav go agaist HIS commandment. Don't allow the guy issue to derail u from ur career. Remember if anything happens u alone will bear the consequence.
From my experience if u force urself into this relationship ur marriage will never last and this is not good. Don't allow any guy to marry u out of pity if u want evalasting joy.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU REAL GOOD MA 4 DIS ADVICE.OOP U BETTER WISE UP!!!!
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
Truthfully, I'm not sure.

Then get a grip and run a check on yourself.

You work with the spirits?
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by joe4christ(m): 7:33am On Apr 24, 2013
Da Mayor: Sister, everyone here is advising you to throw in the towel. However, remember when youre crying at night, they will all be cozy with their boo's, and i bet many of them are worse 'mugus'(permit me to use that phrase), yet will come here ranting.
Dont compare your relationship to any other. Building is never easy, and the more expensive it is, the better. Im sure that boo loves you. He probably really just needs some space and you have to understand that giving him space doesnt mean he doesnt want to hear from you. Theres just cycles in life and this is just one of them. He'll come around i promise. The key is communication (sometimes people can actually talk but not communicate).
However i hope you are not pressurising him to make some kind of commitment. These things come in stages. if hes been with you this long, itll happen at the right time.

Shattap there, are u a learner?
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by umohmfonobong: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
girl this thing that is happening to you has happen to me but the other way round, my girl just left me for no good reason, and this is a girl i brought from calabar to warri when i was doing NYSC that is when i was surviving on my allowee, her both parent is let,and her educational background is very very low, but because of love i dated her for 10 years but now she pack out of my house rented and apartment, this is woman i brought from calabar to warri. and we were staying together, untill this happen, so what will people say, i am a graduate and she has not even finish secondary school, but she has a handwork which was why i never complain. but she ran away from my house, right now she is leaving along
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by debwealth: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Da Mayor: Sister, everyone here is advising you to throw in the towel. However, remember when youre crying at night, they will all be cozy with their boo's, and i bet many of them are worse 'mugus'(permit me to use that phrase), yet will come here ranting.
Dont compare your relationship to any other. Building is never easy, and the more expensive it is, the better. Im sure that boo loves you. He probably really just needs some space and you have to understand that giving him space doesnt mean he doesnt want to hear from you. Theres just cycles in life and this is just one of them. He'll come around i promise. The key is communication (sometimes people can actually talk but not communicate).
However i hope you are not pressurising him to make some kind of commitment. These things come in stages. if hes been with you this long, itll happen at the right time.

Abeg!! For so if she was ur sister, this is the kind of advice u will give en, how sad, there are no 2 ways to it, this are clear signs, how busy can a guy b that he wnt even find out time to call and moreover do u ever use the word 'busy' for ur love, oh! He is occupied yet he keeps hurting her wt words....if u know wat is good for u @OP, move ahead wt ur life, don't b too hasty to start anoda relationship n if he comes bk let him work for u so see if he is for real.
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by andyanders: 9:29am On Apr 25, 2013
Lady, I think you are giving too much for this relationship and in fact, it shouldn't be this way no matter what, unless you are not sure of yourself. Be confident and ask God for your love and man to spend your life with. You cannot force a relationship and from your explanation, I cannot see any good thing coming out of this as the man in question is using the word " You are choking me" as an excuse? Too bad.

Let him be and move n with your life and note that the taste of friendship is not the taste of marriage and looking for someone to be with for the rest of your life should come when you allow God choose for you. A man for you will only stand to correct your weakness and not to take advantage of your weakness to castigate you. How dear a man say " you are choking me"?
To me,give him a break and occupy your mind with something meaningful. You are a beauty of God's creation and if he doesn't love or like you, someone is out there to love you for who you are.
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by timothy44(m): 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
Saecula: This is a portent.
I think this kind of thing happens when one is in a relationship with someone one is not on a par with. When there are ginormous gaps in status and standing in life, it makes the suzerain dictate the tunes as opposed to both having a say in the relationship.
If this can be happening now, there is every tendency that it will be worse in future.
I guess you should learn to let go should the need arise.
One shouldn't force oneself to be loved.
==============
Again, everyone has the right to be happy, and if a person thinks that with you that is no longer guaranteed, let the person go.
====================
The greatest mistake you will make is to blame yourself for his departure when you are not the cause.
Never also think he left because you are no longer attractive, etc. Because anybody that wants to leave can easily come up with a flimsy excuse. Of course that's after examining yourself.
================
Also endeavour to work and improve yourself.
Cheerio!

debwealth:

Abeg!! For so if she was ur sister, this is the kind of advice u will give en, how sad, there are no 2 ways to it, this are clear signs, how busy can a guy b that he wnt even find out time to call and moreover do u ever use the word 'busy' for ur love, oh! He is occupied yet he keeps hurting her wt words....if u know wat is good for u @OP, move ahead wt ur life, don't b too hasty to start anoda relationship n if he comes bk let him work for u so see if he is for real.
you are very very right brooo
Re: My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dear poster, i hope you have started dating other men. Enjoy life just keep an open heart go out, converse with other men that come your way you don't need to break up with him just enjoy your life who knows while conversing,going to places with friends and other men, you may meet a better man. Just give yourself a chance.

I don't see him as a bad guy or something, he is just living his life and being human its you that is keeping your life on hold for him. He has told you the truth you are choking him so give him space and stop hurting yourself. I know you miss him a lot hey just keep dating and doing whatever you love doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Parents Vs. Your Dreams: Leaving The Shadow Of Your Parents / She Said My Father Touched Her. / How Can A Parent Tame A Delinquent Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.