Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (262067 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sayoddy(f): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
Oh thanks and what colour should my second dress be to stand out from all?
oadeyeye:
Your brides maid can do gold dress and red accesories(Grmsmen-red tie), and d C.bridesmaid do red dress and gold acces(bestman- gold tie). or d same as d bridesmaid in diff style.
your deco shuld be more of white backgrnd with green, gold and red touches(center pieces, gold table cloth) a good decorator should get it right

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by oadeyeye: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2014
yellow dress ( d cool shade) should work perfectly
sayoddy:
Oh thanks and what colour should my second dress be to stand out from all?

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
please, who has an idea of how much wedding invitations. creative ones(not A4 paper types o'lol)
for about 500pcs.
and also is 200k too much to budget as souvenirs? how much did you spend and on what items?
plssss.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by bellabee: 9:52am On Oct 16, 2014
200k will be enough for somtin unique and useful.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by oadeyeye: 11:42am On Oct 16, 2014
High quality card range from 400-800, luxury invitations from 1k -5k
And souvenir 200k may be.less or more that depends on quantity and type of item, for instanct if you intend to have ur gift in a carrier bag of 350naira per piece, for 500pple dats 175k already, u av gift items range from 200- 1000k, take d least 200naira for 500pple dats 100k
Note: if ur event is strictly by invite then u get the exact number of guest invitations ( +10%) if not just get half of the number of guest expected.
MrMadee:
please, who has an idea of how much wedding invitations. creative ones(not A4 paper types o'lol)
for about 500pcs.
and also is 200k too much to budget as souvenirs? how much did you spend and on what items?
plssss.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by twisey(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
@ Sassygal and Rocktation, Cream Suit and black trouser with black tie, Pls, what colour of shirt best fit this combination and bridesmaids colour combinations
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by twisey(m): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
sassygal:
@cuteoly, if u want to stick to cream and purple, here is a suggestion-

Make your bridesmaid wear a predominantly purple outfit.

Also if your groom uses a cream suit on black trouser (I'm assuming just the jacket will be cream because a complete cream colored suit may look too tacky on some men), let the groom's men use black suit with purple tie.

Also cream and purple seams a bit lackluster for someone who initially wanted orange and green, so why not change the cream to Champagne which is a creamy gold color and will bring out the purple.

Thanks for this, Pls What's the best fit colour for the Shirt both the groom and groom's men?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
twisey:
@ Sassygal and Rocktation, Cream Suit and black trouser with black tie, Pls, what colour of shirt best fit this combination and bridesmaids colour combinations

You can NEVER go wrong with white. If ever in doubt, settle for white. Is this for the groomsmen? If it is, the bridal train may do cream too and a touch of white maybe.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by twisey(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
@ Sassygal and Rocktation, Am confused of these combination, pls help me. I guess u re saying, Groom - Cream suit, Black trouser, Black bow tie and white shirt
Groom's men - Black suit and trouser, White/Cream shirt and black bow tie
Bridesmaids Would pink do
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Just tell us what colors you've picked out, to make up the theme for the day.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2014
twisey:
@ Sassygal and Rocktation, Am confused of these combination, pls help me. I guess u re saying, Groom - Cream suit, Black trouser, Black bow tie and white shirt
Groom's men - Black suit and trouser, White/Cream shirt and black bow tie
Bridesmaids Would pink do

The above combo for the groom is cool. The groom’s men do not have to wear black bow tie, they could do the same shade of pink as the bridesmaids.

Like Rocktation said,when in doubt, wear white.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 11:16am On Oct 23, 2014
sassygal:

The above combo for the groom is cool. The groom’s men do not have to wear black bow tie, they could do the same shade of pink as the bridesmaids.

Like Rocktation said,when in doubt, wear white.

Sassy, it's been a while. Hope you're good..
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2014
Rocktation:

Sassy, it's been a while. Hope you're good..

Yea it has! I'm great.

Been on the sidelines observing. It seems we now have capable hands on deck.

How are you?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
Just fyne..thanks. smiley
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by vickilafab(f): 11:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
sayoddy:
I'm planning for my december wedding in first week and i'm having christmas theme wedding which colors are red, green and gold with touch of which
for the aso ebi, we chose green on red but want the bridal train to stand out, pls what will be their own combination and the deco
ur bridesmaids can do red gowns wt gold accessories, ur chief bridesmaid can do a gold gown wt a red sash/touches & red accessories or another shade of red wt gold accessories, ur groomsmen can wear red ties on white shirts and d bestman gold or red tie. ur decor should mainly be white wt touches of d oda colors in centrepieces, sashes- a good decorator will know how to mk it work. u can even include Xmas trees in ur decor or av dem as centrepieces

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by bee2bee(f): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2014
Hello,

please I need ideas of event centre/marquees around ikeja for 400 guests and prices. Also whre can on get crystal embellished shoe and purse for a bride?

thanks.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Eskay201: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2014
How much can one budget for wedding .I need an idea of Price Range .Will N1m be Ok for a low key wedding ceremony .
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by vickilafab(f): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2014
Eskay201:

How much can one budget for wedding .I need an idea of Price Range .Will N1m be Ok for a low key wedding ceremony .
yes, it's okay. is it for both traditional and white? what exactly is ur picture of a low key wedding ceremony?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by vickilafab(f): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
bee2bee:
Hello,

please I need ideas of event centre/marquees around ikeja for 400 guests and prices. Also whre can on get crystal embellished shoe and purse for a bride?

thanks.

u can get those in bridal shops that sell accessories.
I'm not in lag bt wil paste a list of som halls wt contacts for u. u can also check ds thread:
Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 2:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
bee2bee:
Hello,

thanks.

Etal hotel Oregun, ikeja
K & G Oregun
De hall, ikeja
Apro event centre

Several more available on request. Most importantly, what is your budget? This will help narrow down to range.

Need help working out a budget? Send a mail. Service is free

I have a craft store where you can get your shoes, purses embellished to your satisfaction.

Send me a mail or call and will send you the address

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
Eskay201:

The idea of a low key ceremony is relative. There are so many things to consider before setting a budget. One of the key thing is to decide the number of guests.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sayoddy(f): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2014
I'm at the crossroad as my wedding is in 5weeks time. We've ordered for my fiance's engagement entire- purple lace while my attire will be full aso-oke. pls apart from white and silver, what other other to be combine with purple that will go well with couple perfectly
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by vickilafab(f): 11:03am On Oct 28, 2014
sayoddy:
I'm at the crossroad as my wedding is in 5weeks time. We've ordered for my fiance's engagement entire- purple lace while my attire will be full aso-oke. pls apart from white and silver, what other other to be combine with purple that will go well with couple perfectly
Gold, beige, yellow, lilac, brick red, lime green.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
bee2bee:
Hello,

thanks.
hi..for event centers around ikeja...
1.Event place@ Agidingbin ikeja....has 400 & 500 guest capacity ,indoor n outdoor, n comes for 280k & 380k respectivly...prices may hv increased due to d festive season.

2. tobol Event centre @ Amore ikeja...500 guest 250k

3. the Anchor place @ agidingbi ikeja... 600-800 guest capacity...1.2m

i wud advice u use a guest space dats a bit bigger dan 400 ..say 500 to 600 cuz decor n some vendor setup matters...hope dis helps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by bee2bee(f): 6:33am On Oct 29, 2014
Thanks@ sassygal, @vicikilafab, @ amazimgevents. My budget for venue is like 500 k. I would also like a venue with the stage centralized instead of long halls.

@sassygal I just sent you a dm for the detail on shoes.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 29, 2014
bee2bee:
Thanks@ sassygal, @vicikilafab, @ amazimgevents. My budget for venue is like 500 k. I would also like a venue with the stage centralized instead of long halls.

@sassygal I just sent you a dm for the detail on shoes.
U welcome dear..n i belive d Event place @ agidingbin matches ur needs...pls remember dat u hv to book dem on time cos most event venues hv being booked for the whole year....when is ur wedding...sorru for asking..

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by bee2bee(f): 11:05am On Oct 29, 2014
@amazimgevents the exact date has not been decided but its going to be between march and may. Family members have to agree first.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 29, 2014
bee2bee:
@amazimgevents the exact date has not been decided but its going to be between march and may. Family members have to agree first.
that is enough time for good planning..

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by bee2bee(f): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
AmazimgEvents:

that is enough time for good planning..

okay. I will check out events place. Please any ideas on the sort of gift to give the grooms family for their visit on the day of introduction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.