Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Bros, What Do You Really Want? Part 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bros, What Do You Really Want? Part 2 (594 Views)

Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Bros Shina (short Story)-weekend Special / Bros, What Do You Really Want? Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bros, What Do You Really Want? Part 2 by PersonalBlogger(f): 11:55pm On May 02, 2013
From my personal blog-D Truth Uncensored
http://www.frediliadtruthuncensored.com/

and the story continues...

Stacey's boyfriend travelled for two months and she had missed him terribly. He came back last two weeks to spend three weeks with her, meaning her routine was back to normal for three weeks.

On Sunday, the second week of Stacey's bf's arrival, this bros as usual accosted Stacey after the mass just as she stepped outside the church building and tried talking her into joining the young workers' organisation like he had been doing for a few weeks now. Stacey said she didn't waste any time in telling him that someone was waiting for her while pointing to her boyfriend. He looked, saw her boyfriend from afar, and said "Oh! he is around!" She said she ignored him and continued walking towards her boyfriend. Then he made another comment that annoyed her, "what else do you want to talk about? Haven't you said enough in the church?" But she said she gave him the what-the-heck look and said nothing. More annoying was the fact that he refused to let her be and kept following her as if he was programmed to do so. He also kept on talking like he had no control over his tongue.

Stacey said she couldn't walk fast because she was on high-heels and the car park covered with gravel didn't make it easier. Since it was the end of mass, everywhere was crowded with people trying to leave the church. Also, car owners were moving their cars out of the park, and before she moved a short distance she would hear the honk of a car alerting her to halt for them to move out which she had to obey to avoid being hit. This gave this brother the opportunity to talk more and he made sure he utilised it. He said things like, "why don't you want to join the group? You will meet people just like you. I know it is not easy but it is just one Sunday in a month. You can make it; I know you don't work on Sundays. God gave you that job, don't let it hinder your serving Him. He can also take it away you know, what would you do then?" Bla bla bla he went.

Stacey said that even though she fought the urge to yell at him, she realised that he began to make sense and she nodded in agreement until she heard him say, "It is not all about money, you need to dedicate your time to God. I don't like the idea of people showing off before giving. If I want to donate in church, I do it silently, I don't take a mic and announce." Stacey said she cut him short at that point because he had touched a sensitive part of her. How dare he accuse her falsely! Who even gave him the right to interfere with her spiritual life? He had no right to tell her how to serve God. (The Stacey I know doesn't even publicize her donations, so I also wondered where he got his fact from.) Stacey said she got caught up trying to defend herself and by the time she looked in her boyfriend's direction, she saw him storming away. At the same time, she saw her siblings beckoning her to get into car. At that moment, Stacey said she felt like the world's dumbest idiot. She said she immediately called her boyfriend and started apologising. He was mad indeed and she felt really really bad.

To her surprise, when she got home, her mum called her and admonished her for what she did. Her mum said she saw her boyfriend waiting for her and she watched him as he waited patiently. She said her mum told her that she should have excused herself from the other guy to meet her boyfriend. She narrated to me that when she explained to her mum that the other guy was really engaging her with church tinz, her mum laughed and told her not to be deceived. In her mum's words, "Which organisation? Don't you know men can be funny? What if he is interested in you and is just using church to cover up? Didn't he see your boyfriend waiting for you? A guy with good intentions would have respected you and given you space. Make sure you don't act like that again! How do you think your boyfriend would feel? Put yourself in his shoes...next time tell that guy off ok!"

Stacey called me on the phone to tell me the above but I invited over to get the full gist. She came over in the afternoon and gave me the gist proper. She said she acknowledged the truth in what bros said about dedicating time to God, but the fact that he didn't respect her space and her boyfriend's presence got her mad because she kept on telling him someone was waiting for her. Worse of all, her boyfriend left in anger when he saw her family getting into the car ready to leave. Her bf had waited too long and people kept asking him why he was waiting and who he was waiting for. Well, I didn't have to ask him because I knew why. I actually saw him waiting and just said hello to him since we had talked inside the church. He smiled back like nothing was wrong...real gentleman I must confess. I even saw Stacey and the silly young man chatting and just shook my head. She jokingly said I should have dragged her away when I saw her.

As she complained about bros' attitude, she screamed all of a sudden like she had an epiphany and said aloud "that guy is a chameleon. He is just jealous seeing me and my bf together. He is just looking for an avenue to get closer. Maybe he wanted to ask me out before my bf came into the picture and now he is regretting why he didn't make a move so he wants to spoil it for me. No be organisation at all jare! No wonder! Ahn ahn! Every blessed Sunday he would be pestering my life, na only me dey that church! I must finish him next Sunday. If he dares cross my path, he would hate the words that I would lash out. In short I cannot wait till Sunday, I will call him."
To be continued...

(1) (Reply)

Nosferatu / You Can't Study In The U.S. Without Reading Achebe / The Bloody Christmas Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.