Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts (26973 Views)

Man With Wife & Kids Caught Stealing A Mobile Phone On CCTV In A Bank (Photos) / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by softangel(m): 5:23am On May 01, 2013
maximunimpact: A customer walks in to d customer service desk and a coversation starts:
CCO: u ar welcom 2 access bank sir/madam(as if d customer no knw say na accessbank he enter) how may I be of service?

Customer: I wnt 2 check my balance

CCO:alright sir(while tearing out a sheet of paper) pls write ur acct name, number n sign

Customer: ok take, chek am 4 me

CCO: sir pls(gives u bak d piece of paper like driver dey give police N20)

Customer: what! Dis can't be my balance! D last time I checked it was N50,550, hw come its now N47,802.98?

CCO: pls sir just hold on a bit, let me show ur transaction history.

Customer: oya na

CCO: alright sir, just listen let me xplain(turns d system 2 d customer's view) ok sir dis N1000 is 4 ur anual acct mtnance fee
N150 4 alert
N100 for E-channel charges
N1000 for ur VISA card isueance fee

Customer: but my ATM will xpire in may 2014, how come am been charged again?

CCO: (ignores d question as if its rhetorical) sir dis N2.50k is ur interest capitalise

Customer: (gets furious now) I wnt 2 c ur manager now, I can't axpt all dis u ar sayin madam

CCO: (gets relieved now, manager will talk d rest) ok sir go downstairs ask of the manager, dey will direct u.(Customer lives now while d next come 4wd)

D next customer: I don alredy hear d gist wey u give dat man......I dnt wnt 2 c ur manager, give me form I wnt 2 close my account!

CCOsadgets confused now) pls jst hold don a little bit, I will get bak 2 u

D former customer: (walks in smiling wit a customised accessbank handfan) ur manager hav xplained evrytin 2 me, am now satisfied, accessbank is d best bank in nigeria (whatever d manager told him I have no idea, but I knw it must have been a hell of convincing)

CCO: (smiling now) tank u sir for banking wit us
Have a nice day(turns 2 d nxt customer now) sir do u still wnt 2 close ur account?

Customer: no ma, d manager have said it all........

That was my experience @ der customer care desk on monday, was really shocked dat brainwashing is dis real in dis digital age!

Mumu..,what are u complaining abt? When u too fell prey to their unacceptable deductions and yet, refused to see the light undecided
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by timilehing(m): 5:27am On May 01, 2013
life4all: I had the same experience with AccessBank, I sent them an e-mail but there was no response. It was initially #100/ month either you use the account that month or not so they have graduated to #200 now.

I have not done any transaction on that account since almost a year and I do not plan to since I have a better bank that do not need to steal from my account every month.
Mine was 320<100 for electronic buzz, 100 account maintainance and 120 for sms alert charge which is all adverts from them o> since i've empty d account now, it has been reduced to 100 but am not using it again till they stop dat corporate stealing
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by softangel(m): 5:33am On May 01, 2013
prof2005: It's your N400 that was stolen by those crooks. I will provide a screenshot of my company's account tomorrow where Access has robbed me of more than N200,000 since sept last year till date. Meanwhile I am seeking a legal redress to the matter. They are the worst bank ever. They steal customers' funds and give a stupid memo for the charge. Imagine Account maintainance 5,000 a month unannounced. When am done with this people, their reputation will ... I wouldn't mind spending N1,000,000 to get this 200k back.

Go for it plz. All these silly and incessant deductions are all against CBN Act. And while @ it, instruct ur Lawyer to slam them with damages of millions.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by softangel(m): 5:37am On May 01, 2013
dearestsewa: Since I ve bn wt first bank, all has bn wel.
Access charge 4birthday msgs as if i beg dem, no interests etc. BTW, does any bank gv interests on saving anymore dz days?

Yes, GTB. Very mimimal tho, depending on ur savings.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by softangel(m): 5:47am On May 01, 2013
slimtoy: yes i agree with you sometime last year i noticed 170,000 was missing from my current account i visited the bank to complain about it and have them look into it,the balance i got from my sms alerts were different from the balance on my bank statement. while i was on the case the same thing happened to my girl friend about N70,000 went missing from her account too. Eventually after a month on the matter 156,000 was refunded to me and they told me the rest of the money were bank charges blah blah so i stopped using access bank.My girl friends money was not returned an she also shut down her account with access bank,friends family have stopped using access bank after the heared about what happened to us.i also noticed that they deduct money from savings account too for no reason when i asked a worker in the bank why it was so, the worker had nothing to say about it she only said bank charges. i smh* for people that still bank with access bank.

Same thing happened to me @ 1st Bank as regards inconsistent balance on SMS alert and Bank Statement and when i queried them they said they r simply deducting my SMS alerts charges in advance undecided

BTW i heard some banks' staff deduct a/some naira or thereabt from each customer's acc and when accumulated together bcomes millions.cryGod help us.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by softangel(m): 5:51am On May 01, 2013
dearestsewa: Way forward:
1. We shdnt jst b planning to bt we shd actually close our accts. Dnt even let manager convince u.
2. Let OP rewrite d title as "Beware of Access Bank, Close ur acct and dnt open new ones.
3. Make dz thread viral on evry social media network u knw 2raise alarm.
4. Put these in the newspaper if you have d access.
5. Port 2anoda bank bt ask abt their charges and benefits b4 u do so o.
6. Write a complaints 2TV stations.
7. Put ds fraud notice evrywhere: ATM, Offices, their gates overnight.
8. Jst begin a revolt smhw.
Mod, dnt evn try 2hide ds post. I av freedom of speech oh.

grin grin @ "Mod, dnt evn try 2hide ds post. I av freedom of speech oh"
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Nobody: 6:03am On May 01, 2013
MizEmerald: i don port go fidelity tey tey
that's a very good bank, I was with them then took my money to zenith cos of capital base. I wonder why my account is still with zenith. : \ oh I remember, I tried to transfer and I was advised I would be charged 5 naira per 1000 naira transfer, by the time i calculated the charges...e don enter tens of thousand. Nigerian banks and so many funny charges.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Nobody: 6:09am On May 01, 2013
GTbank and First bank plc.
Dr Muzungu: So which bank should one use these days?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by 53cur3m0d3(m): 6:44am On May 01, 2013
the fools deducted 1k from my account last february, then last month (April), they deducted #100 and another #40. I was so annoyed that I stormed into their premises and demanded an explanation. The customer care lady said the 1k for february was for annual ATM maintenance fee, and that the #100 was for monthly ATM service fee and the #40 for alert. the idiots just keep "Salami Shaving" us as they like..... sad angry
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by desoul2004(m): 6:59am On May 01, 2013
I have experience the same thing, i didn't waste my precious time 2 close the account rather i left the account with the operating balance... They can even steal that if they want. Nigerians should be wise enough to know that we have many other Banks with a better service.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Georgeorge20: 7:30am On May 01, 2013
capital YES,because I bank with them,they alert me with difference account balance
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by TheOne2(m): 7:46am On May 01, 2013
Access Bank is pushing the boundaries. When I saw this thread yesterday, I told my wife to check her savings account and unbelievably they removed N2000 in February and N5000 each in March and April while putting one nairaland interest per month. Na me and them tomorrow
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Nobody: 8:04am On May 01, 2013
softangel:

Mumu..,what are u complaining abt? When u too fell prey to their unacceptable deductions and yet, refused to see the light undecided
Why call him a mumu just to respond to his post, just because here is a faceless forum. This man could be around your fathers age you know, cos am so sure you are a kid with this comment of yours. Please be civil next time. For real acess bank are a jerk when it comes to deductions.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Winneygirl(f): 8:05am On May 01, 2013
Dr Muzungu: So which bank should one use these days?
Stanbic IBTC Bank.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Nobody: 8:08am On May 01, 2013
Thought it was only me it was happening to, though my was like #200 every month. I jst removed the small i have left. That is stealing in disguise
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by negbenebor(f): 8:51am On May 01, 2013
Assess bank,shame on you,imagin no single good comment or you think you are the only bank that seeks profit.let first bank educate you.....customers first....not profit first.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by wwwkaycom(m): 8:59am On May 01, 2013
My acct bal at Access Bank as at this morning is (N884.36). Minus abi? This is becos I stopped all transactions with the bank since July 2012 with a balance of N2312.88. I have since given Access Bank a divorce certificate and quickly reaffirmed my marriage to GTB and my old and faithful first bride, First Bank Plc, ire o!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by geogino(m): 9:17am On May 01, 2013
Chibuzo-Ikenna:

Do send more emails and text sms to them, thats more surer than this blast
Twitter handle is @myaccessbankplc

Come and say something for your bank
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Cute1bliss(m): 9:50am On May 01, 2013
i was at their bank to make enquiry on how much i will get if i fix N2 million for 6months. the lady told me it was 11% and that i will get N240,000 as interest for the 6 months.
one week later the N12,000 balance in my account was debited as service fees. After 6months i got an aert that my account has been credited with N108,389.40 interest and 10 minutes later a debit alert of N10,838.94 was removed from the interest paid. i rushed to the bank for an explanation and was told that that was my profit and that i will only get N240,000 if i fix the 2million naira for 1 year.
i asked them to give me my N2million pus the profit and was told that it was only the profit that dropped and not the main capital and that i should come back in aweeks time!! i am waiting for 2nd may to come so i can go clear my money from that crook bank!!
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Archangels1: 10:32am On May 01, 2013
i don't wanna comment on how frustrating they are in school. cant even recharge my phone with their bloody atm card talkless about how many times they have left.boys stranded. na condition bend cray fish sha but him go soon straight
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2013
Oga, the truth is that if we all have issues wiv the bank, d least we can do is to send them more emails, do a stingerto their twitter handle, call their customer service, visit thier 5* branches or something not this splutter of dissatiSfactions been paraded here.

I actually have refered @myaccessbankplc to this thread. Hope somebody sees this.

geogino:

Come and say something for your bank
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by kinharold(m): 11:01am On May 01, 2013
Just this April end, they deducted 5000 from our account without any notice or information. we have used that account for more than a year now and such has not happened before. When we called our account officer, he said that is the new monthly charge for account maintenance. He even advised that we should change our account type to a different one.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by ibkgab001: 11:23am On May 01, 2013
You mean International Breweries PLC omi asoro Ilesha lolllllllllllllllll
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by truthcom: 11:25am On May 01, 2013
kinharold: Just this April end, they deducted 5000 from our account without any notice or information. we have used that account for more than a year now and such has not happened before. When we called our account officer, he said that is the new monthly charge for account maintenance. He even advised that we should change our account type to a different one.

And did the stupid manager informed you before deducting from your account ? They will be advising to change account type when they know they have swindled your money already. Nigerians must not allow this. These bank executives are bunch of scammers and should not be allowed to go with all these Billions of Naira.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by truthcom: 11:28am On May 01, 2013
Access Bank stole my own money too. They are the useless robber ever seen. If Nigerians ever allow this people to go with these huge stolen funds, then we are doomed for ever. OMG, in the 21st century, someone defrauding the whole nation like this... CBN Governor you can read this or...
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by truthcom: 11:31am On May 01, 2013
@all, please bombard their facebook page with bad messages https://www.facebook.com/myaccess Lets show to the world, they are robbers

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by izumcdon: 12:23pm On May 01, 2013
Even from the name of the bank acesss meaning they have access to stealing people's money sad
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by kilimanjaro(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2013
softangel:

Yes, GTB. Very mimimal tho, depending on ur savings.
Which GTB? I don't even know which deduct more between them and Access.
Just yesterday, they(GTB) deducted N170 from my account. They said for one useless charge like that.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by Suntzung: 2:26pm On May 01, 2013
Avenir: I suddenly received transaction alert email from Access Bank today (I assumed previous ones have gone to spam email) and found out that since January, Access Bank has been taking 400 naira (200 naira twice a month) from my account as a service charge and also taking 10 naira every month as VAT.

I didn't understand these debit charges because the account is not a current account and there has been no transaction on the account (no debit card, no passbook issue, no withdrawal, no payment, etc) since Access Bank took over the account from Intercontinental. I can't recall being advised that my account has turned to a monthly fee paying account and I don't know why I need to pay VAT every month when I have not bought anything.

I sent an email to access bank and they replied tersely that it is their new annual charge of 200 naira. However, this is not an annual charge on my account as my account is hit 3 times a month with a total of 410 naira in charges. Moreover, I have not previously been advised about the introduction of an annual charge.

Is any other person being hit with these charges? Is this the new banking system in Nigeria? Is this specific to accounts taken over from Intercontinental bank and access bank way of recouping their purchase cost? I don't think I will like to help they pay their purchase cost and I plan to close my account when I come to Nigeria. This sound like daylight robbery.

NA WAH FOR THIS BANK ! MY ACCOUNT FROM N5,000 CR COT LAST YEAR NOW GROWS TO N212,000 DEBIT! NO LOAN, NO OVERDRAFT, DORMANT ACCOUNT. NA COURT I DE GO STRAIGHT JO! NA BARAWI
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by efe22(m): 2:27pm On May 01, 2013
Closing my account asap. Been noticing #100 debits and other hidden charges (the text reads "end of month balance" I never subscribed for) since the last 4 months.
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by okonri(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2013
They ve bleaped all d money money in my account. Mobile charge (deducting 150/month 2 send me shitty ad messages), email charge, service charge, atm charge etc. I ain't putting shit in there no more!
Re: Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts by steve888(m): 5:28pm On May 01, 2013
i just hope that i will not experience this too oooh if it happens to me i will close that account asap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masters Energy Industrial City, Abia State (Photos) / 3 Common Mindsets That Breeds Poverty / 10 Beliefs And Financial Decisions That Keep You Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.