Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Bros, What Do You Really Want? Part 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bros, What Do You Really Want? Part 1 (542 Views)

Bros Shina (short Story)-weekend Special / <<THE UNDERCOVER AGENT¤¤Part 1 & 2>> / Bros, What Do You Really Want? Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bros, What Do You Really Want? Part 1 by PersonalBlogger(f): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
http://www.frediliadtruthuncensored.com/2013/04/bros-what-do-you-really-want.html
Homo sapiens are so complicated that one cannot fully grasp the complexity of the thoughts that go on in their heads (not exempting myself). Some humans sometimes display attitudes like those of the cunning tortoise in the funny stories our grannies used to tell us. Some get you so confused that when they tell you 'you look good' you have to check to see if your lip stick isn't bleeding. Why am I saying this?

Stacey and I are Catholics and we worship at the same church. She always sits with her boyfriend in church and most times after mass, they meet at the car park before they part ways. Stacey doesn't belong to any society or organisation in church; she is the Sunday only type and prefers to assist financially. Reason is she doesn't really fancy the parish, as she claims that it is too local and the members are too dull for her liking. Stacey is one crazy and wild 'homo sapien' who just loves to do her thing as she pleases, one of the reasons I love her. It is the parish her family goes to and it is the closest to their house-it is a norm for them to go to church as a family and anyone who does otherwise would see the wrath of their father. Her plan is to endure till she moves to a new area through the avenue of marriage to her dear boyfriend, then seek a livelier church. Her routine for now is: come to church on Sunday--sit beside her love + listen to the sermon--say hi to close friends (me inclusive) after the mass--meet her bf at the car park--head home with her family.

Some weeks back, Stacey started drumming into my ears that she was interested in joining an organisation in the church for young workers. I was shocked that my sister from another mother was considering joining an organisation in the church she considered not happening. So I asked her what inspired the decision. She revealed that one of their members, a young man, had been persuading her to join them and she thought it would be a great way to offer her time to God. I had seen her with the dude twice or three times. She said the group met just once in a month which was convenient for her and it was a group she could easily fit into since she is a young working class lady. Although she said she was still contemplating and hadn't give the young man her final answer, but she was likely to say yes. I was happy for my sweet friend and encouraged her to join the group.

The following Sunday was their meeting day; unfortunately, Stacey wore her super high-heeled shoes and couldn't wait behind for the meeting, as she couldn't do the commercial busventure in her stiletto heels. Also, considering that she had to trek some distance on the bad untarred road to get a bus, staying behind for the meeting was totally out of it. To top it all, her Saturday was full of activities and she needed the whole of her Sunday for proper rest and recuperation. She went home with her parents instead. This made Stacey rethink her joining the group as she said she didn't want to make commitments she wouldn't keep.

The next Sunday, this young man stopped Stacey as she was going to meet her boyfriend at the park. He asked her why she didn't make it to the meeting and if she was still interested in becoming a member of the group. Stacey said she gave her honest answers and excused herself since her boyfriend was waiting for her. She said she noticed that she practically had to shut him up and walked away hurriedly because it seemed like he was prepared to occupy her with his preachings on why she should become a member. She said she thought that was it from Mr you-need-to-join-our-organisation until she noticed it was becoming his habit and he was trying to force his way into her precious routine.

She said this dude wasn't taking no for an answer and was acting as if he was sent on a mission to recruit her. As a result, she just played it cool and polite since it was a spiritual matter and each time promised to give it more thought. However Stacey said she had enough of it last week because the dude had overstepped his boundary.
To be continued...
Check out my blog http://www.frediliadtruthuncensored.com/ for other interesting/inspiring posts! Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/frediliamomodu I will follow back!

(1) (Reply)

May Poem / Emily Dickinson Is America’s Best-known Female Poet / If I Was President For A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.