Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (23862 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mintayo:

bros,i won't like to go into arguments with you...i won't even try and convince you because it is not my Job to do that...
But i want you know that God has given us the abilty to choose(either life or death).
Even at that we human will still complain if He choose for us(and i believ that what He tried to avoid).
God is omni-potent,Omni-present and Omni-science(dn't ask me to proof,cus i wnt).
He gave Adam a choice- and He ensure that He didnt interfare in His decision bcus He knew that Adam will blame Him jus as He did to eve if He interfares. (He even blamed God for given him eve)And Adam choice actually brought him consequences.
God knew the consequences and He told him...so it was left for adam to choose.
God knows what you will do in 20mins time and He knows the consequences or results too but He will not interfare...He will leave you to do it and the results will also come with it,imagine if he tries to choose for you and d results is bad,then you will continue to complain again that it was Him.(He had done that before and we made Him regrets it).

Also,God has offer us a gift; salvation through Jesus Christ.
Sin came to the world through Adam and salvation came through Jesus...and when we are born,we are born with a sin-ful nature,Jesus came to give us another nature-God's nature.
And God has given us the will to decide(choose) to accept His offer of salvation(Jesus Christ),but reject this also have consequence and He will not force us to accept it.

Make a decision today and accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour,tomorrow maybe too late.

Jesus loves You,I love you,
God bless us all.

He gave Adam a choice- and He
ensure that He didnt interfare in His
decision bcus He knew that Adam
will blame Him jus as He did to eve if
He interfares. (He even blamed God for given him eve)And Adam choice
actually brought him
consequences.

What?

He gave Adam "free-will", yet he knew Adam would betray him?

Bro, what do you understand to be "free-will" ??

Mind you, the bible clearly stipulated that even before God created the world, he already knew that Adam would fail him, and that he shall punish mankind for the sins of Adam. Infact he even knew that in 2013 you will be posting on Nairaland, as well as how you would live your entire live.

So tell me bro, how does all that go with "free-will"??
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
for the Religious people go to netflix and watch Zeitgeist:The Movie and shut the Bleep up you morons, you're slowing down our society.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by frank317: 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Homebaked:
I am just thinking aloud. God established a spiritual law which once violated required a blood sacrifice to make right. God is the founder of the spiritual law.God is grieved by the law's violation by man. God (Son)is the sacrifice. God is then appeased by sacrificing God (Son) to himself for the violation of the spiritual law He established.Still thinking.

...tinking too
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by frank317: 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
pls i want to know... is man suposed to defend God or is it God that is supposed to defend man. we seem to be doing all the defending for him... just asking
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
frank3.16:
pls i want to know... is man suposed to defend God or is it God that is supposed to defend man. we seem to be doing all the defending for him... just asking

God is obviously defenceless judging by how his son was killed by spear wielding Jews and Romans.

So I guess Today that we now have Ak-47s, Grenades, Nukes and an assortment of weapons, God needs to be protected now more than ever..

Either that or man is God and God is man, hence the reason for Man defending God, which is simply man defending himself.

The amazing part is that if Jesus had been killed today, he would have been killed by the electric chair or lethal injection, I wonder if christians would still pray with the Blood of Jesus.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
Lol
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
frank3.16:
Lol, Oga.. how you dey?

Okija_juju:

God is obviously defenceless judging by how his son was killed by spear wielding Jews and Romans.

So I guess Today that we now have Ak-47s, Grenades, Nukes and an assortment of weapons, God needs to be protected now more than ever..

Either that or man is God and God is man, hence the reason for Man defending God, which is simply man defending himself.

The amazing part is that if Jesus had been killed today, he would have been killed by the electric chair or lethal injection, I wonder if christians would still pray with the Blood of Jesus
Lol, make God no catch you on top Slaughter bridge... grin
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
To think of it,he died for three days,rose up and went to sit beside his father..wdf! He should have remained in hell for eternity for our sake....that would have been a perfect sacrifice .
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifeness: To think of it,he died for three days,rose up and went to sit beside his father..wdf! He should have remained in hell for eternity for our sake....that would have been a perfect sacrifice .

Or just kill satan, quench hellfire..

So much for sacrifice.. angry
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
Exactly
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Mintayo(m): 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Romans 3:22-26 (NLT)
22- we are made right with God by placing our faith in Christ Jesus. And this is true for anyone who believe no matter who we are.
23- for everyone has sinned;we have fallen short of God's standard.
24-yet God, with undeserved kindness,declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.
25-for God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrifice His life ,shedding His blood. This sacrifice shows that God was been fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned at the time past.
26- for He was looking ahead and including them in what He would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate His righteousness,for He himself is fair and just, and He declares sinners to be right in His sight when they believe in Jesus Christ.

Thank You Jesus.
Accept God offer of salvation today,tomorrow maybe too late.

God bles us all.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by tamarabu(m): 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Okija_juju: Jesus did not die for us, he was arrested and charged to court for high Treason and heresy, which according to the laws of the land was punishable by death under Section ### of the Roman Laws of the time.

Jesus decided not to go with the public defender but to represent himself in court. The first court dismissed the case against him for lack of proper evidence; the second court which was a higher court sentenced him to death.
Before his crucifixion, he had was about to be granted amnesty nut the people didn’t want him, so they granted amnesty to Barnabas and sent Jesus to the gallows.

Jesus died because He was a wanted man, who had evaded arrest for so long until he was caught slipping after one of his home boys went and snitched to the cops in exchange for money and immunity from prosecution. ..
that was really stupid of you..........next time just keep quite
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by GoodSamaritan: 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
He died on the cross to save mankind from hell.

Those who believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Unfortunately, those who do NOT believe in His death and resurrection shall end in hell fire.

Where you spend the rest of your life is determined by the choice you make while here on earth.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifeness: To think of it,he died for three days,rose up and went to sit beside his father..wdf! He should have remained in hell for eternity for our sake....that would have been a perfect sacrifice .

WORD!!!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Cityguy: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

and did you see him do all that or did you just blindly believe all that he told you through his book?
And I suppose u were thr when Hitler orchestrated the Holocaust! Or when Oduduwa came from wherever. Were u thr. U guys, chose whatever u want to believe in, its ur world and ur cup. Live and let's live.!!!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Mintayo(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
tamarabu: that was really stupid of you..........next time just keep quite

don't mind him,as if he was there,he can't even proof what he said.
Perishing soul.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
GoodSamaritan: He died on the cross to save mankind from hell.

Those who believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Unfortunately, those who do NOT believe in His death and resurrection shall end in hell fire.

Where you spend the rest of your life is determined by the choice you make while here on earth.

This is one of the biggest concept of deception.

Look at that picture, it came straight out of the human imagination to threaten, deceive, and control the minds of gullible people. That is the whole concept of religion.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mintayo:

don't mind him,as if he was there,he can't even proof what he said.
Perishing soul.

Are you stupid?!

You believe the bible abi?! The same bible that gives 4 different accounts of the same story, abi?! And yet you dont believe me.

Now who is the perishing soul?!

Ewu Ekwensu.. angry
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
GoodSamaritan: He died on the cross to save mankind from hell.

Do you also believe in Star wars and the Terminator?!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

Do you also believe in Star wars and the Terminator?!

Am sure he does.....lol
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by tew: 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ok I'm out of these nonsense from people who will never know what's its called to be in Christ.
If you have ever heard of these word "to the Unknown God", you worthless kind will never know him....that's why he regrets for creating man...

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
tew: Ok I'm out of these nonsense from people who will never know what's its called to be in Christ.
If you have ever heard of these word "to the Unknown God", you worthless kind will never know him....that's why he regrets for creating man...

Huh?!

Are you high on Jesus juice?!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by nabdeck(m): 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Well, according to an article i read sumtym ago it was stated dat dis historical jesus and all dat hapend was a fiction dat came up 2wards d end of d 2nd century. But all d same if we settle down nd study d so called christain bible we will find out dat actualy jesus died 4 his own sin, because he was proclaimin himself as d king of d jews, rememba dat no 2 king can rule a kingdom dat was d reason why herold was force to kill every newborn baby because he had dat a king has been born.so my felow N'landers i beliv if actualy he existd dat he died for his own sin
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Cityguy: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
house213: Ok oo, enough of your stories. Accept it or not.

We Choose To Believe It Is. A Big Deal With FAITH so what do you want to do about it..
I tire o! Taking panadol for another man's headache. If I choose to give 100% of my salary to Adeboye, Oyedepo, at least its mine and not anybody's and I can do with it my way. It all boils down to FEAR of what happens if this Christian 'fables' as some would like to see it as eventually happens to end up true shocked shocked shocked? Eternal damnation!!!. My free thinking and whatever thinking friends, thr will be enough time for you to engage God in question and answer sessions when u meet Him face to face. So, leave us mortals alone to continue in our 'illogicality' for now. E se o, adupe gaan ni.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by RuthIsaac(f): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
Fellow christains, and saints of God, beware of the DEVIL, DEMONS, and SATANS, in form of humans moving about SERIOUSLY looking for whom to DEVOUR. They are SERIOUSLY Looking for CUSTOMERS IN HELL FIRE. Becareful dont let any of them deceive you, or change your mind set.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by nabdeck(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
According to an article i read sumtym ago, it was stated dat dis historical jesus nd all dat hapend was a fiction dat came up 2wards d end of d 2nd century. But in my opinion i strongly belive dat jesus died for his own sin because he was proclaiming himself as d king of d jews. And u knw dat dey dnt have 2 kings in a community.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by tew: 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

Huh?!

Are you high on Jesus juice?!
Go high on your demonic juice...don't worry about ♍Ε̲...
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Rchemical(m): 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hello,why must u toy with things u dont understand,u've heard the gospel and u dont believe?cool..why must u all try to argue matters like this,if u think there is no God then stick to it...must u try to prove it just to justify ur way of life?its one of two things-believe or dont believe,if u are sure of what u are doing then u dont have to keep asking christian certain questions.Ive seen comments where people insult God directly and all i can do is pray that 'lord in ur wrath remember mercy'.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by frank317: 5:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, Oga.. how you dey?

i am getting a little bit better my brother... life wan tire person. i cant wait to get over this shiit i am going through.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
tew:
Go high on your demonic juice...don't worry about ♍Ε̲...

Why demon juice when you can just get high on weed?!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by tew: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

Why demon juice when you can just get high on weed?!
Check the hospital....it seems u need injections for some symptoms
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daprinzce: 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
I only pray dat d spirit dat gives understandin catch up with u guyz dat need it

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary / Rape Allegation: Fatoyinbo’s Grilling By Police Enters Day Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.