Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Lets Build This House. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lets Build This House. (38695 Views)

Checkout This House In Benin With It's Hilarious Gate (photo) / BE WARNED ; This House Is For Everybody, Not For Anybody. Picture. / Buy this House..You will love it. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 8:46pm On May 17, 2013
brabus: The Project is about to begin!

Hello!

Hi, I'm Brabus. I'm glad you clicked your way here. Please stay awhile! This thread is created so that YOU can follow how our our client overcame his fear. This is a way to share our life.

In the past week, Sir Jaydacorsiar has done a lot of enabling-works in preparation for the ground-breaking date. He'll be here to share his experiences so far on the project.

However, here's the project detail:

Project Type: Multi-Dwelling Unit
Project Location: Iwofe, Port Harcourt
Client: Nairalander
Main Contractor: NextHome Builders
Build-Route: Contractor-Managed
Budget: ******

Expected Completion Date: 31st July 2013 (Carcass only)

Follow us as we will be documenting the build.
brabus: The Project is about to begin!

Hello!

Hi, I'm Brabus. I'm glad you clicked your way here. Please stay awhile! This thread is created so that YOU can follow how our our client overcame his fear. This is a way to share our life.

In the past week, Sir Jaydacorsiar has done a lot of enabling-works in preparation for the ground-breaking date. He'll be here to share his experiences so far on the project.

However, here's the project detail:

Project Type: Multi-Dwelling Unit
Project Location: Iwofe, Port Harcourt
Client: Nairalander
Main Contractor: NextHome Builders
Build-Route: Contractor-Managed
Budget: ******

Expected Completion Date: 31st July 2013 (Carcass only)

Follow us as we will be documenting the build.

....and we shall follow you. But we are interested in the contract sum. The question is: are u guy still maintaining 'controversial' bill present by Jaydacorsiar's Architect
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2013
"One thing drives us to do better each day: We are only as good as the last home we build."

If I can survive in PH, definitely my Oga at the top (Spyder880) would do better in Lagos.

Update: We broke ground yesterday and excavation of the lot is ongoing at the moment. I'll update pics shortly.

Brabus will be on site today.

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 1:23pm On May 18, 2013
brabus:
"One thing drives us to do better each day: We are only as good as the last home we build."

If I can survive in PH, definitely my Oga at the top (Spyder880) would do better in Lagos.

Update: We broke ground yesterday and excavation of the lot is ongoing at the moment. I'll update pics shortly.

Brabus will be on site today.

Which Oga? Na you be the Babagrin I dobale for you o. Carry go my brother, maybe we meet face to face before you complete this work in PH. You too much.
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 1:28pm On May 18, 2013
Work in progress

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 1:44pm On May 18, 2013
Sir Jaydacorsia has been a very good man and such client deserve the best. Even where he found us to have quoted lesser than the local market price, we were duly informed.

Oga Spyder/Segcy.moor/Chekitaut, can you see that? He has done his part, I think it's fair to give him value for his money.

_______
Project Update

Foundation Depth: 1m
Re: Lets Build This House. by twinskenny(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2013
brabus: Sir Jaydacorsia has been a very good man and such client deserve the best. Even where he found us to have quoted lesser than the local market price, we were duly informed.

Oga Spyder/Segcy.moor/Chekitaut, can you see that? He has done his part, I think it's fair to give him value for his money.

_______
Project Update

we all pray for the success of this project.... ride on sir
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 3:23pm On May 18, 2013
brabus: Sir Jaydacorsia has been a very good man and such client deserve the best. Even where he found us to have quoted lesser than the local market price, we were duly informed.

_______
Project Update

He is so humble, he deserves "jara" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 5:16pm On May 18, 2013

_______
Project Update

Brabus...I don tell my wife to make Beans with Banana for you arrival...but with your comment no forget home oooooooooo, I love to hear client some client are kind...They know what you will pass through and they will reward u for it. for my broda to mention this, Unna don spoil am. well done bro from another mother. Have a stress free work Days. If the unna no release, we go come release u.
Re: Lets Build This House. by Degis(m): 10:03pm On May 18, 2013
I have been a silent reader for sometime now and I must confess that the brotherhood and convivial atmosphere in this section of Nairaland seems to be second to none. I have noticed that this section is rancour free and matured in contributions. God bless you all real good

2 Likes

Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 10:39pm On May 18, 2013
Degis: I have been a silent reader for sometime now and I must confess that the brotherhood and convivial atmosphere in this section of Nairaland seems to be second to none. I have noticed that this section is rancour free and matured in contributions. God bless you all real good
Our concept Many builders solution but 1 building. We are together as ONE. Happy family. One day we will launch 7builders(Spider880, brabus, Junapril, Aventure, segcy.moor, skimanski, Chekitaut)
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On May 18, 2013
Degis: I have been a silent reader for sometime now and I must confess that the brotherhood and convivial atmosphere in this section of Nairaland seems to be second to none. I have noticed that this section is rancour free and matured in contributions. God bless you all real good

This is our own little contribution towards making our country a better place for our children. Nigeria has got talent! The amount of human material in our midst is just too much. We are not waiting for the government to spoon-feed us, we have seized the initiative and will dictate the pace, our goal? A SOLID PARTNERSHIP TARGETED AT DELIVERING TOP QUALITY AFFORDABLE HOMES TO NIGERIANS. We can do this, and we will!

3 Likes

Re: Lets Build This House. by diordaves(m): 1:55am On May 19, 2013
Jaydacorsair well done. Good to see progress.

Brabus congratulations ! We go wash am o. How the rains in PH? or no rain? What's your experience so far with local labour and Community Youths? They could be very peaceful though in some parts of PH.
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2013
The Rains
The weather is fine in Port Harcourt and we are working with the weather report. Today, major works happen in the daytime as we expect light showers around the evening.

Experience With The Locals
In general, professionals will agree with me that when dealing with construction projects in a new location, you should first start out on a friendly basis. We are working with some of them and the experience has been so sweet. However, we sef no dey do gra gra o!
Finally, there are some things you may just have to live with. I cannot carry Chekitaut from Lagos to come and supply in PH, it might be a good idea to deal with the locals and enjoy their support.

@Degis, We are trying to reunify our entire diaspora by creating “virtual communities” and possibly make Nigeria work again. Its nice having you on board. Please spread the goodnews
Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 11:48am On May 19, 2013
brabus: I cannot carry Chekitaut from Lagos to come and supply in PH, it might be a good idea to deal with the locals and enjoy their support.

@Degis, We are trying to reunify our entire diaspora by creating “virtual communities” and possibly make Nigeria work again. Its nice having you on board. Please spread the goodnews
Brabus...what did you just say...? I will not come, a white man working in Imo state call for service, when i consult my Oga spyder880, i just conclude the stress(area boys, bad roads, distance will be much and not worth it...and i have not serve all my client here in the west calling for services...we are all praying for you Brabus, God will send down he's angel to take charge and protect you all 2ru your stay...your family you left as the bread winner will not regret your absent.Amen remain bless
Re: Lets Build This House. by mybad: 12:01pm On May 19, 2013
brabus: Work in progress

@brabus: You're the master here so don't mind my asking.
In the picture of the work in progress, the foundation seems a bit too close to the fence.
Shouldn't there be room for sewage,parking,play area or for future development?
Maybe i can learn from this and maximize space next time.
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 1:02pm On May 19, 2013
mybad:

@brabus: You're the master here so don't mind my asking.
In the picture of the work in progress, the foundation seems a bit too close to the fence.
Shouldn't there be room for sewage,parking,play area or for future development?
Maybe i can learn from this and maximize space next time.

Here's the site information

Land Size: 50 x 100
Building Size: 30 x 70
Building Type: Multi-Dwelling Unit (4 Units of 2 Bedroom Flat)

Bros, we need to manage space o. There's space for all you asked.
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 1:05pm On May 19, 2013
Today in picture

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2013
Progress Pics

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 12:16pm On May 21, 2013
And

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2013
Then

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 12:55pm On May 21, 2013
Panoramic View of the Site

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2013
Blinding Continues

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 3:08pm On May 21, 2013
Happening Now

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2013
And Now

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 11:26am On May 22, 2013
Foundation wall going up

Re: Lets Build This House. by twinskenny(m): 1:14pm On May 22, 2013
ride on sir.. the Lord is your strenght
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 2:12pm On May 22, 2013
Walls going up

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 2:52pm On May 22, 2013
Panoramic View

Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 6:02pm On May 22, 2013
I hope I can see clearly. Is this not 6' block for foundation?. or may be that is their style over their.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2013
segcy.moor:
I hope I can see clearly. Is this not 6' block for foundation?. or may be that is their style over their.

Your eyes no dey deceive you sir.
Re: Lets Build This House. by Bizaga: 8:47pm On May 23, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 6:08am On May 24, 2013
Bizaga:

Hmmmmmmm...... my fisrt post here, glad I am not the only peson with eye problem. @oga builder, what happened to make you change from the agreed block size wey i see for first page to this smaller one? i no know book o!

We didn't just change. The drawing specified 6". You can take a look at the drawings on the first page once again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) / Come Here,let Me Show You "What A Man Can Do,a Woman Can Do Better / High Tension Wire On A House Pillar: Your Opinion On This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.