Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Jaguar Xtype Series - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jaguar Xtype Series (1527 Views)

Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) / Which Is Better 2004 Bmw 745li Or 2005 Jaguar Xtype???? / Jaguar Xf Or Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaguar Xtype Series by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hi guys? What's the matter with jaguar x-type series that it is so few on our highways. It is so flashy and cool but cheaper than all these e.o.d and D.c (honda) does anybody know how cheap and available the parts are, and how rugged it is. Is the cost of maintenance okay?
Will appreciate ur replies
Re: Jaguar Xtype Series by Fogman(m): 5:02am On Apr 24, 2013
RUN RUN RUN
Re: Jaguar Xtype Series by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 24, 2013
Tnx a bunch guys. I might just go for the accord 08 or 09.. I hope I made a good choice?
Re: Jaguar Xtype Series by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
First of all it's nt X-type buh S-type.It's seen where i leave especially with the dark blue colour.tis mostly V6 engine and its made in the UK.maybe the japanese Craze in terms of fuel consumption and availability of parts.also cox tis a 6-cylinder some V8's though,the engine is more easier to repair than the 4-cylinder.If i may ask how many times do U still see a land cruiser on Nigerian Roads?
Re: Jaguar Xtype Series by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Bossforeva: First of all it's nt X-type buh S-type.It's seen where i leave especially with the dark blue colour.tis mostly V6 engine and its made in the UK.maybe the japanese Craze in terms of fuel consumption and availability of parts.also cox tis a 6-cylinder some V8's though,the engine is more easier to repair than the 4-cylinder.If i may ask how many times do U still see a land cruiser on Nigerian Roads?

Chief, u aint ryt on this one... There are X-types and S-types! The x-type is a badge engineered ford mondeo with an upscale interior.there's even a wagon variant! It was meant to rival the E46 bmw 3series,W203 mercedes C-Class and first generation lexus IS. It was primarily available as an AWD...jaguar is considering making a RWD-based successor. The S-type is bigger than the X-type, with a retro-themed design.it shares its RWD platform with the lincoln LS and was meant to tackle the volvo S80,Bmw 5series,merc. E-class,Saab 9-5 and Audi A6 in the mid-level luxury car segment. The jaguar XF, its successor, is technically an S-type underneath - because it uses a heavily modified version of the S-type's platform with Ian Callum's new design language for modern day Jags.
Re: Jaguar Xtype Series by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
platinumricky:

Chief, u aint ryt on this one... There are X-types and S-types! The x-type is a badge engineered ford mondeo with an upscale interior. It was meant to rival the E46 bmw 3series,W203 mercedes C-Class and first generation lexus IS. It was primarily available as an AWD...jaguar is considering making a RWD-based successor. The S-type is bigger than the X-type, with a retro-themed design.it shares its RWD platform with the lincoln LS and was meant to tackle the volvo S80,Bmw 5series,merc. E-class,Saab 9-5 and Audi A6 in the mid-level luxury car segment.
Ricky he said he might be settling down 4 the X-type which is not in the same segment and nt at all related 2 the accord.So tis more Logical comparing the S-type 2 d accord than the X-type.
Re: Jaguar Xtype Series by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Fogman: RUN RUN RUN

Posts like this are no good to anyone. Rather than simply say "run", why not expand on why a particular brand / model shouldn't be bought?
Re: Jaguar Xtype Series by Fogman(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
Siena:

Posts like this are no good to anyone. Rather than simply say "run", why not expand on why a particular brand / model shouldn't be bought?

Siena, i m not grounded in such issues, but my post is based on the experience my neighbour had with this car. He brought this car from Europe when he relocated to Nigeria and in less than 8 months he sold the car for just N400k to his mechanic, after issues upon issues. Also, replacement parts are very pricey, so it is not an economical car to use here. Reason why the car does not have a second hand value

(1) (Reply)

My Camry Miss Fires / what to do when your car wont start! / Over Heating Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.