Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Joomla Or Wordpress: Which One Is Better? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Or Wordpress: Which One Is Better? (703 Views)

Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? / Please Who Knows Any Joomla Or Wordpress Theme Similar To Jumia Or Konga.com / Joomla,drupal Or Wordpress Which Do I Use!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Or Wordpress: Which One Is Better? by pisolution(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2013
I want you to share your opinion on the current top content management system: Joomla or Wordpress.

Some say, there is no website you can't build with Joomla while some say Wordpress is the best.

Please share your opinion and let's learn from each other. Just choose the one you like and why to prefer it.

I will be expecting your response.
Re: Joomla Or Wordpress: Which One Is Better? by mededot(m): 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ah, now an interesting Topic. First let me say that a lot of people will only write that one cms is best because thats the one they favour. But lets try to look at it dispassionately! There are many CMSs all tailored for different purposes!

Personally, i have worked with Both Joomla and Wordpress. But i favour wordpress for one simple reason! Its the Simplest to use. And that explains why a huge army of people around the world use it. Both as simple designers or as themes and plugins developers. Of all the CMSs, WordPress is the most popular. And it all boils down to that same reason. Its simple!It was made for the point and clickers!

And because a whole lot of people are continually developing for the Wordpress platform, it has the most aesthetically beautiful and functional themes!

At present WordPress powers about 16% of the websites on the internet! That's over 60 Million Websites! And thats the largest for any single CMS!

The other CMSs are also good and they do what they are built for. But the learning curve on some of them are way steeper than that of WordPress...

1 Like

Re: Joomla Or Wordpress: Which One Is Better? by Gmmail(m): 1:02am On Apr 27, 2013
WORDPRESS!!!
easy to install and update.
Re: Joomla Or Wordpress: Which One Is Better? by talk2hb1(m): 7:30am On Apr 27, 2013
Here we go again:
Batman can beat Superman
Coke is sweeter than Fanta
God is number One Satan is last
blah! blah!! blah!!!
Never mind my blah talk, that topic has created series of argument among those CMS disciples, But to be candid with you I use both, but I favor WordPress more in terms of rapid deployment and maintenance, supporting your clients, freely available plugins and themes, etc.
Joomla too has most of this features but not all, Joomla has this in built Framework functionality in its core for rapid development which WordPress lacks in terms of creating application for the System, joomla framework can be used alone without the CMS for creating application, My sexy WordPress cant do that for you.
I remember trying to build a School application my first thought was to use Wordpress by creating a custom plugin to serve the purpose, I posted on wordpress.org for possible suggestion or advise believe me there was never a reply concerning the post but with Joomla framework its a breeze, I heard a rumor that Vogue pay of Afrisoft runs on Joomla framework, I think lojik its in the best position to answer that. What I know is WordPress is ma first lady in website designing and deployment.
Re: Joomla Or Wordpress: Which One Is Better? by mitey(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2013
I need to buy a new Toyota car for use in Nigeria, which do I buy?

1. Toyota Camry: Comfortable, fast and prestigious.
2. Toyota Corolla: Good fuel economy, available spares
3. Toyota Tundra: Big, prestigious, off-road, etc.

None of the car mentioned above is bad per se, but if I am a person who has the cash and likes speed but don't like big trucks, I'll go for the Camry. But if I travel a lot and I'm searching for best economy, I'll definitely go for the Corolla.

@Topic, take your time and research the best CMS for the purpose you want. May the best man CMS win cool

Hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Project Part 6 / A 54k+ Facebook Fanpages Likes For Sale / My Blog Danaty.org Has Been Hacked. I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.