Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Is It Right For A Man To Cry. And At What Age Should He Stop Crying? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Right For A Man To Cry. And At What Age Should He Stop Crying? (713 Views)

Stop Crying Wolf Because You Were Not Appointed Minister, Umana Replies Falana / Re: Oyegun And His Fellow Yoruba Traveller Stop Crying on behalf Of SE / Patience Jonathan Crying While Mourning Bayelsa Women That Died In Accident(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Man To Cry. And At What Age Should He Stop Crying? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 25, 2013
ɪs it right for a man †o cry?
my friend had a little malaria when he was 12 and he was
given a dose of analgin injection †o break his
running temperature.. That injection was so
painfull and thus he did the natural thing: HE
CRIED!!!!
He said "My aunts and siblings made fun of me, they said
I was crying like a girl. I know crying made me
feel better that evening but, I eventually took
more analgin in my later years, it still pained
the same or maybe more but I bottled it up in
me and felt worse, didn't want †o be seen as a
sissy when I know I would have felt better if I
cried........"
According †o our culture/ belief in the society, it is weak of a man of any kind †o show emotion
by crying (apparently only ladies should do that)
even when we feel like!!! But is that Right
What does it mean for a man to be strong? Does it mean he cannot cry, he cannot be vulnerable, he has to be invincible and never show someone he trusts his weak or vulnerable side? Does that make him any less of a man? Or does it make him more human, genuine, and honest?
What is it about our culture that says “it’s sissy
for men to cry or they need to cry privately?”
Relationships are hard enough, but to tell men to shutdown, that crying is for sissies, or to be vulnerable is unacceptable does not make for a happy life.
If any of you have ever cried you'd know its
therapeutic effect - It makes you feel better
almost immediately....
There's a reason even a man was made with tear ducts. Tears when genuine are a sign of Strength NOT Weakness.
(Refer †☺ Lincoln, Hitler, genghis khan e.t.c)
My question now is " IS IT RIGHT FOR A MAN TO CRY? AT WHAT AGE SHOULD HE STOP CRYING?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram - The Confessions Of Ahmad Salkida / How The Next Governor Of Lagos Will Emerge / Al-nakba Series On The Palestinian 'catastrophe' Of 1948

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.