Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? (19418 Views)

Are Professional Courses Really Important / Professional Courses / Pls, How Recognised Is This Academy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 02, 2013
4tunebest: Please I really need to know 'cos 'am thinking of one before the end of this year; I want to know if it would be worth it as it is quite expensive, although the school is in the United States. I would appreciate your contribution.

ok
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by tolutweety(m): 9:54am On Sep 02, 2013
authe911:

ok
What is ok ? tongue
Provide ansa joor for d guyundecided
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by 4tunebest(f): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2013
I have all the answers I need. I started the course few months back.
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
What is the name of the school... I am also looking in for another one.
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by 4tunebest(f): 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by jt2010: 8:47am On Oct 05, 2013
Plz tell us ur experience now. .. So that some people can know
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by 4tunebest(f): 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
jt2010: @crazyman, u response why d online program will not be recognized is best described as total nonsense and shows u know little abt what u are talking abt.

It take serious efforts and time management skill to be an online student. Mind u all student school works like assignments and course works are submitted via turnitin which check that the work are student original work and not stuff copied from d internet. If d turnitin shows more than 30% are copied work. It is automatic F. So tell me how many nigeria university are or can maintain high level of academic standards. Plz alway check ur facts before u put them out in public forum. Op, also check out university of liverpool. They offer well structure online program and ur certificate will not carry any online or distand learning reference.

This is 200% accurate. Nothing good comes easy indeed
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by Hayormeekun: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
@Iphyzi...inspiring comments u v got there.

I am new here and I have been enlightened on the online programmes through this forum. I intend enrolling for an online course, AA-ISP course to be precise, in order to improve my chances of getting a better job. I am now confident to go ahead.

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by greatgeo(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
gistme24:

No sir, online degrees do not carry any such differentiations. Same way no part time degree bears such a mark.

Sir, online degree is actually considered to be more difficult because of the level of commitment and dedication needed to complete the course. Most require you spend not less than 30hrs a week teaching lectures. The only difference is that it is at your own time .

Easy? Most certainly not. If it is from a reputable school with the normal campus / student settings, then the only difference is the means of delivery of the lecture, their course content for online and normal student is the same.
Also, employers don't care if its online or not, in as much as you can defend it and prove your worth.
The major issue is your inability to partake in the NYSC
To add to what you have just said online cert or school is more difficult then the normal university am currently taking one and I must tell you (you must sit down and read your material if not forget it)its not like the nor mal university I have also been there .you can't even sort any tutor because your exams will be mark and you get yo ur result immediately so pls don't go there
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by greatgeo(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
gistme24:

No sir, online degrees do not carry any such differentiations. Same way no part time degree bears such a mark.

Sir, online degree is actually considered to be more difficult because of the level of commitment and dedication needed to complete the course. Most require you spend not less than 30hrs a week teaching lectures. The only difference is that it is at your own time .

Easy? Most certainly not. If it is from a reputable school with the normal campus / student settings, then the only difference is the means of delivery of the lecture, their course content for online and normal student is the same.
Also, employers don't care if its online or not, in as much as you can defend it and prove your worth.
The major issue is your inability to partake in the NYSC
To add to what you have just said online cert or school is more difficult then the normal university an currently taking one and I must tell you (you must sit down and read if not forget it)its not like the normal university because I have also been there .you can't even sort any tutor because your exams will be mark and you get your result immediately so pls don't go there o.
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by Dpros(f): 9:02am On Nov 05, 2013
Take a bold step in your career and join any of our career building training programs at DGR Consult ( www.dgr.com.ng ). we have Flexible Engineering Soft-Skills Training Programs to suit your level and at a very affordable rate..

YOUR BENEFITS
1. A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
2. WORKING MATERIALS ON ANY OF OUR COURSES
3. COMPREHENSIVE MANUALS TO AID FURTHER LEARNING
4. ONE-ON-ONE INTERACTION WITH THE INSTRUCTORS.
5. FREE ONE DAY REFRESHER CLASS AFTER YOUR TRAINING

All our training packages are 99% practical with real life illustrations delivered by practicing engineers/consultants, with very comprehensive training materials/manuals. Don't miss this chance!
call us today and book for your training.
contact

Tel: 08037916993 or 07052856858

DGR Training Center
suite B6b, 24 road Plaza,
24 road, Festac town, Lagos.

or log on to www.dgr.com.ng for more info
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by ifyble(f): 6:31am On Nov 06, 2013
Experience is d best teacher, online certification is quite okay, I am advising u to carry on, 4 more info call 08059321115
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by cyberuzo(m): 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
Thanks for this info, guys... I'm also really interested in getting my masters through the online route... And this thread has really enlightened me on this. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by vanosky: 3:15am On Jun 08, 2015
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by rasmed: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
fdl:
please can i know why my post on coursera was hidden. i have been doing some coursera courses and that was an honest advice . if its against ur rule its ok but please i need to know why cos i am yet to know the exact reason.
coursera courses are recognised because they partner with reputable universities in USA including professional bodies like IBM, GOOGLE. although the certified will be lssued by foreign university and signed by scholar s / instructor of the university and verified for ID purposes by coursera.
just finished forensic accounting and fraud examination course ...5weeks program
Re: Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? by realonebizschl: 5:14pm On Feb 13

Realone Business School Online Course In Nigeria offers programs that are recognized nationally and internationally.

Visit - https://realone.pro/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Career Options For A Lawyer Migrating From Nigeria To Canada? / Work From Home Wahala / I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.