Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? (10468 Views)

If FIFA Give You a Vote, Who Would You Vote as Ballon D'or Winner / If FIFA Gives You A Vote, Who Would You Vote As Ballon 'dor Winner / Who Deserves World Best Player Btw Messi Nd Ronaldo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2008
vicade:

i have said it before and i will say it again. There are only two nominees for the world best this year and these are Ronaldo 7 and The others.
and i think R7 will and should win it. 42 goals for a winger is not beans o and as an arsenal fan, i hope he moves to real madrid because he just might score 50 next season with the defenders we have in the premiership.

I agree with u.

Sometimes scoring 42 goals in a season means nuthing if those goals didn't push the team to win major titles.
This is where i think great players like Henry and Van Nistelrooy came short in the previous years.
However, Ronaldo didn't only dominate the Premiership and Europe by scoring good goals as a winger, his goals got Man Utd the titles.
I also agree with the school of thunks that felt he didn't do enough to WIN it this year. . But he is the closest to it(same as Kaka in 2007).
If i lead a class with a score of 70%. . I am the best. .It doesn't matter if the previous winners won the prize with a 90% score.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2008
-
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2008
The same crown worn by idols like Dinho, ZZizzou, De Lima, Rivaldo, Kaka, Figo would be desecrated by Crisdiveho Ronaldo.

Give it to Cassilass or suspend it for the year
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Phemour: 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2008
LIONEL MESSI
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2008
dayokanu:

The same crown worn by idols like Dinho, ZZizzou, De Lima, Rivaldo, Kaka, Figo would be desecrated by Crisdiveho Ronaldo.

Give it to Cassilass or suspend it for the year

Sour grapes??

Kaka even deserved it less than Cristiano Ronaldo.
All he did was win UCL's golden boot and led Milan to win the competition. . . .He didn't win the golden shoe or Serie A's golden boot.
Kaka even failed to win the Scudetto and he was named world's best. . . . . Pathetic.

Now to Casillas, what did he really do in the past season? He was just fortunate to be in goal for Spain.
Van Der Sar had a better tournament than Iker in the last Europe. . . .The number of top draw saves made by the Dutchman tells the STORY.
He won La Liga(he wasn't even Madrid's best player), U have to look at Robben, Sneijder, Raul, Diarra and Higuain.
Where was Casillas when Roma mashed em to a pulp at the Bernabeu. . . . Same Roma Ronaldo took apart in Rome!!!! cheesy wink grin
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2008
Where was Ronaldo when Arne Friedrich pocketed him the same Germany that looked sterile against a cassilas inspired Spain.

Join the Iker Casilass for "Ballon D'or" movement now and join other notable people like Dayokanu
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2008
dayokanu:

Where was Ronaldo when Arne Friedrich pocketed him the same Germany that looked sterile against a cassilas inspired Spain.

Join the Iker Casilass for "Ballon D'or" movement now and join other notable people like Dayokanu

Ronaldo already won the European Golden shoe, EPL Golden boot, UCL Golden boot, Best Player in England, EPL title and UCL title.
In the last 18 months, there's no better player than Ronaldo as far as consistency is concerned. . . . . .
Iker Casillas wasn't even the best player in Real Madrid and wasn't by far the best player for Spain or the tournament as a whole.
I would look at Marcos Senna, Xavi and Iniesta and Torres(that was tamed by mesmerizing Ronaldo in England).

My dayze. . . . . . . .2008 belongs to Ronaldo . . . . No footballer(dead or alive) can touch his achievements in the last 12 months.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2008
In 2006, Ronaldinho won UCL Golden boot, Best Player in Spain, La Liga title and UCL title.

yet he did not win any title cos he messed up horribly (just like Ronaldo) at the world cup
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2008
dayokanu:

In 2006, Ronaldinho won UCL Golden boot, Best Player in Spain, La Liga title and UCL title.

yet he did not win any title because he messed up horribly (just like Ronaldo) at the world cup

Dayokanu, when are u going to stop feeding us hokum with your spurious and inauthenticated analysis.

Ronaldinho won the UCL golden boot?? grin grin grin grin . . . . . . Syntax Error!!!
Shevchenko won the UCL golden boot in 05/06 scoring 9 goals for AC Milan.
Stop getting ur info from the wikipedia or goal.com.

Ronaldinho won the best foreign player in Spain.  . . . . . He wasn't effectively the best player in the whole of Spain.
So the only thing he won in 2006 was UCL title, La liga title and best foreign player award(not authenticated by La Liga).
How would u compare these slim achievements to Cristiano Ronaldo's in 2007/08??
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2008
Ronaldinho won the best foreign player in Spain. . . . . . He wasn't effectively the best player in the whole of Spain.
So the only thing he won in 2006 was UCL title, La liga title and best foreign player award(not authenticated by La Liga).
How would u compare these slim achievements to Cristiano Ronaldo's in 2007/08??

If Ronaldinho was the best foreign player and he was not the best player in Spain that means only a local guy would have done better.

So can you tell me which local player was better than Dinho in that season?
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by A40(m): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2008
Ronaldo has been the best and unlike other years you cant clearly pinpoint someone out of the bunch who did better FIFA will have to pull a rabbit the size of a blue whale out of the hat to deny Ronaldo that award
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2008
@A40

UEFA president think has stated the condition to be World best and Ronaldo failed woefully. He did not meet the criteria

"UEFA president Michel Platini has scoffed at claims that Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo is currently the world's best player.
Platini, who has enjoyed chipping away at the Premiership this season, insisted the Portuguese ace cannot be judged the best until he produces on a 'bigger stage'.
"If Ronaldo is the best player in the world or Europe he will have to prove it in the Euros because that will be the only way we can judge him, when all the best players will have had the chance to be recognised," said Platini.
"It's difficult to compare players in competitions and teams. Is it more difficult to play right wing in Manchester than it is in Italy, where it doesn't exist?
"Ronaldo has a number of advantages to his game and, of course, the last matches in the finals of the European Championship this summer will be decisive."
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by akinalabi(m): 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2008
You need to give up on this, dayokanu.

The award has not been given to Ronaldo so it's not like there
has been some wrong doing. Why are you so worked up?

Okay, Ronaldo did not light up the Euros. Platini said he has to
show up there. Let them give the award to Sienna, Xavi or Ashravin
than showed up if its only about the Euros.

How is that a problem?
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 12:11am On Jul 17, 2008
akinalabi:

You need to give up on this, dayokanu.

The award has not been given to Ronaldo so it's not like there
has been some wrong doing. Why are you so worked up?

Okay, Ronaldo did not light up the Euros. Platini said he has to
show up there. Let them give the award to Sienna, Xavi or Ashravin
than showed up if its only about the Euros.

How is that a problem?

U can't blame Senor Dayokany. . . . . . .He is a frustrated bat!!!!!
He is simply jealous the same player he rubbished for many months is about to conquer Europe/World.

Iker Cassilas?? He wasn't even the best goalie in the Euros. . . .How many top saves did he make compared to Van Der Sar.
Against Germany in the final, he didn't make a single save as the Nazis were caged up like animals.

There's no player in the world today better than Cristiano. . . . . .He played well in the tournament but his country let him down.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 6:45am On Jul 17, 2008
Well more like he let his country down. How come players like Bosingwa, Pepe, Modric, Buffon, and Sneijder who were eliminated at the q finals made the top 23?

Casillas was at the final and he lifted the cup as captain. Van Der Saar? Against Arshavin he was made to look like an idiot. Even Lehmann had more saves.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by neduogu(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2008
what are the basic criteria for wining the world best.
higest goal scorer in the english premier league.
higest goal scorer in the uefa champions league.
won the english premier league.
won the uefa champions league.
voted premiership best player of the season
voted most valueable player of the season.
higest transfer speculation cost ever (75 MILLION POUNDS)
all this thing for one person
hey am not a man utd fan but please give it up for
C.Ronaldo.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2008
what are the basic criteria for wining the world best.

Platini has highlighted it below.

"UEFA president Michel Platini has scoffed at claims that Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo is currently the world's best player.
Platini, who has enjoyed chipping away at the Premiership this season, insisted the Portuguese ace cannot be judged the best until he produces on a 'bigger stage'.
"If Ronaldo is the best player in the world or Europe he will have to prove it in the Euros because that will be the only way we can judge him, when all the best players will have had the chance to be recognised," said Platini.
"It's difficult to compare players in competitions and teams. Is it more difficult to play right wing in Manchester than it is in Italy, where it doesn't exist?
"Ronaldo has a number of advantages to his game and, of course, the last matches in the finals of the European Championship this summer will be decisive."
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by A40(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2008
@dayokanu
I know FIFA's tricks you dont have to tell me sad they robbed Henry in 2003 but its all good all i am saying is Xavi,Senna or anybody else for that matter did not do enough to unseat Ronaldo
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2008
A-40:

@dayokanu
I know FIFA's tricks you don't have to tell me sad they robbed Henry in 2003 but its all good all i am saying is Xavi,Senna or anybody else for that matter did not do enough to unseat Ronaldo

Thank You, Mr. A-40!!!

It's good to know Dayokanu is the only ninny on this Casillas is the best player in Europe.
He was just lucky to be manning the post for a very fabulous team. . . . He is not even in Oliver Khan's class in 2002 when he kept a very poor German side and dragged em to the final of the world cup.
Roy Caroll or Paul Robinson would have matched Iker Casillas' achievements at the Euros so what's so special about him.
Petr Cech, Van Der Sar and Gigi Buffon are all better than Casillas. . The same Iker that conceded 4 goals against a very poor Roma side in the UCL.
Dayokanu is a dreamer!!!

[size=14pt]If the best footballer in Europe is better with his hands than his feet then football is in a sorry state.[/size]
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by akinalabi(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2008
@ dayokanu,

I'll like to understand your position better.

According to that statement by Platini, he is not the best
until he performs at the bigger stage ala the Euros.

You mentioned the other players that made the top 23
like Bosingwa, Pepe, Modric, Buffon, and Sneijder.

Let dem kuku give one of those the award.

You don't need to get worked up over this. The award can
go to Ashravin since he showed up at the Euros which is
the only factor to consider in your reckoning.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2008
akinalabi:

@ dayokanu,

Let them kuku give one of those the award.

Obviously, Dayokanu is as idiotic as Platini/Blatter(who was given a live honourary insigna of Real Madrid in Nov. 2006).

FIFA points:-1- Cristiano Ronaldo:

a) Won the Premier League (Manchester Utd): 8 points
b) Premier League top scorer (Manchester Utd): 4 points
c) Scoring 30 goals in a season (Manchester Utd) 4 Points
d) European Golden Shoe (Manchester United): 4 Points
e) UCL golden boot winner(Manchester United): 8 points
f) PFA Player of the year (Manchester United) 4 Points
g) Won the Champions League (Manchester Utd): 14 points (Surely winning the Champions league is equally as good, if not better than winning the Euros)

Total: 46 points

2- Iker Casillas:

a) Won La Liga "spanish league" (R.Madrid): 8 points
b) Won the 'Zamora' award as the goalkeeper (Real Madrid): 4 points
c) Won EURO'2008 (SPAIN): 14 points
d) Won award as 'the best' goalkeeper at EURO'08 (SPAIN): 4 points

Total 30 points
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 9:42am On Jul 18, 2008
they robbed Henry in 2003 but its all good all i am saying is Xavi,Senna or anybody else for that matter did not do enough to unseat Ronaldo

I take objections to that!!! What did Henry win in 2003. League? Champions league? or what?

It's good to know Dayokanu is the only ninny on this Casillas is the best player in Europe.

How about David beckham and Emilio Butragueno?

He was just lucky to be manning the post for a very fabulous team. . . . He is not even in Oliver Khan's class in 2002 when he kept a very poor German side and dragged em to the final of the world cup.
Roy Caroll or Paul Robinson would have matched Iker Casillas' achievements at the Euros so what's so special about him.
Petr Cech, Van Der Sar and Gigi Buffon are all better than Casillas. . The same Iker that conceded 4 goals against a very poor Roma side in the UCL.
Dayokanu is a dreamer!!!

Obviously you dont watch any Match outside the EPL. Nobody in Madrid goal with that shambolic defence would consider himself lucky? Go watch Madrid vs Zaragoza, Bilbao and Athletico Madrid last season alone.

I mentioned those above because some people were saying Ronaldo did not make top 23 cos Portugal lost out at the quarters So I gave the list of players who lost out at the quarters and still made top 23. Do you get now?

Arshavin did not win. Moreover its not my reckoning, Its the UEFA president reckoning Michel Platini says it.

FIFA points:-1- Cristiano Ronaldo:

a) Won the Premier League (Manchester Utd): 8 points
b) Premier League top scorer (Manchester Utd): 4 points
c) Scoring 30 goals in a season (Manchester Utd) 4 Points
d) European Golden Shoe (Manchester United): 4 Points
e) UCL golden boot winner(Manchester United): 8 points
f) PFA Player of the year (Manchester United) 4 Points
g) Won the Champions League (Manchester Utd): 14 points (Surely winning the Champions league is equally as good, if not better than winning the Euros)

Total: 46 points

2- Iker Casillas:

a) Won La Liga "spanish league" (R.Madrid): 8 points
b) Won the 'Zamora' award as the goalkeeper (Real Madrid): 4 points
c) Won EURO'2008 (SPAIN): 14 points
d) Won award as 'the best' goalkeeper at EURO'08 (SPAIN): 4 points

Total 30 points

Use that point to calculate who should win the player of the year in 2006 between Ronaldinho and canavaro. In 2002 between Henry and Ronaldo Lima, In 2000 between Raul , Zidane and Figo. in 1998 between Ronaldo and Zidane and get back to me. These are competition/tournament years just like 2008
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by akinalabi(m): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2008
I still don't get you. Me I like straight forward statements. Please
clear the air on this.

You believe he should not win the world football player award
because he did not show up at the Euros. That he can not lay claims
until he shows us at such stages.

That means the award should go to those that showed up. Players
like Ashravin, Sienna, Xavi?
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by tkb417(m): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2008
@Dayokanu
stop being dumb for once. . .was casillas the best goalie at the euros?
No, Buffon was chosen as the best goalie.

was Iker the best player for Spain at the euros?
NO, it was Senna.

so what are you on about?

Was Casillas the best player at the euros?
NO, Asharvin, Senna, Ballack, Buffon and all were better so why would any sane person give the best player to Iker?
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2008
I still don't get you. Me I like straight forward statements. Please
clear the air on this.

You believe he should not win the world football player award
because he did not show up at the Euros. That he can not lay claims
until he shows us at such stages.

That means the award should go to those that showed up. Players
like Ashravin, Sienna, Xavi?

Casillas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by akinalabi(m): 11:04am On Jul 19, 2008
I will punch you for saying that. cheesy

Cassillas to win the world player of the year over Ronaldo. Now
I know you've just being taunting us and pulling our legs so far.

Shebi na you confess here. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127136.128.html#msg2439186

After the Euro's I now feel its going to be C. Ronaldo since nobody was really outstanding in The Spanish team that won. It was more of a collective effort.

To me Senna was the best.

I really think C. Ronaldo this year.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2008
That was a spur of the moment statement but after thinking about it carefully, I have to join the shout for Iker Casillas for player of the year.

In the light of Platini's earlier statement
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by A40(m): 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2008
@dayokanu
Cmon Casillas was not even the best player in Spain.Do you care to tell me who played better than Henry in 2003 please push your anti-Arsenal sentiments aside did Zidane deserve that award ahead of Henry
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2008
dayokanu:

That was a spur of the moment statement but after thinking about it carefully, I have to join the shout for Iker Casillas for player of the year.
In the light of Platini's earlier statement

How far are we sure your shout for Iker Casillas won't turn anutha spur of the moment statement.
You are not coherent and consistent. . . . . . . . .It's a shame to have been found out like a pillock. . . .take a cue.
Choose the words u spew carefully cos u ma get burnt.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 6:47am On Jul 21, 2008
@dayokanu
Cmon Casillas was not even the best player in Spain.Do you care to tell me who played better than Henry in 2003 please push your anti-Arsenal sentiments aside did Zidane deserve that award ahead of Henry

Zidane deserved it in 2003 much more than Henry. Zidane won the league, what did Henry win?

In France 1998 & 2000, was Zidane voted best player in the tourney? No. Was he voted best player in Serie A? No
Was he tthe best Player in Juventus? No. Del Piero overshadowed him Yet he won the player of the year.
In 2002 Was Ronaldo voted best player in Inter Milan? No. Was Ronaldo voted best player in Serie A ? No.
In 2006, Was Canavaro voted best player in Juve or Serie A?

Platini has spoken and he has given him the criteria to be world or European best since February but the young man did not meet up.
So we have to think of a man without Blemish. Who dives legitimately unlike Ronaldo who dives Illegally
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Hannibal: 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2008
dayokanu:

Zidane deserved it in 2003 much more than Henry. Zidane won the league, what did Henry win?

In France 1998 & 2000, was Zidane voted best player in the tourney? No. Was he voted best player in Serie A? No
Was he tthe best Player in Juventus? No. Del Piero overshadowed him Yet he won the player of the year.
In 2002 Was Ronaldo voted best player in Inter Milan? No. Was Ronaldo voted best player in Serie A ? No.
In 2006, Was Canavaro voted best player in Juve or Serie A?

Platini has spoken and he has given him the criteria to be world or European best since February but the young man did not meet up.
So we have to think of a man without Blemish. Who dives legitimately unlike Ronaldo who dives Illegally

Dayokanu, stop being an idiot for once.
Listen to me like u have never listened to anyone in your miserable life??

How did Luiz Ronaldo win the award in 1996??
Germany won Euro 1996 with players like Bierhoff and Sammer . . .
Stoichkov, Shearer, Suker, Laudrup all took part in the competition and were not voted. . . .

Luiz Ronaldo even lost out in the Olympic against Nigeria and still went ahead to win.
The only thing Ronaldo won in 1996 was the Dutch Cup for PSV and La Liga super cup for Barcelona plus a staggering goal ratio.
Compare that to Cristiano Ronaldo's phenomenal season last year and your brain cells should know who would walk away with the awards.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On Jul 21, 2008
Sammer won the Ballon D'Or in 1996

Why did he?

Moreover count the number of example I have given you and try and see reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 / Wikki Tourist Vs Warri Wolves FC (1 - 0) On22nd April 2015 / Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.