Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee (13186 Views)

Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Skywalker5(m): 10:14am On Apr 24, 2013
Reason why i don't blame people who travel out to give birth abroad. Is it that the hospital did not have the drugs to treat the babies or what?

They were told to go and buy drugs for the remaining babies.

IMHO, the fault is with the hospital. They should have at least try to save the remaining two babies. Telling the families to go and get drugs. what if they buy fake ones?
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Apr 24, 2013
[b]Na wah o!!

A man had simple s`ex with his wife, she ends up getting pregnant for 3 and people are here running their mouths off.

That article didnt tell us if this was their 10th child or first child. The only thing that we can all establish here is that they are a poor couple. The man may have bargained for one and got 3. How is that his fault?! For those blaming the parents, all I can say is that you should be thankful for your life and not judge others by your standards. None of us know this couple first hand or how they live or their level of exposure. The mother probably never knew that she was carrying triplets.

Lets put the blame where it should be and thats the government. They have failed us in so many ways. I did my NYSC in Obubra in Cross Rivers State, do you know how far away Obubra is from 'fairly decent' healthcare?! Atleast 40 minutes and thats going to Ikom. Lets not even talk about those who live in very hard to access places that need to cross water before getting on an Okada. Healthcare in Nigeria is utter rubbish. In the rural areas, we build 'Health centres' that cant even cure simple malaria, then we build big hospitals in the city that will not attend to you if you dont have the NHIS card or if you dont have money.

I can almost bet that she didnt attend any ante-natal, and if she did, they probably reffered her to a hospital where she and her husband knew they couldnt afford to go to. So she settled for the old method of traditional mid-wives (who are not totally bad), but in cases where complications from childbirth arises, they are powerless.

Lets not blame the grieving mother. If Nigeria were a working nation, that woman would have been on our radar long before her 3rd trimester. Shes just one in the several hundreds that have either died or lost their babies like her this year already and more will follow, and the reason is because in Nigeria, we have an acute short span memory.

[/b]
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by kandiikane(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2013
aanumama: i know lot of people will come here and blame the system(though its already rotten) but i think the parents are at fault,what kind of person still give birth at home in this age! i pity those kids not their useless parent.

Are you ok?
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Flygerian1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
Brb
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by eaglechild: 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
That picture is of 3 jaundiced babies undergoing phototherapy.
Not the victims.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by armadeo(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
[quote author=mikeyhernadez]may god never forgive the doctor[/quote

I wonder @ public display of ignorance. They went to a hospital who reffrered them to lasuth no bed reffered to Luth go and buy drugs what's the doctor got to do with this. Should the govt dr use his money to buy the drugs and pay for bed and treatment. Doesn't he have his own issues. Abeg some of u should think before u type.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by armadeo(m): 4:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
Smooth278:

May u never find forgiveness too... Where did u ever c or hear that a doc collectes money in a govt hosp Or did they say it was a private establishment D birth of a baby is nt a sudden thing, they had 9 solid months to prepare... Also they delivered at home... Triplet pregnancies r high risk and need specialized care and here u are blabbing away and yapping...

Didn't see this before I responded to the clown. Am very sure he didn't even read the story but just jumped to conclusion, waste of space
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by armadeo(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
Amhappy: I thought there is something called emergency in hospitals. Last Xmas my colleagues younger brother collapsed and was rushed to a private clinic. The doctor does not know any of us but he started treatment on this guy that night. When the young man became a bit stable in the morning,he referred us to BMH. He called the ambulance with his credit and made sure the guy was taken away without even asking for a dime. He even pleaded with a particular consultant to attend to us. We came back and paid him later in the evening.
Why can't other hospitals do same though i must confess 'that doctor is an Angel'.

I thank God for ur tale, the dr really is an angel however in nigeria the crooked will always spoil things for the straight. When people hear this they'll rush there expecting to get free treatment as if the man has no staff to pay or bills to settle. That being said kudos to u for going back to pay am sure looking @ u he was certain he'll be paid and no superstory.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by sucezTP(f): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
So, this actually happened at LUTH?! But, why didn't they seek for help from people around! So sad and painful!
Hmmmmmn, God's gifts! Many are willing to have them, but couldn't. Some have gotten them, but couldn't cater for them.
Well! I can't blame anyone for their deaths because its best known to God!
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by born7win(m): 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
@Okija_Juju

Even if they bargained for one, how can ₦2500 be enough for one child? Shouldn't they have been able to buy the drugs to save one of the three? I would love to have children too but I won't because if I did, they would suffer. I have to get myself together first.
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by enugu9990: 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
Silly nigerian culture that encourages popping out babies..

Listen, its straight forward.. Back then, the larger your family, the better chances you had of surviving in the community. It meant more people to farm, tend to the stock, go gather fruits, etc, so people had a lot of kids, and besides back then there were no condoms..

I just came from a wedding, and the ONLY thing EVERYONE said while wishing them well was "We will be back in nine months to see the baby"... New couples are basically FORCED to have babies.. Try staying married without having a child for a few years and see what people/in laws start saying..

Our gateman has 2 wives and 10+ kids, one of our drivers has 4 kids on a driver's salary..

I'm doing better than all these workers, YET, i dont even want to get married/have children yet because i honestly dont even think i can afford the best for one child. I want my child to NEVER lack, so ill just wait tll im 100% sure i have all the money i need..

Why are all these couples having children, if you doubt me, go to the worst slums in any state and notice the thousands of malnourished kids running around.

Bill gates has 50 billion dollars but the average nigerian pauper has more children than him..

I used to think its just lack of intelligence but now i know its a culture thing. I have seen married couples with PhD and no money, yet they have kids running around everywhere..

USE A CONDOM until you have enough money to appropriately care for a child. Dont bring a child into this world to suffer. If they cant afford N4,000, what makes you think the child had any chance of education or good food... SMH..

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has any reason to bring a baby into the world if they can't even properly care for themselves.. Im tired of seeing all these children suffer and beg for money on the street.

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by born7win(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
^
You have spoken well!
Re: Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 25, 2013
@ enugu...,u can reason wit ur head and not heart!untill we start doin so,it will continue!I hv a cousin dat has ten children!ten!whaat!!. To give birth no be moimoi and there is no govt teachin hospital dats not equiped with drugs.if u tell me there is delay in the service I will agree but go and buy drugs in luth,e get as e bi.maybe she didn't do scan but she know she will hv more than one.even churches help 2.its ignorance from d parents like I said b4 da kild those children!no sentiments!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? / The Origin: History Of Yahoo Boys / I Am Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.