Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee (13187 Views)

Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Ama28(f): 6:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
Such a waste of life. Just last few weeks Nigerian government was writing beautiful report to present to the world on how they have achieved the MDG!

Mr Jonathan is busy deceiving himself! Our infant mortality rate is still getting higher by the day!
Imagine the amount of revenue Lagos state generates and yet there is no complete free medical scheme for the citizens!
This is a reported case many others go unreported! Our children die by hours due to PREVENTABLE cause iin Nigeria.

The thing is, the president has no interest in the health sector because its not aviation he uses daily and he doesn't receive treatment here! An educated leader indeed!
May their souls rest in peace, Amen

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by lawizle(m): 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
Sirniyeh: We should stop ascribing all blames to poverty! Who caused the poverty? Poverty is the product of the MIND. Every individual is the achitect of his destiny. So, thats the consequency of illiteracy. 9 months is too enough to prepare welcoming a visitor. Imagine, if all their offerings and tithes since 9 months were saved, they could have saved the babies from demise. But their pastor kept them in suspense that God will do miracle till after nine months that all proved abortive. All nine months prayers, tithes, offerings, pledges and fasting could not save the babies. Foolish parents. Na now their eyes go open! Abi na God's will for the babies to die like tha? Because na now den go dey preach say God sabi all........i cant pity them jare

Do you believe there's a God? Just like toh know cuz you sound like an Atheist.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Ama28(f): 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
rezzy: Ah, beautiful beautiful children, shai, see wetin poverty cause.
But come to think of if, So for the past 9 months, the man/woman hasnt been saving any dine for the arrival of their babies? I put all the blame on them.
Same thing happened in my area on friday. A woman gave birth at home as usual (she gave birth to all her four children at home) she gave birth around 2 am by 3 am, they noticed that the baby wasnt breathing well. After calling on the pastor to pray, pastor adviced her to take the baby to the hospital, she said no money. Till 9 am before she carried the baby to the hospital by then, the baby was so weak. The baby later died that same day.
What i kept wondering is her saying no money but i always see her go to her saloon shop and besides if the baby had survived she for wear new clothes do owanbe.

Am trying so hard to respond rationally to your post.
Do you know what it means to live on below one dollar a day?
Poverty means you barely make enough to eat talk more of SAVING!
The fact that they are expecting does not mean they might not have other mouths to feed. Do you know what most people in the slum do for a living?
I pity anyone who writes riding on the back of a high horse.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by tayus: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
if dem no fit buy 4k drugs nw au wud dey successfully feed nd raised d children, same thing wil stil hapn. it is a pity. RIP
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ignorance and not poverty is d root of all these.I no fit talk!they killed their children irespective of whatever hapnd at d hospital. Those children couldn't hv developd d sickness overnight! And I'm sure they were givin dem agbo(cause I've witnessed such).wen it was beyond them d now remenbad hospital.also they may hv cald their pastor to bind and cast,didn't they c d signs?pple don't enter their compd and must hv alerted them.de moved too late! Those babies if probably investigated died of whatever they were givin.shiit! Don't even no why I opened dis.it shook me to d core.hope its d normal nairaland superstory!

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Smooth278(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
mikeyhernadez: may god never forgive the doctor

May u never find forgiveness too... Where did u ever c or hear that a doc collectes money in a govt hosp Or did they say it was a private establishment D birth of a baby is nt a sudden thing, they had 9 solid months to prepare... Also they delivered at home... Triplet pregnancies r high risk and need specialized care and here u are blabbing away and yapping...

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
And Oledepo, Adebole andOlekunmiyi are all spending millions yearly on planes that they barely use. Immaterial tins, they are all smiling to the bank
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
Many of us rush to blame the parents for not being able to raise 4000 Naira, some would even call it meager. It is easy to say when we have eaten and we can afford to browse maybe with our phones and laptop. But you guys should known that HUNGER IS REAL, POVERTY IS REAL. I have been there and i have seen and mingled with those really down below that even as much as phone is common even a torchlight phone nor dey some family, Yes. It is real my people. All the cries about how the government has impoverished our lives is real and felt deep down by the real grassroots, those that can barely afford to eat a decent meal a day. It is easy to type and comment but i know that if the parents were to approach you on the street and beg for alms i know 80% of people would not even respond, half of those when go respond na with curse. I feel for the family and whatever circumstances that made them not to have 4000 Naira i pray the good Lord to turn their stories and provide for them. My people, hunger is real and poverty is real, this is the story. I have been there and i have seen it. E nor easy for Naija, it is all survival of the fittest. May God change our story for the better, If you have thank God and do not lambast those that do not have, nobody prays to lose a child!!! Peace
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
How would she have been able to take care of all three?

My condolences, btw
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Mortalelement: 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
CAN THIS HAPPEN IN THE WESTERN WORLD? NIGERIA HAS NO FACILITIES ON GROUND TO HELP THE LESS PRIVILEGE...WE HAVE SUPERANNUATED USELESS LEADERS WHOSE OBJECTIVES ARE TO EMBEZZLE OUR COMMON WEALTH.ALL THEIR CHILDREN THEY ARE LAVISHING THESE STOLEN MONIES ON MUST TURN OUT USELESS AND IRRESPONSIBLE.NO TWO WORDS ABOUT IT....A COUNTRY SO BLESSED BY GOD,BUT ITS CITIZENS ARE SUFFERING.OUR GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CARE....SHAMELESS LEADERS.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Teejayphillip(m): 9:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
hmmmmm,wat a great loss... We r all blamin d parents,callin dem all sorts of name... U beta tank God 4 ur own life n d lives of ur family n love ones....

I pray u dnt go tru wat dose pple went tru... Sum pple du menial job jus 2 feed demsef 4 a day,talkless of eatin 4 a week... D way u fink tis easy 4 u,aint easy 4 so mani pple...

Dough we mite rightly blame d parent aswell,bur whu knows if dey tried dia best sourcing 4 money,cos i dnt believe a gud parent will wanna watch dia children die in dia hands....

God help us and our beloved Country... Medical treatment r free in all our western world,likewise South africa tu....

Tis well
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
In such dire situation doctors at LASUTH/LUTH should have assisted the couple.

And those blaming the couple should know that no parent wish to lose his/her children and that the political class have so much mess-up this country to the extent that able hardworking men/women have been made paupers. And are we saying all our desires, business proposals, offers have always been accepted/approved even at times when we are so confident that we will clinch such deals? Cos we don't know what this couple must have gone through to be in such situation, probably they've had hopes of jobs, businesses, assistance that were not realised inspite of all efforts? Let's show some compassion please.

Unfortunately many are out there hoping and praying for such wonderful gifts from the LORD but govt officials failed to do the needful and would rather loot the treasury. I hope other states will replicate the Abiye program in ondo state where pregnant women have access to free delivery with phone lines for emergencies.

I wish the parents strenght to bear the loss and safe delivery to all expectant mothers!
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by daliki: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by daliki: 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
angry
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by daliki: 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Such sad story!!!
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by PastorAji(m): 10:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
Every belle na 1 anticipated 9 months Alejo which person should prepare for
But na knock for Raji head. If na IROKO syde the parents dey, this one no fit happen (ABIYE oooooooooo)
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Ndipe(m): 12:25am On Apr 24, 2013
When this happens, stop pointing fingers, a tragedy is a tragedy and instead of pointing fingers, either sympathize with the parents or simply move on. The death of a child is the worst tragedy for any parent to endure.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 24, 2013
Stupid people! I'm sure that birth is probably their 8th born or more from that family.

In Nigeria, the rich and middle class give birth to 2 children....makes sure they have good education and care, and the next generation becomes more successful.
Now to the poor.....one would think a poor family should give birth to just one child, do everything possible to take care of him/her and get her a good education so that the cycle of poverty won't continue. Not in Naija...the poor families are the ones who give birth to fifteen children, only for the children to become nuisance to the society!

And you say poverty won't multiply in Nigeria?
And you say the poor won't continue to get poorer while rich gets richer?
And you still blame poverty on government?

Dear Innocent Triplets, I'm actually happy that you guys went back to rest. You've just been saved from misery your parents would have brought upon you, your life & your future. That family do not deserve you, they do not know your worth....please continue to RIP jare!
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 24, 2013
greatgod2012: Those babies in the picture do not look like new-born babies, however, i pity the parents and i also think they were been too careless, atleast, the pregnancy took them solid 9 months or even more, before delivery, how come they have not made adequate health and delivery preparation for the delivery, even, if it will have to be at a maternity centre, atleast, it would have been better than the risy they took.
"oyun osu mesan ko ye ko bani lojiji"
May God console them....... Amen.
I stay in Mushin and I see people like this. They don't plan for the arrival of their children. You see them paying money for asoebi or going for parties in other states bit they have no plans for their future.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 24, 2013
Ama28:

Am trying so hard to respond rationally to your post.
Do you know what it means to live on below one dollar a day?
Poverty means you barely make enough to eat talk more of SAVING!
The fact that they are expecting does not mean they might not have other mouths to feed. Do you know what most people in the slum do for a living?
I pity anyone who writes riding on the back of a high horse.
It's not like these pple don't have money to spend o, they just prefer to spend it on mundane things. They don't save for medical emergencies because they so much believe in iya alagbo, nurse abele, and their small chemists. I have lived among them and I know how they behave. Even the ones who sell wholesale stuffs in d market that you would expect to have money still go through this same thing.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 24, 2013
Mortalelement: CAN THIS HAPPEN IN THE WESTERN WORLD? NIGERIA HAS NO FACILITIES ON GROUND TO HELP THE LESS PRIVILEGE...WE HAVE SUPERANNUATED USELESS LEADERS WHOSE OBJECTIVES ARE TO EMBEZZLE OUR COMMON WEALTH.ALL THEIR CHILDREN THEY ARE LAVISHING THESE STOLEN MONIES ON MUST TURN OUT USELESS AND IRRESPONSIBLE.NO TWO WORDS ABOUT IT....A COUNTRY SO BLESSED BY GOD,BUT ITS CITIZENS ARE SUFFERING.OUR GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CARE....SHAMELESS LEADERS.

Do people ignore ante-natal in the west?
Do people give birth at home in the west?
Do people give new born babies agbo when they get sick and wait till the situation is irredeemable before taking them to the hospital?
Do people give birth (at home for that matter) without going for post-Natal care after birth?

Face it dude, this is not about 'bad health structure' or government, Nigerians don't take their health issues seriously.
The Health facilities in Nigeria as of now is really above good! The point is, most death cases in Nigeria are not due to lack of facilities, but negligence and nonchalant attitudes of the victims.
Really pathetic

I can tell the bereaved family might not even be as sorrowful as we are sef. They prolly have like 6 or 7 children already and they'd prolly have another two before next year runs out. Smh

Nigerians have always and will always be their own problems
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by born7win(m): 1:31am On Apr 24, 2013
May the souls of the little ones rest in peace!

For the love of God, it is not a must that you have children. Children are expensive! If you can't afford to take care of them, don't have them.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by born7win(m): 1:34am On Apr 24, 2013
gratiaeo: Primitive!!! Nawaoo this kind of thing happening in Yoruba civilize land
This is why the dislike button is seriously needed.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Btruth: 2:09am On Apr 24, 2013
God will punish that Minister of health & the person wey appoint am. The 2 of them no go die well.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by TonySpike: 3:13am On Apr 24, 2013
Well, I don't know what to say. In a way, I feel like blaming the government in country where billions are budgeted for mundane things. In a sane society, pregnant women and mothers are top priorities in most hospitals. Of course, the government should subsidize health for her citizens, even South Africa does this. Nigeria is so messed up that the government does little to subsidize health for her citizens. Of a truth, if such a scheme/welfare were introduced too, Nigerians would surely abuse the system. In South Africa, there is an unusual boom in the teenage baby industry because of the monthly welfare. I reckon Nigerians might do far worse if this scheme is implemented. The real issue is this, our healthcare is in serious shambles. An overcrowded state like Lagos doesn't have enough facilities for everyone. Somebody mentioned that LASG should provide free medical treatment for its 18 million residents. This is simply impossible and unrealistic! Even states with population less than 3 million cannot do this!!! This is the more reason why states should be able to control their revenues. We must go back to the regional governments era to appropriately cater for these kind of things. The FG to me, is a big, redundant, money-guzzling and an irresponsible outfit with less that 40% efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Praktikals(m): 7:51am On Apr 24, 2013
It is easy for some people here to heap blames on the parent. But, please note that, no reasonable human being will not want to save adequately for the safe delivery of an expected child. God, please console the parents; and be our present help in times of need. This is sad.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by donaremu(m): 8:00am On Apr 24, 2013
I will not blame the parent, it just heartbreaking that all they could raise was N4000 naira.
I pity our health system because it is only in Nigeria that patient will be dying and doctors will be asking for registration fee, drugs fee etc.
My question is why are there no such drugs at the LUTH’s pharmacy? if LUTH is well equipped with all the needed drugs those babes will be alive today.
I know how things works in LUTH, I just lost someone very close to me recently that was admitted at the emergency centre but died because of the inadequacy our health system.
Our leaders promised us medical care for all but our hospitals are not equip with adequate equipment and kits, drugs are not even available at the hospital pharmacy, really this is SO SAD.
I feel for the parents of the babies, my God will console and comfort them.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by ayobase(m): 9:00am On Apr 24, 2013
speedyboi: Stupid people! I'm sure that birth is probably their 8th born or more from that family.

In Nigeria, the rich and middle class give birth to 2 children....makes sure they have good education and care, and the next generation becomes more successful.
Now to the poor.....one would think a poor family should give birth to just one child, do everything possible to take care of him/her and get her a good education so that the cycle of poverty won't continue. Not in Naija...the poor families are the ones who give birth to fifteen children, only for the children to become nuisance to the society!

And you say poverty won't multiply in Nigeria?
And you say the poor won't continue to get poorer while rich gets richer?
And you still blame poverty on government?

Dear Innocent Triplets, I'm actually happy that you guys went back to rest. You've just been saved from misery your parents would have brought upon you, your life & your future. That family do not deserve you, they do not know your worth....please continue to RIP jare!

Hmmmmmm!
"Are children not gifts from God?"

A word is enough for the wise!
U killed it!
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Amhappy(f): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2013
I thought there is something called emergency in hospitals. Last Xmas my colleagues younger brother collapsed and was rushed to a private clinic. The doctor does not know any of us but he started treatment on this guy that night. When the young man became a bit stable in the morning,he referred us to BMH. He called the ambulance with his credit and made sure the guy was taken away without even asking for a dime. He even pleaded with a particular consultant to attend to us. We came back and paid him later in the evening.
Why can't other hospitals do same though i must confess 'that doctor is an Angel'.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2013
[quote author=ayobase]

Hmmmmmm!
"Are children not gifts from God?"

A word is enough for the wise!
U killed it![/quote
We agree that children are gifts. Wisdom is profitable to direct. If someone gifts u an helicopter and you are earning 100k per month, would you keep it?. These people dont have money but they keep givivng birth to so many children. One would wonder why agberos are increasing in Lagos. Its as a result of givivng birth to kids you cannnot afford to cater for.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? / I Am Sad / What Do You Do When Your Husband Refuse To Pick Your Call Anytime He Is In D Clu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.