Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? (1950 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? / If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Ramtzy: 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
Logicboy03: Here are comments made by religious people both on and off Nairaland.

1) All atheists are fools and my bible says so (psalm 14;1)

2) Being a catholic does not make one a christian

3) In Islam, we respect women.....(2 comments later)....a man can hit his wife in certain situations

4) Evolution is a lie from hell

5) In islam, Jesus was a muslim

6) Nature shows that we have an intelligent designer/creator (consider that if even that were true, it is a million times more likely that there were creators not just one creator for everything that is mass produced needs more than one producer)

7)God is outside time. (note that being outside time is contradictory and logically impossible)

cool Jesus was without sin (yes, but indirectly calling a needy woman a dog and then delaying her son's healing just because she wasnt a Jew is not a sin)

9) Islam is a religion of peace

10) Atheism is a white man/foreign religion

My top 10 favourite religious lies.....number 10 is my favourite.

How can religions so true carry so much false baggage? Compare this to atheism or humanis....how many lies can you get out of them? Or still, I beckon unto people to give their favourite religious lies......

A Muslim is a person who believes in oneness of God and submit whole heartedly to His will. And dats was d believe & teachings of Jesus christ while on earth... He was never a Christain & can never have being one... His coming back is to destroy the cross & proclaim the religion of Monotheism-Islam
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
nnofaith: Question: why do you believe the koran?
Answer : mohammed said we should.
Question: why do you believe mohammed?
Answer : the koran said we should.

like seriously?
Why not produce your own from what you believe that established the fact that your scripture and ur religion are from God as I do
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Ramtzy: 5:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
Logicboy03: Here are comments made by religious people both on and off Nairaland.

3) In Islam, we respect women.....(2 comments later)....a man can hit his wife in certain situations

6) Nature shows that we have an intelligent designer/creator (consider that if even that were true, it is a million times more likely that there were creators not just one creator for everything that is mass produced needs more than one producer)

7)God is outside time. (note that being outside time is contradictory and logically impossible)

cool Jesus was without sin (yes, but indirectly calling a needy woman a dog and then delaying her son's healing just because she wasnt a Jew is not a sin)

How can religions so true carry so much false baggage? Compare this to atheism or humanis....how many lies can you get out of them? Or still, I beckon unto people to give their favourite religious lies......

A Muslim is a person who believes in oneness of God and submit whole heartedly to His will. And dats was d believe & teachings of Jesus christ while on earth... He was never a Christain & can never have being one... His coming back is to destroy the cross & proclaim the religion of Monotheism-Islam
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
nnofaith: Question: why do you believe the koran?
Answer : mohammed said we should.
Question: why do you believe mohammed?
Answer : the koran said we should.

like seriously?

Why not produce your own from what you believed that established the fact that your scripture and ur religion were from God as I do
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by nnofaith: 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:

Why not produce your own from what you believed that established the fact that your scripture and ur religion were from God as I do
was a muslim untill a few weeks ago. there is nothing you can tell me about islam.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by nnofaith: 5:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ramtzy:

yeah right!
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
nnofaith: was a muslim untill a few weeks ago. there is nothing you can tell me about islam.
What do you know about islam
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by nnofaith: 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:
What do you know about islam
i know everything you know. and more..
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
nnofaith: i know everything you know. and more..
What's is ur own then and tell me u know abt islam
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2013
Goshen : Mary was a virgin, gave birth to Jesus without having sex and no knowledge of artificial insemination.

Catholic : Mary is a virgin forever with additional five kids

Obadiah : Joseph is the father of Jesus. The Jewish man f*ucked Mary

we learnt that the fact is, Joseph, Mary and Jesus didn't exist. They are all like talking tortoise in the yoruba mythology
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Goshen : Mary was a virgin, gave birth to Jesus without having sex and no knowledge of artificial insemination.

we learnt that the fact is, Joseph, Mary and Jesus didn't exist. They are all like talking tortoise in the yoruba mythology

Don't fabricate what u don't know, Man. Bring ur proof to support ur stand
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ramtzy:

So a Zoroastrian or Jew is also a muslim?

Because by your reductionist definition, they both worship one God and bow to his will.

Mtchew. Jesus was a Jew who preached with Jewish scriptures, baptised and lived with other Jews. For you to say that he is a muslim, you are delusional
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ooman(m): 7:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Goshen : Mary was a virgin, gave birth to Jesus without having sex and no knowledge of artificial insemination.

Dang, I cant stop laughing.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Danyell(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
Now this is getting interesting. The avengers are here to defend their religion. Dudes, make your God proud!
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:

Don't fabricate what u don't know, Man. Bring ur proof to support ur stand

Which state are you from? Visit any state libray and access more information through the internet. I dont need to school you. Ok?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by saintvc(m): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: was a muslim untill a few weeks ago. there is nothing you can tell me about islam.
feW WEeks,. You are a baby atheist without teeth still suckin breast milk.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by saintvc(m): 12:23am On Apr 28, 2013

. Fact is , they existed. We all have difrent view of the existence
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 6:09am On Apr 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Which state are you from? Visit any state libray and access more information through the internet. I dont need to school you. Ok?
You are pointless, if your lecturer ask u a question in classroom on particular topic, will u tell him d answer is in d library. Where is proof from Quran or Bible? Or if u read it from library bring out those their verses of chapter.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 6:14am On Apr 28, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Now this is getting interesting. The avengers are here to defend their religion. Dudes, make your God proud!
Let's anybody come and defend his religion and to prove it without doubt. Let's people know which one is true and which one is false
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by thesecret222: 6:23am On Apr 28, 2013

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 28, 2013
ayenny02:
Let's anybody come and defend his religion and to prove it without doubt. Let's people know which one is true and which one is false

Abeg...commot with your islam. Your religion is false as well.

Can you explain how Muhammad flew into heaven on a winged horse?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by thesecret222: 6:42am On Apr 28, 2013
God is the omniscient, so therefore knows all, so if jack has two options, A and B by default god wpuld know jack would pick B, although he didnt make the choice for jack, it, him, her, god whatever knew he would chopse B, but how?
...if theres a god do we have free will?
Yes of course, if you are your own god,
...through the law of attraction, (as real as gravity) god knows all through feelings, the universe would be considered god, the universe is a similar concept of a computer, or piece of technolpgy... What if i were to tell you we're in a computer, or some kind of console, and life is just a simulation, as tho in the sims, when you play as your character, is your character aware that you are in control of him, and the idea of jesus, is jesus, gods way of making him self real? yes,

...and or the theory of MWI, many worlds interpretation explains that there are identical universe to ours, universes where all possibilities play out, where nazi won the world war, where im not writing this
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 7:38am On Apr 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

So a Zoroastrian or Jew is also a muslim?

Because by your reductionist definition, they both worship one God and bow to his will.

Mtchew. Jesus was a Jew who preached with Jewish scriptures, baptised and lived with other Jews. For you to say that he is a muslim, you are delusional

(AM NOT HERE TO AGAINST OTHER FAITH BUT TO ALL PROVE HIS/HER OWN RELIGION WITHOUT DOUBT)

Point of correction, jews is a religion, christianity is a religion and Islam is a religion.

Those who practice religion of islam are called Muslim. Muslim is an arabic word and which means worshiper of none except Allah alone.

Also Allah is an Arabic word which means God, Supreme Being. It is not subject to plurality or gender. It is confusing to use the word God as many English-speaking Christian still consider Jesus as God, even the word creator is also confusing, as many christians still maintain that jesus had created the world.

Not only the name of Allah is strange, but also the way muslims worship Allah with ablution, bowing, kneeling, prostration and fasting is strange to non-muslim, but not strange to all prophets.

While ablution (washing of face, arms, feet and moistening of d hair) prior to worship is abandoned by modern christian, it is still required by muslim and previous prophets, as seen in the following passages of the Bible: Exodus 40:31-32
31 And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat:
32 When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the Lord commanded Moses.

John 13:12-15
12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Although Paul made many changes in jesus teaching, he was still faithful in respect to ablution(purification) as seen in Act 21:26;
26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Muslim Women perform their prayer with their head covered as 1 cor 11:5, 6 and 13;
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

Muslims worship with bowing, kneeling, prostration and without shoes as done by previous Prophet;
Psalm 95:6
6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

Joshua 5:14
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

Nehemiah 8:4-6
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Matthew 4:10
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

N:B- (AM NOT HERE TO AGAINST OTHER FAITH BUT TO ALL PROVE HIS/HER OWN RELIGION WITHOUT DOUBT)
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ayenny02(m): 8:19am On Apr 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Abeg...commot with your islam. Your religion is false as well.

Can you explain how Muhammad flew into heaven on a winged horse?

WHAT I WANT TO SAY ABOUT THE STORY IF U HAVE ANY PROOF TO BUTTRESS IT PLEASE BRING IT OR ACCEPT IT IF THERE IS NO CONTRARY PROOF TO BACK IT

The Night Journey – Al-Isra’ and Al-Miraj

Al-Isra’ and Al-Miraj (the Night Journey and Ascension) refer to the miraculous journey that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) experienced. Unlike what some people claim, that journey involved both the body and soul of the Prophet.

On that night, Jibreel came to the Prophet and told him to circumambulate the Kaaba seven times. At the Kaaba, Jibreel told him that he (Prophet Muhammad) was going to Al-Aqsa Mosque, wherefrom they shall both ascend the seventh heaven to meet Almighty Allah.

Prophet Muhammad started his journey of ascension from Al-Miraj Rock. In company with Angel Jibreel, he reached the seventh heaven within seconds. Today, a spacecraft traveling at a speed of 7,000 KPH takes three years to reach the nearest planet

Almighty Allah says,
“Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the Farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things). We gave Moses the Book, and made it a Guide to the Children of Israel, (commanding): “Take not other than Me as Disposer of (your) affairs.” O ye that are sprung from those whom We carried (in the Ark) with Noah! Verily he was a devotee most grateful.” (Surah Al Isra’ 17:1–3)

It is narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

"I was brought al-Buraq Who is an animal white and long, larger than a donkey but smaller than a mule, who would place his hoof a distance equal to the range of version. I mounted it and came to the Mosque (Bait Maqdis in Jerusalem), then tethered it to the ring used by the prophets. I entered the mosque and prayed two rak'ahs in it, and then came out and Jibreel brought me a vessel of wine and a vessel of milk. I chose the milk, and Jibreel said: "You have chosen the natural thing." Then he took me to heaven.

Jibreel then asked the (gate of heaven) to be opened and he was asked who he was. He replied: "Jibreel." He was again asked: "Who is with you?" He (Jibreel) said: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" Jibreel replied: "He has indeed been sent for." And (the door of the heaven) was opened for us and lo! we saw Adam. He welcomed me and prayed for my good.

Then we ascended to the second heaven. Jibreel (peace be upon him) (asked the door of heaven to be opened), and he was asked who he was. He answered: "Jibreel;" and was again asked: "Who is with you?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." The gate was opened. When I entered 'Isa b. Maryam and Yahya b. Zakariya (peace be upon both of them), cousins from the maternal side. welcomed me and prayed for my good.

Then I was taken to the third heaven and Jibreel asked for the opening (of the door). He was asked: "Who are you?" He replied: "Jibreel." He was (again) asked: "Who is with you?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." (The gate) was opened for us and I saw Yusuf (peace of Allah be upon him) who had been given half of (world) beauty. He welcomed me prayed for my well-being. Then he ascended with us to the fourth heaven.

Jibreel (peace be upon him) asked for the (gate) to be opened, and it was said: "Who is he?" He replied: "Jibreel." It was (again) said: "Who is with you?" He said: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." The (gate) was opened for us, and lo! Idris (peace of Allah be upon him) was there. He welcomed me and prayed for my well-being (About him) Allah, the Exalted and the Glorious, has said: "We elevated him (Idris) to the exalted position" (Quran, Surah Maryam 19:57).

Then he ascended with us to the fifth heaven and Jibreel asked for the (gate) to be opened. It was said: "Who is he?" He replied: "Jibreel." It was (again) said: "Who is with thee?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." (The gate) was opened for us and then I was with Harun (Aaron) (peace of Allah be upon him). He welcomed me prayed for my well-being.

Then I was taken to the sixth heaven. Jibreel (peace be upon him) asked for the door to be opened. It was said: "Who is he?" He replied: "Jibreel." It was said: "Who is with thee?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." (The gate) was opened for us and there I was with Musa (Moses peace be upon him) He welcomed me and prayed for my well-being.

Then I was taken up to the seventh heaven. Jibreel asked the (gate) to be opened. It was said: "Who is he?" He said: "Jibreel." It was said: "Who is with thee?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." (The gate) was opened for us and there I found Ibrahim (Abraham, peace be upon him) reclining against the Bayt-ul-Ma'mur and there enter into it seventy thousand angels every day, never to visit (this place) again. Then I was taken to Sidrat-ul-Muntaha whose leaves were like elephant ears and its fruit like big earthenware vessels. And when it was covered by the Command of Allah, it underwent such a change that none amongst the creation has the power to praise its beauty.

Then Allah revealed to me a revelation and He made obligatory for me fifty prayers every day and night. Then I went down to Musa (peace be upon him) and he said: "What has your Lord enjoined upon your Ummah?" I said: "Fifty prayers." He said: "Return to thy Lord and beg for reduction (in the number of prayers), for your community shall not be able to bear this burden. as I have put to test the children of Bani Israel and tried them (and found them too weak to bear such a heavy burden)." He (the Holy Prophet) said: "I went back to my Lord and said: My Lord, make things lighter for my Ummah." (The Lord) reduced five prayers for me. I went down to Musa (peace be upon him) and said: "(The Lord) reduced five (prayers) for me," He said: "Verily thy Ummah shall not be able to bear this burden; return to thy Lord and ask Him to make things lighter." I then kept going back and forth between my Lord Blessed and Exalted and Musa (peace be upon him), till He said: There are five prayers every day and night.

O Muhammad, each being credited as ten, so that makes fifty prayers. He who intends to do a good deed and does not do it will have a good deed recorded for him; and if he does it, it will be recorded for him as ten; whereas he who intends to do an evil deed and does not do, it will not be recorded for him; and if he does it, only one evil deed will be recorded. I then came down and when I came to Musa (peace be upon him) and informed him, he said: "Go back to thy Lord and ask Him to make things lighter." Upon this the Messenger of Allah remarked: "I returned to my Lord until I felt ashamed before Him."" (Sahih Muslim, Book #001, Hadith #0309)
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
ayenny02:
You are pointless, if your lecturer ask u a question in classroom on particular topic, will u tell him d answer is in d library. Where is proof from Quran or Bible? Or if u read it from library bring out those their verses of chapter.

which place did you loose from? Did I claim to be Goshen or Catholic? Are those words mine? I quote them bro. You are sounding ........ Dont make me use words on you. If you want to know, browse through Goshen's post or meet some catholic members. Ok?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? by ooman(m): 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
ayenny02:

WHAT I WANT TO SAY ABOUT THE STORY IF U HAVE ANY PROOF TO BUTTRESS IT PLEASE BRING IT OR ACCEPT IT IF THERE IS NO CONTRARY PROOF TO BACK IT

The Night Journey – Al-Isra’ and Al-Miraj

Al-Isra’ and Al-Miraj (the Night Journey and Ascension) refer to the miraculous journey that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) experienced. Unlike what some people claim, that journey involved both the body and soul of the Prophet.

On that night, Jibreel came to the Prophet and told him to circumambulate the Kaaba seven times. At the Kaaba, Jibreel told him that he (Prophet Muhammad) was going to Al-Aqsa Mosque, wherefrom they shall both ascend the seventh heaven to meet Almighty Allah.

Prophet Muhammad started his journey of ascension from Al-Miraj Rock. In company with Angel Jibreel, he reached the seventh heaven within seconds. Today, a spacecraft traveling at a speed of 7,000 KPH takes three years to reach the nearest planet

Almighty Allah says,
“Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the Farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things). We gave Moses the Book, and made it a Guide to the Children of Israel, (commanding): “Take not other than Me as Disposer of (your) affairs.” O ye that are sprung from those whom We carried (in the Ark) with Noah! Verily he was a devotee most grateful.” (Surah Al Isra’ 17:1–3)

It is narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

"I was brought al-Buraq Who is an animal white and long, larger than a donkey but smaller than a mule, who would place his hoof a distance equal to the range of version. I mounted it and came to the Mosque (Bait Maqdis in Jerusalem), then tethered it to the ring used by the prophets. I entered the mosque and prayed two rak'ahs in it, and then came out and Jibreel brought me a vessel of wine and a vessel of milk. I chose the milk, and Jibreel said: "You have chosen the natural thing." Then he took me to heaven.

Jibreel then asked the (gate of heaven) to be opened and he was asked who he was. He replied: "Jibreel." He was again asked: "Who is with you?" He (Jibreel) said: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" Jibreel replied: "He has indeed been sent for." And (the door of the heaven) was opened for us and lo! we saw Adam. He welcomed me and prayed for my good.

Then we ascended to the second heaven. Jibreel (peace be upon him) (asked the door of heaven to be opened), and he was asked who he was. He answered: "Jibreel;" and was again asked: "Who is with you?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." The gate was opened. When I entered 'Isa b. Maryam and Yahya b. Zakariya (peace be upon both of them), cousins from the maternal side. welcomed me and prayed for my good.

Then I was taken to the third heaven and Jibreel asked for the opening (of the door). He was asked: "Who are you?" He replied: "Jibreel." He was (again) asked: "Who is with you?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." (The gate) was opened for us and I saw Yusuf (peace of Allah be upon him) who had been given half of (world) beauty. He welcomed me prayed for my well-being. Then he ascended with us to the fourth heaven.

Jibreel (peace be upon him) asked for the (gate) to be opened, and it was said: "Who is he?" He replied: "Jibreel." It was (again) said: "Who is with you?" He said: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." The (gate) was opened for us, and lo! Idris (peace of Allah be upon him) was there. He welcomed me and prayed for my well-being (About him) Allah, the Exalted and the Glorious, has said: "We elevated him (Idris) to the exalted position" (Quran, Surah Maryam 19:57).

Then he ascended with us to the fifth heaven and Jibreel asked for the (gate) to be opened. It was said: "Who is he?" He replied: "Jibreel." It was (again) said: "Who is with thee?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." (The gate) was opened for us and then I was with Harun (Aaron) (peace of Allah be upon him). He welcomed me prayed for my well-being.

Then I was taken to the sixth heaven. Jibreel (peace be upon him) asked for the door to be opened. It was said: "Who is he?" He replied: "Jibreel." It was said: "Who is with thee?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." (The gate) was opened for us and there I was with Musa (Moses peace be upon him) He welcomed me and prayed for my well-being.

Then I was taken up to the seventh heaven. Jibreel asked the (gate) to be opened. It was said: "Who is he?" He said: "Jibreel." It was said: "Who is with thee?" He replied: "Muhammad." It was said: "Has he been sent for?" He replied: "He has indeed been sent for." (The gate) was opened for us and there I found Ibrahim (Abraham, peace be upon him) reclining against the Bayt-ul-Ma'mur and there enter into it seventy thousand angels every day, never to visit (this place) again. Then I was taken to Sidrat-ul-Muntaha whose leaves were like elephant ears and its fruit like big earthenware vessels. And when it was covered by the Command of Allah, it underwent such a change that none amongst the creation has the power to praise its beauty.

Then Allah revealed to me a revelation and He made obligatory for me fifty prayers every day and night. Then I went down to Musa (peace be upon him) and he said: "What has your Lord enjoined upon your Ummah?" I said: "Fifty prayers." He said: "Return to thy Lord and beg for reduction (in the number of prayers), for your community shall not be able to bear this burden. as I have put to test the children of Bani Israel and tried them (and found them too weak to bear such a heavy burden)." He (the Holy Prophet) said: "I went back to my Lord and said: My Lord, make things lighter for my Ummah." (The Lord) reduced five prayers for me. I went down to Musa (peace be upon him) and said: "(The Lord) reduced five (prayers) for me," He said: "Verily thy Ummah shall not be able to bear this burden; return to thy Lord and ask Him to make things lighter." I then kept going back and forth between my Lord Blessed and Exalted and Musa (peace be upon him), till He said: There are five prayers every day and night.

O Muhammad, each being credited as ten, so that makes fifty prayers. He who intends to do a good deed and does not do it will have a good deed recorded for him; and if he does it, it will be recorded for him as ten; whereas he who intends to do an evil deed and does not do, it will not be recorded for him; and if he does it, only one evil deed will be recorded. I then came down and when I came to Musa (peace be upon him) and informed him, he said: "Go back to thy Lord and ask Him to make things lighter." Upon this the Messenger of Allah remarked: "I returned to my Lord until I felt ashamed before Him."" (Sahih Muslim, Book #001, Hadith #0309)

Interesting story. If this really happened, then I can also teleport to Mars and back within a second grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now Available::: March 2015 Mfm Power Must Change Hands Message.. Download Here / VIDEO: Pastor Who Made Congregants Strip, Jumps On Top Of Church Member / Controversy: Prophet Faleyimu Predicts Death Of TB Joshua In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.