Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Cbn Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Dispels Rumour That Okonjo Iweala Is Pursuin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cbn Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Dispels Rumour That Okonjo Iweala Is Pursuin (563 Views)

Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation / Presidency Reacts To Rumour That Buhari Received Money From Dasuki / Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cbn Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Dispels Rumour That Okonjo Iweala Is Pursuin by zakkyboy: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
Some Diaspora Nigerians had a Media Chat with the Nigeria Economic Team here in Washington yesterday and the issue of allegations of ethnic agenda against Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala came up.

This is what Sanusi Lamido Sanusi had to say;

''I cant understand these people, I was the one who came to Washington DC and got in touch with Mustapher Chike-Obi who was in New York to come and head AMCON. I took it upon myself to search for him because when we were at Kings College he was one of the most brilliant chaps that school has ever produced and while at Goldman Sachs, he excelled. He is world class, so I decided to bring him back to use his wealth of experience in Investment Banking to serve his fatherland.

Ngozi has nothing to do with this.

On Kingsley Muoghalu who is one of my Deputies at CBN. I also went to London to poach him, the guy is good,he knows his onions, and I dont care which part of Nigeria he comes from.This was done even before Ngozi joined the government,so how can she be responsible for this''.

Nigeria is becoming such an interesting place that anything anyone does, must have an ethnic colouration or a hidden ethnic agenda.People do not understand what diversity means, says Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Responding, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said that of all those appointments they are accusing her of influencing, only two was approved during her tenure as Finance Minister,others have either been appointed or has the process of their approval endorsed by the government before she joined this government. And on those two that were approved, the process were handled by the respective Permanent Secretaries on the order of the President.

On the sacking of the NEMA spokesperson who was used to start all this, she said she has no hand in that.That there are standing civil service rules every civil servant must abide with and you dont work for government and at the same time using your position to attack the same government openly when there are available channels to address your misgivings. According to her, Shuaibu's superiors simply followed laid down rules, a comment that former Minister of Finance and presently Nigeria's Executive Director at the World Bank, Mansur Mukthar agreed with.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/cbn-governor-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-dispels-rumour-that-okonjo-iweala-is-pursuing-ethnic-agenda

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Revolution And The Apolitical Church / Police To Quiz River Speaker, COS Over Plot To Assassinate Amaechi / Newspaper Houses Bombedfor Insult On Mohammed —bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.