Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? (24891 Views)

History Of Nsibidi The Ancient Igbo Alphabets Britain Destroyed Ibo Civilization / Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids / Interesting Facts About The Igbo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rossikk:

More wild, lunatic drivel indicating you need to be sectioned in a sanatorium.

that all you are fit to say, you son of a b!tch. you need to be caged in a mental asylum.you need psychopathic treatment with your obsession with skin colour.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Rossikk(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
and anyways, WHY DOES A TRIBELESS HALF-BRED LIKE YOU CARE WHAT WE ARE CALLED

JUST STFU AND LEAVE US TO OUR BUSINESS!
angry

YOU are not a Nigerian. YOU get lost to wherever hole you crept out of. Troll animal claiming Nigeria.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Rossikk(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

that all you are fit to say, you son of a b!tch. you need to be caged in a mental asylum.you need psychopathic treatment with your obsession with skin colour.

You are a complete ret'ard with zero knowledge of yourself or the African continent. Go and chuck spears and eat goatshiit, that's all you're good for. Stinking tribalist peabrain. Achebe, Nkrumah, Dr King and other African sages are ALL on my side. There is not ONE single African intellectual who reasons in your animalistic fashion. If there is, name the person.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rossikk:

YOU are not a Nigerian. YOU get lost to wherever hole you crept out of. Troll animal claiming Nigeria.

A$$HOLE AMERICAN! LMAO! WHO ARE YOU KIDDING YOU LUNATIC? you go sleep in your gutter you filth. dont use my words on me. YOU ARE THE TROLL HERE! FLOODING THE FORUM WITH STONE STATUES AND CLAIMING DESCENT FROM EGYPTIANS , ASSYRIANS, ARABS, ETC, AND THEN CALLING ME A SLAVE!
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rossikk:

You are a complete ret'ard with zero knowledge of yourself or the African continent. Go and chuck spears and eat goatshiit, that's all you're good for. Stinking tribalist peabrain.

Your words dont mean anything. I have more knowledge than you which i why I beat you in every argument so far. all you dould do was hurl lame insults at me. I was born in African continent unlike you! Ill chuck spears. there is no shame in that. you can do your drugs and make p.orn videos and worship your gay emancipators (malcom x was a homos.exual btw and worked as a gigolo for a while. im not even kidding. thats the type of ppl who led your movement. you can worship them).

STINKING RACIST LIAR.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
AND BTW LMAO @ CALLING ME A TRIBALIST JUST BECAUSE I SUPPORT AFRICAN TRIBES!

YOU ARE NOT A NIGERIAN! I KNOW THAT FOR SURE!

ALL NIGERIANS LOVE THEIR TRIBES! YOU ARE NOT ONE! YOU ARE A LUNATIC AND AN AMERICAN! I KNOW YOUR LIKES.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Rossikk(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

A$$HOLE AMERICAN! LMAO! WHO ARE YOU KIDDING YOU LUNATIC? you go sleep in your gutter you filth. dont use my words on me. YOU ARE THE TROLL HERE! FLOODING THE FORUM WITH STONE STATUES AND CLAIMING DESCENT FROM EGYPTIANS , ASSYRIANS, ARABS, ETC, AND THEN CALLING ME A SLAVE!

Where did I claim descent from Arabs and Assyrians?? Of course the ancient Egyptians were described by themselves and visitors to their land as blacks, and WERE ancestors of modern black Africans. MANY Nigerian and African scholars like Olumide Lucas, Aderibigbe, Cheikh Anta Diop as well as western scholars like Bernal, Basil Davidson, Chancellor Williams - these are people who are FAR SMARTER THAN YOU, snd HAVE DONE THE RESEARCH unlike your dumb, ignorant thick head, tribalist self. When you get your head out of the bush and expose yourself to books like the rest of the civilized world, then you'll sound less like a stupi.d lunatic.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Rossikk(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Your words dont mean anything. I have more knowledge than you which i why I beat you in every argument so far..

What knowledge do you have? The other day I asked you for a list of African history books you've read, and you couldn't name a single book. Maybe you buried the books in your 'tribal' hut and forgot to read them in your haste to chuck spears?
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rossikk:

Where did I claim descent from Arabs and Assyrians?? Of course the ancient Egyptians were described by themselves and visitors to their land as blacks, and WERE ancestors of modern black Africans. MANY Nigerian and African scholars like Olumide Lucasa, Aderibigbe, Cheikh Anta Diop as well as western scholars like Bernal, Basil Davidson Chancellor Williams - these are people who are FAR SMARTER THAN YOU, snd HAVE DONE THE RESEARCH unlike your dumb, ignorant thick head, tribalist self. Wehn you getr your head out of the bush and expose yourself to books like tre rest of the civilized world, then you'll sound less like a raving lunatic.

YOU CLAIMED ASSYRIANS WERE BLACKS! DONT LIE! WHICH MEANS YOU TRIED TO PROVE OUR RELATION TO THEM!
AND EGYPTIANS DID NOT JUST LEAVE EGYPT AND SETTLE IN NIGERIA YOU F00L. THE EGYPTIAN HISTORY IS AS OLD AS THAT OF INDIGENOUS AFRICAN SETTLEMENTS, IF NOT YOUNGER!
IF YOU WANT ME TO QUOTE AUTHORS, I CAN DO THAT TOO! IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE SO IN THIS THREAD. THEY ARE NOT SMARTER THAN ME! THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND ME IS THAT THEY HAVE PENNED THEIR WORKS DOWN. YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE. PROVIDE ARGUMENTS HERE OR ELSE SHUT UP! I HAVE ALREADY GRADUATED UNIVERSITY AND I HAVE STUDIED FAR MORE THAN YOU! IVE READ MORE BOOKS THAN YOU! ITS JUST THAT I DONT CONCENTRATE ALL MY BOOK READING ON RACIST MATERIAL. YOUR MOTHER MUST BE LUNATIC.

IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS PUT SOME INFO HERE AND LET US DEBUNK YOU. OR ELSE SHUT THE FCK UP! angry angry angry angry
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rossikk:

What knowledge do you have? The other day I asked you for a list of African history books you've read, and you couldn't name a single book. Maybe you buried the books in your 'tribal' hut and forgot to read them in your haste to chuck spears?

I have a lot of knowledge. I have read countless books. Im a man into religion more than these things. Which is why I didnt name authors. However Ive read enough. why are you asking me to deal with other works? I have my own brain and research. If you want info then ask me! Why are you scared? Go do your p.orn videos. dont wast my time.atleast youll earn some money that way.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
btw this is hardly my area. You are just diverting from the core issue now. stop running away.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Rossikk(m): 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

YOU CLAIMED ASSYRIANS WERE BLACKS! DONT LIE! WHICH MEANS YOU TRIED TO PROVE OUR RELATION TO THEM!
AND EGYPTIANS DID NOT JUST LEAVE EGYPT AND SETTLE IN NIGERIA YOU F00L. THE EGYPTIAN HISTORY IS AS OLD AS THAT OF INDIGENOUS AFRICAN SETTLEMENTS, IF NOT YOUNGER!
IF YOU WANT ME TO QUOTE AUTHORS, I CAN DO THAT TOO! IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE SO IN THIS THREAD. THEY ARE NOT SMARTER THAN ME! THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND ME IS THAT THEY HAVE PENNED THEIR WORKS DOWN. YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE. PROVIDE ARGUMENTS HERE OR ELSE SHUT UP! I HAVE ALREADY GRADUATED UNIVERSITY AND I HAVE STUDIED FAR MORE THAN YOU! IVE READ MORE BOOKS THAN YOU! ITS JUST THAT I DONT CONCENTRATE ALL MY BOOK READING ON RACIST MATERIAL. YOUR MOTHER MUST BE LUNATIC.

IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS PUT SOME INFO HERE AND LET US DEBUNK YOU. OR ELSE SHUT THE FCK UP! angry angry angry angry

Your mother is a coc.k sucking prostitute for you to open your stinky trap to call my parents. You're a filthy dog with no home training. University my asss. You're a high school dropout without the least decorum. You interject debates with ''shut up there...''. Is that how they taught you to debate in your ''university''? Worthless animal with his head loaded with stinky pig shiit. Of course the first Assyrians were blacks. Even the first Arabs were blacks as were the first Indians and Chinese. The first EUROPEANS were blacks. It was AFRICANS afterall who migrated out of Africa to populate those places. Research evidence ABOUNDS on this. But because you're extremely stup.id and narrow minded you think Africans have only sat in their 'tribal village huts' throughout their existence. Any suggestion that they were learned, dynamic people who ventured out of their huts and villages is met by ANGER by you. When they show you books to read, you refuse to read. Compound dunce. Don't ever claim to be Nigerian here. Nigerians are intelligent folks who love learning. You are a thick-skulled dinosaur who hates to learn anything new.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rossikk:

Your mother is a cock sucking prostitute for you to open your stinky trap to call my parents. Your're a filthy dog with no home training. University my asss. You're a high school dropout without the least decorum. Yoiu interject debates with ''shut up there...''. Is that how they taught you to debate in your ''university''? Worthless animal with his head loaded with stinky pig shiit. Of course the first Assyrians were blacks. Even the first Arabs were blacks as were the first Indians and Chinese. It was AFRICANS afterall who migrated out of Africa to populate those places. Research evidence ABOUNDS on this. But because you're extremely stup.id and marrow minded you thonk Africans have omnly sat in their tribal village huts throughout their existence. When they show you books, you refuse to read. Compound dummy.

YOur mother is a street side prostitute and your father is a dirty gigolo who suck his own cock. you lunatic akata filth. yes your a$$ must be a university for p.ornographic classes. go back to your p.ornographic videos. you are not fit for any argument so now you have forced me to come to your level. Your head must be filled with pig shYT. THE FIRST ASSYRIANS WERE NOT BLACK! WHAT DO YOU MEAN OFCOURSE! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE ASSYRIA IS?
BLACK IS PHENOTYPE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT BULLSHYT YOU ARE TAKING? DO YOU KNOW WHAT EXACT SHADE OF BLACK THEY WERE? WHERE YOU ALIVE BACK THEN?!

GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS! EVERYONE CLAP FOR THIS MENTAL ASYLUM DROPOUT! SO NOW FIRST "ÄRABS" , "INDIANS" ( the b.astard doesnt know that there is no such ethnic group as INDIAN) and "CHINESE" were BLACKS. wow you are the best. you should deserve noble price!

YOU GET YOUR DATES RIGHT! YOU TALKED ABOUT CHINESE (i.e., PEOPLE LIVING IN CHINA) THEY WERE NOT BLACK. EITHER TALK ABOUT A SPECIFIC TIME PERIOD OF MIGRATIONS WITHIN AFRICA OR ON MAINLAND ASIA!

I WILL TELL YOU THAT CHINESE WERE APES! NOW WHAT? THIS IS HOW YOU ARE TALKING TO ME WITHOUT REFERANCE TO A DATE! EVERYONE WAS A MICRORGANISM, YOU KNOW THAT?!

RESEARCH EVIDENCE MY FOOT! YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THESE EVIDENCE! STOP CONFUSING THE DATES!

SO WHATS YOUR POINT IN THE END? EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD WAS APES! DOES THAT MAKE YOU A BIG ACHIEVER NOW

calling me narrow minded! LOOK AT YOUR OWN EMPTY EGG HEAD FIRST! THEN TALK.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by RedLight1: 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
why all these dirty insults undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Rossikk(m): 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
^^ sorry... my bad... I think I'll just ignore this tout from hereon out. Not worth the effort. cool
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
^^good. i was getting sick of your lies. you can now lie elsewhere and stop polluting this forum.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by RedLight1: 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rossikk: ^^ sorry... my bad... I think I'll just ignore this tout from hereon out. Not worth the effort. cool
thanks bro
and pagan 9ja please you too should stop
...lets debate like gentlemen. this is not politics section

thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Rossikk(m): 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
Red-Light:

If you go to the start of the thread you can see how the dude entered the debate - with insults and abuse. Totally intolerant of contrary perspectives. I've a new policy though. Anyone who cannot debate me within the realms of decency and mutual respect, I ignore, no matter what 'point' they raise. Life is too short!

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
Red-Light:
thanks bro
and pagan 9ja please you too should stop
...lets debate like gentlemen. this is not politics section

thanks

Yes I should. I must not let myself stoop to such levels as this fellow. He thinks he is some great person by calling me a spear thrower. anyways, whenever I see lies on this forum, I will argue against it. expecially such indecent and open lies to further personal motives. this is the first time Ive insulted so much. I just wanted to show these gutter borns that I too know how to swear.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

NO THEY DIDNT YOU MOR.ON! THEY CALLED THEIR OWN ETHNIC GROUPS AS TRIBES AS WELL, LIKE THE CELTIC TRIBES, GAELIC TRIBES, FRANKISH TRIBES, VISIGOTHIC TRIBES, ETC. STOP ACTING LIKE A VICTIM. AND ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT WE CALL OURSELVES.
TRIBE DOESNT MEAN UNEDUCATED OR CIVILIZED YOU BUGGER. TRIBES ARE USED BY ARABS TO CALL THEMSELVES AS WELL. GO TO UAE, SAUDI ARABIA, ETC. THEY CALL THEMSELVES "KABAEL/KABEELAH" OR TRIBES.
YOU THINK YOU ARE SO EDUCATED. FOR GODSS SAKE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW BASIC HISTORY AND I HAD TO TEACH YOU. WHAT A FAGGIT!
YOU STAY IN YOUR OWN CAGE! WE ARE FREE TRIBESMEN! YOU HAVE SERIOUS SLAVE MENTALITY! GO LICK YOUR MASTER BOOT!
Hausa man take it easy naw!
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 15, 2013
Rossikk:

Your mother is a coc.k sucking prostitute for you to open your stinky trap to call my parents. You're a filthy dog with no home training. University my asss. You're a high school dropout without the least decorum. You interject debates with ''shut up there...''. Is that how they taught you to debate in your ''university''? Worthless animal with his head loaded with stinky pig shiit. Of course the first Assyrians were blacks. Even the first Arabs were blacks as were the first Indians and Chinese. The first EUROPEANS were blacks. It was AFRICANS afterall who migrated out of Africa to populate those places. Research evidence ABOUNDS on this. But because you're extremely stup.id and narrow minded you think Africans have only sat in their 'tribal village huts' throughout their existence. Any suggestion that they were learned, dynamic people who ventured out of their huts and villages is met by ANGER by you. When they show you books to read, you refuse to read. Compound dunce. Don't ever claim to be Nigerian here. Nigerians are intelligent folks who love learning. You are a thick-skulled dinosaur who hates to learn anything new.

PAGAN 9JA:

YOur mother is a street side prostitute and your father is a dirty gigolo who suck his own cock. you lunatic akata filth. yes your a$$ must be a university for p.ornographic classes. go back to your p.ornographic videos. you are not fit for any argument so now you have forced me to come to your level. Your head must be filled with pig shYT. THE FIRST ASSYRIANS WERE NOT BLACK! WHAT DO YOU MEAN OFCOURSE! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE ASSYRIA IS?
BLACK IS PHENOTYPE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT BULLSHYT YOU ARE TAKING? DO YOU KNOW WHAT EXACT SHADE OF BLACK THEY WERE? WHERE YOU ALIVE BACK THEN?!

GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS! EVERYONE CLAP FOR THIS MENTAL ASYLUM DROPOUT! SO NOW FIRST "ÄRABS" , "INDIANS" ( the b.astard doesnt know that there is no such ethnic group as INDIAN) and "CHINESE" were BLACKS. wow you are the best. you should deserve noble price!

YOU GET YOUR DATES RIGHT! YOU TALKED ABOUT CHINESE (i.e., PEOPLE LIVING IN CHINA) THEY WERE NOT BLACK. EITHER TALK ABOUT A SPECIFIC TIME PERIOD OF MIGRATIONS WITHIN AFRICA OR ON MAINLAND ASIA!

I WILL TELL YOU THAT CHINESE WERE APES! NOW WHAT? THIS IS HOW YOU ARE TALKING TO ME WITHOUT REFERANCE TO A DATE! EVERYONE WAS A MICRORGANISM, YOU KNOW THAT?!

RESEARCH EVIDENCE MY FOOT! YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THESE EVIDENCE! STOP CONFUSING THE DATES!

SO WHATS YOUR POINT IN THE END? EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD WAS APES! DOES THAT MAKE YOU A BIG ACHIEVER NOW

calling me narrow minded! LOOK AT YOUR OWN EMPTY EGG HEAD FIRST! THEN TALK.

Gatdamn!

WTH? shocked undecided
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 15, 2013
Red-Light:

I know right?!
What ever happened to accepting opinions and agreeing to disagree? angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

those jamaicans are 24/7 high on marijuana.

lol you do know the HINDUS introduced Marijuana to Jamaicans right?
You're a pro-pagan man yet making fun of a pagan practice? lol

grin grin

I know these things get you riled up but take it easy...esp. when talking about JA.

btw thos black caribs are heavily mixed with Native Carib Indians. so please stfu. they are JAmaicans today.

yup!! among other things and we are proud. tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:59am On Jun 15, 2013
*Kails*:

I know these things get you riled up but take it easy...esp. when talking about JA.

where did I make fun? I just said the truth. did you see the quote he posted? Tell me Kails, does that make sense?

he is trying to attach anyone with dark skin with Africa and make them have an oblgation to it!

what riled me up was not the fact that it was a Jamaican, but what the quote he posted was! unbelievable!

his using such layman quotes to build a fake gospel truth.

yes be proud of what you are. one must not aspire for something they have no right to. that is a sign of their inferiority complex.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

where did I make fun? I just said the truth. did you see the quote he posted? Tell me Kails, does that make sense?

he is trying to attach anyone with dark skin with Africa and make them have an oblgation to it!

what riled me up was not the fact that it was a Jamaican, but what the quote he posted was! unbelievable! his using such layman quotes to build a fake gospel truth.

I understand where you are coming from Pagan.

But you know there is a reason for all of this. Don't pretend that people who think like him just came from nowhere. In the past Africans may not have used skin color as a basis to claim kinship with one another however recent events such as slavery, racism, and the likes have changed this.

Even as a "pro-tribal" person you know that this is the new reality. When you look at me, you won't see a white woman. You won't even know I was jamaican unless I told you..why is that?

exactly. skin color and race are both real.

I have had Africans who belong to tribes tell me that I "look African" and asked me if I were African (specifically if I were from Kenya). Now if Africans did not recognize that there is a such thing as a "black race" why would they confuse me for being one of them?

All I am saying Pagan is you are free to feel how you feel just as he is, but let's not pretend and fight the facts. Yes there are still tribes in Africa with unique histories, cultures and the likes but there is also a black race. How can one define it? well, it's up the the individuals..either way I don't see the need for the insults.

undecided

yes be proud of what you are. one must not aspire for something they have no right to. that is a sign of their inferiority complex.

I get what you are saying. smiley
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Nobody: 2:48am On Jun 15, 2013
Rossikk: See what I'm saying? Get this, you neophyte. What horners were "called" by a few misguided white folk CANNOT determine the meaning of the term negroid. Stop thinking like a slave. It is perfectly okay to reject THEIR intepretation of the term and superimpose YOURS. Are they your superiors, or they have three brains and you one? What the hell is wrong with you?

No...You nitwit. My god your idiocy is preventing you from understanding that I am ACTUALLY TRYING HELPING YOU!

No one is talking like a slave, but it is you that is talking like a illogical slowpoke that can't even comprehend the argument that we are having. Again no one...REPEAT...No one is separating horners from Africans.

But what you fail to understand and what you fail to grasp is that both Negroid and Negro are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT WORDS. Negroid DOES NOT have nothing to do with skin color, but physical features. Your idiocy is preventing you from understanding the flaws of the word Negroid. Again why do you think Negroid is an OUTDATED TERM!

slowpoke you're trying to say I am being an slave to white people or horners, when ITS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE and I'm again ACTUALLY trying to help you and debunk what those whites back then. Everyone with an IQ over 70 clearly understands what I'm saying. Again Negroid only means PHYSICAL FEATURES! Which is where the 'oid' comes in...Negr-oid, Mongol-oid, Caucas-oid. Seriously trying to educate you is like trying to educate deaf person.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 15, 2013
Rossikk: You need to get your sorry behind out of the asss of 19th century racists. For the umpteenth time, take that discredited, archaic, racist interpretation of negroid you borrowed from white racists and stuff it.

Again you're just proving time and time again that you're slow, have terrible comprehension skills and probably don't even know what this argument is about as proof with this post. slowpoke I'M THE ONE who TOLD YOU not to use those 19th century terms! Did even bother to even read my post on the Rwandan genocide At all? Here is it again!
KidStranglehold: The Hamitic hypothesis affected the policies of European imperial powers in the twentieth century. In Rwanda it was linked to the German and Belgian preferential attitudes to the Tutsis over the Hutu during the colonial period of rule. Some scholars believe this colonial bias was a significant factor contributing to the Rwandan genocide by the Hutus in 1994.
The League of Nations Mandate of 1916 appointed Belgium to govern Rwanda after Germany's defeat in World War I; Philip Gourevitch claims that “the terms Hutu and Tutsi had become clearly defined opposing “ethnic” identities, and the Belgians made this polarization the cornerstone of their colonial policy.”[13] Belgian officials measured numerous Rwandans to define traits among the various tribes; they used the differences to justify the Tutsis' majority of control throughout the country.
They defined racial differences between the Tutsi and Hutu peoples, differences which would impose a wholly inflexible ceiling on those classified as Hutu, rather than one that varied with social status.
Scholars such as Mahmood Mamdani suggested that the Hutu began to view the Tutsi as outside invaders to their land, as "aliens" and usurpers, and that this led, in the end, to genocide. He states that reforms of local government by the Belgian colonial rulers in the 1920s led to a situation in which the Hutus "were not ruled by their own chiefs but by Tutsi chiefs. The same reforms constructed the Tutsi into a different race: the Hamitic race." A major contributing force to the animosity between Hutu and Tutsi is derived from Spekes’ “Hamitic hypothesis”. Namely the notion that since the Tutsi were considered the Hamitic race, "the Hutu could frame the Tutsis as foreign invaders, as by definition, the Hamitic race is synonymous with a settling identity."
Following World War II, Belgium’s colonial administration had been placed under United Nations trusteeship; it was to prepare Rwanda for eventual independence as a self-governing nation. Hutu political activists emerged in great numbers and exploited this as an opportunity to rally the masses to unite in their "Hutuness," as this was their chance to finally gain power after decades of oppression.[13] This philosophy, coupled with other political incidents, led to the social revolution of 1959 when Hutus killed ten thousand Tutsis, predominantly those within the political structure, and displaced thousands more from their homes. What followed was essentially a racial and ethnic hierarchy similar in most respects to that of one year prior; however, the roles were simply reversed – Hutu dominated the institutions and established discrimination against Tutsi in education, the civil service and armed forces.
This creation of an artificial racial caste was unique to Rwanda and Burundi. While other ethnic groups outside Rwanda, such as the Bahima, were also identified by Europeans as "Hamites", they were not given institutionalised superior status. "Only in Rwanda and Burundi did the Hamitic hypothesis become the basis of a series of institutional changes that fixed the Tutsi as a race in their relationship to the colonial state."

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamitic#Rwanda_and_Burundi

For all you clueless people who don't know, 'Hamite' people were a part of the larger CAUCASOID RACE!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race#Classification

Hamites(Horners, Tutsi,etc) were deemed 'black' skinned Caucasoid! Why do you think the Europeans gave the Tutsi's higher power if they were 'Negroid'

Again this...

Was deemed superior to this...

Because the former was closer to this...

Get the picture? This isn't rocket science. But genetics has debunked all of this.

^^^^Now does that post even give the slightest hint that I'm even agreeing with those racist? No its actually the OPPOSITE.

Jesus Christ...Are people really this slow on this site?

Rossikk:
For US, a negroid is a person with traceable Negro ancestry and/or Negro features, of which dark skin is but one element.
It doesn't matter what it is for YOU or other people. YOU or other people didn't invent the term. Negroid is a physical anthropologist term...You and other people who use the term out of context just proves how uneducated and ignorant you are about the term. Negroid is a race which has been DEBUNKED and is scientifically invalid. Which is why Negroid now only deals with phenotype...

Rossikk:
Somalis, Ethiopians are blacks. They are negroes, therefore they are negroid. FULL STOP. We KNOW there are all sorts of disputes among European scholars regarding these definitions. That is NONE of OUR business. We tell THEM who WE are. Not the other way round.

Again for the last millionth time Negroid is NOT NEGRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Negro is a skin color, Negroid is a RACE. Which has been debunked and now only means phenotype. [b]Horners DO NOT HAVE NEGROID PHENOTYPES[/b!!!! But yes...They are genetically related to other Africans and are what you may call 'black'. If you truly disagree with European scholars, then you would stop using their terms like negroid and also negro.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Nobody: 3:20am On Jun 15, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin

Agreed.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by UyiIredia(m): 3:36am On Jun 15, 2013
@ Kails: Please o ! You are one of us !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNAp6Y2xTUo

We Are Africans.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Antivirus92(m): 5:29am On Jun 15, 2013
Too many derailers! Try and comment on the topic
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by Rossikk(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
KidStranglehold:
But what you fail to understand and what you fail to grasp is that both Negroid and Negro are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT WORDS.

Of course they are two different words. Who said they meant the same thing? Negroid means of visible black African ancestry. Negro means a black person. That's all there is to it.

Negroid DOES NOT have nothing to do with skin color, but physical features.

Does skin colour not constitute part of one's physical features?

Of course it does.

Your idiocy is preventing you from understanding the flaws of the word Negroid. Again why do you think Negroid is an OUTDATED TERM!

It is not outdated. It remains in use by forensic anthropologists. The only ''flaw'' is in your head.

slowpoke you're trying to say I am being an slave to white people or horners, when ITS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE and I'm again ACTUALLY trying to help you and debunk what those whites back then. Everyone with an IQ over 70 clearly understands what I'm saying. Again Negroid only means PHYSICAL FEATURES! Which is where the 'oid' comes in...Negr-oid, Mongol-oid, Caucas-oid. Seriously trying to educate you is like trying to educate deaf person.

What are you on about dude? Negroid means physical features which suggest black African ancestry, correct?

So what is the argument about?

You are the one saying we should not use the term because some white boy somewhere used the term inappropriately.

But the term negroid, used in its simple, honest manner means 'of black' or resembling black.. In fact there is academic suppport for this position:

''The word is formed by the base "Negro" (which means black in Spanish) and the suffix "-oid", which means "resembling"

^ Company, Houghton Mifflin (2005). The American Heritage guide to contemporary usage and style. Houghton Mifflin Company. p. 512. ISBN 0-618-60499-5.

''The term has both Greek and Latin etymological roots. It literally translates as "black resemblance" from negro/niger (black), and -oeidēs, equivalent to -o- -o- + -eidēs having the form of, derivative of eîdos form.''

^ "Oid | Define Oid at Dictionary.com". Dictionary.reference.com. Retrieved 2012-06-12.

Thus negroid would apply to all blacks and as well as all negroid populations, like Australasians and many southern Indians and Bangladeshis.

There is no reason to shy away from the term.
Re: Who Are The Ancient Igbo People? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
*Kails*:

I understand where you are coming from Pagan.

But you know there is a reason for all of this. Don't pretend that people who think like him just came from nowhere. In the past Africans may not have used skin color as a basis to claim kinship with one another however recent events such as slavery, racism, and the likes have changed this.

Even as a "pro-tribal" person you know that this is the new reality. When you look at me, you won't see a white woman. You won't even know I was jamaican unless I told you..why is that?

exactly. skin color and race are both real.

I have had Africans who belong to tribes tell me that I "look African" and asked me if I were African (specifically if I were from Kenya). Now if Africans did not recognize that there is a such thing as a "black race" why would they confuse me for being one of them?

All I am saying Pagan is you are free to feel how you feel just as he is, but let's not pretend and fight the facts. Yes there are still tribes in Africa with unique histories, cultures and the likes but there is also a black race. How can one define it? well, it's up the the individuals..either way I don't see the need for the insults.

undecided

I get what you are saying. smiley

I agree that things are changed today. there is No pretending otherwise. However lets be clear. it is not so rampant here. we are not racists and we dont want to be. many African youth are today getting influenced all by this black gangster, rap, etc., or whatever. you saw the Woolwhich incident? those are the kind of stuff that I get scared to think will affect my people.
we will abandon our tribes/culture and go for this black unity and other racist gay thingz. you get my drift?

a cat looks like a baby lion, but do they bite the same?

i dont really care for phenotype. i told you.

btw the insults were because he started it first. i just wanted to show him I can insult too. also his nagging and lack of ability to understand something no matter how much I repeat, really got on my nerves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muhammad Mua’zu Muhammad: My First Wife Got Me Three Other Wives – Emir Of Kanam / Pictures From 2019 Kano Durbar Festival / Nigerian Girls Should Reduce The Time They Spend On Facebook & Instagram- Sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.