Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? (30882 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Are Chinese Good Employers / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2014
It is no more a news that the Chinese companies in Nigeria are indirectly enslaving nigerians but I am wondering why the federal government of Nigeria has kept mute to this barbaric acts of these people. I shall carefully pin points some of their misdeeds maybe the appropriates bodies could read and come to the aids of nigerians.
SALARY SCALES... I want to use China civil engineering construction cooperation (Ccecc ) as an example.
Labours- between.#15000 and #21000
workmen_ between #27000 and #31000
STAFF- between #45000 and #50000

WORKING PERIODS- 7.30am-6.00PM @30 days that means no rest days.
PENALTIES... penalties for offense committed could range between #5000-#20000 and could be deducted once from your salary.
JOB SECURITY- insecured.
Apart from salaries paid, no extensive employee packages. No health insurance, no paid time off from work, no retirement plans for workers, workers are fired at will, what pains me most is a Chinese man beating up a Nigerian because of a slight offense. Sometimes a whole salary could be seized just because of an offense. Why, why, why, these Chinese men are highly respected in Nigeria yet nigerians are enslaved home and abroad. The labour unions will come and do investigations but nothing happens thereafter. LAMATA pretends as if they hear or know nothing hmmmm. Can nigerians go to other countries and allowed to act this way?

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 9:24am On Aug 06, 2014
Moderator pls can u kindly move this topic to the front page. Tanx

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 06, 2014
Because even our Leaders are maltreating us, there are no acts in place that covers those people.
our leaders are spoiler, they've ruined this country, you see a bloody Chinese and a bastard India from a rotten village giving orders as if they are in their country! nothing is working in this country nothing, our leaders have sold us to them.

115 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by raziboi(m): 10:19am On Aug 06, 2014
thurder fire them...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by ednut1(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2014
shebi na una govt go dey collect loan from dem. our govt has sold us to them, shikena. lebanese indias and chinese using nigerians like lab rats since 1962

27 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2014

1st Bullet

The Nigerian government & Nigerians are the 1st molesters! The FG has failed to develop & protect Nigerians. The Companies Act on employers rights is dead!

2nd Bullet

Workers do not v the right to complain about salary or wages when they are employed. They v the opportunity of negotiating before employment. The only complain or question they can raise is when there's a clause for increment. So... in my opinion, those labourers taking N15,000, N20,000, N30,000 etc took up the job because they agreed with their employers.

3rd Bullet

People should learn how to fight for themselves by seeking Human Rights Commission offices in their State. Any employee that's maltreated should run to them. They are helpful if well seeked.
They should also ask questions from their employers like clauses in their contract or employment, if there's going to be pay rise at a particular time or a pay rise for extra service. Any job that is not worth doing from the start is not worth doing till one is sacked or resigned!

Last Bullet

It's a pity Chinese, Indians, Lebanese & other Asian companies v taken advantage of Nigerian government's laxity in protecting her citizens.
I can mention names of companies in Lagos & other parts of Nigeria that enslave their staff. Tech-Mahindra, Mikano Generator, Jubaili Bros, most of those Asian companies in Ikorodu & other parts of Lagos State. They practice modern slavery?
When your government, Nigerians also enslave you, you are at everyone's mercy.

67 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by golddeejay(m): 11:15am On Aug 06, 2014
they are maltreat nigerians because they see us maltreat and enslave ourselves. Because they know we have government dat doesnt give a heck abt the welfare of their citizens. And Some people here are blamin the people working in those companies...i think going through these maltreatments is better than not been able to provide for ur family. That is the worst thing that can happen to a MAN.

21 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
1st Bullet

The Nigerian government & Nigerians are the 1st molesters! The FG has failed to develop & protect Nigerians. The Companies Act on employers rights is dead!

2nd Bullet

Workers do not v the right to complain about salary or wages when they are employed. They v the opportunity of negotiating before employment. The only complain or question they can raise is when there's a clause for increment. So... in my opinion, those labourers taking N15,000, N20,000, N30,000 etc took up the job because they agreed with their employers.

3rd Bullet

People should learn how to fight for themselves by seeking Human Rights Commission offices in their State. Any employee that's maltreated should run to them. They are helpful if well seeked.
They should also ask questions from their employers like clauses in their contract or employment, if there's going to be pay rise at a particular time or a pay rise for extra service. Any job that is not worth doing from the start is not worth doing till one is sacked or resigned!

Last Bullet

It's a pity Chinese, Indians, Lebanese & other Asian companies v taken advantage of Nigerian government's laxity in protecting her citizens.
I can mention names of companies in Lagos & other parts of Nigeria that enslave their staff. Tech-Mahindra, Mikano Generator, Jubaili Bros, most of those Asian companies in Ikorodu & other parts of Lagos State. They practice modern slavery?
When your government, Nigerians also enslave you, you are at everyone's mercy.
pls don't blame the workers, the Nigerian government has refused to create jobs. If there are job opportunities in this nobody will take up their jobs. Even the so called human rights will they work for free?

22 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
Guyz what are your suggestions and ways to curb this menace

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Mintayo(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
I wanted to create a thread like this too o,but the Op was faster,lol.
I had my experience too,i didn't know CwAY group is a chinese company till i went there for an interview as a QCO and guess what? I was told i would be payed 16k,the breakdown was so hilarious and to think that the so called HR(a chinese) couldn't differientiate btw Diploma and B.Sc is beyond me! It's a pity our Federal Govt has sold us out,when i got out of the gate,i concluded that we are still being colonized,we just won't accept that!

70 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by superior1: 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
They know they can maltreat Nigerians without repercussions, one even aborted pregnancy by beating up a pregnant employee.....

Na wetin you call your name people will address you

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by ademoladeji(m): 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
...bad governance, Corruption... No standard....

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by CharlieMaria(m): 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Ina2k(m): 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
#yawns...

Am trying to sleep biko!

give them small ebola

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Chinko?? Beat me?? Walahi, if he touches me, I will break him into two with my eyes closed. He can keep his salary.

42 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Our faulty labour law,and the wrong notion of believing all white people are god,and the nonchalant attitude of our enforcement agencies towards reported case involving the chinkos..what foreigners dare not do in the stup1d country,the do it here,and get away.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
Chinese men call me 'Sir'. undecided
Don't have anything else to say. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by encryptjay(m): 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by lilprinze: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
i dnt blame dem i blame our corrupt leaders who dnt know any oder tin dan looting d country's money 4 dere own selfish intrest nd nt cearing abt d masses if nt hw would sum1 frm another country cm to ur own country and b maltreating u in ur own country insult any wy most Nigerians dnt even knw dere rights diz iz what an American man would never tolerate in hiz country

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Because we don't have functional brains

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Simple.

Nigerians have refused to up their own shyt so someone else will up it for you. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
That's basically how they treat chinese workers in china too. Both countries (naija and china) have similar labour structures. The supply of labour is inelastic in both countries while the demand is a bit scarce. The same can be said of the indians and filipinos.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by johnstar(m): 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
2 bad
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by akinlex(m): 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Isiterere(m): 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
because they are Chinese and we're Nigerians

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by xp17(m): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
its the culture of Nigerians to pass blames to the next person for their misfortune. if really you train yourself enough to standout, no one ll treat you like a poo.
the simple truth here is , they treat you the way you present yourself and the stereotyping of anyone on light skin as sir or ma'am.

sometime ago, I was at MMA, flying to Frankfurt (germany). I was kinda talking some pictures when one immigration guy walked up to me in an attempt to seize my phone .right there , I reminded him on how they lick white men a'sses , like "would you seize aa white man's phone if he does likewise" ? immediately,the guy shamefully left.

I was so pissed off and shouted at those officers who usually ask for money at the departure. they be like "you get problem with person before" . even the guy that stamped the passport, I directly told him how fuvcked up It's to be a Nigerian force.

not until you guys change you ideology of "a white God" you ll continue to receive mal-treatment from them.
why not go to your office in the morninng and start doing your job, instead of looking for who to praise ?
I no they even send most Nigerians errants that are out of their Job specifications.

democracy in book, but not applicable in real life.
God abeg oh!

37 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoja12: 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
well because you people worship the coloured skins,you all are as guilty as the government,my question would you people have taken it from a Nigerian company,so because it a coloured company you people take it and turn to blame government,abeg i have no simparty for you people,you people are still mental slaves

onoerime: It is no more a news that the Chinese companies in Nigeria are indirectly enslaving nigerians but I am wondering why the federal government of Nigeria has kept mute to this barbaric acts of these people. I shall carefully pin points some of their misdeeds maybe the appropriates bodies could read and come to the aids of nigerians.
SALARY SCALES... I want to use China civil engineering construction cooperation (Ccecc ) as an example.
Labours- between.#15000 and #21000
workmen_ between #27000 and #31000
STAFF- between #45000 and #50000

WORKING PERIODS- 7.30am-6.00PM @30 days that means no rest days.
PENALTIES... penalties for offense committed could range between #5000-#20000 and could be deducted once from your salary.
JOB SECURITY- insecured.
Apart from salaries paid, no extensive employee packages. No health insurance, no paid time off from work, no retirement plans for workers, workers are fired at will, what pains me most is a Chinese man beating up a Nigerian because of a slight offense. Sometimes a whole salary could be seized just because of an offense. Why, why, why, these Chinese men are highly respected in Nigeria yet nigerians are enslaved home and abroad. The labour unions will come and do investigations but nothing happens thereafter. LAMATA pretends as if they hear or know nothing hmmmm. Can nigerians go to other countries and allowed to act this way?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by frankyfresh(m): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
It's not their fault is our people that will take shit from them in our own home land..... Imagin some people call them master and ur paid 5k........ Der is God ooooooo

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by evea: 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
As I said, hand sanitisers or sterilisers will be expenses. No Dettol Hand steriliser in d local market.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by MizMyColi(f): 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
I just love commenting on the first page of front page topics. grin

Now, to the issue being discussed:

I think the crux of this de-humanizing treatment by Asian and Asian-Like Nationals, boils down to the fact that the Average Nigerian attaches little or no value to Himself. The government on the other hand attaches value to a select few of Nigerian Citizens.....every other person is regarded as, well undecided Less angry

#Sad
#Pathetic

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Caracta(f): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
evea: As I said, hand sanitisers or sterilisers will be expenses. No Dettol Hand steriliser in d local market.

Excuse me, are you on drugs?

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 11:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
I even hv some companies in my home town lokpaukwu umuchieze in umunneoch LGA abia state. Lebanese n chinese company. Quarry company were dey crush stone i.e chippins. Dey use us as if we r slaves even in my own house. If u come dia n c wot dis ppl take away in my town n hv done notin 2 my ppl u will shed tears 4 us

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graduate Trainees At Actionaid Nigeria - October 2013 / Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It / Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.