Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

List. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List. (8079 Views)

Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General. / Nigeria Ranks 4th On Interpol's African Wanted List / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List. by umar4sure(m): 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
re
Re: List. by alfaman2: 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
Story story,
STORY!

Once upon a time,
TIME TIME!

1 Like

Re: List. by phantom(m): 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
alfaman2: Story story,
STORY!

Once upon a time,
TIME TIME!
lol.....scam!
Re: List. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
where art thou source niggor?
Re: List. by mike404(m): 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin
Akuko na egwu mike ejeagha

1 Like

Re: List. by BrokenTV: 9:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
umar4sure: Major General Muhammadu Buhari On Boko Haram’s
Most Wanted List. Ahmed Salkida, the popular journalist who is the only
one who has successfully and consistently been able
to get in touch with the leadership of the Jama’a Ahl
al-sunnah li-da’wa wa al-jihad, better known as Boko
Haram, has revealed that if the violent Islamic sect
knows the whereabouts of Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) they would kill him. In an interview with online journalist, Mercy Abang,
Salkida was asked a question about Buhari’s
relationship with the sect when he made the startling
revelation. The question and his response appear
below; Q: You once said the way out of the conflict is for a
trusted and independent body to ferry moderate
clerics to a third friendly country with the leadership of
Boko Haram… Are you speaking the mind of the
sect? Because they (Boko Haram) had requested
former head of state Muhammadu Buhari, to lead the peace deal to hold in Saudi Arabia? A: First of all, the sect never said Buhari should be a
mediator or mentioned going to Saudi. It is the same
Abdulaziz group that declared ceasefire that made the
pronouncement on Buhari and co. When they called
me to dispatch this same message to the media, I
asked the caller several questions about who he was and why haven’t the sect reached me through the
usual source. He could not give me answers so he
called ignorant journalists that spread his message
like wild fire. I am sorry to say this, if the sect knows where to find
General Buhari (someone I respect a lot) they will
make an attempt on his life. To them, any retired and
servicing soldier, police, politician or civil servant is
an infidel that deserves to be killed. So how can the
same sect with such an ideology listen to General Buhari, the Governor of Borno state or any other
politician or the Sultan? The average member of this sect see all these people
whether they are muslims or not as ‘livil corpses’. For
God sake have we not been listening to this people in
the last couple of years?. Am I the only one listening
to them? It seems the sect have been more
consistent with their message than the Federal and state governments involve in this conflict. Your second question about going to a third friendly
nation to have an ideological debate with the sect. For
me, I will always maintain that since this is a problem
of doctrine then it must be tackled through a coherent,
profound counter doctrine. There has not been any
concrete ideological intervention by the appropriate authorities only military intervention. If the sect members say the Qur’an allows them to kill
Christians and fellow muslim security agents,
politicians, teachers, vaccinators and opposing
clerics. I think it is wise for Muslims that disagree
with them to understand their arguments clearly and
bring a superior one to counter it, and I don’t think you can hold such a debate before the eyes of the JTF. It can best be done with the assurances of a third
friendly nation whom the sect can trust and the clerics
of this nation may serve along side other international
clerics as arbiters.
I think such an informal dialogue will not only make us
understand the reasons of this conflict but what is feeding it and it will provide us with the best possible
way to approach dialogue or amnesty.
k

1 Like

Re: List. by vizboy(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
Singing *this is superstory*
Re: List. by slimghost(m): 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
Singing *this is the STORY of my life*
Re: List. by topmostg: 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
Broken TV:
k
nitwit!!

2 Likes

Re: List. by kufre2010: 11:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
May be this is their new plan to exempt themselves. So they sent the op to try it on nairaland before they will take it to the media house.
Re: List. by coputa(m): 12:24am On Apr 26, 2013
A divertionary tactics...those who throw stones should not live in a glass house.
Re: List. by coputa(m): 12:25am On Apr 26, 2013
I can still see the tail of the ostrich
Re: List. by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 26, 2013
*In Eldee's voice* All na wash.
Re: List. by segunobe(m): 4:31am On Apr 26, 2013
Most wanted indeed. So General Buhari has become a needle in a hay sack wey dem dey find? The same Boko Haram that tracked someone as private and conservative as General Shuwa? abeg talk another one. This one no jell.

1 Like

Re: List. by BrokenTV: 8:21am On Apr 26, 2013
topmostg: nitwit!!
wey suck you
Re: List. by topmostg: 8:57am On Apr 26, 2013
Broken TV:
wey suck you
SUCKER!!!, i mean for crying out loud, how can you quote the whole topic just for "K"?
Honestly, You need to grow up SON...

1 Like

Re: List. by idupaul: 9:00am On Apr 26, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahaha .. This article is funny, very funny.. Dem think say we be learners
Re: List. by bcomputer101: 9:06am On Apr 26, 2013
Broken TV:
k

You are nothing but a product of wasted SPERM and
ENERGY.

Where is my sledge hammer?

You deserve a nail on your bald head...

#i.d.i.o.t#

1 Like

Re: List. by BrokenTV: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
[quote author=bcomputer101

You are nothing but a product of wasted uterus. If it pains you jump into volcano.
Re: List. by badmrkt(m): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2013
Mr/Mss/Mrs you mis-interpreted them bokos,or perhaps,you'd wanted saying 'Buhari most loved and respected by bok(hari)o haram'.we forgive your mistake anyways.
Re: List. by BrokenTV: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2013
topmostg: SUCKER!!!, i mean for crying out loud, how can you quote the whole topic just for "K"?
Honestly, You need to grow up SON...
do you want make i re quote it again
Re: List. by naptu2: 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
It's been a long time since I've read analysis on nairaland from someone who actually understands what's going on.

The main boko haram are not interested in amnesty and will kill anybody who disagrees with their views (whether muslim or christian, northern leader or southern leader). Their goal is simply to establish the global caliphate.

However, I still believe in the amnesty programme as a way of removing the distractions of the political and criminal boko haram and isolating the al-qaeda/boko haram faction. (I don't believe that dialogue or amnesty will work with the al-qaeda/boko haram. We must defeat them militarily and cut off their sources of funding/weapons).

1 Like

Re: List. by Beaf1: 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
^
Yes! quote it again 'Broken Brain cell'
Re: List. by naptu2: 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
There are so many popular misconceptions about this thing, but if you listen to the intelligence agencies (both nigerian and foreign), you study boko haram press releases and you've been following the situation since 2003, you'll understand what's going on.

1) Some believe that boko haram wants a separate country for the north. They would be surprised to discover that boko haram will continue fighting even if a separate country is created in the north. This is because boko haram wants to conquer the whole of West Africa (including southern Nigeria) and make it part of the global caliphate.

2) Some believe that boko haram exists because the north wants to take over the presidency. They forget that, even though boko haram was created in 2002 when a southerner was president, it's first nationally reported acts of violence occurred in 2009 when a northerner was president. Boko haram attacks will continue even if a northerner is elected president, because they do not recognise the constitution or the government of Nigeria.

3) Boko Haram exists because the north wants money. It's true that the criminal and political factions of boko haram want power and money, but the main al-qaeda faction is not interested in those things. Their aim is simply to take over Nigeria and establish the global caliphate.

2 Likes

Re: List. by ujchief(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
^ ^ so, dear analyst, what do you have us do? Give in to their demand of a global caliphate?

@topic, all I see is a hyperbole from the journalist.
Re: List. by naptu2: 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
ujchief: ^ ^ so, dear analyst, what do you have us do? Give in to their demand of a global caliphate?

@topic, all I see is a hyperbole from the journalist.

Does it sound sensible to give in to their demands

I've already stated that the government must defeat the al-qaeda faction of boko haram militarily. I believe we should have taken up the offer of the former president of Niger to host ecomog forces there (this would act as a buffer for us). I supported the intervention in Mali. I also believe that the NIA must do everything possible to arrest the former president of Mauritania. I also support the amnesty process as a means of getting info and isolating the radical wing of boko haram (the militants must surrender their weapons and disclose their sources of funding/weapons. People who have been involved in murders should be excluded from the amnesty deal).

I also believe we need to have surgical operations (much like the one that was carried out in Boston) to arrest and capture key commanders of the group.

But above all, we need to unite (beyond ethnic, religious or political affiliations) to defeat this monster.
Re: List. by ujchief(m): 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
Well,

I don't support the amnesty for obvious reasons; there are more than one faction of boko haram. Amnesty should only be 'considered' if and only if all the factions of boko haram embraces the amnesty deal and cease fire.
Else, how possible do you think it is to exclude people that has previously be involved in murder from the deal? Which boko faction hasn't involved itself in murder yet?

As for uniting to fight the insurgency, that is a long shot! The greatest challenge of the JTF has been the locals, who seems to protect the haramites; this led to the recent military action at Baga. Uniting to fight it is really a long shot.
Re: List. by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 28, 2013
This is clearly a failed attempt to insult our intelligence.

WTF!!!!!!
Re: List. by naptu2: 3:01am On Apr 28, 2013
ujchief: Well,

I don't support the amnesty for obvious reasons; there are more than one faction of boko haram. Amnesty should only be 'considered' if and only if all the factions of boko haram embraces the amnesty deal and cease fire.
Else, how possible do you think it is to exclude people that has previously be involved in murder from the deal? Which boko faction hasn't involved itself in murder yet?

As for uniting to fight the insurgency, that is a long shot! The greatest challenge of the JTF has been the locals, who seems to protect the haramites; this led to the recent military action at Baga. Uniting to fight it is really a long shot.

1) I certainly do not support the idea of amnesty for all factions. That has never worked. Even in the Niger-Delta amnesty deal, you'll remember that Henry Okar's faction of MEND, John Togo and some of the other war lords did not accept the amnesty deal. The most hardline factions will not accept the deal, but that's ok. I want the hardline factions to be crushed. In the case of the Niger-Delta, what happened to Orkar, Togo and the other hardliners? They were crushed. However, the surrendering militants might provide valuable intelligence that will help to crush the hardliners. Furthermore, it will mean that the JTF can better concentrate their firepower on the hardliners without the distraction of the criminal and political factions.

2) It is not all members of boko haram that have been involved in murder. Some people have been spokesmen for the group, errand boys, some have been involved in robberies to raise funds, etc. For example, Ali Sada Umar Konduga was sentenced to just 3 years in prison because his role was simply to help the sect send threatening messages ( https://www.nairaland.com/809371/boko-haram-spokesman-pleads-guilty ). These sort of people have lived with members of the sect and may be able to provide valuable intelligence (remember that it was a messenger that led the US to discover Osama Bin Ladin's hideout).

3) Don't be deceived. In any conflict you'll have locals who sympathise with the militants and those who disagree with the militants. For example, in Kano at least 3 militants (probably more) have been lynched by residents and both the JTF and boko haram have confirmed that locals are helping the JTF. However, the government needs to initiate a "hearts and minds" campaign (similar to what the americans did in Iraq and Afghanistan). The situation in northern Nigeria at the moment does not favour informants.

A) Both Boko Haram and the JTF confirmed that Kano residents have been providing information to the security services. Boko Haram even wrote a letter, threatening Kano residents that supply information to the security services http://www.osundefender.org/?p=32758 . Question: how did boko haram know that residents were providing information to the security services (remember that the President said that boko haram has infiltrated the security services and also remember that boko haram once published a list of members of the SSS and their addresses https://www.nairaland.com/1034079/boko-haram-sympathizer-obtains-personnel )? Does that mean that there's an information leakage in the JTF? If you provide information to the JTF and boko haram finds out and punishes you, would other citizens be encouraged to provide information?

B) Boko haram was started in 2002. By 2003 the SSS had started monitoring the sect. In 2004 boko haram attacked police stations and many members of the sect (including the leader, Mohammed Yusuf) were arrested. They eventually got bail and attacked the police again in 2009. That's why policemen refused to arrest them, but preferred to carry out extra-judicial killings of boko haram members. If you were a resident and you see that militants were arrested, then a few months later you see these militants on the streets, out on bail, would you be encouraged to provide information about them, knowing that the person that's arrested today might be released tomorrow?

C) The behaviour of our security services also leaves a lot to be desired. Many citizens fear that they would also be arrested if they provide information to the police. Even in criminal cases and cases of car accidents, the police often arrests informants, with the excuse that informants know something about the crime/accidents and are therefore suspects. We have to accept the fact that our security services have gotten a bad reputation over the years and the government needs to initiate a "hearts and mind" campaign to change that perception. It is possible to change that perception.

2 Likes

Re: List. by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 28, 2013
naptu2:

1) I certainly do not support the idea of amnesty for all factions. That has never worked. Even in the Niger-Delta amnesty deal, you'll remember that Henry Okar's faction of MEND and some of the war lords did not accept the amnesty deal. The most hardline factions will not accept the deal, but that's ok. I want the hardline factions to be crushed. In the case of the Niger-Delta, what happened to Orkar and the other hardliners? They were crushed. However, the surrendering militants might provide valuable intelligence that will help to crush the hardliners. Furthermore, it will mean that the JTF can better concentrate their firepower on the hardliners without the distraction of the criminal and political factions.

This represents the basis for amnesty. It's more or less a ploy to get moderates to weaken the hardliners.

2) It is not all members of boko haram that have been involved in murder. Some people have been spokesmen for the group, errand boys, some have been involved in robberies to raise funds, etc. For example, Ali Sada Umar Konduga was sentenced to just 3 years in prison because his role was simply to help the sect send threatening messages ( https://www.nairaland.com/809371/boko-haram-spokesman-pleads-guilty ). These sort of people have lived with members of the sect and may be able to provide valuable intelligence (remember that it was a messenger that led the US to discover Osama Bin Ladin's hideout).

All members have blood on their hands. Once you belong to BH, then one way or the other, you have contributed to success of the organisation. They are all criminals.

3) Don't be deceived. In any conflict you'll have locals who sympathise with the militants and those who disagree with the militants. For example, in Kano at least 3 militants (probably more) have been lynched by residents and both the JTF and boko haram have concfirmed that locals are helping the JTF. However, the government needs to initiate a "hearts and minds" campaign (similar to what the americans did in Iraq and Afghanistan). The situation in northern Nigeria at the moment does not favour informants.

Completely true. That's why insurgents can not really survive in an environment they are not familiar with.

There's no trust between citizens and the Police. That trust can not be developed overnight. It will take years for such trust to be developed.

I support Amnesty because the Nigerian Military can not defeat BH without a substantial collateral damage in civilian casualties. The easiest route is talking to the moderate elements in the sect and through that actionable intelligence can be sourced and worked upon.

But the government should also devise a mechanism to cater for the victims. No amount of money can bring back the dead but let's show we care.
Re: List. by naptu2: 4:50am On Apr 28, 2013
bayooooooo:

All members have blood on their hands. Once you belong to BH, then one way or the other, you have contributed to success of the organisation. They are all criminals.

Of course they are all criminals. If they weren't all criminals, there would be no need for amnesty. However, go back to my post and take a look at the example I gave (Konduga).

The government has also stated that it will compensate victims of boko haram attacks http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/fg-to-compensate-boko-haram-victims-jonathan/
Re: List. by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 28, 2013
naptu your analysis makes plenty sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Designers Launched #dot-in-a-circle T-shirt (onye Dot) / Olamide Francis: Nigerian Senate, Most Expensive Rubber Stamp / Throwback: Anambra Doctors Call Off Strike After 13 Months Under Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.