Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,826 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Cora Companies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cora Companies In Nigeria (1205 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cora Companies In Nigeria by Shibrino(f): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2008
My sister got married while she was working with a company owned by lebenese. When she had a baby, her husband told her to resign since she hadn't any one to look after the baby for her. She spent 4 years and 9 months excluding casual period. When she resigned, the company told her that there was nothing for her since she did not spend up to five years. What would you say to this?
Re: Cora Companies In Nigeria by eih: 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2008
its wickedness, Nigerian govt pls do sometin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cora Companies In Nigeria by onaf: 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2008
Before u castigate the coy find out if they have a staff hand book and what does there policy say about the conditionof service and no of years to spend before being entitle to anything.For example i once worked with a big multinational(cadbury).i resign before 5 years in service and i am not entitle to any compensation because that is what the staff hand book say.Your sister must have know this before join and if she feel she want to collect any entitlement then she should wait to complete 5 years in service.

Please it is important for everyoene to make your finds before running down people or organisation.Find out what you did wrong.
Re: Cora Companies In Nigeria by Shibrino(f): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2008
The company's hand book was introduced while the lady was on maternity leave. There was no hand book when she joined the company. My question now is, is it legal for a compnay to make the hand book binding on her? She was not informed about any information contained therein and it was not given to her even till now. in essence, she is not aware of any hand book at all.
Re: Cora Companies In Nigeria by onaf: 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2008
Well yor sister need to come to term with realities.You mean fro about 5 years of working with th coy sh doesn't know the coy policy or the condition of service in their staff hand book.Even if she was not given the hand book she must have heard from her co-staff on what is obtainable.This is all her fault if she doesn;t know.But i can tell you authoritatively that she must complete 5 years in service before she can be entitle to any benefit at all.

Let her accept her fate.Except if she is convince that their staff handbook say contrary to 5 years.Then she can take legal action against the coy.
Re: Cora Companies In Nigeria by FMK(m): 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2008
when the husband told her to leave the company did she write the letter of resignation ? if she did, but why ? Why She did not discuss with the Managers, before she lives? the matter here because it was your sister decisison to leave the company not the company decison i do not think if they can do something about her but check first what the law is saying about this kind of matter
Re: Cora Companies In Nigeria by Shibrino(f): 9:41am On Apr 18, 2008
She resigned and gave on month notice. Any way she has gone for better. Is it right to introduce a handbook and just impose it on existing staff who never had any knowledge of any policies when they joined the company?
Even while working, some left before the introduction of the hand book and were paid their full entitlements. I want to know.
Re: Cora Companies In Nigeria by Shibrino(f): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2008
Should policies be implied, if not, no such  policy was expressed.  I am an insider

(1) (Reply)

Job At Ge Oil & Gas For Service Technicians - Vecto Gray / Lectures For Nigerian Institute of Public relations Diet Begins / 3 Experienced Sales Executives Required - 2 Lagos And 1 Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.