Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This (2805 Views)

Parents With Young Children And Phones / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? / Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
It is one serious issue that has been eating deep into our society these days.
You see a woman giving out her own daughter at a very tender age to other people (mostly strangers) and when you ask them why, they claim it is due to poverty and not owning enough to train up these children! WTH? undecided Poverty is never an excuse for such action. I stand to be corrected though.

My friend told me story of how she boarded a bus from Lagos to school- (name of school witheld. But it is over 8hours journey if you go by road). And there was this girl (say, 7year old) in the bus. All this while, my friend had thought the little girl was with the guy who sat next to her (the little girl) but then, it later occurred to my friend that the little girl was travelling on her own when she heard the her tell the driver where she would alight. The man next to the little girl asked her why she was travelling such a long journey on her own and the girl told him that she was a maid and that her madam was sending her back home because her madam's son whom she was tending accused her of always touching his "stuff" lipsrsealed and doing nasty stuffs with him and still beats him whenever his mum isn't around. A supposed 7year old girl? WOW! shocked
She said all these in tears.

Imagine! Who knows if the girl really touched and did nasty stuffs with the boy? Nobody knows. undecided

But then, why would a mother give out a little girl like that to another woman to "take care" of? Sad, isn't it? The madam in question couldn't even pay for a seat for her because the little girl sat on the floor of the bus, where people pass to their seats (in the luxurious bus, if you know what I mean), didn't give her money to buy anything for herself or even her people at home. My friend had to buy lunch for her when they stopped once to eat because she told her she was hungry and had only #150 she would use to take a bike to her house when the bus drops her. And the guy next to her bought her some things (bread, bananas e.t.c) she would take home to her people. This is so wicked.

Mothers out there, I know sometimes things can be hard but giving out your blood especially at a tender age isn't the best. There are other ways to manage the situation.
These people we give out our kids to, we do not know what they are. Oh yes, we claim we might know them as relatives, friends e.t.c I tell you, you really don't know a person or know what a person is capable of doing.
These kids for all I know could be molested anywhere, and they live with the stigma because no one could fight for them
You don't know what these kids are turned into in the houses of those you think are your friends, relatives.. Or even in the house of the strangers you take them to.
They are God's blessings to us not a curse.

I want your take on this or if you have, heard or seen a similar experience. Please feel free to share yours.

Ese! smiley smiley
No off topic posts please, thanks. smiley
Any error in spellings, pardon abeg grin you sef no perfect
And if my grammar aint correct, go write your own make we see tongue

Thanks again smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Natasha oberio! Coming frm u! I swear its endtime before u know ur hubbys would be here to say u are seeking attention oh!

Back to topic
Its my belief that those who engage in this child trade are mostly uneducated ignorant poverty striken people.
U see most of this people ve so many children not bred by mistake bt conceived mostly for earning a living. They sell of their kids to God knows who (ritualists, child traders,etc) without pity or fear of d unkown as long as it puts food on their table.

Its not a new trend in africa.
Btw am first to comment
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
I have never experienced poverty so I don't know what I would do if I did. And I don't feel like judging people in whose shoes I haven't walked, who am I?

However, it's a pity, some children have to go through this. I don't blame their parents but I'm wondering what kind of people are the ones abusing these poor children? Lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
candygosh: Natasha oberio! Coming frm u! I swear its endtime before u know ur hubbys would be here to say u are seeking attention oh!

Back to topic
Its my belief that those who engage in this child trade are mostly uneducated ignorant poverty striken people.
U see most of this people ve so many children not bred by mistake bt conceived mostly for earning a living. They sell of their kids to God knows who (ritualists, child traders,etc) without pity or fear of d unkown as long as it puts food on their table.

Its not a new trend in africa.
Btw am first to comment

LMAO. I aint no hubby seeker. This is all about child abuse tongue

Uneducated? Ignorance? None is an excuse.
Seriously, a call for change is here.
There are other ways one handle the situation like I said.
Whatever happens to these kids, their blood will be on the hands of the doer and the parents too who sent them out.

It is a cold and fierce world out there for Godsake!

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
carefreewannabe: I have never experienced poverty so I don't know what I would do if I did. And I don't feel like judging people in whose shoes I haven't walked, who am I?

However, it's a pity, some children have to go through this. I don't blame their parents but I'm wondering what kind of people are the ones abusing these poor children? Lord have mercy.

Neither have I experienced it. Good for us.

These are peopler like you and I who has got no conscience.
Even a 70 year old man gets moved when he sees his 5-year old housemaid's panties.
What a life.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
I like what Tasha said

"Maybe she did nobody knows". Besides, the boy who she would be tending to would be younger than her, younger than 7, so undecided.

Anyway that's besides the point...

@Tasha Naija is a hard place. The parents are finding it hard to survive and so enlist their children as aides to others.
Farmer's children of that age are already doing heavy choirs and probably even spending all day in the farm tilling the soil. It's why village shudren are stronger than your average ajebo,if not even stronger than "city-based" ajekpakos.
So it makes perfect logical sense to the parents to enlist them in the service of some well-off person's house who will pay for their services and likely feed/clothe the child while they're at it.

I was nowhere near a village child, but at 9 years old, I was already on point in secondary school boarding school...and I don't mean your average aje boarding school with running tap water and all that ish...I mean the tie a rope to your bucket and fetch water out the well (and hope you tied a good knot or you lose the bucket), locked in a compound with hungry-azz niggas stealing/taking your provisions and seniors forcing you to do shiz or your soft baby azz gets belted and only get to visit home in the holidays type of boarding school. Needless to say, your man was kinda fit when he got out of there 6 years later grin

Chuck it up to the indomitable human spirit and the ability to adapt. Lessons best learnt young, spartan style. cool

Anyway, my only beef with the process are the people who maltreat them. That is unneccessary treating someone else's child like that, especially when you know your own child can't carry the sort of labor this child is carrying at that age. It is wickedness.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Tinkybabe(f): 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
I blame the parents of these ones and may I say poverty is not enough excuse.

It's mind boggling how insensitive,greedy and selfish some parents are.There's this case of my aunt's help though a boy and older(16-17)who was being trained in school by my aunt .You wouldn't believe the utter rubbish his father spewed when he got wind of this.He said "I didn't send you to Lagos to get an education,I sent you there to work(as a help of course) and make money"
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
Tinkybabe: I blame the parents of these ones and may I say poverty is not enough excuse.

It's mind boggling how insensitive,greedy and selfish some parents are.There's this case of my aunt's help though a boy and older(16-17)who was being trained in school by my aunt .You wouldn't believe the utter rubbish his father spewed when he got wind of this.He said "I didn't send you to Lagos to get an education,I sent you there to work(as a help of course) and make money"

U totally get why I said they r been bred to make a living for their parents.

Do u know how abusurd it sounds to now tht their parents gave birth to them not because they want kids but because they think these children would be the source of their wealth

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
candygosh:

U totally get why I said they r been bred to make a living for their parents.

Do u know how abusurd it sounds to now tht their parents gave birth to them not because they want kids but because they think these children would be the source of their wealth

You mean like Ibo people and their daughters? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
2buff:

You mean like Ibo people and their daughters? tongue tongue tongue

Abeg nor let d igbo triabalists come n tear me up!
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
Tashamania:

Neither have I experienced it. Good for us.

These are peopler like you and I who has got no conscience.
Even a 70 year old man gets moved when he sees his 5-year old housemaid's panties.
What a life.

I do have a conscience so these people aren't like me. Conscience is God's voice within us!
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Acidosis(m): 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
How about those 'poor' parents that give birth to 12 children? 8 girls & 4 boys.
Dad is no more.
Mum a trader (sells groundnut).

2 Likes

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
Acidosis: How about those 'poor' parents that give birth to 12 children? 8 girls & 4 boys.
Dad is no more.

EXACTLY. People judging the parents that send them don't understand.
Their minds are incapable of relating to this context because for the most part, as much as they may want to deny this by proving how "tough" they think they had it, they've lived sheltered lives.

However, as always, there are always extremes. Intention matters. A bad example is like that of the man thundering to his son that he didn't send him to go to school, etc.

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I do have a conscience so these people aren't like me. Conscience is God's voice within us!

But you do have flesh and blood, don't you?
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
Tinkybabe: I blame the parents of these ones and may I say poverty is not enough excuse.

Whaddahella! His dad actually said that?
Now this is a case of total ignorance!
I wonder why he(the dad) didn't go under the bridges to beg for alms rather giving his son out, since the money hold am for neck. People can be so annoying.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Acidosis: How about those 'poor' parents that give birth to 12 children? 8 girls & 4 boys.
Dad is no more.

I don't want to think you are in support of this.

Like I said initially, there other ways to handle such situations.
Oh Ýes! Sell the groundnuts and if it is one or two kids you are able to train in a school, no matter the kind of school, then it is worth it. You might not train the child up to a standard level but atleast you can train him/her to a level that he or she could take up little jobs that need not much experience no matter the pay. Life goes on.

I still do not support giving out kids for other people to 'train' them. You alone know how best to train your child. I'm not saying that there aren't good people out there who cant take care of other people's kids, but how many are these people?

Ask 80% of these kids what they feel about staying away from home to work as maids for these 'madams' and they will tell you, they wanna go their homes and help their mum sell the same groundnuts. So, what other 'richness' is more than a child wanting to be with his/her parents? Denying these kids paternal/maternal love at a young age coupled with the fact that one of the parent is alive, I repeat alive is an offence punishable by God and man. There is never an excuse for that just like there's no excuse to prostitution.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Connoisseur(m): 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
Nice thread and sensible posts.
I cant remember anytime in my life when we didnt have up to 4 people living with us. Like someone said(though i do not agree with his reason) in my part of the world, it is normal for parents who arent well to do to send their children to their better off relatives for them to be trained. the kids in turn help out in their host families. It is a normal phenomenom and a way of life.My dad is a product of this system thats why he followed up the tradition.

But what is not normal is where the hosts turns the help into an object to exhibit their wickedness on. In my opinion, I would put the blame on the doors of these benefactors who take other people's children (most times their blood relatives) and turn them to slaves. sometimes the helps can have very bad characters like stealing and sexual molestation, but its left for the host to take him/her back to the parents when such traits are discovered.
if not poverty no parent will want to give out their child
If not ignorance they woulda given birth to the number of kids they can comfortably train
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
Connoisseur: Nice thread and sensible posts.
I cant remember anytime in my life when we didnt have up to 4 people living with us. Like someone said(though i do not agree with his reason) in my part of the world, it is normal for parents who arent well to do to send their children to their better off relatives for them to be trained. the kids in turn help out in their host families. It is a normal phenomenom and a way of life.My dad is a product of this system thats why he followed up the tradition.

But what is not normal is where the hosts turns the help into an object to exhibit their wickedness on. In my opinion, I would put the blame on the doors of these benefactors who take other people's children (most times their blood relatives) and turn them to slaves. sometimes the helps can have very bad characters like stealing and sexual molestation, but its left for the host to take him/her back to the parents when such traits are discovered.
if not poverty no parent will want to give out their child
If not ignorance they woulda given birth to the number of kids they can comfortably train

Thank you and Nice one! Especially the bolded. What ever happened to that?

Anyways, I said earlier that there are still good people who can train these kids. But, what about those kids who fall in the hands of witches, jezebels. You never can tell, even ritualists? I've heard a case of a boy who went to stay with a family and was never heard from again. Each time his parents call to talk to him, the family always gave them stories like 'he is in the room with their kids, sleeping, went to buy something and all sorts'. Until the boy's father couldn't take it nomore that he travelled to see them and it was there and then they told him his son left home 3weeks back then and never returned. He was missing. Who knows the real tory? Only God knows.

Hence the reason I say kids should stay with their parents, grow with them, do everything with them.
So that, if any of your child isn't acting up the way he supposed to, you alone would know how to deal with it. If this child was in the home of another, those families would care less because it isn't their child.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Connoisseur(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
Tashamania:

Thank you and Nice one! Especially the bolded. What ever happened to that?

Anyways, I said earlier that there are still good people who can train these kids. But, what about those kids who fall in the hands of witches, jezebels. You never can tell, even ritualists? I've heard a case of a boy who went to stay with a family and was never heard from again. Each time his parents call to talk to him, the family always gave them stories like 'he is in the room with their kids, sleeping, went to buy something and all sorts'. Until the boy's father couldn't take it nomore that he travelled to see them and it was there and then they told him his son left home 3weeks back then and never returned. He was missing. Who knows the real tory? Only God knows.

Hence the reason I say kids should stay with their parents, grow with them, do everything with them.
So that, if any of your child isn't acting up the way he supposed to, you alone would know how to deal with it. If a child was in the home of another, those families would care less because it isn't their child.

almost everything in life is a risk, you do the best you can and wish for the best. Most times, it does turn out good. The help makes it in life like my dad. of only we can could find a way to make every family self reliant.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by armyofone(m): 12:35am On Apr 25, 2013
Dad is no more.

heard they use s.ex to relieve stress/pressures etc of life.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 25, 2013
If you've ever witnessed extreme poverty, you'd understand why parents give out their children. Children are a blessing that is why every parent strives to give the best to his child even if that best is not acceptable. My dad's maternal uncle lost two of his four kids to extreme, deep rooted poverty. They could barely afford to eat once a day, let alone three times a day. Their immune system deteriorated. By the time my dad got wind of this, two of his kids were already ill and their illness had gotten to its terminal stage.

Why am I saying this? Sometimes parents see it as an opportunity to offer their children better lives, lives that they could not otherwise give them. This is not even about insensitivity and greed, it is about survival. You do all you can to make sure that your children survive. It's a risk that some of them see as worth taking. It's very easy to condemn them because we've never walked even an inch in their shoes but the reality is hard.

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 25, 2013
ItsModella: If you've ever witnessed extreme poverty, you'd understand why parents give out their children. Children are a blessing that is why every parent strives to give the best to his child even if that best is not acceptable. My dad's maternal uncle lost two of his four kids to extreme, deep rooted poverty. They could barely afford to eat once a day, let alone three times a day. Their immune system deteriorated. By the time my dad got wind of this, two of his kids were already ill and their illness had gotten to a terminal stage.

Why am I saying this? Sometimes parents see it as an opportunity to offer their children better lives, lives that they could not otherwise give them. This is not even about insensitivity and greed, it is about survival. You do all you can to make sure that your children survive. It's a risk that some of them see as worth taking. It's very easy to condemn them because we've never walked even an inch in their shoes but the reality is hard.

100 likes
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2013
D truth is that of d 100 kids givin out,only a fraction is treated as family.I mean family.even a very good person especially woman can turn d other face cos its not her child!women clamour for househelp promisin heaven and earth for dem to start doin d opposite!look around u,its everywhere.
Just on sunday,I went out with my family to an eatery,behold I saw two diff couples with their kids dressed well and d househelp,u guess!our attention was drawn to dem and it became a topic.if dose gals can come out with rags in a place like dat,only God knows what can happen outside.
Now my argument is dis,to one dat said if d maid steals or whatever, u beta send her home,if its ur child,won't u try all ur best to find d root and help her turn around? C what I'm sayin,u can never treat them like urs nomater what!like I said in another thread,its cheap that's why we go for dem in naija!
If d parents r poor,help establish d parent so d can take care of their children.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by debosky(m): 8:55am On Apr 25, 2013
This is why I am strongly against people having kids without a conscious, detailed plan of how they will afford to bring up the kids.

Being poor is no excuse - if you can have sex while you are poor, you can also think about the consequences while you are poor too.

If we can address this issue in Nigeria, I believe a large percentage of the issues with poverty will be dealt with automatically.

Unfortunately, when you end up with more kids than you can train, sending one/some away is often the only viable option left.

In principle, I do not support it. However, if by sending that child away you can offer her better opportunities or are better able to raise those left, then it is worth considering.

In most cases, there's nothing better than the parents raising their own kids, but I suspect many do so out of necessity rather than choice.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2013
debosky: This is why I am strongly against people having kids without a conscious, detailed plan of how they will afford to bring up the kids.

Being poor is no excuse - if you can have sex while you are poor, you can also think about the consequences while you are poor too.

Nice one!
Exactly why I said its uneducated ignorant people that do such.
You want the best for ur kids then ve few children u can train.
Its like acccountability.

These people know they can't afford to give their children a good life yet they keep bringing them into the world.

Doesn't that say so much about them!??

Growing up with my family, my mum doesn't permit my sis n I to go anywhere even to a familys place.
Its often the other way round, other cousins come to stay.

These parents know the dangers of giving off their wards to distant relations or even strangers they don't know.

But I still maintain that there is no justifiable excuse for sending their child away to someone else to care for.
These people need to know that once they indulge in copulation and conceive that child as of that moment becomes their responsibilty not another man's

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
candygosh:

But I still maintain that there is no justifiable excuse for sending their child away to someone else to care for.
These people need to know that once they indulge in copulation and conceive that child as of that moment becomes their responsibilty not another man's

Have you ever considered the fact that circumstances might change from the time they conceived the child? Do you mean to tell me that you've not seen where people's finances plummet within a couple of years? Look at it also from another side. It is the parent's responsibility to ensure his children's survival above anything else. If they're not alive how will you care for them? And what happens when you can't keep them alive? Perhaps, you should take a trip to terribly poor villages and see the condition of people living in it. Like I said earlier, it's very easy to say "there is no justifiable reason" when we've never even looked at intense poverty let alone stepping into it.

However, I do agree with you on having as few children as you can train.

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
I think the only "almost-practical" solution to this problem is to pass a bill that states: If you cannot take care of a child, don't give birth to a child undecided undecided undecided

op, trust me, if you see some kind of poverty, you will be amazed!

Yet, these people are the ones who give birth to 6 children! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I know the bill thing is almost impossible but what i'm trying to say is that if there's any way to make this people realise that it's not how much, but how well...that's the only practical solution.

Some people cannot even take care of themselves, let alone, a kid. For such class of people in our country, i'll rather advise that they just keep enjoying the thing until God blesses them enough to raise a kid.

It's saddening to see how some people treat these kids, but, these kids also can behave as if there's a demon indwelling them. undecided undecided Another near-practical solution is to pass a bill that doesn't allow you to treat other people's kids like trash. In other words, people with such kids should take care of them like their own children.

I'll like to ask, though: @tasha, u said there are other ways to deal with the situation. Can you give practical examples? This is supposed to be a practical thread, i guess!
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by debosky(m): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
candygosh:

I'm sure parents know the kids are their responsibility, but if they can't afford to take care of them, talking of responsibility at that point is medicine after death.

If the parents are unable to take care of the kids, then what? Like I said earlier, we should focus on stopping people having more kids than they can cope with - that's the only long term solution.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by biolabee(m): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
@ItsModella excellent posts!
Its easy to be an armchair critic but how many of us have even been to the SOS Village in Isolo to do our bit for the less privileged
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
ItsModella: If you've ever witnessed extreme poverty, you'd understand why parents give out their children. Children are a blessing that is why every parent strives to give the best to his child even if that best is not acceptable. My dad's maternal uncle lost two of his four kids to extreme, deep rooted poverty. They could barely afford to eat once a day, let alone three times a day. Their immune system deteriorated. By the time my dad got wind of this, two of his kids were already ill and their illness had gotten to its terminal stage.

Believe me, i understand the circumstances that might surround the families of those who send their kids out.
But, I still stand up to the fact that sending these kids out isnt the best, not even to be counted.
These people we send our kids to would never train these kids or see these kids as you do. These kids can only enjoy parental love only when they are with their parents and that is what matters. I'm not saying that there arent very few good ones out there, all i'm saying is that no one can ever represent the role of a family in a childs' life except their rightful parents. No one can ever be like you. I'd rather eat stones and get maltreated or even beg for alms than giving out kids to other people to do for me. These are kids we are talking about here, kids!

I'm condemning nobody, just stating the obtainable. You might wanna refer to this previous post of mine for further details and to avoid repitition smiley

Tashamania:

I don't want to think you are in support of this.

Oh Ýes! Sell the groundnuts and if it is one or two kids you are able to train in a school, no matter the kind of school, then it is worth it. You might not train the child up to a standard level but atleast you can train him/her to a level that he or she could take up little jobs that need not much experience no matter the pay. Life goes on.

I still do not support giving out kids for other people to 'train' them. You alone know how best to train your child. I'm not saying that there aren't good people out there who cant take care of other people's kids, but how many are these people?

Ask 80% of these kids what they feel about staying away from home to work as maids for these 'madams' and they will tell you, they wanna go their homes and help their mum sell the same groundnuts. So, what other 'richness' is more than a child wanting to be with his/her parents? Denying these kids paternal/maternal love at a young age coupled with the fact that one of the parent is alive, I repeat alive is an offence punishable by God and man. There is never an excuse for that just like there's no excuse to prostitution.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
alutacontinua: I think the only "almost-practical" solution to this problem is to pass a bill that states: If you cannot take care of a child, don't give birth to a child undecided undecided undecided

op, trust me, if you see some kind of poverty, you will be amazed!

Yet, these people are the ones who give birth to 6 children! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I know the bill thing is almost impossible but what i'm trying to say is that if there's any way to make this people realise that it's not how much, but how well...that's the only practical solution.

Some people cannot even take care of themselves, let alone, a kid. For such class of people in our country, i'll rather advise that they just keep enjoying the thing until God blesses them enough to raise a kid.

It's saddening to see how some people treat these kids, but, these kids also can behave as if there's a demon indwelling them. undecided undecided Another near-practical solution is to pass a bill that doesn't allow you to treat other people's kids like trash. In other words, people with such kids should take care of them like their own children.

I'll like to ask, though: @tasha, u said there are other ways to deal with the situation. Can you give practical examples? This is supposed to be a practical thread, i guess!

Tashamania:

Is this example good enough? undecided
I don't know about a practical one. Never been there. I've seen people survive through this means and even worse ones.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
biolabee: @ItsModella excellent posts!
Its easy to be an armchair critic but how many of us have even been to the SOS Village in Isolo to do our bit for the less privileged

Nobody is criticizing anyone here. And I'll demand that the MODs of this section ban anyone who even tries to do that, seriously. We or rather, some of us here are just saying how we feel about the whole issue, just the way you could be saying something different from anyone else here.

So, stop trying to accuse any one of criticism. Please!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can U Guy Say About This Woman‘s Action In This Pics / Woman Gives Birth To A Goat In Port Harcourt / Pregnant Lady Illustrates Gluttony Associated With Pregnancy Via Maternity Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.