Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

Lets Build This House. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lets Build This House. (39154 Views)

Checkout This House In Benin With It's Hilarious Gate (photo) / BE WARNED ; This House Is For Everybody, Not For Anybody. Picture. / Buy this House..You will love it. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
bro can you work in PH?

brabus:

If I'm building the same structure in Lagos (assuming the same terrain no raft), I'll do

Build Route - Contractor Managed

Foundation to DPC - N300k (labour), N1.2m (Materials)
Block Work to First floor slab - N300k (labour), N1.4m (Materials)
First floor slab - N2m (Material/Labour)
First floor block work to roof level - N350k (labour), N1.4m

Can you wor

Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
spyder880: Thank you Brabus, your comment is very educative.
@ GabbyTabby, the only reasons I wanted you to upload your own 2 flats floor plans is to highlight the differences between building of the same classification. When people scream because their builder had "ripped them off" and used 3600 blocks to build a house while "my cousin" I called on pnone told me he used 2000 blocks to build same 2 bedroom flats.

Most plans are differnt from each other, I have seen more than 10 variations of the 2 bedroom flats with the biggest being larger than a 4 bedroom flat! The plans our guy that started this thread uploaded is very long, can easily cost more than a normal 3 bedroom flat.

The plan uploaded by Gabbytabby is very small, just like the house I am building now. But its important we note that, some 2 bedrooms are larger than others.

yes i understand what your saying. Size of a plan matters a lot .
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
kopell: This is interesting as we're watching and listening. By the end of the day with all professionals and contractors in the house, this will make the owner make better decision on his project.

I honestly think this thread is a front page material. Lawyer, can you please push this to the front page?
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
spyder880:

I honestly think this thread is a front page material. Lawyer, can you please push this to the front page?

yes ooooooooo
Re: Lets Build This House. by gabbytabby: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
spyder880: Thank you Brabus, your comment is very educative.
@ GabbyTabby, the only reasons I wanted you to upload your own 2 flats floor plans is to highlight the differences between building of the same classification. When people scream because their builder had "ripped them off" and used 3600 blocks to build a house while "my cousin" I called on pnone told me he used 2000 blocks to build same 2 bedroom flats.

Most plans are differnt from each other, I have seen more than 10 variations of the 2 bedroom flats with the biggest being larger than a 4 bedroom flat! The plans our guy that started this thread uploaded is very long, can easily cost more than a normal 3 bedroom flat.

The plan uploaded by Gabbytabby is very small, just like the house I am building now. But its important we note that, some 2 bedrooms are larger than others.

I am not sure how you came to that as the built area for mine is approximately 10000mm by 15000mm(1584sq ft) while the OP's is 8000mm by 18000mm(1534 sq ft)

The thing to take away is the concept you have mentioned about design is quite important. The OP needs to use the information to guide his decision or not as the case may be. It was a very enlightening discussion.
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
gabbytabby:

I am not sure how you came to that as the built area for mine is approximately 10000mm by 15000mm(1584sq ft) while the OP's is 8000mm by 18000mm(1534 sq ft)

The thing to take away is the concept you have mentioned about design is quite important. The OP needs to use the information to guide his decision or not as the case may be. It was a very enlightening discussion.

Built area is immaterial in this comparison, the important thing is where blocks are laid in the foundation. A plan could be much larger but with big spaces where you dont lay blocks. His own plan can almost build 3 bedrooms.
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
jaydacorsair:
bro can you work in PH?

Sure we can work in PH but it has to be start to finish and we may need to discuss further. I can reached at +2348023429122
Re: Lets Build This House. by gabbytabby: 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
spyder880:

Built area is immaterial in this comparison, the important thing is where blocks are laid in the foundation. A plan could be much larger but with big spaces where you dont lay blocks. His own plan can almost build 3 bedrooms.

Now you are going round in circles grin grin grin
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
Good day everyone. Im discussing with my Oga @ brabus to see if i can bring him down to the east here for this project....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
jaydacorsair: Good day everyone. Im discussing with my Oga @ brabus to see if i can bring him down to the east here for this project....

Of course, he will give the house the expertise it deserves. Go ahead and finalyze the deal with him. This will mean that you are ready for the start to finish work as he asked?
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
spyder880:

Of course, he will give the house the expertise it deserves. Go ahead and finalyze the deal with him. This will mean that you are ready for the start to finish work as he asked?

And that will also lead to first construction collabo on Nairaland when Brabus and Spyder's team take on Sir Jaydacorsia's project in PH.

I'm sure I can count on your support at all times.
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
brabus:

And that will also lead to first construction collabo on Nairaland when Brabus and Spyder's team take on Sir Jaydacorsia's project in PH.

I'm sure I can count on your support at all times.

Yesooo, I am sure we can see and talk. My project in Ebonyi is in an area nearest to Abia, near also to Rivers. No bi only musicians sabi to collabo grin
Re: Lets Build This House. by NL1960: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
jaydacorsair: Good day everyone. Im discussing with my Oga @ brabus to see if i can bring him down to the east here for this project....

Good move. Can't wait to see 'chateau de jaydacorsair'
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
spyder880:

Yesooo, I am sure we can see and talk. My project in Ebonyi is in an area nearest to Abia, near also to Rivers. No bi only musicians sabi to collabo grin

lol no be only musicians ooooooo lol.....
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 10:27am On May 03, 2013
jaydacorsair:

lol no be only musicians ooooooo lol.....

Bros, please send me an email so that I can forward you the document requested
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 6:37pm On May 03, 2013
brabus:

Bros, please send me an email so that I can forward you the document requested. bosun@nexthomebuilders.com or bosun.dav13s@gmail.com

done.. now waiting for your payment schedule.
Re: Lets Build This House. by deking(m): 7:14pm On May 03, 2013
I have silently followed this thread and will like to say in the defense of the architect that prepared your quote that he deserves the contract. With some effective supervision perhaps you will be able to save at most half of a million. While Oga Brabus is a veteran in building I think one aspect that builders always neglect is the power of territorial control. Except you will be able to provide the required territorial cover for Oga Brabus, I will advise you to stick to the man that knows the terrain well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 7:31pm On May 03, 2013
deking: I have silently followed this thread and will like to say in the defense of the architect that prepared your quote that he deserves the contract. With some effective supervision perhaps you will be able to save at most half of a million. While Oga Brabus is a veteran in building I think one aspect that builders always neglect is the power of territorial control. Except you will be able to provide the required territorial cover for Oga Brabus, I will advise you to stick to the man that knows the terrain well.

yes bro I understand and wish to work with the architect if my arrangement with brabus doesnt work out. I can save more money with brabus. Thank you for your wonderful contribution.
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 10:18pm On May 03, 2013
deking: I have silently followed this thread and will like to say in the defense of the architect that prepared your quote that he deserves the contract. With some effective supervision perhaps you will be able to save at most half of a million. While Oga Brabus is a veteran in building I think one aspect that builders always neglect is the power of territorial control. Except you will be able to provide the required territorial cover for Oga Brabus, I will advise you to stick to the man that knows the terrain well.

When it comes to local knowledge, there's no substitute, you need a local. Our intention wasn't to move our full team from Lagos to PH to show the locals how it is done. We intend to work in partnership with the locals who had better understanding of the ground conditions and what is required to get the project to the finish line.
Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 7:32am On May 04, 2013
jaydacorsair:

yes bro I understand and wish to work with the architect if my arrangement with brabus doesnt work out. I can save more money with brabus. Thank you for your wonderful contribution.

U 'may' and NOT u 'can' because it's still assumption which MAY not be realistic. However, Brabus may do better considering what we have seen here.
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 12:15pm On May 04, 2013
segcy.moor:

U 'may' and NOT u 'can' because it's still assumption which MAY not be realistic. However, Brabus may do better considering what we have seen here.

thank you bro
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 11:19pm On May 10, 2013
The negotiation is still on and by Gods grace by next week Brabus and he's team will be here. Borehole drilling and site clearing has been taken care of. I will try as much as possible to update this thread.
Re: Lets Build This House. by lawali: 12:48am On May 11, 2013
Its quite educating following this thread. I just need some clarifications from the experts on type of foundations. Before now, the only type of foundation I know is just 3 to 4 coaches of blocks buried in the ground. Perharps, I relate most with constructions on dry land. Through this forum, I have seen & learnt about raft foundation in water logged area especially in Lekki axis. I could also see that it cost much. So if I buy land say Beechwood estate or area upland of Lekki/Ibeju that I can see is dry land, must I still construct raft foundation? Is it just in case of tsunami from the nearby ocean or everywhere on Lekki must have raft foundation? In these era of austerity measures, isn't that waste of my hard earned money.
Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2013
lawali: Its quite educating following this thread. I just need some clarifications from the experts on type of foundations. Before now, the only type of foundation I know is just 3 to 4 coaches of blocks buried in the ground. Perharps, I relate most with constructions on dry land. Through this forum, I have seen & learnt about raft foundation in water logged area especially in Lekki axis. I could also see that it cost much. So if I buy land say Beechwood estate or area upland of Lekki/Ibeju that I can see is dry land, must I still construct raft foundation? Is it just in case of tsunami from the nearby ocean or everywhere on Lekki must have raft foundation? In these era of austerity measures, isn't that waste of my hard earned money.
Although there are some place in Lekki/Ajah axis that seem dry, but d fact remains that all soil in this axis were sandy soil. In line with science of Building, the ideal foundation for such soil is raft. However, some people use to try block but that may be at there own risk. You will observe dampness in such building later on.
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2013
The Project is about to begin!

Hello!

Hi, I'm Brabus. I'm glad you clicked your way here. Please stay awhile! This thread is created so that YOU can follow how our our client overcame his fear. This is a way to share our life.

In the past week, Sir Jaydacorsiar has done a lot of enabling-works in preparation for the ground-breaking date. He'll be here to share his experiences so far on the project.

However, here's the project detail:

Project Type: Multi-Dwelling Unit
Project Location: Iwofe, Port Harcourt
Client: Nairalander
Main Contractor: NextHome Builders
Build-Route: Contractor-Managed
Budget: ******

Expected Completion Date: 31st July 2013 (Carcass only)

Follow us as we will be documenting the build.
Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 7:57pm On May 16, 2013
We can't stop to say THANK YOU!!!
Buy 60tons of Granite, get 10tons free...We appreciate you all.
Call: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565
Re: Lets Build This House. by mufutau55(m): 9:34pm On May 16, 2013
brabus: The Project is about to begin!

Wow! Brabus. So you are going to Port Harcourt for this...
One I will take you to my state Oyo/Ekiti for the same too.
Very interesting.. I will be here to see how things goes. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 11:20pm On May 16, 2013
Here's the land at Iwofe, Port Harcourt

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 11:45pm On May 16, 2013
From the hood...

Re: Lets Build This House. by mufutau55(m): 12:12am On May 17, 2013
brabus: From the hood...

Keep it up and straight brother..
God bless..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 5:50am On May 17, 2013
brabus: The Project is about to begin!

Hello!

Hi, I'm Brabus. I'm glad you clicked your way here. Please stay awhile! This thread is created so that YOU can follow how our our client overcame his fear. This is a way to share our life.

In the past week, Sir Jaydacorsiar has done a lot of enabling-works in preparation for the ground-breaking date. He'll be here to share his experiences so far on the project.

This is good, wishing you and your team a beautiful working experience in PH. Welcome cheesy
Re: Lets Build This House. by Jamesqu(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2013
@OP, please post your appraisal of Brabus @ the end and during the project. This will enable others patronize or distance themselves from him. Let's wait and see if this can be achieved. Best of luck to you both.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

A PLOT URGENTLY AVAILABLE NOW AT AMEN ESTATE. CALL ME NOW! / 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos / New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.