Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,417 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists (1375 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Nigerian Air Force Strikes Boko Haram Terrorist’s Vehicle Workshop / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Dracula27: 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rivers State drama continues as Governor Rotimi Ameachi this morning ordered the sacking of the chairman and all the Councillors of Nwike's Local Government Area. His order issued this morning was carried out with immediate effect.
It is also being said that the government house is compiling a list of more people to deal with and a team has also been mandated to forcefully seize the property of certain opponents and demolish them using the land use decree.
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by talktimi(m): 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
Going to enjoy watching this in 3D grin
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by MrGlobe(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
Amaechi is entering into a fight he cannot finish. He should be very cautious now since he does not have a party to call his own!
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
.....and the battle line has been drawn! Jonathan versus Amaechi. Na who get power pass?
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Gbenge77(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
As The alleged cultist and the creek crook square up to each other,Nigerians continue to wallow in abject poverty.Of course the duel not about how to deliver the so called dividends of democracy,it all about self aggrandisement.Nigerians have an obligation to chase the creek crook to the zoo in 2015.Ditto for the Alleged garrulous Cultist supremo.
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Osama10(m): 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
Na wa oh, some people I know in Obio/Akpor LGA Council are in tears now because they have been sacked.

When two elephants fight the grass must suffer. cry

1 Like

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by rom1(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
Amaechi shld burn 4 all I care,he is 2 disrespectful 2 his citizens and his seniors,has 4 d sack dat small tin wike can handle dat..has 4 d amaechi govt,de shld hv it in mind what goes around comes around..na dem start first,na dem go cry last...

1 Like

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Dede1(m): 1:39am On Apr 23, 2013
State governors in Nigeria are showing signs of power-drunkenness and acute disrespect for rule of law. The governor of a state in Nigeria does not have any right to sack an elected local government chairman. By this same token, governors do have the right appoint local government chairman because the constitution has granted such position as elective one.

It is the same parallel to the relationship between governor and president. The idiotic shenanigans such as the action accredited to Amaechi of Rivers States give credence to the statement that Africans are not qualified to practice democracy.

By this same token, governors do have the right appoint local government chairman because constitution has granted such position as elective.

2 Likes

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by kokosheen(m): 2:42am On Apr 23, 2013
Dede1: State governors in Nigeria are showing signs of power-drunkenness and acute disrespect for rule of law. The governor of a state in Nigeria does not have any right to sack an elected local government chairman. By this same token, governors do have the right appoint local government chairman because the constitution has granted such position as elective one.

It is the same parallel to the relationship between governor and president. The idiotic shenanigans such as the action accredited to Amaechi of Rivers States give credence to the statement that Africans are not qualified to practice democracy.

By this same token, governors do have the right appoint local government chairman because constitution has granted such position as elective.

Well written. The points raised in your post are the reasons why I support the FG's bid to delineate the funding of LGAs from state government accounts. That being said, we all know FG's reasons are altruistic but at the end, it would favor the masses.
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Rhino5dm: 6:51am On Apr 23, 2013
Lemme get something right here, it's okay for Jonathan to manipulate the judiciary to frustrate Ameachi and wrong when Ameachi deploys the same method is dealing with defaulting disloyal subjects?

For those thinking Jonathan has some "Goodluck" following him should check Ameachi's profile. Mark my words, Ameachi is not your normal guy that you think you can easily destroy, Goodwill Orubube can testify to this.

1 Like

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Iykopee(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2013
amaechi is taking his arrogance to the extreme..but wait o, so its possible to sack an elected LGA chairman in nigeria by d governor of a state? Waooo dunno abt this.. What kind of democracy r we practicing

1 Like

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by rom1(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Lemme get something right here, it's okay for Jonathan to manipulate the judiciary to frustrate Ameachi and wrong when Ameachi deploys the same method is dealing with defaulting disloyal subjects?

For those thinking Jonathan has some "Goodluck" following him should check Ameachi's profile. Mark my words, Ameachi is not your normal guy that you think you can easily destroy, Goodwill Orubube can testify to this.
...my guy GJ didt do anytin 2ward dat case,it was d hand work of wike,due 2 disagreement btw brothers..has 4 ur ameachi he is finished and lookin 4 who 2 join me down..mi I gain anytin 4 all d stuff I stuff 4 him campaign..and point u shld always remember(de way u buy d goat na d way sale d goat) him enter tru court,so why nt believe in it bro..na wike bi d man oh so shine ur eye..

1 Like

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by rom1(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2013
Iykopee: amaechi is taking his arrogance to the extreme..but wait o, so its possible to sack an elected LGA chairman in nigeria by d governor of a state? Waooo dunno abt this.. What kind of democracy r we practicing
....yea he can..with power invested in him tru house of assemble..dt he had no serious reason 2 go dat far...
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by rooftech: 7:47am On Apr 23, 2013
amechi keep up.
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by ckkris: 7:59am On Apr 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Orubebe, now Nsirim, Wike, Odili, his own first cousin Omehia, plus Jonathan, enemies don de plenty o.
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by talktimi(m): 8:53am On Apr 23, 2013
You guys should leave GEJ out of this o, the wahala is between Nyesom Wike and Amaechi, the courts are still available for people who are still disatisfied. There's a belief in some quarters this fight is for the 2015 senatorial ticket both parties are fighting for.
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Rhino5dm: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2013
rom1: ...my guy GJ didt do anytin 2ward dat case,it was d hand work of wike,due 2 disagreement btw brothers..has 4 ur ameachi he is finished and lookin 4 who 2 join me down..mi I gain anytin 4 all d stuff I stuff 4 him campaign..and point u shld always remember(de way u buy d goat na d way sale d goat) him enter tru court,so why nt believe in it bro..na wike bi d man oh so shine ur eye..

Wike is a hunting dog pulled by the oga at the top.Jonathan is the one pulling the string just the way he pulled Orubube on Henry Okah's case but when he couldn't deliver with Orubube on Ameachi or when Ameachi threatened to exposed his several mansions around the world, they employed wike and Apkabio to do the dirty job. Again, Ameachi is not your normal sissy that you can easily fall like a chicken. Ameachi is firmly in charge of his territory.

Look, why do you think Asari Dokubo, Ateke Tom, Abiye Sekibo can not move a muscle in Rivers State? Saboma was a casualty of his stupidity. How do you think Ameachi was able to deliver the highest votes for Jonathan in last presidential elections? You are just naive about politics bro!
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by talktimi(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Wike is a hunting dog pulled by the oga at the top.Jonathan is the one pulling the string just the way he pulled Orubube on Henry Okah's case but when he couldn't deliver with Orubube on Ameachi or when Ameachi threatened to exposed his several mansions around the world, they employed wike and Apkabio to do the dirty job. Again, Ameachi is not your normal sissy that you can easily fall like a chicken. Ameachi is firmly in charge of his territory.
Look, why do you think Asari Dokubo, Ateke Tom, Abiye Sekibo can not move a muscle in Rivers State? Saboma was a casualty of his stupidity. How do you think Ameachi was able to deliver the highest votes for Jonathan in last presidential elections? You are just naive about politics bro!
There are some things you wrote here that smacks of surface knowledge, I just laughed but there's freedom of speech sha, let me not derail this thread.. grin

1 Like

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by rom1(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

...my bro then u dnt knw dey case well..I was in d believers team year back bt oga Bleep big tym,4get all dis big name u call,u and I knw dat amaechi been a gov. Of rv was secondly done by wike under a orth btw dem which ur amaechi has breach,so my guy GJ has nt he is jst doing his job..pdp is a family and has 2 settle it has one,bt ur gov with his strong head and pride of his wife and lord aka wnt let him..so pls do advice him 2 cam dnw and do has d party says..

2 Likes

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Rhino5dm: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2013
rom1: ...my bro then u dnt knw dey case well..I was in d believers team year back bt oga Bleep big tym,4get all dis big name u call,u and I knw dat amaechi been a gov. Of rv was secondly done by wike under a orth btw dem which ur amaechi has breach,so my guy GJ has nt he is jst doing his job..pdp is a family and has 2 settle it has one,bt ur gov with his strong head and pride of his wife and lord aka wnt let him..so pls do advice him 2 cam dnw and do has d party says..

Lemme reel out the modus operandi of the PDP ala central government led by Jonathan in dealing with disloyal subjects for you.

First they will anoint a light weight in the state and use PDP NEC or "kangaroo" court proceedings to dissolve the state caucus loyal to the governor and replace them with excos loyal to the newly anointed one, next they will remove ministers nominated by the governor and replace them by people loyal to their newly anointed one.

They will try using supreme court judgment to remove you from office over some concocted lies or trumped up charges.

They will try using the speaker of the state house of assembly for an "arrangee" impeachment.

They will try denying you PDP ticket at the next governorship primaries incase you are going to re-contest.

Murtala Nyako, Jashua Dariye, Timipreye Sylva are all victims of the same system. . . .And if you are not too strong they use Efcc to intimidate you (Boni Haruna, Peter Odilli) and of course, they can even eliminate you like Funsho williams or Steven Akiga(aspirants)

While you are at it, can you please explain to me why a case involving someone who didn't even contest the outcome of the rivers state PDP caucus elections was suddenly instituted 7 months after the election and a verdict was hurriedly passed? Some how some how, this happened mysteriously when Ameachi is having problem with Jonathan over 2015?
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by Rhino5dm: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2013
talktimi: There are some things you wrote here that smacks of surface knowledge, I just laughed but there's freedom of speech sha, let me not derail this thread.. grin

Surface knowledge? You are deluded.
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by talktimi(m): 11:48am On Apr 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Surface knowledge? You are deluded.
"deluded" that's quite impressive coming from a rhinoceros tongue
Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by ckkris: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

First they will anoint a light weight in the state and use PDP NEC or "kangaroo" court proceedings to dissolve the state caucus loyal to the governor
D[/b]
The same judiciary that installed Amechi, through the shortest ruling in the history of Nigeria, is now a ' kangaroo court '. Please RESPECT.

1 Like

Re: Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists by rom1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Lemme reel out the modus operandi of the PDP ala central government led by Jonathan in dealing with disloyal subjects for you.

First they will anoint a light weight in the state and use PDP NEC or "kangaroo" court proceedings to dissolve the state caucus loyal to the governor and replace them with excos loyal to the newly anointed one, next they will remove ministers nominated by the governor and replace them by people loyal to their newly anointed one.

They will try using supreme court judgment to remove you from office over some concocted lies or trumped up charges.

They will try using the speaker of the state house of assembly for an "arrangee" impeachment.

They will try denying you PDP ticket at the next governorship primaries incase you are going to re-contest.

Murtala Nyako, Jashua Dariye, Timipreye Sylva are all victims of the same system. . . .And if you are not too strong they use Efcc to intimidate you (Boni Haruna, Peter Odilli) and of course, they can even eliminate you like Funsho williams or Steven Akiga(aspirants)

While you are at it, can you please explain to me why a case involving someone who didn't even contest the outcome of the rivers state PDP caucus elections was suddenly instituted 7 months after the election and a verdict was hurriedly passed? Some how some how, this happened mysteriously when Ameachi is having problem with Jonathan over 2015?
...why do sound like if u never knew hw govt amaechi bi came a gov. In rv,it was tru dat same court..did u knw dat d hv shared d 2015 office within dem..G.U ake 4 ambassador,his first son deputy gov of rv,amaechi senator..if can remember dat senate was suppose 2 bi 4 wike.so if u dnt knw dats were ever tin started frm,disagreemet btw 2 friend which nw gv away 2 FG 2 hit mi hard due 2 his disrespectful behavoiur

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ghana President Slams Nigeria For Allowing Corrupt Politicians To Escape Justice / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Is At It Again / President Goodluck Jonathan’s Nigeria’s 53rd Independence Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.