Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Lets Build This House. - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lets Build This House. (38685 Views)

Checkout This House In Benin With It's Hilarious Gate (photo) / BE WARNED ; This House Is For Everybody, Not For Anybody. Picture. / Buy this House..You will love it. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Build This House. by lerry009ri: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
segcy.moor:

Pls do send to---mooredesignbuild@gmail.com if you are referring to us. thanks
I HAVE SENT YOU A MAIL BUT NO RESPONSE
Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
I think I ve reply u. requesting for d location of d site
Re: Lets Build This House. by esoorita: 1:15am On Jul 15, 2013
I've been reading jaydacorsair thread all day. As I'm an aspiring house owner banking on the builders on Nairaland to build my impendig house, this thread is very depressing. It leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. I happen to hold the
builders on Nairaland in very high esteem because of their bravery to expose themselves to scrutiny during the course of
building a house for their clients. Their actions in this regard has shattered the myth that you have to be super rich to
build a house in Nigeria. I do believe that if I've been following the house building threads on Nairaland earlier than now, my house would probably have been completed by now but still I'm happy to be a beneficiary of free information and
education on Nairaland.
As for the issue of Brabus and jaydacorsair, I think mistakes were made by both parties. The mistake jaydacorsair made primarily was to ignore the advice of seasoned builders in the house who ratified the quote or 11 million Naira he got
from the architect. If I were jaydacorsair I would not have ignored the advice of Spyder, Segcy-moor and Chekitaut as to
the reasonableness and fairness of the quoted price. However, jaydacorsair did make a comment about tribal fraternity of
the builders in supporting the quote by the architect. Sometimes, the cheapest price is not necessarily the best.
The mistake Brabus made was to make a grave error of under-quoting just to secure the job because I do believe that he
would sort of have a gut feeling that the quote he gave jaydacorsair for the building project cannot be achieved. Also, the moment he saw the anomaly in the size of the blocks he should have duly informed his client about the problem and a solution could have been worked out rather than ignoring what would later cause a serious problem for the building and his reputation as a competent and knowledgeable builder.
As things stand at the moment, I think Brabus will have to do a lot of bridge building to restore the faith of any prospective client on Nairaland and the start of it is to tender a public apology to jadacorsair and for him to accept
the apology publicly and then we can move on and close the chapter of the unfortunate incident. We thank God that no life is lost and no one sustained an injury as a result of what happened. The lessons of life is infinite, we are all
human and as such we are bound to make mistakes but we have a duty to learn from our mistakes.
What has happened in this instance shouldn't stop anyone from contracting a building project to Brabus because I believe that henceforth he would tread with caution.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 7:54am On Jul 15, 2013
I am only interested in the Client's mistake u pointed out. I ve a similar experience of recent. The Client in question got quote lesser than mine but i advise him to procure the materials and get security on site to monitor the flow of the work .......i think Brabus is already Building bridge in Ondo to access the site.
Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 7:54am On Jul 15, 2013
I am only interested in the Client's mistake u pointed out. I ve a similar experience of recent. The Client in question got quote lesser than mine but i advise him to procure the materials and get security on site to monitor the flow of the work ............i think Brabus is already Building bridge in Ondo to access the site.
Re: Lets Build This House. by emmadejust(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2013
i find this thread interesting because of d experience of the builder,architect,material cost and estimation.positions of family/friends suggestions in following contractor.its great that i learn and be hook to mentor thru tis forum.my interest and wish is to be link to my area of service.i wil be glad to allied wit house builders ans owners who need fabrication of aluminum windows and doors,interior and exterior wall screeding,and all type of painting service.anywhere in port harcourt,owerri, aba, bayelsa, enugu or any location .

Call us 08032721809, 08188227802
Email: techdejust@gmail.com
motto: Our faith, our reality in life
Re: Lets Build This House. by jam04(m): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
segcy.moor:
I am only interested in the Client's mistake u pointed out. I ve a similar experience of recent. The Client in question got quote lesser than mine but i advise him to procure the materials and get security on site to monitor the flow of the work ............i think Brabus is already Building bridge in Ondo to access the site.

segcy.moor...you also tendered a quotation for the same project brabus is handling in Ondo?

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
esoorita:
As for the issue of Brabus and jaydacorsair, I think mistakes were made by both parties. The mistake jaydacorsair made primarily was to ignore the advice of seasoned builders in the house who ratified the quote or 11 million Naira he got from the architect. If I were jaydacorsair I would not have ignored the advice of Spyder, Segcy-moor and Chekitaut as to
the reasonableness and fairness of the quoted price. However, jaydacorsair did make a comment about tribal fraternity of the builders in supporting the quote by the architect. Sometimes, the cheapest price is not necessarily the best.
The mistake Brabus made was to make a grave error of under-quoting just to secure the job because I do believe that hewould sort of have a gut feeling that the quote he gave jaydacorsair for the building project cannot be achieved. Also, the moment he saw the anomaly in the size of the blocks he should have duly informed his client about the problem and a solution could have been worked out rather than ignoring what would later cause a serious problem for the building and his reputation as a competent and knowledgeable builder.
As things stand at the moment, I think Brabus will have to do a lot of bridge building to restore the faith of any prospective client on Nairaland and the start of it is to tender a public apology to jadacorsair and for him to accept
the apology publicly and then we can move on and close the chapter of the unfortunate incident. We thank God that no life is lost and no one sustained an injury as a result of what happened. The lessons of life is infinite, we are all human and as such we are bound to make mistakes but we have a duty to learn from our mistakes.
What has happened in this instance shouldn't stop anyone from contracting a building project to Brabus because I believe that henceforth he would tread with caution.

I don't need to say anything now until I finish my current project which is twice the size of the one here and the challenges are so enormous, the design more complex. Then, I'll announce the budget so that we can see that the problem ain't underquoting just to secure the job. Irrespective of how bad the situation might be or the challenges of the terrain, I can never miss a simple job as strip foundation on a flat surface completely. Something is definitely wrong somewhere but I thank God the project is moving on without me.

My major mistake is that I am too trusting. The most damaging aspect of the whole drama is the trauma to my heart from being betrayed by the people (typical hungry Nigerians) that I love and trusted.

I pray we shall all be rewarded accordingly. Whom God has blessed, no man can destroy!

2 Likes

Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
Buy 120tons of Granite @N1,980/ton and get 15tons free.
Call: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
jam04:

segcy.moor...you also tendered a quotation for the same project brabus is handling in Ondo?
....Se na Brabus tell u dat or u had from Mimiko?
Re: Lets Build This House. by transponder: 12:14am On Jul 28, 2013
Can you please send me the cost of building this type of house in Ilorin, Kwara state, my email is oluwatoyinoboh@yahoo.com
Re: Lets Build This House. by jam04(m): 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
segcy.moor:

....Se na Brabus tell u dat or u had from Mimiko?

Lol
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 4:44am On Aug 06, 2013
Degis:

What I don't like is when somebody decides to read a post and decides to take a part that suits him to begin to rant and rain on. You clearly read where I said Brabus should make concessions to the Client in order to move forward, so why rant on the previous mistakes Brabus made, I don't know Brabus neither do I know the Client but I detest a situation where someone sees only challenges but no solution

Obviously, there's no smoke without fire. Concession was made but was there any improvement at all? Maybe or maybe not!

I thank everyone who contributed on this thread for your support and kind words. I've always believed and maintain this simple policy in life that when things go wrong I shouldnt go with it.

May we all reap the fruit of our labour!!!

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by lastpage: 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hmmmm.........

Where are we now?

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by emmadejust(m): 12:41am On Nov 26, 2013
For your proffessional screeding and painting
works in your residential and commercial
building/homes.
We give Fine standard finishing in interior and
exterior screeding and painting to the delight and
satisfactory taste of homes owners.
We derive Pleasures in offering extraodinary
services to our customers/client homes to
showcase the beauty, value, and perfection of
our services.we have been adding
brilliance colours, designs,coating and wall
protection works .
Try us for your -: professional screeding
&painting contract.
Decorative painting design.
Material supplier contract
In portharcourt, bayelsa, aba, owerri, enugu and
any location in nigeria for on site inspection and
estimation

Call us 08032721809, 08188227802
Email: techdejust@gmail.com

motto: Our faith, our reality in life
Re: Lets Build This House. by gtrust: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please, anybody remembers this project

Brabus/NextHome: can you comment

Lawyer: why didn't you stop this Brabus/NextHome whatever he calls himself
Why so many victims

Who are the government Agencies incharge of building regulations and regulation of builders in Nigeria
What about the Standard Organisation of Nigeria
How can someone just come and claim he can build houses and mess people up and nobody in authority is worried

Is this NOT a crime against the state or don't we have that in Nigeria

Is it not supposed to be the government that should be fighting this Brabus/Nexthome and NOT the victims

Just go through and see EVIDENCE!

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by DUNKA(m): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2013
gtrust: Please, anybody remembers this project

Why so many victims

Who are the government Agencies incharge of building regulations and regulation of builders in Nigeria
How can someone just come and claim he can build houses and mess people up and nobody in authority is worried

Is it not supposed to be the government that should be fighting this Brabus/Nexthome and NOT the victims

gba.m!

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by cleric(m): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
diordaves: n Quantity Unit Price Cost
Iron Bender - - 20,000.00
Casting of the DPC - - 150,000.00
Sand Filling/Ramming/Surface treatment - - 100,000.00
Supervision - - 100,000.00
Subtotal 1,812,250.00
BLOCK SETTING (GROUND FLOOR)
9” Block 3600 150.00 540,000.00
Cement (for block setting and casting of the
lintels)
100 1,700.00 170,000.00
Sand 40 1,900.00 76,000.00
Granite - 100,000.00
Reinforcements
16mm iron rod (ton) 1 115,000.00 115,000.00
12mm iron rod (½ ton) 1 115,000.00 57,500.00
10mm iron rod (lengths) 25 800.00 20,000.00
Binding Wire (for formwork and iron bending) 2 4,000.00 8,000.00
Formwork (Lintels, & Columns)
1 x 12 x 12 100 1,000.00 100,000.00
Nails 1 5,500.00 5,500.00
Sawing/Transport 20,000.00
Labour Charges
Bricklayers - - 170,000.00
Iron Benders - - 50,000.00
Carpenters - - 70,000.00
Supervision - - 120,000.00
Subtotal 1,622,000.00
FIRST FLOOR SLAB
Reinforcements
12mm iron rod (ton) 3 115,000.00 287,500.00
16mm iron rod (ton) 1 115,000.00 115,000.00
10mm iron rod (ton) 1 115,000.00 57,500.00
3, Babatunde Tandoh str
Owode Reservation Estate, Ajah - Lagos
T 08023429122
bosun@nexthomebuilders.com
www.nexthomebuilders.com
Re: Lets Build This House. by Jamesqu(m): 1:50am On Aug 01, 2014
gtrust: Please, anybody remembers this project

Why so many victims

This data loss na bad thing abeg!
Re: Lets Build This House. by cleric(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
I believe it is all sorted out now.
Re: Lets Build This House. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
So who decided to use 6" blocks?

Brabus?
The guy he left in charge?
The owner?

I read all 12 pages and I must have missed it.

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmmmm....this is similar to the Ikorodu job.

https://www.nairaland.com/2486191/ikorodu-mansion-diy-report

Na wa o.
Re: Lets Build This House. by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 05, 2015
sometime the quotes that works for one building project might not work for another one, change in material prices, slight changes in design , one need to look into different areas and don't allow your customer relying on a rough estimate, it might be lesser or higher at the end of the day, u might be the one to gain while ur customer is losing a lot but one need to consider their customers as well when quoting, sincerity goes a long way in services we all offer, and I'm impress with a lot of us here on Nairaland , my ogas una well done o, more success I pray , oga Brabus I greet o, oga Spyder , Hajji oga mi and other great men in their field. Good morning
Re: Lets Build This House. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
jaydacorsair:
Hi all, Im back and will resume work this coming week. I will try as much as possible to update this thread. Thanks

Did you ever finish this house? And if do can you share what you did with the foundation?

If you prefer not to open an old wound I'll understand.
Re: Lets Build This House. by engr0frank: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
hmmm well I'm bldr frank my people die because of knowledge the hole mistake is from the site supervisor in developed word a civil ENGR is not authorised to build at all but in Nigeria both the unskilled labourers do build one they can interpret the drawing while the whole issue is not to interpret the drawing but as a builder you must you must know the language of the earth and knowledge of architectural drawing, structural drawing, site layout plan, electrical drawing, quantifying and other mechanical drawing and also have a good practical knowledge of them in the site so with this you can identify and lifted drawing and know what to do before construction otherwise you will be doing the wrong thing at the good time and if the artisans notice you know nothing they will be doing any how just to favour them pocket I can remember my first contract the client told me to sketch electrical plan for him and till him how the wires will go I did it that's how he is convinced that I'm versatile so my humble client be wise you building is your wealth.
Re: Lets Build This House. by Finesing: 7:07pm On Feb 12, 2019

Did you ever finish this house? And if do can you share what you did with the foundation?

If you prefer not to open an old wound I'll understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) / Come Here,let Me Show You "What A Man Can Do,a Woman Can Do Better / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.