Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,787 members, 7,844,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Religion - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Religion (50413 Views)

In Defence Of Religion - Pt 1. [The Necessity Of Religion In Churches And Homes] / Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? / Teach Yourself The Philosophy Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Religion by Stiv(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2013
This is a fascinating story, and it definitely deserves more than a nairaland frontpage. It deserves to be published as a book, an e-book, and its a great story for a blockbuster hollywood movie (Quentin Tarantino style). I like the way you did your research from wikipedia and other places to aid your writing. Well done, Frank.

However, when doing the final publishing, change from cops to police. That's how we know them in Naija. And get a solid proof reader. We humbly await the final chapter.

1 Like

Re: The Religion by ponana(m): 8:26am On Jun 01, 2013
Nice piece Mr Frank
Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
wow, the comments have been great... what more can i say... i really thank everyone that have taken out their time to say someting good to me. i am just overwhelmed

penzino: Wow Frankenstien as I have refered to u when I started from page one dis morning... U are a sensational writer, the suspence, intrigue, romance and action makes this piece an awesome one... I remove head dress for you... I just hope Chidi and nkiru would cum out safe. Consedering what Daniel went through, pls dnt complicate his character further... I would like to see a twist that would make Daniel an aquaintance with Priest in the past since there was nothing about them being togther.. And I wonder what havoc emeka, joe and co would unleash...

MY PREDICTIONS
1. That priest would result to hurting Nkiru and letting his enemy(adanna) suffer for the rest of her life as I veiw this as a possible defeat...
2. That one of priests followers must have met with Nkiru in the past and possibly gotten help from her, and this might lead to misunderstading within the sect..

Kudos Frankenstien.... More grease to ur elbow. This piece kept me awake all morning and I never regreted it..
Waiting patiently for next chapter
Sits down grabs a bottle of 50cl coke and a box of popcorn.... grin

i honestly cannot do that since Daniel's life for the past two years had been in sadness and isolation. he had also concentrated on revenge
Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
Chapter 12

deleted

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
deleted

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
deleted

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
deleted

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
deleted
Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
deleted

1 Like

Re: The Religion by Mynd44: 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
I wanna be like uncle Frank when I grow up cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2013
Pls you guys should not crucify me for typo errors... you all should know i dont play with my Fridays, therefor i suffer for Friday fun on Saturday...

Okay, chapter 12 ends here. let me point out that this story is about to end. it is going to be a 14 chapter story. i intend to keep the whole story to the three days timeline Priest gave himself to capture Adanna. extending the story or providing more twist will result in me exceeding the 3 day time line thereby not acheiving my aim. so the whole story was a 3days event with a few flash back.
the last event will happen in the last chapter while the last chapter will be used to describe how the ever after went. pls just still tell me what you tink. thanks.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mynd_44: I wanna be like uncle Frank when I grow up cheesy

ha Mr.Mynd... i want to be like you tooo even now.
Re: The Religion by Mynd44: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
frank3.16:

ha Mr.Mynd... i want to be like you tooo even now.
Yeah right......look at how interesting you stories are.......be my mentor jorh
Re: The Religion by Stiv(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
Nice work, but we need you to finish this masterpiece.
Re: The Religion by drsolob(m): 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
wow wating for part2
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
Oga franko, we dey ur back lyk hunch (ike).
Re: The Religion by danjkad: 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ooooooohhhh.
More update plsssssssss.
Re: The Religion by penzino(m): 2:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
Frankenstein.... U will definately live long cos u have a greatmind.... Kudos boss, u da bomb!!!
Re: The Religion by bukatyne(f): 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
Woah! Frank this was/is a splendid read. I like your power of imagination. Abeg, come and finish this story quick. I would definately write one day so that luvmijeje would critic.

Keep it up and my post condolences on your loss.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
danjkad: Ooooooohhhh.
More update plsssssssss.

Emmm that will on Monday or Tuesday
Re: The Religion by frank317: 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
bukatyne: Woah! Frank this was/is a splendid read. I like your power of imagination. Abeg, come and finish this story quick. I would definately write one day so that luvmijeje would critic.

Keep it up and my post condolences on your loss.

Thanks, I just hope she smiling at me from heaven and saying well done my love.

Thanks all for our wondering comments, I just hope u all will patient with meeting till I update on Tuesday
Re: The Religion by frank317: 3:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
penzino: Frankenstein.... U will definately live long cos u have a greatmind.... Kudos boss, u da bomb!!!

U will love long too my brother
Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
Hmm!!..
What can I say?
Reading your story is worth every of my time.
'You nor dey waste time to update like Government.'
I love the twist, turns and suspense.

Just some few corrections i think..

''Piss''.,,, should be substituted with ''pee''.

''kill my little sister'' should be ''kill my younger sister''
#Nkiru should be of age to be addressd as ''little'' by Adanna.
Re: The Religion by benaak(f): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
Frankly speakin Frank,u are a genius,the plot, twist ,suspense are terrific,welldone.
I pray that the Lord will compensate u doubly for ur loss,it is well.
Re: The Religion by princesa(f): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
suspensful and rovery... grin

congrats on hitting the front page, and for your more regular update, unlike yours trulysmiley

i already have a mentor am growing up to be like, so just mentor Mynddwink
Re: The Religion by ibrokola(m): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
frank3.16:
Chapter 7

Afam was already knocked out with alcohol and marijuana. Emeka was also high and was at one end of the room playing romantically with the beautiful girl by his side, they were on the rug. Joe and his girl were already sleeping with his own girl in a separate room after getting high and a multiple round of sex. Bullet was dancing to the music that played loudly in the common room while his girl sat on the cushion and admired him; she was holding a bottle of rum.

The girls were students of Imo State University who had been called up by Joe to have a small party with them. This wasn’t the first time they were having such gathering. It used to be a daily thing, but due to the recent low financial status of the Omenkas, it was now done occasionally. The girls obviously missed the fun and they always looked forward to it.

The sound of the music was deafening, but they all loved it.

Emeka’s mobile phone, which was a distance from him rang the fifth time and this time around Bullet noticed it.

“Your phone is ringing!!” Bullet had to scream to be heard.

Emeka regretfully left the girl on the floor and slowly walked up to his mobile phone.

His vision was a little blurry but he was able to see that he had five missed called, he checked the caller ID that had been calling him and saw it was Papa, he became alarmed. Why would Papa call him persistently like that? Something was wrong.

He left the house to somewhere less noisy and made to dial the number when the phone rang again.

“Papa…”

“Where the hell did you keep your phone!!!” Papa screamed into his ear drum.

The effect of the alcohol in Emeka’s system instantly cleared. It was unlike Papa to display anger in this manner.

“You better come home with Joe immediately something terrible ha…”

“Papa! Papa!!” Emeka almost scream as he could hear that Papa was chocking, then a sound that showed that the phone had fallen from his hand and crashed on the floor, and then the line went dead.

Quickly he dropped the cell phone in his pocket and rushed into the building.

Joe and his girl were already sleeping with his own girl in a separate room after getting high and a multiple round of sex.
Re: The Religion by kenny987(f): 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
Frank3.16! Ur story and everything in it is awesome! I've bin seeing this title "The Religion" and always put it down as something un-interesting so never bothered reading until yesterday evening. I'm glad I didn't read till now cos this way I don't get 2 deal with d suspense and waiting 4 updates. Trust me though, u're a great writer! Just some typos here n there and u're good 2 go. Take heart on d loss of ur fiancee, the Lord will certainly console u and cause u 2 find anoda 2 spend ur lifetime with. Kudos!
Re: The Religion by frank317: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
iebanehita: Hmm!!..
What can I say?
Reading your story is worth every of my time.
'You nor dey waste time to update like Government.'
I love the twist, turns and suspense.

Just some few corrections i think..

''Piss''.,,, should be substituted with ''pee''.

''kill my little sister'' should be ''kill my younger sister''
#Nkiru should be of age to be addressd as ''little'' by Adanna.

Thanks guy... Point noted
Re: The Religion by Emeralddan(f): 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
Congratulations bro on making the frontpage.....this story is so WOW!!
Re: The Religion by Ohibenemma(m): 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
Good writing, I must admit. Started reading it about two days ago, and have been re-drawn to it several times when idle. It's free flowing and fairly detailed. For those expecting too much details, probably Chimamandaesque, I'd say 'one man's meat is another's fish'. While her style is great and consistent, her descriptions are sometimes boring (I skip such parts while reading ).
However, Oga Frank, I won't fail to state it that I have little patience with certain 'overlookings' Nigerians and even half educated westerners(eg footballers on twitter) make while writing. 'My dad has BEING the chairman for over two years,' is an example of such. 'He HEAT him hard with a cudgel,' is another. Such mistakes are scattered across your work, but this isn't to deter you, it's to make you pay more attention. Once again, you are good.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ohibenemma: Good writing, I must admit. Started reading it about two days ago, and have been re-drawn to it several times when idle. It's free flowing and fairly detailed. For those expecting too much details, probably Chimamandaesque, I'd say 'one man's meat is another's fish'. While her style is great and consistent, her descriptions are sometimes boring (I skip such parts while reading ).
However, Oga Frank, I won't fail to state it that I have little patience with certain 'overlookings' Nigerians and even half educated westerners(eg footballers on twitter) make while writing. 'My dad has BEING the chairman for over two years,' is an example of such. 'He HEAT him hard with a cudgel,' is another. Such mistakes are scattered across your work, but this isn't to deter you, it's to make you pay more attention. Once again, you are good.
Ohibenemma: Good writing, I must admit. Started reading it about two days ago, and have been re-drawn to it several times when idle. It's free flowing and fairly detailed. For those expecting too much details, probably Chimamandaesque, I'd say 'one man's meat is another's fish'. While her style is great and consistent, her descriptions are sometimes boring (I skip such parts while reading ).

ya, i get that... but i have an editor who helps me polish my work. thanks for that though... i wil definately work hard to be beter next time
Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
Emerald dan: Congratulations bro on making the frontpage.....this story is so WOW!!

thanks dear, glad you like it.

kenny987: Frank3.16! Ur story and everything in it is awesome! I've bin seeing this title "The Religion" and always put it down as something un-interesting so never bothered reading until yesterday evening. I'm glad I didn't read till now cos this way I don't get 2 deal with d suspense and waiting 4 updates. Trust me though, u're a great writer! Just some typos here n there and u're good 2 go. Take heart on d loss of ur fiancee, the Lord will certainly console u and cause u 2 find anoda 2 spend ur lifetime with. Kudos!

i am glad you read it and you commented. thanks, the lord is my strenght.

princesa: suspensful and rovery... grin

congrats on hitting the front page, and for your more regular update, unlike yours trulysmiley

i already have a mentor am growing up to be like, so just mentor Mynddwink

ahhh princess, i never reach to be mentorooo, with all these gramatical errors?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2 / The Murder Case- A short story / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.