Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Wordpress Widget Generator - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Widget Generator (917 Views)

Custom Wordpress Widget Development Tutorial(in OOP) / Nigerian Stock Exchange News Feed Widget :: / Nigerian Headline News Widget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Widget Generator by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
hi guys, got another request from a client, and just thought i discuss the structure since i can't seem to find a plugin like this, so i have no choice than to create one, How it works is that, you simply select some settings from a page giving you widget properties and it generates a script that can fetch your contents on external site.

1. Run on Wordpress: I know Wordpress has a file that once included you can expose all WordPress API from outside WordPress installation but the client wants it to run from WordPress and not external ?

2. The Plugin should generate Script and obviously that's JavaScript but you cannot make an AJAX call to another host,unless i use JSONP, i was thinking of doing this <script type='javascript' src='js.php'> and dump the JSON Object into the Page and use Javascript to handle the Interactivity also.

If you got any idea on how to do it lemme know thanx.
Re: Wordpress Widget Generator by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 28, 2013
wow no response. NL Webmaster is officially dead. maybe i shud have changed the topic to VBScript vs JavaScript for more response.
Re: Wordpress Widget Generator by brine(m): 3:31pm On May 01, 2013
pc guru: The Plugin should generate Script and obviously that's JavaScript but you cannot make an AJAX call to another host

What Ajax call are you making to another host This should be dependent on the function of the "widget" you're or will be planning on generating.Are you trying to create a "wordpress widget generator" to display my profile name and probably avatar for website A on another wordpress blog?
Re: Wordpress Widget Generator by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 01, 2013
The Ajax call is made from the Widget to my Host(Client). so it queries for Categories and since the script is loaded from host,There won't be issue of Sandboxing

(1) (Reply)

Seun Please How Do You Host Nairaland? / Caller Tunes Business: How To Set It Up And Make Money From It / How To Creat Like Naijaloaded Site Using Wordpress With Code For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.