Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs (18532 Views)

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled / What Differentiates Islamic Banking From Other Banks In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by iphoneloaded(m): 7:14am On Jan 08, 2014
Just received the below message from Access Bank:

"Effective Jan 15, 2014,ATM cards trapped in other banks' ATMs will be deactivated & reissued. For more details call the Contact Center on 01-2712005-7"

Is this applicable to other banks too? Did you received such message? I don't mind porting if the issue only applies to Access Bank cards sad

P.S Mods, please move it to the right section if this one is not meant for this post. Thank you.

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by bigtt76(f): 8:06am On Jan 08, 2014
It's for your own security ...except of course you into the 'card trapping biz' grin ...if you know what I mean wink

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by iphoneloaded(m): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2014
bigtt76: It's for your own security ...except of course you into the 'card trapping biz' grin ...if you know what I mean wink

No I'm not into it grin

But my card often traps in my school first bank, that means I must wait for some weeks to withdraw cry

I would get a FB account as alternative if not porting.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Gboliwe: 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Is this new? Two or three years ago, my card got trapped in my banks ATM, I was asked to pay for a new one. This is in the same bank ooo.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by iphoneloaded(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gboliwe: Is this new? Two or three years ago, my card got trapped in my banks ATM, I was asked to pay for a new one. This is in the same bank ooo.

shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by semid4lyfe(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
I also got the text message. . . . . .
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Shedysworld(m): 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
That means this bank's don't want us using other banks ATM.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Caracta(f): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
Never trust a bank.

I hope the new cards will be re-issued IMMEDIATELY in any branch of the bank. Not that you'll have to travel several miles to the branch you opened the account with. If this is not possible, then it's time to port aggressively!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Temismith(f): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
Na so ooo, i got d text too, but i do not buy d idea as well. Tink dis is another method to exploit deir customers.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by kelahns: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
They are just looking for an avenue to make income since withdrawal from other banks' ATM don't attract charges anymore.

Blame it on CBN... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by gen2briz(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
Noted
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by anonymously404: 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
Omo make him be only access o
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by mosho2good: 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
That very bad wat of of u are in need of money or emergency.....
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by johnwizey: 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
ok
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by LagosBoi2(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
So what do i do now?
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Pstsmith(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
Dem no get handwork atall.... Instead of to de annouce better tin for dis 2014
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Ranchhoddas: 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
bigtt76: It's for your own security ...except of course you into the 'card trapping biz' grin ...if you know what I mean wink
i also got the message,pls what is 'card trapping biz'

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by joshuaidibia(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
iphoneloaded: Just received the below message from Access Bank:

"Effective Jan 15, 2014,ATM cards trapped in other banks' ATMs will be deactivated & reissued. For more details call the Contact Center on 01-2712005-7"

Is this applicable to other banks too? Did you received such message? I don't mind porting if the issue only applies to Access Bank cards sad

P.S Mods, please move it to the right section if this one is not meant for this post. Thank you.
C as ya ba3 dy low. hope u don charge nw.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by jreyez(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
Listening to ' 8 mile by Eminem' cool
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Fogman(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
Following
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by charlsecy(m): 9:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
It is advisable to have an ATM card from at least 2 banks. Intra-ATM transactions, where possible, are encouraged.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Adatob(m): 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nice
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
this access, together with MTN, they've made my life miserable with text messages angry

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Project400: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
That is not the best thing to do.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by dotuna3(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
All they re doing is to help u. Is it not beta to de-activate ur ATM card than u losing a lot cash frm ur acct?. They re really doing u good cos in d process of ur card being trapped someone can ve access to ur card pin from dat bank u used their ATM and can make use of it. Here u re thinking of porting

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Deiok(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
Thats good. What about those trap on theirs?, will they compensate the constumer for the incoveniences?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
I sent a mail to them since morning, they didn't reply.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Not a problem, as long as customers aren't charged for the new cards.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
dotuna3: All they re doing is to help u. Is it not beta to de-activate ur ATM card than u losing a lot cash frm ur acct?. They re really doing u good cos in d process of ur card being trapped someone can ve access to ur card pin from dat bank u used their ATM and can make use of it. Here u re thinking of porting
bros I will gladly port cos of this poo, I've been using atms for years nw, and my atm has never been tampered with by any bank while its stuck.
Access bank is just looking for a way to exploit customers, cos surely they will ask you to pay for the new atm, or is it free

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by naijasofamerica(f): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
Will this solve our immediate need for cash if cards are trapped?

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Cooldude001: 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Can't All Nigerian Banks Upgrade to Overseas Atm banking system whereby a person slot in & out of the Atm machine without fear of being stranded if card is trapped... angry

6 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
GTB bank did the same to me last December when my card got trapped in First Bank's ATM. They issued another one saying the security whatever on my card has been compromised. At last N1000 was deducted. To me it's just a means of making more money by the banks and preventing security breach on our ATM cards. Meaning that every time you get your card trapped in another Bank's ATM, be ready to part ways with N1000. Lobatan!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahia Ohuru Market Aba On Fire (Video, Photo) / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% / CBN Grants Wema Bank National License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.