Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,667 members, 7,809,519 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? (26009 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
Na wa o

I always thought people who divorce must have been lazy in their marriage to keep things together.... but the sad fact is i am now going through a divorce. Its even more painfull to realise the key reason for me parting ways with the woman i still love is simply because she wont address the error of her ways.

Ironically, if she had said, "my husband, i am sorry please fogive me and lets patch things up (even for the sake of the kids)". I would with out doubt reconsider. it would help restore my confidence in her and my marriage.

The harsh reality is without these words, I would continously battle with her in respect of who wears the pants in our marriage. it truly doesnt help that her tenacity is supproted by her family. This truly chops my legs of me manhood and dignity... My marriage is currently the spin off from Eastenders... the family affairs is out there...

Im guessing you want to know what she should be sorry about it will pop out when i get enough feedback from the women out there.

9yrs knowing her, 5yrs married, 2kids later and a divorce............ Ladies, Learn these words, it goes a long way to retaining your marriage " my husband i am sorry"

3 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Oohrhii(m): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
What can i say..

God will Help and be with you bro.

I can absolutely feel your pain even tho am not married. i Understand what it means for a lady to want to dictate things for a man.

Ladies.. wondering what the world is turning to.

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Sapphire86(f): 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Abeggi make I hear word with ur pathetic title. How does it apply 2 women? Shdnt it ve bn 'why can't she say I'm sorry?'

Were you told that pride is only found in women? Dt let me 4get abt ur heartbreak and lash u properly.

Or u don't think that maybe she feels you are d 1 2 apologise 2 her as well?
Dey dere and allow pride turn u 2 a divorcee!

Nonsense! U wld rather wait 4 I'm sorry than fight 4 ur marriage @ least 4 ur kids sake. Hisssssssss

44 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
Well, I know how to say sorry and I'm a woman but I only do if I think that I was wrong. Nobody can force me to say sorry unless I don't see where I went wrong. So tell us what you want your wife to apologize for and maybe someone will come up with a good piece of advice. wink

5 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
Sapphire86: Abeggi make I hear word with ur pathetic title. How does it apply 2 women? Shdnt it ve bn 'why can't she say I'm sorry?'

Were you told that pride is only found in women? Dt let me 4get abt ur heartbreak and lash u properly.

Or u don't think that maybe she feels you are d 1 2 apologise 2 her as well?
Dey dere and allow pride turn u 2 a divorcee!

Nonsense! U wld rather wait 4 I'm sorry than fight 4 ur marriage @ least 4 ur kids sake. Hisssssssss

@Sapphire86

Its a simplistic response from you.

I dont think theres a person alive who ever wants to go through a divorce and i dont think theres anyone alive who wants to stay unhappy in a marriage. Im guessing your not married otherwise you wouldnt trivialise such things as respect between the hubby and the missus. least of all 3rd party intrusions.

My dear, for the future pride is mutual between the couple but its best exhibited outside not within your marriage. i have aplogised severely even though she was wrong,,,,,,,,,,but it has become more dangerous for the future when i consider she doesnt acknowledge she is wrong by offering a mutual apology,,,, at this point what will you say if only one party offers an apology? most of us naija will say, u no get liver?

You may be content saying fight for your marriage for your kids sake, however, youd be lying to yourself, making yourself unhappy as you literaly watch as you get turned to a door mat and your dignity trodded as your self respect is turned to putty...... if your not happy, how can you be happy for your kids.... kids have a 3rd sense and will always recognise an unhappy parent.... I hope you never experience this... this is not a wake up one morning decision,,,, it years of coping, hoping, patching and schooling

where do you draw the line?

61 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
True NaijaBwoy:

@Sapphire86

Its a simplistic response from you.

I dont think theres a person alive who ever wants to go through a divorce and i dont think theres anyone alive who wants to stay unhappy in a marriage. Im guessing your not married otherwise you wouldnt trivialise such things as respect between the hubby and the missus. least of all 3rd party intrusions.

My dear, for the future pride is mutual between the couple but its best exhibited outside not within your marriage. i have aplogised severely even though she was wrong,,,,,,,,,,but it has become more dangerous for the future when i consider she doesnt acknowledge she is wrong by offering a mutual apology,,,, at this point what will you say if only one party offers an apology? most of us naija will say, u no get liver?

You may be content saying fight for your marriage for your kids sake, however, youd be lying to yourself, making yourself unhappy as you literaly watch as you get turned to a door mat and your dignity trodded as your self respect is turned to putty...... if your not happy, how can you be happy for your kids.... kids have a 3rd sense and will always recognise an unhappy parent.... I hope you never experience this... this is not a wake up one morning decision,,,, it years of coping, hoping, patching and schooling

where do you draw the line?

I very much agree with the bold part.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
carefreewannabe: Well, I know how to say sorry and I'm a woman but I only do if I think that I was wrong. Nobody can force me to say sorry unless I don't see where I went wrong. So tell us what you want your wife to apologize for and maybe someone will come up with a good piece of advice. wink

Haba! we, ve only just started.... I'll let you all into my mindset in good time!

All i'll hint is this!.... Would you as a married woman go 100% against your husbands instruction simply because you have your family backing?

4 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Sapphire86(f): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
Oga, I'm nt partial. U can't say 10% of ur story and expect every1 2 cheer u on! It is not a rally

Now, u r coming out wit bits of d story and nt making it sound lyk d title.

I will nt advise u stay in an unhealthy marriage cuz of ur kids bt den d kids shd enable both parties try harder. Dats all!

4 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
True NaijaBwoy:

Haba! we, ve only just started.... I'll let you all into my mindset in good time!

All i'll hint is this!.... Would you as a married woman go 100% against your husbands instruction simply because you have your family backing?

Well, I love and honor my family but my husband is my family too (when I marry) and I don't want either family to interfere in our marriage. This is my personal take on this.

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by oyinbogirl(f): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
wow na wa o for you , sorry for your situation, sounds so painful for you. Clearly you are feeling you've reached the end of the road here & at a really low point. I wonder why it is that some find it easier to say sorry than others? ( Ive gotten advice to say sorry even if i hadnt done the wrong to keep peace )That said its a pride thingy....but i do wish she can say the sorry to keep her family and home together since you are willing even now which is really commendable. How does she take the news of a divorce? tell us what she thinks, whether she accepts it or wants to fight for it....i find this a sad story, and its a warning to us all as to were pride can get us in the end . I pray you keep strong whatever happens

3 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
Family intrusions in marriage is a big disaster. I learnt all these from uncles and anties whose marriges crashed as a result of family intrusion in one form or the other. In my relationship, before I finally got married; not long now, infact, some weeks ago, I noticed these mad intrusions and I did everything in my power to crush it, since I knew it might ruin my marriage, if I go on without dealing with them first. Some families can be nuisance, they will do anything within their power to destroy your marriage if they are sure they will profit from it. I have a lot to say when it comes to families feasting on their children's, sisters' and brothers' marriage, because I have seen a lot.

Well, may God help your decision making in this respect. I close my case lest I derail the thread.

5 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
oyinbogirl: wow na wa o for you , sorry for your situation, sounds so painful for you. Clearly you are feeling you've reached the end of the road here & at a really low point. I wonder why it is that some find it easier to say sorry than others? ( Ive gotten advice to say sorry even if i hadnt done the wrong to keep peace )That said its a pride thingy....but i do wish she can say the sorry to keep her family and home together since you are willing even now which is really commendable. How does she take the news of a divorce? tell us what she thinks, whether she accepts it or wants to fight for it....i find this a sad story, and its a warning to us all as to were pride can get us in the end . I pray you keep strong whatever happens

Im a poker player (not the gambling, addicted type!). and i know how hard to push a bluff. The general rules are, you fold if you have a bad hand or you loose big. In my real life situation, she dealt with thnigs as a bluff and shes been trying to call my bluff...... unfortunately, never sleep on a problem ladies, it multiplies, i have had months to reflect on the issue and unfortunately the pmroblem has multiplied.... quite simply her resilience to call my phanthom bluff is now her downfall... i need my sanity back not kiddy games!

2 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by oyinbogirl(f): 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
True NaijaBwoy:

Im a poker player (not the gambling, addicted type!). and i know how hard to push a bluff. The general rules are, you fold if you have a bad hand or you loose big. In my real life situation, she dealt with thnigs as a bluff and shes been trying to call my bluff...... unfortunately, never sleep on a problem ladies, it multiplies, i have had months to reflect on the issue and unfortunately the pmroblem has multiplied.... quite simply her resilience to call my phanthom bluff is now her downfall... i need my sanity back not kiddy games!

wowo games huh, not fun at all esp when we are adults ... yea sure your right problems do not go away, just fester & need dealing with sooner the better

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by superbloke(m): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
Op...i can't say i know how you feel, but perspective is important in understanding your situation. We do not have your wife's perspective so balancing will be difficult. Perhaps you can give us a little bit of hers. That being said, i've realised many people don't know that when you get married, your partner and your children are now your family. Your mother, brothers, sisters, etc become your extended family. Issues should be sorted within your family and every other person can see the results. Each of you, that way, will be respected and highly regarded by members of your extended family. Interference is a very dangerous, it's part of what caused the breakup of my own parents.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Princesszoe: 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
The issue is, a woman can go against her husband instruction if it is going to affect her and the children. The women are the weaker sex, they are very sensitive. Husbands are meant to pay attention to details and listen to their wives complain. Now biblically, divorce is only granted when one of the partner has committed adultery if not, Mr. Man you must not remarry for the sake of your salvation.

13 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Daresh(f): 10:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
True NaijaBwoy: Na wa o

I always thought people who divorce must have been lazy in their marriage to keep things together.... but the sad fact is i am now going through a divorce. Its even more painfull to realise the key reason for me parting ways with the woman i still love is simply because she wont address the error of her ways.

Ironically, if she had said, "my husband, i am sorry please fogive me and lets patch things up (even for the sake of the kids)". I would with out doubt reconsider. it would help restore my confidence in her and my marriage.

The harsh reality is without these words, I would continously battle with her in respect of who wears the pants in our marriage. it truly doesnt help that her tenacity is supproted by her family. This truly chops my legs of me manhood and dignity... My marriage is currently the spin off from Eastenders... the family affairs is out there...

Im guessing you want to know what she should be sorry about it will pop out when i get enough feedback from the women out there.

9yrs knowing her, 5yrs married, 2kids later and a divorce............ Ladies, Learn these words, it goes a long way to retaining your marriage " my husband i am sorry"

Oga abet don't project your issues with your wife to all women. How do you know ALL women don't say they are sorry? Abeg piss off and go and settle with your wife jor! angry

5 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
Dt ur write-up sounds like you're writing an article, it doesn't really sound like you have a story that touched you. undecided undecided

I think you just want to have a 10-paged thread on nairaland...
*just my thoughts*

9 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by isalegan2: 11:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
True NaijaBwoy:

OP, I think. . . Well, the thing is that. . . undecided

Hmmm. O ti su mi joo. sad embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 25, 2013
OP just cause 'I'm sorry' ?? ( or cause her family hold sway over you & your marriage and you can't defend yourself like a REAL MAN to ring what their boundary are in YOUR HOME?? angry )

Awawi you're yapping divorce when you already gave up your role! angry

How bout supposedly you're married to somebody that never ever admit they're wrong? I bet you'd move out after your first child ehn? You're tripping!

*Clears throat* enough with the generalization ko? Not all women are egocentric to their spouse.

OMFreakingGawd!! Lakers is DoNE!! cry cry

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:09am On Apr 25, 2013
OP pele. it does happen. take heart.
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by armyofone(m): 4:56am On Apr 25, 2013
True NaijaBwoy: Na wa o

well maybe you haven't been really supportive and she was at her last lap?
I'm sorry isn't enough from one party, have you told her you are sorry?
I'm sorry baby we are at this phrase, don't you think we can work this out, I love you and I feel we can make it if we give it a try. I love you, I really love you etc Try harder and don't give up yet.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 25, 2013
armyofone:

I'm sorry baby we are at this phrase, don't you think we can work this out, I love you and I feel we can make it if we give it a try. I love you, I really love you etc Try harder and don't give up yet.

obviously you didnt read his posts before commenting.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Don't mind them, women are the worst thing that happened to mankind, i curse the day God almost killed us to create una.Tufiakwa

are you a homo or really that frustrated?
sorry but it kind of goes beyond laughing.
and if you choose to mention God, you better not insult him for what he has created.

good day to you.

16 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 25, 2013
carefreewannabe:

are you a homo or really that frustrated?
sorry but it kind of goes beyond laughing.
and if you choose to mention God, you better not insult him for what he has created.

good day to you.
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2013
You used your family to play poker it exploded in your face now all women are to be blamed?
Oga Husband, when you are ready to get a solution you will say what exactly she has refused to apologise over.
For anyone to risk divorce over a simpke apology means its a serious life and death issue. For all her family to support her it means its more serious than normal.
Since you have decided to share, share it all and save us the half story and "why can't women say sorry" wahala.
When I was almost killed and left, my Ex told all who cared to listen that it was my Fathers interference that was breaking our home.

14 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by vanitty: 7:38am On Apr 25, 2013
Didn't you know the person you married before you signed the dotted lies?

You initiated the divorce and as it is now, been the person she is , she won't beg you.

You, mr man need to have done better at managing your home. The instant you started saying sorry for what wasn't your fault, you more or less started allowing resent ful feelings into your home

If you are hurting as much as you are, you better go for counselling with her, let a neutral third party mediate before you allow your pride to make your kids a statistic in the single parent ish!

7 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2013
armyofone:

Then comes the big question

Will she change? Nope! its her personality,,, the mistake is i chose to ignore how much of an issue it would become as i had hope in her growing in maturity and understanding... I m never going to suggest i havenet done wrong, it takes two to tango(i hate flippant cliches). the only difference is i accept when i am wrong to enable us work on it and deal with things..... It becomes more complicated when every time i do wrong a third party opinion becomes involved.... opinions (opinions are like assholes, everyones got one, just make sure you yagbee with yours) are what it should be, dont bring it to the house as know one understands both of you more than both of you...

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 10:12am On Apr 25, 2013
jidegirl12: OP just cause 'I'm sorry' ?? ( or cause her family hold sway over you & your marriage and you can't defend yourself like a REAL MAN to ring what their boundary are in YOUR HOME?? angry )

Awawi you're yapping divorce when you already gave up your role! angry

How bout supposedly you're married to somebody that never ever admit they're wrong? I bet you'd move out after your first child ehn? You're tripping!

*Clears throat* enough with the generalization ko? Not all women are egocentric to their spouse.

I ll let you have your 5min of fame and agree there is always uncertainty about the next person! I ll extend your 5 min of fame and say the title of the thread should have been more specific than generalised....

But the reality is no one will truly know what they bargain for when they get married, we jump into with hope and expectations.

The 3rd party are not wholly the issue, the issue is how she(or any other woman) handles what shes told by them.... i only tend to find out months later in a heated "conversation" whats been said about me, naturally, this eats into her opinion of me and us.

Give up my role! dearest, this is not an easy decsion, simply, put she needs to understand that we cant continue the way things are,,, things will only get more physical!! abi, if u see either of us for paper in court for murder, will you now say good man he stuck through it till she killed him!!!!

ps.... This is years of perseverance and dialogue not a weekend bout of misunderstanding (something had to give!), im not tripping, just dont get it twisted!

OMFreakingGawd!! Lakers is DoNE!! cry cry
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2013
vanitty: Didn't you know the person you married before you signed the dotted lies?

You initiated the divorce and as it is now, been the person she is , she won't beg you.

You, mr man need to have done better at managing your home. The instant you started saying sorry for what wasn't your fault, you more or less started allowing resent ful feelings into your home

If you are hurting as much as you are, you better go for counselling with her, let a neutral third party mediate before you allow your pride to make your kids a statistic in the single parent ish!

Damned if i dont, damned if i do!

Dont you feel she has a part to play in keeping the peace!! Counselling ke, we ve had mediators who cant fathom why she wont humble herself or backdown!!

I handle my own! what i cant deal with is emotional vindictivness!!
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2013
debrief08: You used your family to play poker it exploded in your face now all women are to be blamed?
Oga Husband, when you are ready to get a solution you will say what exactly she has refused to apologise over.
For anyone to risk divorce over a simpke apology means its a serious life and death issue. For all her family to support her it means its more serious than normal.
Since you have decided to share, share it all and save us the half story and "why can't women say sorry" wahala.
When I was almost killed and left, my Ex told all who cared to listen that it was my Fathers interference that was breaking our home.

I think you should read the post properly, i suggested she felt i was bluffing,,, i never was,,, if the marriage was important and the issues i was addressing also important,,, it would be beter to dialogue rather than draw on years of misunderastanding to avoid dealing with what the main issue is!

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 10:23am On Apr 25, 2013
alutacontinua: Dt ur write-up sounds like you're writing an article, it doesn't really sound like you have a story that touched you. undecided undecided

I think you just want to have a 10-paged thread on nairaland...
*just my thoughts*

lol,,, if only life was this simple.... heres what my next thread will be.... "my wife killed me for divorcing her!!"

I'll leave you to your thoughts :-), im not here to convince anyone, i just need to experience varied perspective!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obituary Of Mother And Her 2 Children Killed In Fire Accident In Onitsha / France-Based Nigerian Mother & Her Adorable Quadruplets (Photos) / A Nairalander's 4th Wedding Anniversary. See Before And After Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.