Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Jaguar Xf Or Audi - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jaguar Xf Or Audi (37538 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaguar Xf Or Audi by AloyEmeka9: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2009
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by platinumnk(f): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2009
Audi hands down cheesy
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by violent(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
Its called Jaguar for a reason, dont get it twisted
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2009
Audi is the father.
Jaguar aint bad though.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2009
Both cars are not directly comparable - the Jaguar is a 4-door saloon, while the Audi A5 is a 2-door coupe.

A better comparison with the Jaguar XF would be the Audi A6 C6.

With Jaguar being owned by Ford now, build quality is not what it used to be, as disgruntled owners have attested.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Fhemmmy: 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2009
Siena:

Both cars are not directly comparable - the Jaguar is a 4-door saloon, while the Audi A5 is a 2-door coupe.

A better comparison with the Jaguar XF would be the Audi A6 C6.

With Jaguar being owned by Ford now, build quality is not what it used to be, as disgruntled owners have attested.
Very true, When i used to have the S-Type . . . even thought the style was kool, u could tell that the performance aint what it used to be
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2009
There is just something you cant take away from the Jaguar; The Jaguar. Its straight luxurious and better build quality. The Audi is trying to image up as the luxury arm of VW, they are of very strong quality and unique designs though, BUT this is a tough choice.

I'll take the Jaguar, because at this level of pricing and design, they will end up having almost the same problems and non-problems. BUT I will simply think of it as you asking me to pick between a JAGUAR and an AUDI - Do the maths
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Fhemmmy: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2009
Onwan:

There is just something you cant take away from the Jaguar; The Jaguar. Its straight luxurious and better build quality. The Audi is trying to image up as the luxury arm of VW, they are of very strong quality and unique designs though, BUT this is a tough choice.

I'll take the Jaguar, because at this level of pricing and design, they will end up having almost the same problems and non-problems. BUT I will simply think of it as you asking me to pick between a JAGUAR and an AUDI - Do the maths

Hahahahahahaha.
In terms of power, Audi, na father
In terms of handle, Audi na father
In terms of Durability, Audi na grandfather
In terms of resale value, Audi is great
In terms of design, Audi won

In terms of being a ride, Audi is just the best.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Fhemmmy

I respect your views.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Fhemmmy: 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2009
Onwan:

@ Fhemmmy

I respect your views.

I am blushing and i am honored.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
For our viewing pleasure; Front views

Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Fhemmmy: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2009
Na wa ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . . . see face
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by platinumnk(f): 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2009
put a pic of a black audi

its not fair to pair it with a yucky color lol
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 10:57pm On Dec 21, 2009
Rear views;

Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2009
You see, considering the fact that we'll spend about the same buying spare parts, doing diagnostics AND have the same worries about scratches, etc; IF I have to pick between one of these two, I'll be this one below;

Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Siena

The Audi A5 has a 4 door variant as you can see in the rear pic. view above, ALSO the Jaguar XF has a coupe variant as you can see in the last pic above.

Just to let you know.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2009
Onwan:

@ Siena

The Audi A5 has a 4 door variant as you can see in the rear pic. view above, ALSO the Jaguar XF has a coupe variant as you can see in the last pic above.

There is currently no Audi A5 4-door.

The 4-door car is an Audi A4 B8. There is however, a 5-door version in the making, but not yet available. Won't be offered in the US / Canadian market though.

Just so you know brother.  wink

I will always pick Audi, and it will always be a quattro model.

The build quality of Audi currently exceeds that of current models of Mercedes Benz, which in turn exceeds the build quality of Jaguar.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
That car up there is labeled A5 2.0

Check it out yourself.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Fhemmmy: 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
Siena have spoken.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2009
Onwan:

That car up there is labeled A5 2.0

Check it out yourself.

I don't think you follow, Onwan - the car pictured is actually a 5-door hatchback (Sportback) not currently available.

It will be available for the European market only, when it's launched.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2009
That's it sitting in a car lot; not in an assembly line; its 2009 model.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2009
I'lll have em both  grin
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2009
I could keep on repeating myself, but you still won't get it.

Regardless of where it's sitting, it's not a 4-door saloon, so not directly comparable with the Jaguar saloon pictured at the beginning of this thread.

It's a 5-door Sportback, pretty much the same way the Audi A3 has a Sportback version, with 5 doors.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 11:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Adrenaline

Then your garage will be a big boxing ring for that hot competition. For me they are the same vehicles with different badges and I'll go with the Jaguar badge because something about Audi makes the design boring after months of looking at it everyday while for a Jaguar it only gets classier.

@ Siena

Sorry for your misunderstanding of my view point; That "5 door sportsback" to me is simply a "5 door" sport-liner sedan or crossover if you will. I cant actually squeeze any of my kids' bicycle in the "Hatchback" can i? Just looking at the pictures and seeing it real life, its a 4 door sport-liner. Just look at it.

Also talking about build quality;

For new models generally; build qualities are being compromised with the cheaper lighter "metals" being developed BUT some manufacturers FOR SOME OF THEIR MODELS keep the real things; thats why some models are extremely expensive - just like these two above.

And talking about build quality; how many of us would keep any of these cars for more than 10 years?? - I would the Jag though - Its appearance improves with time. Audi bores me after a while, they are sooooooo the same

This is just my view though.

Cheers
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by platinumnk(f): 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2009
Onwan -

Would u like to marry a P0*n star

or a

beautiful goodnaturered well mannered chick?

yes jaguar got points on style, but they lack everything else wink
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Onwan

I agree with you about the brand issue, the JAG cheesy definitely has a better brand name than the Audi, the audi is certainly not as classy, its more every day car-ish

@plat

Nope u aint correct, that analogy doesnt tally at all, If your looking for a "well mannered car" (which most car enthusiats certainly dont want) then go for a toyota or something like that, also the Jag doesnt "lack everything else" as you have wrongly asserted, Its highly revered for its untouchable luxury features, build quality and smooth performance.

I love em both, but If I had to pick, I'd pick that sexy a. s s Jag without thinking twice wink
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 12:01am On Dec 22, 2009
@ Platinumnk

Question well asked BUT for an analogy?, I dont see it.

Maybe like; would you want to take pure water or bottled EVA water??

Well to answer your question, I am married to a unique beautiful woman - her manners suits me and my lifestyle. That formed a basis for my life, AND Audi is a name too small for me to hand a jag over. The coupe looks like a coupe A4. And I am sure I will be bored over that in a month.

BUT a Jag will be like a gold chain or a gold ring, if its faulty, I'll keep it till its fixed and put it back on the road again.
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by platinumnk(f): 12:14am On Dec 22, 2009
ok i know i streched the analogy a bit

but ok the style is better but the quality audi beats hands down

In some people some means more than another.

If u were leasing it, yea get a jag, but buying, I would be more proud buying an audi cool
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 12:25am On Dec 22, 2009
Take a good look at this; Its a 4 door AND its still sleeker than than the Audi coupe and most coupes PLUS its a Jaguar,

You were saying ??

Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 12:28am On Dec 22, 2009
Its called engineering.

Mr. Platinumnk, This one no be gold again, na PLATINUM
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by platinumnk(f): 12:47am On Dec 22, 2009
Onwan:

Take a good look at this; Its a 4 door AND its still sleeker than than the Audi coupe and most coupes PLUS its a Jaguar,

You were saying ??

what do u mean plus its a jaguar? lol audi engineering takes over jaguar anyday. cheesy
Like i said before the style is better designed, but my prestige still goes with the audi

and btw- Im a lady wink
Re: Jaguar Xf Or Audi by Onwan: 12:56am On Dec 22, 2009
OK then that seals it.

Audi for ladies AND,

JAGUAR for R.E.A.L. MEN - but of course it is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes / Motorcyclist Used CD As The Side Mirror For His Motorcycle In Ondo State. / Would You Buy This Kit Car For N26m? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.