Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God (2258 Views)

Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 / Frankmishael1 Its April Already (your God Didnt Kill Me) / Facts in Koran Muslim, Jesus Is Your God, And He Is Your Only Way To Escape Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Danyell(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Area_boy:
hard to tell if you joking or not undecided
Wanted to see the way he would react. Was just goofing around #datzall!
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: The gods of both the bible and the koran never saw the immorality in slavery that is why he or they never abolished it. if not for Abraham Lincoln you all we be working dem plantations clutching dem silly books of yours right now.

LWKMD!!

the same Abraham Lincoln that referred to his own childhood black friends (even the adults) as "boy, nigger"?

the same Abraham Lincoln that ONLY freed the slaves because he needed more men to fight on behalf of the union which was getting it's azz kicked by the Confederates? grin

The same Abraham Lincoln that said the black man has no place living in a white society as he is not equal to his paler counterpart?

The same Abraham Lincoln who if he had survived the shot would have immediately called for the expulsion of all blacks sending them back to Africa because...(see the above)

GTHOH!! grin
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
you can always tell when a black atheist was influenced by a white one...just saying.

seems to be a trend now.
we theists are the slaves though right? grin
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:
you can always tell when a black atheist was influenced by a white one...just saying.

seems to be a trend now.
grin grin
cOLD..
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

LWKMD!!

the same Abraham Lincoln that referred to his own childhood black friends (even the adults) as "boy, nigger"?

the same Abraham Lincoln that ONLY freed the slaves because he needed more men to fight on behalf of the union which was getting it's azz kicked by the Confederates? grin

The same Abraham Lincoln that said the black man has no place living in a white society as he is not equal to his paler counterpart?

The same Abraham Lincoln who if he had survived the shot would have immediately called for the expulsion of all blacks sending them back to Africa because...(see the above)

GTHOH!! grin

Damnnnnn
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by ooman(m): 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

LWKMD!!

GTHOH!! grin

That same Abraham Lincoln hated blacks because of his biblical beliefs even though he had a black descent.

1 Like

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
musKeeto:
grin grin
cOLD..

lol it's the truth!! nothing but the truth!! grin grin
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
ooman:

That same Abraham Lincoln hated blacks because of his biblical beliefs even though he had a black descent.

he actually hated blacks because of SCIENCE..remember back then according to science the negro was only 1/3rd human. wink Look it up if you don't believe..in fact they claimed to have evidence to prove this. wink wink

Texas.Cowgirl:

Damnnnnn

cool cool
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by ooman(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

he actually hated blacks because of SCIENCE..remember back then according to science the negro was only 1/3rd human. wink Look it up if you don't believe..in fact they claimed to have evidence to prove this. wink wink

cool cool

That isn't true. He hated blacks because his bible urged him on.

I know about what science thought about blacks then but the reason for slavery and hate of blacks is purely religious. Remember the Arabs also had black slaves.

1 Like

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by nnofaith: 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
he hated blacks and abolished slavery what did your god that loved blacks do?

1 Like

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by nnofaith: 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
i am by no means a fan of lincoln what am trying to say is if lincoln a "bad" man could see the wrong in slavery why didnt the "good" god of the bible/koran see it?

1 Like

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: i am by no means a fan of lincoln what am trying to say is if lincoln a "bad" man could see the wrong in slavery why didnt the "good" god of the bible/koran see it?

who says he didn't see it? shocked

sir, i am a descendant of these people. my heart bleeds for their suffering however i STILL trust and believe in God. Why? because even MY forefathers were strong enough to hold the faith regardless of what they witnessed or went through. God gave them STRENGTH and it's such a shame that the strength they had despite living under harsh conditions has diminished over the years because black people have become so brainwashed they literally fall for every line given to them by whites...

white man says "Jesus (a mortal) is God" the black man believed.

the same white man says.."AH NEVER MIND!! there is no God..we are Gods..ooops! we mean grin science is more concrete than a so called God" and the same black folks believe him.

"whatever you say master!" #co0ns.

My ancestors may have been mono or polytheistic but they were serving their God/s their own way. They were strong people as a result and withstood slavery, oppression, and attempted genocide. Many whites who would later become abolitionists admired the resilience of my people and could not live with themselves knowing these people were under so much pressure, yet were so loving and faithful to their God.

The "man" can be your savior sir...but I am the child of my fore-parents and my creator is always first!! Know that!
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: i am by no means a fan of lincoln what am trying to say is if lincoln a "bad" man could see the wrong in slavery why didnt the "good" god of the bible/koran see it?

[size=38pt]hilarious![/size] grin

no you did not just say that!! grin grin grin

did you ignore my previous post? grin
do some research dear...Lincoln did not give a damn.

I repeat!
*Kails*:

LWKMD!!

GTHOH!! grin
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
ooman:

That isn't true. He hated blacks because his bible urged him on.

I know about what science thought about blacks then but the reason for slavery and hate of blacks is purely religious. Remember the Arabs also had black slaves.

sir RELIGION does not mean THEISM.

Religion is about DIVISION and CONQUERING.
You have to spiritually trust and believe in order to find and truly love God.

Going to church, a mosque; etc does NOT make one a believer. Some of the biggest "sinners" and con men do either of the above. I know this.

Arabs used Islam to CONQUER the minds...and take over. The same with X-tianity. I am NOT fan of religion. Never will be. But I do believe in a creator.
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by ooman(m): 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

sir RELIGION does not mean THEISM.

Religion is about DIVISION and CONQUERING.
You have to spiritually trust and believe in order to find and truly love God.

Going to church, a mosque; etc does NOT make one a believer. Some of the biggest "sinners" and con men do either of the above. I know this.

Arabs used Islam to CONQUER the minds...and take over. The same with X-tianity. I am NOT fan of religion. Never will be. But I do believe in a creator.

You believe in a creator, you believe in a god, that makes you religious, no matter how hard you deny it.

1 Like

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
*kails final thought*

all of this talk about atheist reminds me of andrew ryan from bioshock. grin
he built an underground city called "the rapture" inviting people to live there and promising a life of no worries and happiness. and when he got them RIGHT where he wanted... the people became almost in a zombie-like state..literally dependent on he and his "science" until eventually the place became a living hell with everyone left demented and in a permanent state of psychosis.

that may just be a game folks but the lesson is very real.
i don't see how these so called atheists who like to quote scientists are any different from church-goers who literally worship their pastors?

you are all the same. tongue tongue

I'd rather live like those before me and work on my inner being so that I can connect with my creator my way!! I'd be strong and independent minded..while the rest of the world become zombified.. tongue
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
ooman:

You believe in a creator, you believe in a god, that makes you religious, no matter how hard you deny it.

lwkmd!! IF YOU SAY SO!! grin

I know about what science thought about blacks then

so you know science can be and still is based on bias? grin
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by ooman(m): 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

so you know science can be and still is based on bias? grin

of course some science is still biased and this science is called CREATION SCIENCE which you subscribe to.
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
ooman:

of course some science is still biased and this science is called CREATION SCIENCE which you subscribe to.

c'mon son!
i don't think it was creation science that claimed us to be 1/3 human in the past and still subliminally imply that we are an intermediary between humans and chimps today.. grin grin grin grin
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by ooman(m): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

c'mon son!
i don't think it was creation science that claimed us to be 1/3 human in the past and still subliminally imply that we are an intermediary between humans and chimps today.. grin grin grin grin

Well, you lack complete knowledge of what you debate. Science never called blacks monkeys, it was xtians who also sold us as slaves.

Science never implied that we are intermediaries between man and chimps because science never claimed we evolved from chimps but extinct apes.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by wiegraf: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

[size=38pt]hilarious![/size] grin

no you did not just say that!! grin grin grin

did you ignore my previous post? grin
do some research dear...Lincoln did not give a damn.

I repeat!

You seem remarkably foolish so I want you to take it slowly, please.

It's simple, if Lincoln was as a bad person as you insist he was (which is a very silly, simplistic conclusion to come about btw, he was practical and a man of his era), and yet was still able to see how horrible slavery was, what excuse does your imaginary friend have for not strongly condemning slavery?

Your ancestors had gods, no? What makes the jewish god more valid than theirs? The god that made it clear he had chosen the jews as his favorite pets, the special ones. For instance, in OT this god had no problems with jews enslaving neighboring tribes, etc. Are you saying the jews have more evidence for their gods than your ancestors?

Btw, do note, the point of this thread was to address followers of yahweh. The op never said lincoln was a model human being as well, just that he did a lot more for the black man than imaginary friends, so what exactly was the point of all the noise you've made?

1 Like

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 29, 2013
wth does Lincoln have to do with Nigereians? undecided
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 29, 2013
*Kails*:
seems to be a trend now.

musKeeto:
grin grin
cOLD..

Kalis, the ever foolish American, trying to form some kind of black american historian in every thread about America.

First off, you are foolish.....I am happy Wiegraff was here to show you your foolishness. Of course, for a man of his time Lincoln would have some racist ideas. This is why I dont shout the guy's name in praise just like that.

However, the point still remains; Lincoln abolished slavery, that your God, which you foolishly worship, did not care to stop. Do not even try to claim that you are not religious because it is still the western christian version of God you believe in not some energy ball or some natural force kinda God.

======================

As for Muskeeto......well.....

2 Likes

Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 29, 2013
^^^^
Wetin?
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 29, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^^
Wetin?

I'm back on bb
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by ifedayogal(f): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
chai....people r lost..'.but if d gospel b hid,it is hid to those who are perishing,in whom the gods of this world hath blinded the minds of them.lest the light of the glorious gospel of christ should shine on them'
2cor4:3-4
arguing wt u is pointless
Re: Abraham Lincoln Did More For The Black Race Than Your God by Abdoulhafeezee: 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2014
yh he fight Banu Kuraiza because they have broke d trust n agreement they have built with each other because they have given jews an enterrace to fight the muslim of Madinah @ dt tym.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? / Why Are Xtian-dominated Nations FAR Developed Than Islam-domimated Nations? / Whitney Houston: A Case Study Of Generational Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.