Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,197 members, 7,815,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF (1580 Views)

Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? / Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? / US Sends Team To Probe Baga Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by RabboniX(m): 6:19am On Apr 26, 2013
“A soldier was beheaded by terrorists who took cover in the community after the dastardly act. At another time soldiers were ambushed by the insurgents during which a soldier was killed and the terrorists were shielded by members of the community. –Brigadier General Austin Edokpaye, Commander of the MJTF.

About five days after the military sacked Baga community on the Nigerian border with Chad, Niger and Cameroun, the army has given details of reasons behind the military operation.

Speaking on Wednesday, Commander of the Multinational Joint Task Force, Brigadier-General Austin Edokpayi, said the operation was necessary because the Baga Community was increasingly becoming a safe haven for militants who were attacking the MJTF at will and escaping into the comminity.

He said during one of such provocations in the past, a soldier was beheaded in the town by the terrorists who took cover in the community after the dastardly act.

He equally said at another time, soldiers were ambushed by the insurgents during which a soldier was killed and the terrorists were shielded by the members of the community.

Edokpayi said though the terrorists have always come to Baga to tax the people of the town, no formal complaint have been brought to his men even as the residents of the town continue to shield the sect members.

The commander said that the military had intelligence report of the weekend attack on soldiers and when the people of the town were approached for assistance it never came.

He said: “The terrorists have been taxing the people for so long and we have had information that they were prepared to attack us an information which we confronted the people with but they denied.”

Edokpaye, who claimed that the weekend conflagration was never the making of the military but rather due to the weapon deployed by the insurgents, said the military was at no time unprofessional in it’s task in the area.Residents of Baga in Kukawa Local Government area of Borno,where over 185 persons were reportedly killed in the deadly confrontation at the weekend between the Boko Haram sect members and soldiers of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MJTF) are in search of their relatives who have gone missing.

The search for the missing residents of the commercial town which borders Niger, Chad and Cameroon continues just as a large part of it has been cordoned off by the military which has made movement within and outside the town difficult.

The military authority has also disclosed that many of the insurgents who attacked the soldiers during the deadly clash have been arrested and in custody.

It was also gathered from the town that searches were on as of yesterday for some of the insurgents as there was house to house search for the fleeing members of the sect.

The commander of the MJTF, Brig. Gen. Austin Edokpaye said his men have arrested a substantial number of the people who led the attack.

Edokpaye claimed that the soldiers have exercised restraint for so long under intense provocation from the insurgents and that last weekend clash was highly provoked.

full story
http://blogsinbrief..com/2013/04/baga-killings-why-we-struck-jtf.html

1 Like

Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by oshyno(m): 6:52am On Apr 26, 2013
There is always a price to be paid for shielding BH. There u have it Baga pipu. Finish dem all JTF. Bagas

1 Like

Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by onatisi(m): 6:59am On Apr 26, 2013
the jtf has sent a clear message to all other communities sheilding bh,it is either u stop protecting them the bh or u become our enemy .as sad as the event is i will not like to put the blame on the jtf.no military commander will sit and watch his men die helplessly

3 Likes

Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Parnassuss(m): 7:07am On Apr 26, 2013
Cool story bro.

BH threatens to kill people if they talk to the JTF, so JTF rides in and kills them anyway...talk about being fuccked on all sides.

4 Likes

Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by mike404(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2013
I must commend jtf for a job weldone, more bullet to ya gun!

4 Likes

Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by fankasibe: 7:11am On Apr 26, 2013
Make una go finish those BÀGÀS......i just hope d JTF are telling d truth.
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 26, 2013
My major concern was the civilian casualties, maybe most of them who deliberately refused to tip off or cooperate with the jtf did so to avoid the wrath of the bh (hypothetical sha) On the other hand, sensible ones should have emigrated from the demon(BH) infested town before the cleansing by the jtf. The stupid part is that, Boko haram won't spell out what they want.

2 Likes

Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by aurenflani: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2013
It is the duty of every victim's relative to take it personal against this man weather now or when he retires and extend some reasonable measure of retaliation and satisfaction. I think it is a sacred duty for the innocents relative to avenge the murder of their loved ones against the soulless murderous liar.
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 26, 2013
without being sentimental, it's a case of

kill or be killed.

if I'm a soldier, mobilized to baga. I wouldn't risk it.

I've got family too
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by hurricaneChris: 9:08am On Apr 26, 2013
Whoever shields and harbors a terrorist believes in what the terrorist is doing. No one should be surprised if he takes up arms and joins d terrorist in dia course.

That being said, when things like this are gonna happen, collateral damages are bound to occur.

But just like me, no one deserves to be a collateral damage! We have a duty to start protecting our community interest right from beginning.

Report the badAss to dem JTF!
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by gramci: 10:04am On Apr 26, 2013
Edokpayi said though the terrorists have always come to Baga to tax the people of the town, no formal complaint have been brought to his men even as the residents of the town continue to shield the sect members.

No wonder they worship in the same mosque where they keep their weapons.

Kudos to JTF
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by 9jii(m): 10:21am On Apr 26, 2013
In this kind of situation you somehow need to side with army.they are humans too and need to be alive to do their work.
It will always be so complicated if Bokoharams are in non-bokoharam communities.
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by PointB: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2013
Those who kill by the guns, should die by the guns!

Kill them all!!!
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by RabboniX(m): 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
this should make front page

1 Like

Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Igwe9(m): 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
May the souls of the innocent caught in the crossfire rest in perfect peace.
Amen!
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by NoahKallamu: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
I believe the JTF cos i know they'd not just start killin citizens they are supposd 2protect for no justifiable caus. Accordin 2dem, the Baga ppl wer more than shieldin the BH.
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Dibiachukwu: 12:05am On Apr 27, 2013
State police! Sharia police for sharia states. If you don't like it stay in your state. SNC and then irreversible regional autonomy.
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Kairoseki77: 4:46am On Apr 27, 2013
It is a shame, but Northerners have brought this on themselves.

They finance and support Boko Haram, so what did they think was going to happen?

Even investment money has been fleeing the North and benefiting the South since this started. Can someone explain what the North has gained with all of this bloodshed, except for making the rest of us hate them?
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by cashflowpc(m): 6:35am On Apr 27, 2013
RIP to the innocent souls that died. Rot in hell to them boko supporters!

Well, the way i see it, i dont blame the JTF, it is a win or lose game. Kill or get killed! "Eni yaara l'ogun gbe!

Kudos to JTF!
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by egoldman(m): 7:17am On Apr 27, 2013
I have a feeling these boko haram , have outgrown the people that started and sponsored it , they have joined al qaeda groups and are being funded even from outside nigeria ,they got 3.5 million dollars for their french kidnap hostages .
Therefore the northern politicians cannot control them anymore , and this is a dangerous thing , the monster they created is eating them up in the north , destroying northern economy and future of their youths .
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by onatisi(m): 7:23am On Apr 27, 2013
egoldman: I have a feeling these boko haram , have outgrown the people that started and sponsored it , they have joined al qaeda groups and are being funded even from outside nigeria ,they got 3.5 million dollars for their french kidnap hostages .
Therefore the northern politicians cannot control them anymore , and this is a dangerous thing , the monster they created is eating them up in the north , destroying northern economy and future of their youths .
that is exactly the case,we aare not dealing with just one groups.the real boko haram mainly attack govt target,but there is another that is mainly involved in kidnaping of foreigners to raise cash ,i remember a case that happened in kano last year bh hd to issue a statement that they were not the ones that kidnapped the french doc .the gov of borno then actively supported yusuff till things fell apart between them ,that group now has grown into various deadly groups ,the northern govs are confused and dont know how to handle it any more .
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by ckkris: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2013
aurenflani: It is the duty of every victim's relative to take it personal against this man weather now or when he retires and extend some reasonable measure of retaliation and satisfaction. I think it is a sacred duty for the innocents relative to avenge the murder of their loved ones against the soulless murderous liar.
You are asking for a serious CONFRONTATION between the the Core Boko Haram North and the rest of Nigeria, and you might get it. Perhaps you want to prove that Nigeria is indeed a private estate of moslems,which not a single person believe in the South.
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Ozonna(m): 8:11am On Apr 27, 2013
aurenflani: It is the duty of every victim's relative to take it personal against this man weather now or when he retires and extend some reasonable measure of retaliation and satisfaction. I think it is a sacred duty for the innocents relative to avenge the murder of their loved ones against the soulless murderous liar.

One cold blooded murderer. Infact I support GEJ internet tracker to track Ƴou damn vampire and smoke you out. So Igbos who lost millions (from 1966 -date)should avenge Ϯh℮ death of their loved ones.

Ϯh℮ General did his Job to Ϯh℮ best of his knowledge. Ϯh℮ best commander in Ϯh℮ world will do exactly d same thing this Commander did. Why don't you blame Ϯh℮ coward terrorists that hide and shoot behind unarmed citizens.

Watch this movie Rules Of Engagement by Samuel L Jackson
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2013
you think everybody are fools....have you forgoten history so quickly? dont worry very soon you will get what you are asking for.... remember, the germans and the english used to be treated as worthless barbarians and oppressed with such inhumanistic brutish disposition by then advanced civilizations for decades...now these same countries are now leading world powers....you cannot continue to oppress people and their generations unborn forever....be careful what you ask for.
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by edoreedore(m): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
oya be d first one, bladdy idiat
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by onatisi(m): 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
u must be a baby when yaradua sent in the army to maiduguri to flush out bh and thousands were killed i doubt if ur brain was working then. what about the soldier that was beheaded in cold blood ,what should his own ppl do?eat suya and drink beer abi? malo will always be malo.
i wonder why God even merged us together with ppl like u
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by NeoXVI: 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2013
I really can't believe people would support wiping out a community in this fashion, maybe because they are northerners? When the army sacked communities in Odi and Zaki-biam no one thought they were justified to do what they did. Two wrongs don't make a right.

If we are a society of law and order, and they had intelligence that some in that community were harboring militants, why not arrest them and put them away in jail? At any rate they are trained soldiers, and they should know better not to kill unarmed civilians especially when it's not a war.

What they did can't be justified IMO. We should try not to support lawlessness even if we have a grouse with Boko Haram. You never know where it will hit next. First it was Odi, then Zaki-biam, and now Baga. Tomorrow it might be your village.

As the twelfth-century legal theorist Maimonides said "It is better and more satisfactory to acquit a thousand guilty persons than to put a single innocent one to death."
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
Rabboni-X:

He said: “The terrorists have been taxing the people for so long and we have had information that they were prepared to attack us an information which we confronted the people with but they denied.”

http://blogsinbrief..com/2013/04/baga-killings-why-we-struck-jtf.html

Owning to the fact that the Nigerian security agencies lie when most times to cover thier incompetence, I dont know what to say about this but, if it is really true, then their action there is justified.
Re: BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF by Chynx(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2013
Neo-XVI:
I really can't believe people would support wiping out a community in this fashion, maybe because they are northerners? When the army sacked communities in Odi and Zaki-biam no one thought they were justified to do what they did. Two wrongs don't make a right.

If we are a society of law and order, and they had intelligence that some in that community were harboring militants, why not arrest them and put them away in jail? At any rate they are trained soldiers, and they should know better not to kill unarmed civilians especially when it's not a war.

What they did can't be justified IMO. We should try not to support lawlessness even if we have a grouse with Boko Haram. You never know where it will hit next. First it was Odi, then Zaki-biam, and now Baga. Tomorrow it might be your village.

As the twelfth-century legal theorist Maimonides said "It is better and more satisfactory to acquit a thousand guilty persons than to put a single innocent one to death."
My dear, I doubt if uve ever lost a dear one or property to d actions of BH and the likes of them; u would have been singing a different song by now.

(1) (Reply)

Maitama Sule And Ojukwu Who Is More Eloquent And Has Good Command In English.. / Who Are The 5 Worst Performing Governors ? / Flght From Lagos To Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.