Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (262108 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Smiler11(f): 6:38am On Feb 18, 2015
My husband choose milk color suit, navy blue shirt and milk colour tie as his attire for our wedding. Kindly HElP Me with the best colour combination that will match navy blue for the bridal train and hall decor. If possible i need pictures of the colour combination thank u
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by rushino: 7:05am On Feb 19, 2015
Hello. Am assuming ur wedding colour is milk and navy blue?

The most common way milk has been used is as a third colour. But in ur case as ur husband is wearing the tie( d suit is not really an issue if he can change his shirt), then it seems milk ought to make a bold appearance on d day as well as navy blue

For ur bridesmaid, they wear navy blue dress and u can incorporate blue flowers mixed with milk colour or ivory.
Shoe can be either navy blue, silver or ivory

Another option to even add to that. ur Maid of honour wear a milk dress(if u don't mind as it will be similar to urs in terms of colour, but u will still stand out!) with blue accessories like hair. His best man is dressing similar to him
Ur other bridesmaid wear blue dress as above n grooms men have blue tie? I don't know wat ur husband has chosen for their suit n shir....

Also for the milk colour, pls I suggest u go to the market and maybe buy half yard of the milk colour u want in any material and give to key people e.g decorator, aso ebi person etc, because milk is one colour that has a few variant, some r even slightly yellowy etc, this way ur colour will not be lost.

For pictures don't have any as haven't done milk d navy blue wedding colour combo b4. I googled and did get much,nor got any I liked.

Hope this was a bit helpful
Good luck

Smiler11:
My husband choose milk color suit, navy blue shirt and milk colour tie as his attire for our wedding. Kindly HElP Me with the best colour combination that will match navy blue for the bridal train and hall decor. If possible i need pictures of the colour combination thank u
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rhukie(f): 8:06am On Mar 02, 2015
Good morning. please I need music suggestions for couple's first dance. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by chiefwedslolo(f): 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
Rhukie:
Good morning. please I need music suggestions for couple's first dance. Thank you

@Rhukie

What kind of music are you looking for? Nigerian, or western type of music? Do you want something slow or fast? Are you looking for just one song? Or do you and your hubby want to dance to several songs?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by vickilafab(f): 2:40am On Mar 06, 2015
Rhukie:

here are some of my favourites. a mix of slows and 'dance-ables'
1. here and now- Luther Vandross
2. I swear- John Michael Montgomery
3. I cross my heart- George Strait
4. I finally found someone- Barbara Streisand and Bryan Adams
5. beautiful In my eyes- Joshua kadison
6. I'm alive- Celine dion
7. Because u loved me- Celine dion
8. can I have this dance for d rest of my life- Anne Murray
9. I promise- cece winans
10. Every time I close my eyes- babyface
11. ife- azeezat
12. for you I will-
13. forever- p square
14. forever and for always- shania twain
15.have I told u lately- Rod Stewart
16. I dont know much but I know I love u-
17. I dont want to miss a thing- Aerosmith
18.i got u babe- UB 40
19. I love u- p square
20. I wanna dance with somebody- Whitney Houston
21. I wanna grow old with u- Westlife
22. I will love u so for always - Atlantic star
23. I'm gonna love u forever- Jessica Simpson
24. if I ain't got u- Alicia Keys
25. if that's what it takes- Celine dion
26. ife wa gbono- tiwa savage and
27. if this isn't love-
28. it had to be you- frank sinatra
29. just d way u are- Bruno mars
30. olo mi- tosin martins
31. When u love someone- Bryan Adams
32. when I look into your eyes- bon jovi
33. when I said I do- clint black and lisa
34. when God gave me you- TD Jakes
35. tonight, I celebrate my love for u- Roberta flack
36.this is love- kelly Rowland
37. the gift- Jim brickman n martina mcbride
38. tell him- Celine dion n Barbara Streisand
39. super love- Celine dion
40.sugar sugar- the archies
41. loving u - minnie riperton
42. my wife- t code
43. today today- M.I
44. no one like u- p square
45. now and forever-
46. outside- 2face idibia
47. oruka- sunny neji

P.S for the benefit of others.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rhukie(f): 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
chiefwedslolo:

@Rhukie

What kind of music are you looking for? Nigerian, or western type of music? Do you want something slow or fast? Are you looking for just one song? Or do you and your hubby want to dance to several songs?
Nigerian and western, something between slow and fast. several songs. Thank you
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
@Vickilafab, I love your list. smiley Great songs..
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by vickilafab(f): 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
Rocktation:
@Vickilafab, I love your list. smiley Great songs..
thank you smiley
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by michaelokoi(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2015
Pls i need an advice on this. My fiancee wants to kill a cow for our wedding in May and i said its not necessary and its causing problems between us. We are funding evrytin on our own without any external support and as such trying to save cost. Should i allow her do it becos she said its her day. Help pls.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by tobey2ng(m): 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2015
michaelokoi:
Pls i need an advice on this. My fiancee wants to kill a cow for our wedding in May and i said its not necessary and its causing problems between us. We are funding evrytin on our own without any external support and as such trying to save cost. Should i allow her do it becos she said its her day. Help pls.
Let her do it as long as it doesn't affect d wedding expenses
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 12:17am On Mar 13, 2015
Ehnnn..if you guys can really afford the excesses, even if she wants to jump down from the moon, please allow her. You know you're the one going over to her place to marry her, so you may not necessarily find any use for the echoes of how luxuriously, the wedding went. Let her bask in the knowledge that her marriage was one-in-town abeg...
That is if it really woundn't be outrightly crazy sha...say like killing a cow for only 60 guests (which again, is not likely for a typical Naija wedding).
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by rushino: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hello killing a cow is not necessarily bad. It depends on your crowd. Trust me for some number it may even be cheaper to kill a cow than buy in portions.

Also cows come in different sizes, so u can get a small one if the crowd is small

Finally, rather than just dismiss d idea, try n understand her reasons and also lay down ur reasons, other than not necessarily, something g more tangible. A cow is actually part of food, so it's either u kill or cow or buy in portions, so seat down n weigh both options n u both can agree on what is best. Am sure this way u can both agree as u will work thru the answer together

michaelokoi:

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by michaelokoi(m): 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
rushino:

Hello killing a cow is not necessarily bad. It depends on your crowd. Trust me for some number it may even be cheaper to kill a cow than buy in portions.

Also cows come in different sizes, so u can get a small one if the crowd is small

Finally, rather than just dismiss d idea, try n understand her reasons and also lay down ur reasons, other than not necessarily, something g more tangible. A cow is actually part of food, so it's either u kill or cow or buy in portions, so seat down n weigh both options n u both can agree on what is best. Am sure this way u can both agree as u will work thru the answer together

rushino:

Tnks a bunch.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by hadassah007(f): 12:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Beautymc:
Pls I need ur advice. My wedding is just in 2 months plus, can I start selling my Asoebi now or is too early.
....yes you can start selling it now so people can sort out payment means .have you started planning?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by hadassah007(f): 12:09am On Mar 15, 2015
Smiler11:
My wedding will be in two months time but am still very confused on the colour Combinations. Can someone please suggest colours with PICTURES to help me choose. PLEASE HELP AS I DONT HAVE MONEY FOR WEDDING PLANNER
...you Dont need to break the bank to get a wedding planner, we actually save cost for you!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by hadassah007(f): 12:16am On Mar 15, 2015
Mariecakes:

cream and blush with navy blue or grey is also cool
...green and gold would look very royal and would pop out. That is much better...Events by Bella.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by hadassah007(f): 12:18am On Mar 15, 2015
enatasha:
My wedding is coming up in May. My colors are purple and yellow. Are these colors good for a wedding?
..yes those colors signify royalty, when properly combined with the right shades and a good decorator it will be awesome...
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rhukie(f): 8:58am On Mar 15, 2015
Good morning to all the bride's to be and event planners and helpers. my wedding took place yesterday and it went so well. Thank you all for your suggestions and ideas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2015
Anyone knows any real website that I can order for my wedding dress?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by tobey2ng(m): 11:39am On Mar 15, 2015
Rhukie:
Good morning to all the bride's to be and event planners and helpers. my wedding took place yesterday and it went so well. Thank you all for your suggestions and ideas.
Congratulations
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by HOG18: 1:48am On Mar 16, 2015
Rhukie:

Congratulations. I wish you a wonderful married life.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rhukie(f): 6:28am On Mar 16, 2015
HOG18:

Congratulations. I wish you a wonderful married life.
amendment, thank you
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rhukie(f): 6:30am On Mar 16, 2015
tobey2ng:

Congratulations
thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.