Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? (5784 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / If Your Religion Is True, Why Is It Full Of False Statements? / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 14, 2012
Why do you run away from logical debates by trying to censor atheist arguments?

Why are you afraid of your children mixing with atheist children?

Why are you silent when evidence is shown to you that less religious countries perform better?

Why are you quick to denounce your memebers who do evil with the backing of the holy books as "fake christians" or "not real muslims"?

Why are you afraid to question your God? Why is he afraid to talk to atheists?

Why are you forced to admit that majority of your members are not "true muslims" or "true christians"?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by advocate666: 9:28am On Dec 14, 2012
^^^All the above don't apply to Satanism. The one true religion.

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 14, 2012
Lol. What suggests guilt in all of that?

Logicboy03: Why do you run away from logical debates by trying to censor atheist arguments?

Why are you silent when evidence is shown to you that less religious countries perform better?

Why are you quick to denounce your memebers who do evil with the backing of the holy books as "fake christians" or "not real muslims"?

Why are you forced to admit that majority of your members are not "true muslims" or "true christians"?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by advocate666: 9:33am On Dec 14, 2012
Ihedinobi: Lol. What suggests guilt in all of that?

You are right, it is worse than guilt. It is fear and cowardice and also abject foolishness and ignorance.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2012
advocate666: ^^^All the above don't apply to Satanism. The one true religion.

The one true delusion. A contradiction in excess cheesy
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by mumumugu(m): 9:35am On Dec 14, 2012
Logicboy03: Why do you run away from logical debates by trying to censor atheist arguments?

haw can i be guilty dat am not a fool? Why should my children interact with fools?why should i be involvd in foolish debate
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2012
advocate666:

You are right, it is worse than guilt. It is fear and cowardice and also abject foolishness and ignorance.

#ouch.....Ihedinobi ripped a new azzhole!
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 14, 2012
Ihedinobi: Lol. What suggests guilt in all of that?

lol....how foolish.

Is that all you can say? Denying the obvious?

Mtchew. Dubious apologist
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by k2039: 9:36am On Dec 14, 2012
all of the above doesnt apply to me.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2012
mumumugu:
haw can i be guilty dat am not a fool? Why should my children interact with fools?why should i be involvd in foolish debate

Thank you for showing the true love of your religion grin grin grin
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2012
k2039: all of the above doesnt apply to me.

Denial......how many times was jesus denied?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by advocate666: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol grin
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by k2039: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Denial......how many times was jesus denied?

Prove your point.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol....how foolish.

Is that all you can say? Denying the obvious?

Mtchew. Dubious apologist

Nonsense
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Nonsense

Why do you run away from logical debates?
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by MrAnony1(m): 10:47am On Dec 14, 2012
Logicboy03:
If your religion is true, why do you feel guilty?
First you have to prove that religious people feel guilty

Why do you run away from logical debates by trying to censor atheist arguments?
First you have to prove that the argument is logical then go on to prove that religious people run away from it.

You also have to provide proof of this

Again you have to prove that less religion is actually the cause of betterment. Countries with more straight hair than curly haired citizens also do better.

It is either they are fake or they are genuine. In fact it is someone with knowledge of the "holy books" that has the right to make that call.

Again you haven't proven that anyone is afraid to question God neither have you proven that God is afraid to talk to atheists.

In the same way we are forced to admit that the Nigerian government is a democratic government but majority of her state governors are not democratic.

Evangelist logicboy, next time before you open your mouth and start yapping, Provide sufficient back up for your claims. If you are going to do atheist apologetics, at least do it properly.

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by advocate666: 10:49am On Dec 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
First you have to prove that religious people feel guilty

First you have to prove that the argument is logical then go on to prove that religious people run away from it.

You also have to provide proof of this

Again you have to prove that less religion is actually the cause of betterment. Countries with more straight hair than curly haired citizens also do better.

It is either they are fake or they are genuine. In fact it is someone with knowledge of the "holy books" that has the right to make that call.

Again you haven't proven that anyone is afraid to question God neither have you proven that God is afraid to talk to atheists.

In the same way we are forced to admit that the Nigerian government is a democratic government but majority of her state governors are not democratic.

Evangelist logicboy, next time before you open your mouth and start yapping, Provide sufficient back up for your claims. If you are going to do atheist apologetics, at least do it properly.

No he doesn't have to prove anything.
You cannot debate meaninfully without attacking and using fallacious argument. On the other hand, you don't really have a choice.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by MrAnony1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
advocate666:

No he doesn't have to prove anything.
You cannot debate meaninfully without attacking and using fallacious argument. On the other hand, you don't really have a choice.
Lol, of course he doesn't have to provide proof, all he has to do is make empty allegations and we must accept them on blind faith. In fact any demand for proof from him is a "fallacious argument". I hear you.

I used to think the one they call logicboy was one of the most irrational people I've come across but now I think you have taken that title away from him. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Vansnickers: 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

HA! grin
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by mazaje(m): 1:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
What suprises me about christians especially is their love of life and irrational fear of death. If they truly believe their religion is true why do they fear death soooo much? Christians pray endlessly for the silliest of things. They know they will die yet constantly pray that they don't. When they are sick instead of praying for a quick and painless death they pray for quick recovery so that they will continue to live. When sick they still fast and pray to get well and live. This is very silly because most christians claim to want to be with the loved ones they lost. They claim they love Jesus soooo much and will want to be with him. They love god soooo much and wil also want to be with him. They offer praises to god as the best things that has ever happend to them and will want to get to be with him. They can't wait to go to heaven. But when they see danger or anything that will kill them and make them go to heaven they will pray, cry, wail and ask their god to spare their lives and make them continue to live. Why is that so?

Even many of them that can't wait for the rapture and believe it will happen in their life times don't want to die. Go to their houses and see how they are praying shouting and crying to their god to save their lives and the life of their sick ones or those that are facing death in one way or the other. They claim they love jesus and cant wait to be with him, cant wait for the rapture yet, on their death beds they want nothing more than to live.

In the end there is a part of their brain that tells them" Ohh I know thats probably bullshit". . .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by MrAnony1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
mazaje: What suprises me about christians especially is their love of life and irrational fear of death. If they truly believe their religion is true why do they fear death soooo much? Christians pray endlessly for the silliest of things. They know they will die yet constantly pray that they don't. When they are sick instead of praying for a quick and painless death they pray for quick recovery so that they will continue to live. When sick they still fast and pray to get well and live. This is very silly because most christians claim to want to be with the loved ones they lost. They claim they love Jesus soooo much and will want to be with him. They love god soooo much and wil also want to be with him. They offer praises to god as the best things that has ever happend to them and will want to get to be with him. They can't wait to go to heaven. But when they see danger or anything that will kill them and make them go to heaven they will pray, cry, wail and ask their god to spare their lives and make them continue to live. Why is that so?

Even many of them that can't wait for the rapture and believe it will happen in their life times don't want to die. Go to their houses and see how they are praying shouting and crying to their god to save their life of themselves and their sick ones or those that are facing death in one way or the other. They claim they love jesus and cant wait to be with him, cant wait for the rapture yet, on their death beds they want nothing more than to live.

In the end there is a part of their brain that tells them" Ohh I know thats probably bullshit". . .
You have just made some faulty presumptions here.

Christians live to proclaim the glory of God. We will continue to pray that God keeps us alive and well so as to do his good work and when we have finished the work, God will bring us home to Him. I have never met any Christian who doesn't pray for God's will above his/her own.

We are not afraid of death, Christ has conquered death already. In fact we would rather die proclaiming God's goodness than die "peacefully" in our sleep.

For us to live is Christ and to die is gain . . . . .all to God's glory according to His will.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by advocate666: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, of course he doesn't have to provide proof, all he has to do is make empty allegations and we must accept them on blind faith. In fact any demand for proof from him is a "fallacious argument". I hear you.

I used to think the one they call logicboy was one of the most irrational people I've come across but now I think you have taken that title away from him. Congratulations.

The bolded is the christian stance. Not atheists'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by advocate666: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
mazaje:

Gbam!
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by MrAnony1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
advocate666:

The bolded is the christian stance. Not atheists'.
smh
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by advocate666: 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
smh

If you want, you can shake your nyash as well, it doesn't change the truth. The burden of proof lies with the proponent of an imagination.

3 Likes

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by mazaje(m): 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You have just made some faulty presumptions here.

Christians live to proclaim the glory of God. We will continue to pray that God keeps us alive and well so as to do his good work and when we have finished the work, God will bring us home to Him. I have never met any Christian who doesn't pray for God's will above his/her own.

We are not afraid of death, Christ has conquered death already. In fact we would rather die proclaiming God's goodness than die "peacefully" in our sleep.

For us to live is Christ and to die is gain . . . . .all to God's glory according to His will.

Nothing I have said is faulty. . . Why do you make false statements most of the time?. . .You claim you have never met any Christian who doesn't pray for God's will above his/her own, yet we see christians ALWAYS praying for protection and good health even when they know that they will die. Most who have terminal diseases they know will kill them still pray for mercy and expect a miracle from their god so that they will live, when was the last time you saw a christians praying for a painless and speedy death despite all the lies they spew about wanting to meet their god all of the time?. . .You statement has no reality to support it because christians claim that their god is in control of their lives and watches over them. . .The fact their god was watching when they first got the disease or accident, and that he stood by and allowed it to happen, means that is his will and plans for them , no?. .

Why then do they pray for healing instead of a speedy death even when they know their situation is hopeless?. . .If you guys are not afraid of death, you will not be crying, wailing and praying for your god to spare your life when you come face to face with death, you will be praying for a speedy and painless death instead. . The fact the christians do not do any of the things i have stated when faced with death but pray to live shows that you do not even have an idea of what you are talkking about but just wanted to write anything against what i wrote even if it doesn't make any sense. . .God's glory according to his will yet when anony is faced with death he will cry and pray to his god to save his life even when it is his god's will that he dies. . .SMH. . .

4 Likes

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by MrAnony1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
advocate666:

If you want, you can shake your nyash as well, it doesn't change the truth. The burden of proof lies with the proponent of an imagination.
As far as this thread is concerned, logicboy is the proponent of the conjectures laid out in the op. The burden of proof lies fully with him.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by MrAnony1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
mazaje:

Nothing I have said is faulty. . . Why do you make false statements most of the time?. . .You claim never met any Christian who doesn't pray for God's will above his/her own, yet we see christians ALWAYS praying for protection and good health even when they know that they will die.

As I said, you are running on faulty presumptions. I repeat: I have never met any Christian who doesn't pray for God's will above his/her own!
Secondly, how do you know that they know that they will die? have you recently picked up mind reading as a hobby?

Most who have terminal diseases they know will kill them still pray for mercy and expect a miracle from their god so that they will live, when was the last time you saw a christians praying for a painless and speedy death despite all the lies they spew about wanting to meet their god all of the time?. . .You statement has no reality to support it because christians claim that their god is in control of their lives and watches over them. . .The fact their god was watching when they first got the disease or accident, and that he stood by and allowed it to happen, means that is his will and plans for them , no?. .
As I said, a Christian wants to live to declare the glory of God and win more into the kingdom, and we also want to see His face so if He says "Come back home my son, you have finished your race." With great joy we will return to Him and if He grants us longer life on earth, we will use that time to continue to proclaim His Goodness. It is all about His will and not ours. Our purpose is to do the will of our Father.

Why then do they pray for healing instead of a speedy death even when they know their situation is hopeless?. . .If you guys are not afraid of death, you will not be crying, wailing and praying for your god to spare your life when you come face to face with death, you will be praying for a speedy and painless death instead. . The fact the christians do not do any of the things i have stated when faced with death but pray to live shows that you do not even have an idea of what you are talkking about but just wanted to write anything against what i wrote even if it doesn't make any sense. . .
Lol, you are still carrying on assuming that we are afraid of death. No we are not. The reason why you can't understand it is because your heart is by nature selfish so you expect a christian to want to die once he/she has been saved because that is the kind of thing you would do.

Praying that God gives us long life is not because we are scared of death. If God wills it we will live long and proclaim His glory and if He wills that we come home to Him, then we will go rejoicing. It is all about God not us.

Show me one Christian from the bible who begged for his/her life when faced with death. Also show me one Christian from the bible who prayed for a speedy and painless death. There are none! But I can show you from scripture a good number of Christians who submitted their lives to God even on to the point of death. I wonder from whence you invented these "christians" you are talking about.

God's glory according to his will yet when anony is faced with death he will cry and pray to his god to save his life even when it is his god's will that he dies. . .SMH. . .
Lol, of course mazaje knows this for sure because only last week mazaje held a gun to anony's head and witnessed him crying to God to save his life.
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
Lol @ the christians saying they pray so they will live long to spread the gospel and do good.

Now we all know thats not true. Christians aren't spongebob neither do they live in lolli-pop land.

The average christian prays everyday to get cars, a mansion, get a job in an oil company, have his children be doctors and lawyers etc.
U would hardly hear, not even in a church, christians praying that their next evangelical mission would be successful or their next charity visit would be a blast.
And even if their is such a prayer sqeezed into the overwelming financial breakthrough chants, it will never receive as exciting an amen as that for material wealth.

#giggles at the thought of the ridiculous claim and keeps whistling ''everyone considered him the coward of the county'' changes mind and whistles ''this world is not my home, I'm just a passer by''#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by MrAnony1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
inurmind: Lol @ the christians saying they pray so they will live long to spread the gospel and do good.

Now we all know thats not true. Christians aren't spongebob neither do they live in lolli-pop land.

The average christian prays everyday to get cars, a mansion, get a job in an oil company, have his children be doctors and lawyers etc.
U would hardly hear, not even in a church, christians praying that their next evangelical mission would be successful or their next charity visit would be a blast.
And even if their is such a prayer sqeezed into the overwelming financial breakthrough chants, it will never receive as exciting an amen as that for material wealth.
Good thing you should say that. Now all you have to do is to show us where in the bible we can find Christians who put material wealth above God's kingdom. If you cannot do this, then please tell us why you have chosen to describe people who are not living according to scripture as Christians.

1 Like

Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Good thing you should say that. Now please show me where in the bible we can find Christians who put material wealth above God's kingdom. If you cannot do this, then please tell me why you have chosen to describe people who are not living according to scripture as Christians.

Good thing u know none of ur peeps are being ideal christians, neither are u.
If u were then logicboy would not be asking the question, ''why is ur god scared of talking to atheists?''
Re: If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? by MrAnony1(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
inurmind:

Good thing u know none of ur peeps are being idle christians, neither are u.
If u were then logicboy would not be asking the question, ''why is ur god scared of talking to atheists?''
I'm afraid I don't understand what you said here. Care to expand on it or rephrase it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Side Effects Of Masturbation - How It Affects Your Personality / GOODBYE TO YOU ALL / IN WHOSE/WHAT'S IMAGE ARE THESE CHILDREN CREATED? MAN FIXING GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.