Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? (2264 Views)

10 Prayer Points That Make Christians Shout & Pray Aggressively / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Praying Loudly Vs Praying Quietly: What Do You Guys Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by Blackteeth(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
A lot of times when people pray, they do so very loudly and aggressively. In some cases neighbours are disturbed with the screaming, clapping, feet stamping and all that. So I wanna ask, do you have to pray "wild" before your prayers reach heaven? What if you pray silently by whispering the words wouldnt God still hear and answer the prayers?
One of the reasons why people move from church A to church B is because they need a church where the prayers are "hot like fire". But does aggressive and loud prayers really matter to God? Why not save the energy and quit disturbing your neighbours?
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by nnofaith: 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
Yes. you know god is hard at hearing!
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
I tire o.remembered a ministry I was invited to.We were asked by the prophet to bring two cane each to flog the devil grin grin.After choosing a very big and long cane,she asked all of us to start praying and flogging the ground.It was so funny and I held my laughter so as not to offend my friend and people around.After flogging for like thirty minutes,my whole body was in pain.As the prayers ended,I envisioned a man with two horns with a chilled bottle of coke laffing hysterically as I sweat in my foolishness grin grin angry
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by nnofaith: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=lynpetra]I tire o.remembered a ministry I was invited to.We were asked by the prophet to bring two cane each to flog the devil grin grin.After choosing a very big and long cane,she asked all of us to start praying and flogging the ground.It was so funny and I held my laughter so as not to offend my friend and people around.After flogging for like thirty minutes,my whole body was in pain.As the prayers ended,I envisioned a man with two horns and a bottle of coke laffing hysterically grin[/quo lol!
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by Blackteeth(m): 1:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
lynpetra: I tire o.remembered a ministry I was invited to.We were asked by the prophet to bring two cane each to flog the devil grin grin.After choosing a very big and long cane,she asked all of us to start praying and flogging the ground.It was so funny and I held my laughter so as not to offend my friend and people around.After flogging for like thirty minutes,my whole body was in pain.As the prayers ended,I envisioned a man with two horns with a chilled bottle of coke laffing hysterically as I sweat in my foolishness grin grin angry

lol. If the ground being flogged is actaually the devil then the Maize and Yam we cultivate on the ground is coming from the devil.
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2013
nnofaith: Yes. you know god is hard at hearing!

Lol pls tell me you are being sarcastic
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by uboma(m): 2:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
nnofaith: Yes. you know god is hard at hearing!

I'm sure it is your god that you are referring to...
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by uboma(m): 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
@ op, such loud prayers are unnecessary and believe me, God does not answer such prayers. Sometimes i hear some people while praying very loudly saying, 'I command you 'god'...' who is a mortal man to command the Sovereign Being that created the heavens and the earth? Its even better for me to remain at home, read my Bible and say my silent prayer to God than attend such churches...
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by nnofaith: 2:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
*Kails*:

Lol pls tell me you are being sarcastic
unfortunately am not!
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by nnofaith: 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
uboma:

I'm sure it is your god that you are referring to...
i dont have one!
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by italo: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
No! There is no evidence that Jesus ever did that, instead he prayed silently.

Do you think that the one who created your mouth and your ears cannot hear you unless you shout?

That would mean that people who are dumb will never be heard by God.

If God hears your thoughts, why wont he hear your whisper?

Blackteeth: A lot of times when people pray, they do so very loudly and aggressively. In some cases neighbours are disturbed with the screaming, clapping, feet stamping and all that. So I wanna ask, do you have to pray "wild" before your prayers reach heaven? What if you pray silently by whispering the words wouldnt God still hear and answer the prayers?
One of the reasons why people move from church A to church B is because they need a church where the prayers are "hot like fire". But does aggressive and loud prayers really matter to God? Why not save the energy and quit disturbing your neighbours?
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: No! There is no evidence that Jesus ever did that, instead he prayed silently.

Do you think that the one who created your mouth and your ears cannot hear you unless you shout?

That would mean that people who are dumb will never be heard by God.

If God hears your thoughts, why wont he hear your whisper?

Lot of sense.Nice piece
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by italo: 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
Thanks.

lynpetra:

Lot of sense.Nice piece
Re: Is It Necessary To Pray Loudly And Aggressively? by ChibeKs(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
those who pray loudly do it for pride sake , they are doing it to show off so dat if pple can praise dem . Evn jesus told us to go into our closet(silent places) nd pray. God sed in isiah 59 vs 1,2 dat his ears are nt too heavy to hear us nor his hands are too short to reach us bt our sins is separating us from God . Despite all this most churches still make loud prayers nt evn thinking of those with hypertension. May God forgive them .

(1) (Reply)

The Mentality Of Muslim Girls About Marrying A Christian Guy Is Annoying / Robert Powell - I'm Not Jesus / We Are Not Boko Haram......our Religion Encourages Righteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.