Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

My Friends Experience With Arik. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friends Experience With Arik. (738 Views)

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Experience With Arik. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
I copied this from her page, make I help her spread the message small.

My Arik Experience:
I bought an online ticket on saturday, I was debited and a ticket wasn't issued. So I carried my bag and went to their Maitama Office.
This was at 11am, I waited for my turn and complained to the lady who refered to me to the Lady on the first desk at your left when you enter that office.
Now this dark plum lady is as useless in customers service as a condom is to an impotent Man, I say this without apologies, she took my details and asked me to wait buy anotherr ticket and apply for reversal, I told her I didn't have money to do that, its an official trip which every kobo is carefully budgeted and I need to account for, secondly, I did a reversal once and it took a year and 2 months for them to reverse my money after countless trips and emotions, plus they deducted 4000 from my money.
When I refused to purchase another ticket and wait endlessly for a reversal she became aggressive. Rudely asked me to wait while she sent a mail, I thanked her and took my seat. She sent the mail and told me to go I would get a response by 3pm, I politely told her I would prefer to wait and wait I did patiently from 11am to 3pm.
At 3.30 the receptionist came and informed me that they wanted to close, so I approched my Customer service madam and asked if she got any response, she seemed upset that I was distracting her from the movie she was watching as she slowly reomved the ear piece from her ear.
She told me to come back on monday, I responded that coming back monday is impossible as I had an assesment to conduct from 8am till 11.20 when I was meant to leave for the airport, she then rudely told me that there is nothing she can do, I asked her again for the fifth time if there was a customer care line I could call or she could call to get a faster response than the mails she sent and I also sent 7 times to their Customer relations desk again she asked me if she would know any number and refuse to tell me (very aggressively) while me the aggrived customer who waited 5 hours was trying to keep a calm situation very unlike me, I must be getting old)
Anyway, one slim fair guy (God bless him) came over and told her "give her the customer service line now" she seemed very upset at his suggestion and told him rudely to give it to me himself.
He gave it to me I thanked him and called, I got through after one dial.
The polite service agent apologised for the inconvience, listed carefully and told me that the Officer would attend to me 8am monday, I thanked him and hung up.
Monday Morning 8am, I tried calling and got through 20 minutes after 8am.
Another polite Agent Imosun picked up and asked if I had enough airtime to stay on the line while he sorted it out, I did and so I stayed on line while he checked picked up my details and said it will be processed soon.
He asked if I had called earlier I told him I did and told him the agents response which he said was wrong that I should have been attended to since saturday.
Anyway, at 11am, I still hadn't seen my ticket and so I called back and got another polite Edeeth who gave me the ticket number and as soon as I dropped I received the email fro them confirminng my ticket.
An hour later the Customer agent called back to ask if I had received my ticket, I said yes and they wished me a safe flight.
I got to the airport, met the best crew ever, had a wonderful flight experience.
Arik seems to be working on improving their customer relation services but bad eggs like that lady should be properly trained, she should be taught to watch movies at her own time so customers with compliants like me won't be a distraction to her
Re: My Friends Experience With Arik. by biolabee(m): 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
Happy that you were sorted out

People like this are the reason naija business die quickly

Sad
Re: My Friends Experience With Arik. by eddy1977(m): 12:15am On Apr 30, 2013
That was rude for her. Why not report her to the manager or human resources?
Re: My Friends Experience With Arik. by Rocktation(f): 1:36am On Apr 30, 2013
Oh yes! I can attest to this. Arik hands staffing their ticketing counters can be quite unruly, I tell you. They expect you to practically grovel, just so you can patronize them. The one time i had to book with the one in MMA, it took the grace of God and 2 supervisors to subdue one hefty guy from yanking one silly lady staff of theirs, over the counter. She was completely ignoring customers on the queue and attending to her co-workers' never-ending line of "relatives". People were pissed, but everyone tried to be civil until that big guy couldn't take no more. And so he complained. You can imagine everyone's shock and dismay when the lady told him to be quiet and to go take over from her, if he thinks it's such an easy job. He got even madder, threatening her and hitting on the counter, until he attracted her superiors.

I summed it up to her being overwhelmed by the rush of customers, about that period in which arik was rated number one in Nigeria with sound airplanes, following the Dana crash. But I've been hearing a lot more complaints from others, since then.

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Anyone In Dominican Republic / Filing For PR For Spouse To Travel To Canada / Place Of Birth Vs Visa Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.